Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Well except Batman wasn't saying CM needed to leave. He actually argued in Cap's favor. I know that it reveals a lack of trust but the rest of the league putting him on trial the way they did was, frankly, worse. I know Batman gets a little too much favoritism by writers and fans, but I think he or someone does need to be there to check the egos of the league. I agree with bringing back the bat family to make that work, but that would have to come later for this show given how young Grayson is. I thought Martian Manhunter was supposed to be the league's conscience though, but he was too silent in the debates.
    Never said Batman was arguing that, I was just pointing out the irony that the rest of the league was debating one member lying when one of their premiere members basically had a super secret on all of them. Although I am sure Batman would just say "you never asked, I hide nothing"

I do have to say though, the league meeting the way it did brought a sort of real nature into the ordeal. I have been in a lot of corp and business style private meetings that were just like that over the past 20 years. It was kind of refreshing to see that even the mighty heroes could be just as petty and biased in what is essentially a superhero defense corporation.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Well except Batman wasn't saying CM needed to leave. He actually argued in Cap's favor. I know that it reveals a lack of trust but the rest of the league putting him on trial the way they did was, frankly, worse. I know Batman gets a little too much favoritism by writers and fans, but I think he or someone does need to be there to check the egos of the league. I agree with bringing back the bat family to make that work, but that would have to come later for this show given how young Grayson is. I thought Martian Manhunter was supposed to be the league's conscience though, but he was too silent in the debates.
    In JLU, Green Arrow played the all important role of "reality checker" for the League; it's too bad he's not taking the same role here. It was interesting to see the League debating like this, and seeing a little pettiness showing up here and there. Made the whole thing seems very real, and something we haven't seen a lot of before. But it was a cheat that we didn't see (and may never know) who was let in and who wasn't, unless we see them pop up in an episode.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    It seemed to me that we would get to see the results of the JLA's voting in the next episode or over the next few episodes.

Ever since the short scene of Bruce telling Clark he was Superboy's/Conner's father-figure and needed to talk with & help Superboy, I've been waiting for a focused Superman and Superboy episode. Basically Superman saying 'mea culpa' and apologizing for not being there for Superboy early on and setting their relationship on the right course. Fitting events for such an episode would be Superman taking Superboy to the Fortress of Solitude, show him some of Krypton, giving Superboy access, and maybe eve begin working with Superboy on developing his powers. Certainly their should be technology within the Fortress of Solitude that can analyze Kryptonian DNA and ferret out anything implanted or imprinted on Superboy by Cadmus under Luthor's direction.

I like this show a lot, but Kryptonians are real "richards" on it. This is especially surprising with Clark since he's(or at least was Pre-Flashpoint) the nicest hero in the DCU.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Match is in the comics too. He kept taking Superboy's place and causing a lot of trouble. Eventually he turned albino or something, but I think they'll do other things with him in the show since Conner is so much more serious here. Superboy is my favorite character (although Kid Flash is gaining on him), but I have a feeling he is going to die because of the traps Lex is setting for him (maybe he'll be replaced by Match like Data with B4 in Star Trek?). I really don't believe Lex about the human DNA being the cause for Conner's inability to fly--particularly since he claims the shields are only suppressing the human DNA. If the ability to fly is in there at all, I think he can access it without magic shields. More likely Lex put inhibitors into his makeup that can be removed. Who knows if we'll ever get to that however.

I can't say I much liked the league members in this episode. I mean it was what it was, imperfect people are always more interesting to watch, but they got a little self righteous and hard to take after a while. If anything their best reason for judging who should and shouldn't become members was all about which new recruits could handle this kind of dirty laundry being hauled out for all to see. It's not nice seeing your heroes being "wrong." Superman liking heroes he thinks are Kryptonian (and yeah, irony big time at how he treats Superboy), Wonder Woman insinuating (incorrect) motives for Batman's recruitment of Robin, Aquaman accusing Red Arrow of disrespect with no consideration for Arrow's feeling that he was disrespected, the girls vs the boys, etc. In my opinion it gave them all a stink. I need to see a repeating loop of Batman in the last movie saying "then you're all damned fools" over and over again.

I remember the Match storyline. It is really cool that they used that from the comic. I'm with you, Superboy is my favorite character. In may ways he is like Clark at that age, the only thing is while Clark had Jonathan and Martha to form a loving environment Conner only has other heroes and they expect more out of Superboy. Where Clark was able to grow up Conner has responsiblities now. When he and Megan went to high school and Conner answered questions in class you could tell he didn't think of himself as human. I always got the impression that, even though he was fully aware of his heritage, being raised as a human Superman thought of himself as human to a degree. Hopefully Superman can get past his hang ups about Conner, probably the Luthor part, and the two of them can grow closer. He was ready to only see the good in Supergirl, maybe he can do the same with Superboy.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    It seemed to me that we would get to see the results of the JLA's voting in the next episode or over the next few episodes.

Ever since the short scene of Bruce telling Clark he was Superboy's/Conner's father-figure and needed to talk with & help Superboy, I've been waiting for a focused Superman and Superboy episode. Basically Superman saying 'mea culpa' and apologizing for not being there for Superboy early on and setting their relationship on the right course. Fitting events for such an episode would be Superman taking Superboy to the Fortress of Solitude, show him some of Krypton, giving Superboy access, and maybe eve begin working with Superboy on developing his powers. Certainly their should be technology within the Fortress of Solitude that can analyze Kryptonian DNA and ferret out anything implanted or imprinted on Superboy by Cadmus under Luthor's direction.
    I agree with you here. I've been waiting for such an episode myself. It's time for Superman to stop this attitude toward Superboy and just accept him. Superboy certainly is making the effort. And now that Luthor has added "complications" to the picture, it would be perfect to see things could go.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I liked the Tardis at the start of the episode.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Young Justice has failed at retail. The show continues, but the toyline has died before a 6" Ms. Martian could come out.

Yup, like $10 for 5 POA was a good idea.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Young Justice has failed at retail. The show continues, but the toyline has died before a 6" Ms. Martian could come out.

well, those smaller scale figs just weren't that great and the 6" figs were too expensive (since they added the big accessory). i'm not really surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

Has Mattel officially called it quits with it? I'm not surprised. Not only did I never see the Walmart exclusives, I didn't see any of the regular releases at any Walmart either. I'm still tempted to get all of the 4" so I can make the Hall Of Justice. So far, SDCC Superboy is all I have.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    Has Mattel officially called it quits with it? I'm not surprised. Not only did I never see the Walmart exclusives, I didn't see any of the regular releases at any Walmart either. I'm still tempted to get all of the 4" so I can make the Hall Of Justice. So far, SDCC Superboy is all I have.
    Yes. They confirmed this today on their DCUC at Retail Ask Matty.

Miss Martian, Lex Luthor, and Ra's Al Ghul...

Are looong overdue in the Young Justice 6" line.

Unfortunately, as you've probably noticed at Target, Young Justice didn't work out well at retail and will be going away. We're disappointed, but that's how it can turn out. That doesn't mean you might not see more one day on Matty.

MJL
    You stated that the 4" scale isn't sell well and will be canceled. But what about the 6" scale?

Yes, all of Young Justice. I realize that this will upset many of you. Sorry!

MJL

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    That's rather disappointing, the 6" figures looked better than the 4" -- I was hoping for a decent Captain Marvel figure to come along.

Of course it would have helped if the show hadn't all but disappeared from the airwaves between the last set of new episodes and the current one. Cartoon Network should have been running repeats on the weekends at least, you can't people actively interested if the product isn't available.

Has Aqualad become the Chuck Cunningham of the DCU? He hasn't been featured on this show much recently and completely disappeared from DC Comics after a big build up during Brightest Day.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Just caught up on the last 5 toon episodes today. Still think this is an awesome cartoon series and I put it squarely in my top 3 DC toons (in this order)

1. Teen Titans
    2. Legion of Superheroes
    3. Young Justice

which also happens to be the ONLY 3 DC toons I like
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

The animated Teen Titans at number one? Wew, we're very different in our tastes! But I do share your appreciation for this show and LoSH. I'm still annoyed we never saw organic Brainiac 5 in action. I miss him and Lightning Lad the most.

I liked the newest episode. Good spotlight on Robin, who honestly does seem like the natural leader of the group. I hope we don't see a lot more of these drug-metaphor shields for Superboy. I mean I want the pay off to that story thread to come sooner than later. I loved seeing Roy on the team--although he was won over a little too much. "There is no mole"?!?!? Crud, they're ALL moles! Okay, not Richard and Wally. This is the first time I felt like they were particularly close too, which was nice.

Has Aqualad become the Chuck Cunningham of the DCU? He hasn't been featured on this show much recently and completely disappeared from DC Comics after a big build up during Brightest Day.
    That's interesting. I haven't missed him on the show. I was looking forward to the Black Manta connection, but by now that'll just feel like a variation of the same stuff Superboy and Artemis are going through. Maybe the league offered him membership and he's thinking it over while he's away. Oddly he's the only character I wouldn't have cared about losing if he'd been stuck as Dr. Fate, but only because he was the least interesting host. Non-believer Wally as Dr. Fate is still the pairing I think would be fun to see repeat.

I agree about the Superboy patches. I don't like the idea of them in general, but I hope we don't have to watch him slap one on multiple times an episode now.

Hopefully the cancellation of the Young Justice toyline has less to do with the cartoon's future than a cartoon not supported by an entire line of comics(like Thundercats or He-Man). I'm really starting to love this show and would hate for it to die so soon.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Warrior

Here he is http://video.comicbookresources.com/...ustice-powers/

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Bummer about the toy line getting cancelled. I really liked the 6" figures. Now we won't be able to complete the core team. That sucks.

I really enjoyed this episode. I agree about the patches Superboy is using. I'm interested to see what they lead to, but hope it doesn't take long to get there. I also had the exact same thought when Red Arrow said "There is no mole!" My thought was "Really? Just like that you've changed your mind?" *shrug* Ah well, not so big a deal I guess.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Bummer about the toy line getting cancelled. I really liked the 6" figures. Now we won't be able to complete the core team. That sucks.
    I think TG should rethink the way he plans toylines. Just get everyone major out first! Then focus on secondary characters. Don't try to keep the toyline going forever.

I really enjoyed this episode. I agree about the patches Superboy is using. I'm interested to see what they lead to, but hope it doesn't take long to get there. I also had the exact same thought when Red Arrow said "There is no mole!" My thought was "Really? Just like that you've changed your mind?" *shrug* Ah well, not so big a deal I guess.
    Maybe Red is trying to lull the spy into a false sense of security, now that he officially isn't looking anymore.

Did anyone else catch that Ms. Martian seemed a little "off" this episode? She seemed...I dunno...meaner than her normal cheerful, bubbly self.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; April 9, 2012 at 01:05pm.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Of course it would have helped if the show hadn't all but disappeared from the airwaves between the last set of new episodes and the current one. Cartoon Network should have been running repeats on the weekends at least, you can't people actively interested if the product isn't available.
    A disturbing pattern with CN properties of late, regardless of who is making the toys.

But Mattel bears the brunt of the blame. Figures with five points of articulation made them little better than Happy Meal toys, and many, like Superboy, wound up being significantly off model thanks to cost cutting. And whoever designed the packaging to hide the major reason for the $10 price tag, namely the HOJ piece, should not be working in that capacity. All any parent saw was a small, unimpressive figure that wasn't close to being worth 10 bucks. The HOJ was a bold idea, but they needed to SHOW you what you were getting. Adding in a bunch of repaints of the same characters required to complete the Hall, and you had the usual bad marketing from Mattel.

I don't know when Mattel is going to get it through their heads that they can't make dollar store toys and then charge more for them than Hasbro is charging for far better figures. Marvel universe seems to be doing fine just feeding off the various Marvel media, even with the figures that aren't in the movies (Iron Man tends to back up more than anyone; go figure). But they are toys in the same scale as YJ, just far more worth the money when you see them in the package.

Mattel needs to look at it's entire business model concerning the DC license; they simply count on the DC name to sell the toys, and figure they can make any piece of junk and people will buy it. That's not how it's working. The only line to last 20 waves is the one they are constantly whining about as far as cost go. You want to make money, you have to spend some money and put out decent product, not something that could have been released 15-20 years ago.

Looks like I'll have a bookcase shelf free for the new Turtles when they come out; the YJ stuff is sadly getting moved to a smaller display area...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

On the brighter side the show is doing great in the ratings and we at least have another season so it will get to 52 eps
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    On the brighter side the show is doing great in the ratings and we at least have another season so it will get to 52 eps
    Well that's a relief. I can't wait to see more episodes like the one 2 weeks ago that focused on the Justice League and their views of themselves and of the Young Justice group. Still waiting for some closure.

Does it seem that Superboy is addicted to the Super-Patch?
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Awesome news indeed as this is probably my fave cartoon that is currently being shown
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Awesome news indeed as this is probably my fave cartoon that is currently being shown
    It is for me, too. But, if a new Teen Titans or Legion of Superheroes show hits TV Young Justice better watch out!
    Until now.

You mean a TT show like the one that already aired? It's funny that the YJ show is more like the Teen Titans comic in the old days at least for its tone, and the TT cartoon was more like the tone of the YJ comic book. I'd rather they not continue to represent TT like the last show however. If the production team for this show were to take on either Teen Titans or Legion of Super Heroes I would be giddy as a school girl!