Page 12 of 30 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Oh, OK Thanks!- - I felt really stupid because I'm usually pretty good at ID'ing mainstream DC, so I couldn't figure out who these two were...I'm not familiar with Icon & Rocket - at least it wasn't an obvious DC character that I was blanking on.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'd say technically the only mainstream Milestone character is Static. But hey, with the New 52 you never know who is gonna show up.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Xombi had a new title out before the relaunch I heard decent things about it. But yeah it would have needed another year for recognition.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I was disappointed that they made a big point in saying all of the League needed to be seen fighting the plants, and there was no appearance of Wonder Woman - and it looks like they didn't use any of her villains either.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

That is an interesting omission. In fact has she even made an appearance yet? And wonder if it has to do with Warner's weird way of doing things, like they were trying to get her a live action series and didn't want to cross polinate.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Wonder Woman has only been in the premier 2 parter. That's it so far. I'm hoping we get to see more of her as the League wouldn't be complete without her.
    Until now.

In Young Justice Cyborg has replaced Wonder Woman instead of Martian Manhunter.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The latest episodes have been just amazing! This series is really shaping up to be great.

I do wonder what the last episode means for Miss Martian . . .

Wonder Woman made an appearance in the last episode!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

Was there an episode last week? If so, my DVR didn't record it. The last one I saw was the Red Family one, then nothing, then last night's which was INTENSE by the way!

I was puzzled by the female character suiting up with Red Arrow and Zatanna. Who was she? That's what makes me think I missed an episode.

Last week Zatanna was 'kidnapped' by the team. Or was that the week before. last week I think there were no new episodes.

Yeah last week there was no new episode
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Okay, cool. But does anyone know who the girl with Zatanna and Roy was?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I was disappointed that they made a big point in saying all of the League needed to be seen fighting the plants, and there was no appearance of Wonder Woman - and it looks like they didn't use any of her villains either.
    It really does seem like they have something against Wonder Woman as she is left alot. From the beginning I was shocked that they chose Miss Martian and Artamis, who are they again, and not someone like Wonder Girl who has yet to be on a show. If they had then Wonder Woman would have been featured more in the show. DC and WB underestimate Wonder Woman, she should have her own cartoon and it should have had a film before Green Lantern.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    It really does seem like they have something against Wonder Woman as she is left alot. From the beginning I was shocked that they chose Miss Martian and Artamis, who are they again, and not someone like Wonder Girl who has yet to be on a show. If they had then Wonder Woman would have been featured more in the show. DC and WB underestimate Wonder Woman, she should have her own cartoon and it should have had a film before Green Lantern.
    It isn't DC's fault. The WB is afraid of female protagonists because of Catwoman flopping hard, Wonder Woman's cartoon movie not making so much money fast enough and the WW pilot failing. Although Superman/Batman Apocalypse was a Supergirl story, the cover downplayed Supergirl because WB thinks that female heroes don't sell.

It's not only female heroes, but ANY hero. Green Lantern only got another DC animated film because of the movie. WB thinks that the only movies that will sell are Superman, Batman, Superman/Batman, and Justice League films. It is feared that Green Lantern failing at the box office will make WB even more afraid to bring other heroes to the big screen.

As for WW in Young Justice, I'll bet it might have been the remnants of some sort of embargo. Wonder Woman was about to receive her own live-action show but the pilot didn't do well with critics. Maybe the animators were able to animate her in small cameos, but she couldn't have any speaking parts or meaty roles.

I do wish that Bruce Timm and company would have given a Wonder Woman animated series a go before moving onto Justice League.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

The rights to the Big Three are murky. The producers have said that they couldn't use Wonder Girl in the beginning, but now they can and will.

It isn't just the big three. Plastic Man couldn't be used during Justice League Unlimited. And for some reason I recall it was the situation with others.

Captain Marvel can be known as that but any media has to be titled SHAZAM.

Superboy couldn't be used around the time of the Legion of Superheroes and is part of the reason he is called Superman throughout.

Warner and DC is also notorious for not liking to use characters in television form more than one at a time. This was why Teen Titans and Justice League didn't have any cross polination. Largely because they think people are stupid and will mix up the versions.

Simply put copyrights are often held by various groups and sometimes when a show is being made they are locked out from other medium because of the deal that was made with the studio doing the project.

Warner has nothing against Wonder Woman, as was said they wanted to use Wonder Girl but her rights were tied up at the time, but have been cleared up. They also replaced her with a lesser known (but amalgamated character) and a newer character in attempts to increased awareness of them.

I read at the beginning of the series there were plans to have Wonder Girl in later episodes. It was really nice to see Wonder Woman on Firday's episode. It was a very different episode from the previous ones in tone and gravity. It was really nice that everyone, no matter how many times he corrected them, called Conner Superman.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    Oh not the answer you want, I have no clue as I was wondering the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    Everyone noticed that Wonder Woman was shown in this week's episode, right? Whatever was keeping her MIA for a while (live action show and/or whatever), it appears to be done now.
    Last edited by gbagok; November 6, 2011 at 05:12pm.

I may be thinking of the wrong person but it may have been Rocket. I'll have to check the DVR.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I may be thinking of the wrong person but it may have been Rocket. I'll have to check the DVR.
    No she was white. I'll rewatch it, but I think I remember her putting on a kind of drab green outfit.

What I am starting to suspect is they pulled a little switcheroo with some episodes and she hasn't been formally introduced yet. That happened with Jem, where in one episode Kimber tells Jerrica she has a meeting with Regine to go over costume designs, but Regine wasn't introduced until a later episode.

The rights to the Big Three are murky. The producers have said that they couldn't use Wonder Girl in the beginning, but now they can and will.
    I hope it's Donna & not Cassie.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Everyone noticed that Wonder Woman was shown in this week's episode, right? Whatever was keeping her MIA for a while (live action show and/or whatever), it appears to be done now.
    I did see the new episode and was very excited to see Wonder Woman.

I'm glad to hear they have the rights to Wonder Girl, I hope they replace Artamis with her and Miss Martian with Zatanna. I really don't like the 4th string females on the show.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

No she was white. I'll rewatch it, but I think I remember her putting on a kind of drab green outfit.

What I am starting to suspect is they pulled a little switcheroo with some episodes and she hasn't been formally introduced yet. That happened with Jem, where in one episode Kimber tells Jerrica she has a meeting with Regine to go over costume designs, but Regine wasn't introduced until a later episode.
    Yeah, I'll have to rewatch it. Without a pic my guess is useless.
    Until now.

Just watched tonight's episode. I think it was played out of order, but it was a good episode, liked seeing a character from the original comic! I hope Zatanna becomes a full team member.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me