Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Movie mayhem!
    The exclusive kid flash is VERY cool!

Did anyone see yesterday's episode? I usually rely on On Demand to watch it, but, for some reason, they have epsiode 12 as the most recent one.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    As a big Shazam fan i was glad to see the big red cheese

DVR was weird, it recorded Generator Rex instead of Batman Brave and the Bold. I have them both on season passes, yet it didn't record Batman even as a Rex episode. Sometimes I think they just want to screw with DVR users. Fortunately Young Justice came through and I liked it.

That was Rob Lowe voicing Captain Marvel! For some reason I thought it was Ian Somerhalder. And dang but Bruce Greenwood's Batman really does sound like Kevin Conroy's Batman. He's a big enough name that I hope they get him to be Batman in the movies at some point.

Anyway, I liked these last two episodes and how they tied together so closely. I liked how the characters dealt with the fall out of the betrayal since they were once again being kept in the dark. This is probably the best Robin has been in any TV show. I guess they all kind of made up a little too fast, but it was still good TV. Brain and Monsieur Mallah were effectively sinister villains, but when the heck is Vandal Savage going to show up?!
    Last edited by gbagok; October 9, 2011 at 03:27pm.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    It's nice to see Superboy and Ms. Martian developing. Superboy adopts strays...

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    DVR was weird, it recorded Generator Rex instead of Batman Brave and the Bold. I have them both on season passes, yet it didn't record Batman even as a Rex episode. Sometimes I think they just want to screw with DVR users. Fortunately Young Justice came through and I liked it.

That was Rob Lowe voicing Captain Marvel! For some reason I thought it was Ian Somerhalder. And dang but Bruce Greenwood's Batman really does sound like Kevin Conroy's Batman. He's a big enough name that I hope they get him to be Batman in the movies at some point.

Anyway, I liked these last two episodes and how they tied together so closely. I liked how the characters dealt with the fall out of the betrayal since they were once again being kept in the dark. This is probably the best Robin has been in any TV show. I guess they all kind of made up a little too fast, but it was still good TV. Brain and Monseigneur Mallah were effectively sinister villains, but when the heck is Vandal Savage going to show up?!
    Bruce Greenwood was Batman in The Red Hood movie.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Bruce Greenwood was Awesome as Batman in The Red Hood movie.
    Corrected.

My DVR did the same thing were I recorded Brave and the Bold but Generator Rex was recorded instead. Luckily I record Generator Rex and Brave and the Bold was there so I was good. This happens sometimes and it stinks.

The last 4 Young Justice episodes have been great from Red Arrow and Lex Luthor to Superboy and Megan going undercover, Robin and Artemis team up and Aqualad's leadership coming into question. This is one of the best animated shows on TV.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

It was nice to see Captain Marvel, Monsieur Mallah, & The Brain, but I wasn't that fond of this episode. It wasn't horrific, but it broke its post hiatus winning streak the show had going for me. This show really loses me when the characters act like moody jerks. This one had that in spades(please get rid of Superboy). I also didn't like Rob Lowe as the "big red cheese". Since Cap is a kid in an adult's body, they should have gone with a voice that wasn't so feminine in order to make the distinction greater imo. Lowe would have been better for Billy Batson.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 9, 2011 at 01:02pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Yeah, I noticed that too. I really like how they are developing him. I hope they will at some point have the reluctant father to unwanted son talk between him and Superman and it will not be as cliche as I suspect it will be. But I like that his reaction to feeling abandoned is to adopt the lost (not that Wolf seemed lost though).

Bruce Greenwood was Batman in The Red Hood movie.
    That he was. I mean in the live action movies they should get him since they are planning (they say) to reboot after TDKR.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 9, 2011 at 03:31pm.

That he was. I mean in the live action movies they should get him since they are planning (they say) to reboot after TDKR.
    He's 56 years old. Do you want him in a "Dark Knight Returns" or "Batman Beyond" type of role?

Cartoon Network Flipped Generator Rex and Batman Bold and the Brave. I have my DVR set up to record a few before and after so I caught the start of it.

I agree I felt they made up a bit too quick and it would have been nice if one was a bit more reluctant.

Another good episode

so spoilers***
    Luthor
    Savage
    Al Ghul
    Klarion
    not sure who the other two were

apparently I missed the Brain and it was Queen Bee and Ocean Master.

I did like all the brief shots of many new leagueers we hadn't seen before.
    Last edited by wyldman11; October 14, 2011 at 09:02pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    He's 56 years old. Do you want him in a "Dark Knight Returns" or "Batman Beyond" type of role?
    I'd want him for movies set in a time jump to a Tim Drake era Batman, yeah. But you think 56=Wayne in Batman Beyond? I know Hollywood is ageist, but come on, that's harsh.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 14, 2011 at 09:22pm.

I'd want him for movies set in a time jump to a Tim Drake era Batman, yeah. But you think 56=Wayne in Batman Beyond? I know Hollywood is ageist, but come on, that's harsh.
    He's an OLD looking 56...

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    so spoilers***
    Luthor
    Savage
    Al Ghul
    Klarion
    not sure who the other two were
    Is klarion the kid demon? Not sure who the others where either....and some of the ones in the' backup' in justice gang where new as well..

But is anyone else getting tired of all these new universes we are seeing? How many times can you reboot a movie franchise like batman before people just say, enough? The current one is pretty darn good..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

apparently I missed the Brain and it was Queen Bee and Ocean Master.
    Haven't seen it yet, but did it look like Orm in disguise or are they two characters in YJ?

He's an OLD looking 56...
    But not THAT old! I'm sure Hollywood agrees with you, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Is klarion the kid demon? Not sure who the others where either....and some of the ones in the' backup' in justice gang where new as well..

But is anyone else getting tired of all these new universes we are seeing? How many times can you reboot a movie franchise like batman before people just say, enough? The current one is pretty darn good..
    Yes, that is Klarion

Haven't seen it yet, but did it look like Orm in disguise or are they two characters in YJ?
    I am only basing that on what I found on IMDB, but looking it up Ocean Master in full costume. I almost mistook him for Blue Beetle (Jaime)
    Last edited by wyldman11; October 15, 2011 at 12:38pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

But not THAT old! I'm sure Hollywood agrees with you, but...
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...nces/bwold.jpg
    I think he could play Batman's accountant... He just doesn't look like a guy who ever could have been Batman.

I enjoyed the artistic take on the Joker from last episode. He just seemed cooler for some reason.

Just saw it. I didn't much like the designs for Atomic Skull or Count Vertigo. But I actually hated the Joker. The design and voice were just uninspired to me. I get wanting to be different from what has come before, but he felt generic. I liked the surprise bait and switch with the Light/Secret Society, even though I knew it was fake and would have just for the absence of R'as in the line up. I loved the Hall of Doom's appearance, and the look of Ocean Master but I wish Gorilla Grodd was part of the Light (no room with Monsieur Mallah already the token ape henchman?). Also by now I really want a teenaged character to become the new Dr. Fate.

I think he could play Batman's accountant... He just doesn't look like a guy who ever could have been Batman.
    I don't agree with you. But if I did, I'd still say it's good for Wayne not to look like he's Batman. It's more than looks that make a part work, but I think he has the look and the presence. Voice acting is different, but between his voice work and his live action performances, I know he's got it. I just doubt we'll ever see a Batman movie explore his later years with the grown up bat-family. We've had plenty of movies about Batman in his early years and in his prime, I think we could do with a set of movies about the later drama, death of Todd, passing the torch to Grayson and Drake, even the Red Hood and Damien Wayne plots. It looks like Batman will get rebooted every four movies now anyway, maybe less, so trying something different in the movies would be welcome.
    Last edited by gbagok; October 16, 2011 at 12:57am.

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Yesterday's episode was back on par with the pilot. Anyone that has been disenchanted with the series lately should be snapped right back into fanboy heaven....

The Hall of Doom was excellent, and I really liked the Dr. Fate bit even if it was a little "Deus Ex". The cameos by the Leaguers fighting the plat monsters all over the globe was really well done too.

I was indifferent towards this Joker.

I really liked this episode. It was like a Who's Who of the DCU. Some of my favorites showed up like Blue Devil, Guy Gardner, and I think I even saw Icon catching the school bus. It's a shame that the toyline seems to be DOA since it could easily go as long as JLU did with the way the show keeps featuring so many heroes & villains of the DCU.

I was indifferent towards this Joker.
    So was I, but I usually feel that way about the Joker. I get it. He's scrawny, crazy, & laughs a lot, but is somehow able to hold his own in a fight. I still have never understood why he's Batman's archnemesis. I feel Two-Face is a better villain. He's similar to Batman as well. As a former DA, he's intelligent. Also, like Batman, he changed after a tragedy. He just happened to go to the opposite extreme.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; October 16, 2011 at 11:04am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    In the scenes of the JL stopping the plant spores, in Star City, there was a purple-lit girl saving people from the bridge and a black superhero in a mask catching a helicopter. Who were these two?

I thought the girl might have been Pryzym or Faith - she didn't look Sapphire-y enough, but for the guy - who was he?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    In the scenes of the JL stopping the plant spores, in Star City, there was a purple-lit girl saving people from the bridge and a black superhero in a mask catching a helicopter. Who were these two?
    I'm not positive about either of them, but I thought the girl was Star Sapphire and the guy was Icon...

JOIN THE GROUP...

and a black superhero in a mask catching a helicopter. but for the guy - who was he?
    Black Lightning?

I have no problem with Brent Spiner playing the Joker, he did an alright job. A part of me wishes it was John DiMaggio since Greenwood was first Batman and Under the Red Hood and ol' Bender was really good as the Joker.

I thought the girl might have been Pryzym or Faith - she didn't look Sapphire-y enough, but for the guy - who was he?
    In a nice homage to Dwayne McDuffie it was Milestone's Icon and his sidekick Rocket. With characters like Kaitlin Fairchild and Grifter making it into the mainstream DCU why not some of the Milestone characters.

Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; October 16, 2011 at 02:33pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…