Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

here I thought those were episode titles.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I have to say I HATE the 4" figures. HORRIBLE articulation. Who ever decided to angle their hands the way they did should really get a pay cut.

The only reason to buy the figures is for the Hall of Justice. However, I will wait for clearance as they are 10.00 a figure?!?!?! ouch
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Quote Originally Posted by King Kahn View Post
    I have to say I HATE the 4" figures. HORRIBLE articulation. Who ever decided to angle their hands the way they did should really get a pay cut.

The only reason to buy the figures is for the Hall of Justice. However, I will wait for clearance as they are 10.00 a figure?!?!?! ouch
    To be honest, the Hall Of Justice was my main reason for wanting them as well, but with MOTUC, Voltron, & possibly Thundercats, I'm not sure it's even worth it. There are too many other lines I'm more interested in.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I actually like the new figures in part for their lack of articulation. They're kind of a throw back but with nice sculpting, and I'm not having a problem with their heads at all. Wrist articulation might have been nice, but that's as far as I'd liked it to have gone at this scale. What I don't like is the $9.99 price. They don't look much larger than Star Wars figures, but with so much less articulation, it seems like they should be cheaper by a buck at least. Despite that, I hope they do release Flash and the Cheshire/Ra's two pack (pushed back because it's a spoiler? Because the cat's out of that bag and Vandal Savage on the card back is even bigger). Also I hope they get around to Clarion the Witch Boy and Kid Flash as Dr. Fate. Aqualad and Superboy shouldn't be the only variants.

The sculpts are definitely what saves this figure line for me, though I really did think about dropping it because of the price. The funny thing is if they had wrist articulation I wouldn't really have any qualms. But the position of the hands are strange... almost as if they were sculpted with wrist articulation in mind that was then dropped. Otherwise it's kind of perplexing to figure out what they were thinking...

Snappy Threader
    I'm not a fan of the figures for that price, but Justice League was 9.99 at Target before they went on clearance. Too high for me.

AFT is having a marathon week of videos on the Young Justice line. They ask the designer of the Aqualad figure why his hands can't hold his sword well and why it's at an odd angle! You have to admire that he asks!

http://aftimes.com/2011/08/young-jus...views-aqualad/

New two pack revealed at AFT!

http://aftimes.com/2011/09/young-jus...tery-reveal-1/

I'm OVER THE MOON. I love both these figures. The costume on the mentor figure in particular is one of my favorite designs on YJ. Also, I really love how they captured the YJ member there.

Interesting news about the 2-packs as well... in the future they will include C&C pieces! The first C&C for the 2-packs will be revealed on Friday.

So, that means in 2012 we'll be adding the following figures to the 4'' line:

Chesire
    Rha's Al Ghul
    Green Lantern
    Superman
    Artemis
    Miss Martian
    Martian Manhunter

I also saw a differently colored Robin with green in his outfit in the SDCC photos. Not sure what that's about. Maybe another exclusive.
    Last edited by JonWes; September 7, 2011 at 12:12am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I LOVE both M'gann & J'onn but I'm not a fan of that look on Martian Manhunter at all.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I also saw a differently colored Robin with green in his outfit in the SDCC photos. Not sure what that's about. Maybe another exclusive.
    They mentioned some exclusives on Matty awhile back for both Walmart & ToysRus. I forget what they were since I wasn't planning on getting any of these(although I'm still tempted to for the Hall Of Justice).

JOIN THE GROUP...

AFT is having a marathon week of videos on the Young Justice line. They ask the designer of the Aqualad figure why his hands can't hold his sword well and why it's at an odd angle! You have to admire that he asks!

http://aftimes.com/2011/08/young-jus...views-aqualad/

New two pack revealed at AFT!

http://aftimes.com/2011/09/young-jus...tery-reveal-1/

I'm OVER THE MOON. I love both these figures. The costume on the mentor figure in particular is one of my favorite designs on YJ. Also, I really love how they captured the YJ member there.

Interesting news about the 2-packs as well... in the future they will include C&C pieces! The first C&C for the 2-packs will be revealed on Friday.

So, that means in 2012 we'll be adding the following figures to the 4'' line:

Chesire
    Rha's Al Ghul
    Green Lantern
    Superman
    Artemis
    Miss Martian
    Martian Manhunter

I wonder why they've announced Green Lantern and not Green Arrow, who is the mentor of two main characters for YJ. And Superboy in his standard costume is still MIA.

Superboy is his standard costume is in Wave 2. I've got him at home.

They showed Green Lantern at SDCC. My guess is that he's going to be (possibly along with Superman, possibly) a single-carded adult hero like Black Canary who doesn't have a direct mentee. I'm assuming Green Arrow will come in a two-pack with Artemis (or, it would be even cooler if he came with Red Arrow.)

Some pictures of the exclusives and Wave 2:

The complete 4'' collection (so far) - quite respectable for a line that's only been out a couple of months. I'm bummed that there are so few unique characters in Wave 3, but at least in January we'll be getting Flash, Chessire, Rha's Al Ghul, Miss Martian and Martian Manhunter. The only thing I'm sad about is that with Wave 1 all the pieces of the HOJ got fit together. This time you're left with some loose pieces until you get Wave 3.

Wal-Mart Exclusive Kid Flash. I love this figure! The transparency and the paint job are very cool.

Wal-Mart Exclusive Aqualad. Again, another cool variant. This was originally pictured as being in the 2-pack with Aquaman and I was sad when it didn't. I'm glad it got released in some form. Although if we were getting a shirtless figure I thought it'd be Superboy as he can never keep his shirt on.

Captain Atom - I think this highlights what's nice about less articulation. The smooth lines of the sculpt really help make this figure look nice, and his paint job plays off the light really well. His energy blast accessory is nice too.

I'm not a huge DC fan. I know next to nothing about Vandal Savage. I think he's a neanderthal made smart by that meteor he's holding or something? All I will say is that his figure is AWESOME. I love the bulk and presence of him. The shiny black gloves are great, and he grips the meteorite really well. It's hard to see, but he has scratches across his face. They are subtle and nicely done.

Superboy is kind of a let down. I like the character in the show and the expression is good... he just seems to have a really scrawny look overall. I think it might actually be his head sculpt. I think his jaw line just seems to wimpy compared to the square-jawed hero in the show. But he's grown on me... it doesn't stop me wishing that they might revisit the head sculpt in the future some day though.

Black Canary is my favorite figure in the wave. So many people deride the line as "Happy Meal toys" but the subtlety of expression and character and the little details here and there are top notch. To me, they are really a better representation of the characters than the 6'' figures. Even if they are basically mini statues compared to some action figures out there.

Just a note: The C&C for the 2-packs is Amazo:

http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/AMAZO_3.jpg
    Last edited by JonWes; September 9, 2011 at 11:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Just a note: The C&C for the 2-packs is Amazo:

http://aftimes.com/wp-content/uploads/AMAZO_3.jpg
    I'm liking the C&Cs of this line so far, but I wonder of if it's even going to help this line. Between the cartoon taking a 6 month hiatus after only 9 episodes(it's not Sopranos long but it still killed any momentum this show had) and the way the toys are so easy to find on store shelves compared to the Thundercats, I'm scared it isn't Infinite Heroes or Green Lantern movie toys all over again.

JOIN THE GROUP...

I must say, my store's had them for at least a month and I don't think we've sold a single one. Of the larger figures, we got three cases and sold all the Robins and are now stuck with three Artemises that aren't going anywhere. But the smaller figures are packed to capacity... the way they were the first day they went out there.

They sold through wave 1 of the 4'' and some of the 6'' at TRU. They JUST restocked with Wave 2 stuff. Target sold a good amount - at least a 1/3 of what they had. My local Wal-Mart is stuffed to the gills, but that's only because they just reset and added the leftovers from the the DC end cap to what must have been existing stock.

In any case, they haven't exactly flown off the shelves, but at the same time I don't think a ton of collector's are getting into the 4'' line. I like them (sculpts and costume design-wise especially), but I can totally understand why some wouldn't for the price and the articulation. To me, this is very much a line that is going to require kids getting into it.

And since the show has been off the air for for six months I can understand why it wouldn't exactly be "top of mind" for kids right now. I'm hoping once it comes back on the kids (and maybe some collectors) will make it more of a priority. I really want it to continue. I've never collected a DC line (in full... just a smattering here and there, though I did get a lot of DC Direct GL stuff) and I just think the designs on this show are fantastic. Am I terribly optimistic about the line given the way Mattel has gone about it? No.

The sad thing is, I think what they've done could have been more successful if the price point was dropped to $7/single $14/doubles.

I think the price point is killing it, $10 is just too much for a 4" figure with little to no articulation. Thundercats and Clone Wars are similar scales and go for $6-8.

They did sell well at TRU during the sale but that was because each one was basically $5
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Even though, much like Voltron Force's episode 14, the latest Young Justice episode was available on iTunes for a short time long before its television premiere, I saw it for the first time yesterday. I really liked it. While I still have some issues with unlikable characters(Superboy) and voice acting that is a little more subtle than I prefer(both Voltron Force & Thundercats are a lot better imo), I LOVE the look of this show along with all the attention to detail for fans of the DCU. This episode almost made me wish the show was Red Arrow and not Young Justice.

JOIN THE GROUP...

It was nice to have the show back, I think Fridays could have been perfect with Young Justice, Thundercats (fresh) and Clone Wars.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Wait, did a new episode air last night? My stupid DVR didn't record anything!

RE the toys, they aren't hanging around where I am. All I can find are the same dumb two Captain Atom and Kid Flash figures at Target. Walmart doesn't even stock them, but a lot of Thundercats stuff is there (don't know if it's moving, but it's never just a couple of lingering left overs like YJ at Target.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it online and watched. I liked Superboy in this and think he's getting a bum rap because of the forced angst with him and Red Arrow both. His connection to M'gann is good and I liked his whole solution to the superhero logo on the T-shirt (and then the irony that he would have blended in more if he'd left the shirt right-side out). Red Arrow was actually more annoying to me at first, but finally this episode made me like him again. At least Superboy's angst has been understandable, but Red Arrow's "you WILL take me seriously" fit-pitchery got old fast and I was glad it didn't lead to a cliche "I trust this supervillain more than you guys because HE takes me seriously" moment. I really liked that Red Arrow knew when to ask for help and chose to give his support to the team in the end. I also liked the foreshadowing of Cheshire and Red Arrow's banter, and that little Ar--chery slip.
    Last edited by gbagok; September 17, 2011 at 04:16pm.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Wait, did a new episode air last night? My stupid DVR didn't record anything!

RE the toys, they aren't hanging around where I am. All I can find are the same dumb two Captain Atom and Kid Flash figures at Target. Walmart doesn't even stock them, but a lot of Thundercats stuff is there (don't know if it's moving, but it's never just a couple of lingering left overs like YJ at Target.
    Come to where I live and you can have your pick, NOBODY wants the YJ toyline here. The only time they did was when TRU did a B1G1 and even then nobody wanted Kid Flash

I am aiming to get them on clearance because out there that is definitely where they are headed
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

While the new episode was decent enough, it didn't feel right for a "season premier." (Psst, because it really wasn't) Young Justice was hardly in it! This was like a "break episode" you put in after a big all-team story arc. Red Arrow's attitude was annoying, but he seemed to come around by the end. I loved the homages, Snapper Carr, Mal Duncan, Bumble Bee, Wendy and Marvin... but does this mean, now that characters like Mal and Bumble Bee can't be used as super heroes?

I liked J'Onn's suggestion that Superboy take on the last name "Kent" after the recently departed Kent Nelson (WINK!) and SB commenting "Shouldn't I be Conner Nelson?" I was pleasantly surprised that when J'Onn became John Jones, he was black!

All in all, it was a decent fill in episode.

I just watched the episode today. I enjoyed it but, Wonderboy notes, it didn't have the feel of a season premier. It was just another episode as if the show had been running non-stop. Still, I liked it.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I don't know if this show has gotten better or if it just grew on me during its 6 month hiatus. I really liked the last 2 episodes. I think I'm enjoying this show more than Thundercats.

I loved that this episode touched on plot points from the pilot, gave us a Riddler who proved he shouldn't be counted out, and Hugo "freaking" Strange. This show really is a love letter to fans of the DCU with its little Easter Eggs all over the place.

JOIN THE GROUP...

i just hope we get all the characters in 1/12 scale, because i have zero love for that 1/18 scale crap.
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

I liked it too, especially how Ice-a-kill Jr. was played. "Dude, that's your sister!" I know he was just a stooge for the good guys the whole episode, but I want them to rehabilitate him into a good guy. At the very least I hope it is used as leverage that he helped YJ, even though he was being used.

Hugo Strange was cool, although he kind of looked like Jim Rash's Dean Pelton from Community (he sported a goatee in the season premiere and I guess that did it).

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I liked it too, especially how Ice-a-kill Jr. was played. "Dude, that's your sister!" I know he was just a stooge for the good guys the whole episode, but I want them to rehabilitate him into a good guy. At the very least I hope it is used as leverage that he helped YJ, even though he was being used.
    I know it can be unpopular when villains become good guys(at least for some comic readers), but I was thinking the same thing while watching the episode. He was one of the first wave of Mattel's YJ toyline, so maybe he'll be seen more in the future.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I was pleasantly surprised that when J'Onn became John Jones, he was black!
    me too!! more proof that the MMA fighter IS Martian Manhunter!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure