Page 28 of 30 FirstFirst ... 182627282930 LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Dear Cartoon network, if you do not give a proper ending to young justice, and especially green lantern, i am through with you and your weird butt decisions.. that is all
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I had hopes that there would be some closure to this show before Cartoon Network pulls the plug but I am losing faith.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

BLUE BEETLE HAS BEEN SAVED

Happy happy happy

oh yeah

so happy

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

as you may have guessed this makes me very happy
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    you need a hobby! ;o)j/k I'm glad that plot line has been solved , but since the light WANTED it to happen, it's probably not over yet.
    anyone know the history behind the mumm-ra like chamber they where in, or is that new for the show? it seemed to come out of nowhere
    Geek Media -

well as long as it is Jaime in control and not the reach I am fine with it.

Is it just me or have they really shortchanged Captain Marvel? He got beat up a few times and the writers made him look weak. Then he just faded into the background.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    anyone know the history behind the mumm-ra like chamber they where in, or is that new for the show? it seemed to come out of nowhere

It is the temple of Isis. 4,000 years ago, Isis was part of a mystic ritual that locked the control of the Scarab over its bearer. In 1939, archeologist Dan Garret discovered the Scarab in the temple, it bonded with him, and he became the first Blue Beetle. They are teasing the Secrets of Isis in which school teacher Andrea Thomas receives the powers of Isis through a mystical amulet.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue View Post
    Is it just me or have they really shortchanged Captain Marvel? He got beat up a few times and the writers made him look weak. Then he just faded into the background.
    Yeah, Cap really does seem short changed -- early on the team behind the show talked like Cap was going to be a significant presence in the show. But I have the impression the short changing really has more to do with Cartoon Network than the team working on the show, it seems like a whole bunch of stuff changed with the introduction of the 5 year jump and the Invasion arc. Perhaps CN had decided back then to cut the show short and the show's team their now known X remaining episodes on this Invasion arc to allow for some resolution to the Light's plans.

It's also possible that there could be some push from DC wanting to snuff out Captain Marvel and replace him with the new 52's Shazam, EG the new game Injustice: Gods Among Us uses all the new 52 versions including Shazam, even the series 2 Zerboz micro-figures uses the new 52 Shazam instead of the Captain Marvel.

It's rather sad really, in some ways it's like a real life version of Kingdom Come playing out with Captain Marvel being the first superhero to disappear.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

Happy happy happy

oh yeah

so happy

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY

as you may have guessed this makes me very happy

YEEEEAAAAAAAAA!!!! The Gaara Avatar is back!!!!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Remind me why this show is getting canceled.
    Looking for 200x figures MOC: Stratos Claw Attack. Send PM with offers.

Great Traders: Bobubott, bigassbuzz, umbloo, vancak, CRAZYMOTUFAN, CringerMyBestFriend, Amberbratt, JustariusX, Zodak74, Shadowsnake, SirBushnell, air23cnhit, skeletorsambora, Daviono1080, Brett, aschoenbart.

Check out www.hyveofvillainy.com
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

It's met the standard number of episodes that most DC shows get, so time for a new show.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

These last two episodes have been superb. Can't wait until next week's episode!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Epizo1 View Post
    Remind me why this show is getting canceled.
    Supposedly, I've heard that Young Justice AND Green Lantern are being canceled for the same reason that ThunderCats and 200X is gone -- lack of toy revenue.

Bruce Timm said that merchandisers didn't want to touch GL the Animated Series because of the Ryan Reynolds flick. The lack of toy sales killed GL the Animated series.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Supposedly, I've heard that Young Justice AND Green Lantern are being canceled for the same reason that ThunderCats and 200X is gone -- lack of toy revenue.

Bruce Timm said that merchandisers didn't want to touch GL the Animated Series because of the Ryan Reynolds flick. The lack of toy sales killed GL the Animated series.
    ugh.. so instead we get more reboots of batman.....I am beginning to hate reboots.. there are only so many ways you can re-invent something without rehashing the same things...that and retailers are short sighted...green lantern is awesome!
    Geek Media -

I really don't understand the "lack of toy money" excuse when Cartoon Network seems to be champing at the bit to run shows that they will never see a dime from as far as merchandising revenue goes. EG LEGO Ninjago, How to Train Your Dragon, LEGO: Legends of Chima.

I guess we're fortunate that the people running CN now weren't running it a decade ago; can you imagine Dexter's Lab, Powerpuff Girls, Samurai Jack, Foster's Home For Imaginary Friends, and others getting canned because of no toy revenue?

The jokes on Cartoon Network now -- kids are going to eat up Pacific Rim and all CN can do is kick themselves for cancelling Sym-bionic Titan and Megas XLR. {and of course chasing away talent like Genndy Tartakovsky and Craig McCracken}
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; March 9, 2013 at 07:15pm.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    I don't think Mattel's toy strategy for this line was a good one. Too many different scales. The 6" figures, which the collectors wanted, were too hard to find, came with bases many of us didn't want, and didn't have a good selection of characters.

Toy companies aren't sure what they want to do, and are too busy trying to appease everyone. Doing more collector based subline and a more mom and kid subline aren't really going to help you in the end. Focus on one or the other, not both. They should have just focused on a more retail friendly line.

The Green Lantern cartoon should have come out before the movie, not after.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    I don't think Mattel's toy strategy for this line was a good one. Too many different scales. The 6" figures, which the collectors wanted, were too hard to find, came with bases many of us didn't want, and didn't have a good selection of characters.
    I don't think there were too many different scales. I think the problem was the cost. Mattel tried to go after higher price points on figures that were not worth that much. The 4" were a steal. They had what, 5 POA? And Mattel was selling them for $8-10? They didn't learn their lesson from JLU at Target. The 6" figures were $22-24 at some places.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    ugh.. so instead we get more reboots of batman.....I am beginning to hate reboots.. there are only so many ways you can re-invent something without rehashing the same things...that and retailers are short sighted...green lantern is awesome!
    WB is the problem. The only things they like pushing are Batman and Justice League, with the occasional Superman thrown in. We'll see the upteenth Batman cartoon rather than going on with a new hero who hasn't had a cartoon yet, like Flash or Wonder Woman.

We've had Batman cartoons that have lasted quite awhile. There are only four, but Batman doesn't flop.

Batman TAS (and it's Batman offshoots including Batman Beyond)
    The Batman
    Batman: Brave and the Bold
    Beware the Batman

I am also sick of all the damn Batman cartoons and even when it is not a cartoon about him he is a major character in it and it has already got beyond being tediously boring now

still on a good note

Blue Beetle is still a good guy

and the fight between the Young Justice team, The Light and The Reach was just so damn EPIC and well worth the wait. It was also nice to see Kid Flash officially hand over the reigns to Impulse, just a shame the show has been cancelled because this is easily my fave EVER DC superhero toon

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

How did Avatar Last Airbender or Legend of Korra at selling toys?
    Those cartoons are awesome but I never heard of any hype about the toys. The same with Avengers EMH, there was not a dedicated line for that catoon besides what Hasbro already had on the market, Marvel 3 3/4 figures.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Warrior
    I am also sick of all the damn Batman cartoons and even when it is not a cartoon about him he is a major character in it and it has already got beyond being tediously boring now
    If you'll notice almost every new superhero cartoon or movie is all about the character as a teenager, going back to the very beginning. That's because it's all about appealing to the kiddies and all their disposable income mommie and daddie give them. The days of superheroes being in their 20's and 30's are over.
    As for CN, in the future, whenever they come out with the occasional toon that you actually enjoy, do yourself a favor and don't get too attached to it. Treat every new episode you see like it's the finale, because you'll never know when CN will play their infamous "hiatus" card. To be honest, a few months back, I wish they had just announced a marathon of all-new episodes of YJ (the remaining episodes) for one day and just gotten the series over with, if this is the way the network was going to treat the show. After all, it's painfully obvious CN wanted nothing to do with the show after they realized they couldn't sell toys from it. Instead of slowly peeling the band-aid off, how about one motion, Right Off!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Those cartoons are awesome but I never heard of any hype about the toys. The same with Avengers EMH, there was not a dedicated line for that catoon besides what Hasbro already had on the market, Marvel 3 3/4 figures.
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:...bender_toyline

i don't know how well it sold (it didn't help that i got into the show AFTER it had finished), but there was a two wave line (three waves in a few countries) by mattel. the sculpts look pretty solid and it looks like there's a decent amount of articulation. there appears to be a nice selection of characters (although the lack of a katara or toph is unforgivable). i remember there being a line for the movie, but as i recall it did about as well as the movie itself.

i haven't heard of korra getting a toyline yet. that could just be because it was originally planned as a 12 episode miniseries, rather than an ongoing show. things could change, but if there was one in the works i think we would have heard something by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Those aren't Cartoon Network shows.

Nickelodeon and Disney XD treat their shows better.

I'm not so sure about Disney XD -- they changed nights on Tron: Uprising (to Sunday at midnight Eastern) and rarely ever ran repeat airings so if you missed an episode you missed it entirely.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    http://avatar.wikia.com/wiki/Avatar:...bender_toyline

i don't know how well it sold (it didn't help that i got into the show AFTER it had finished), but there was a two wave line (three waves in a few countries) by mattel. the sculpts look pretty solid and it looks like there's a decent amount of articulation. there appears to be a nice selection of characters (although the lack of a katara or toph is unforgivable). i remember there being a line for the movie, but as i recall it did about as well as the movie itself.

i haven't heard of korra getting a toyline yet. that could just be because it was originally planned as a 12 episode miniseries, rather than an ongoing show. things could change, but if there was one in the works i think we would have heard something by now.
    The two waves didn't sell well in the US, so the remaining figures, including Fire Lord Ozai, were sold in South America, much to the chagrin of some of us. The toys were made by ... wait for it ... Mattel! Hence why I've been trying to drum up an internet campaign for the past couple of years to have the AtLA line continued on MattyCollector. Anyone want to start buggin TG about it?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?