Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wow. **** got real this episode.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow. **** got real this episode.
    Yeah in addition to the events in the ep, between this and Thundercats it was super drama Saturday
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

For once Jim Lee didn't create the worst costume design for a character. I'll take his belly shirt Huntress over the costume shown in this episode.

Otherwise it was pretty good.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Artemis's mother isn't based on the Helena Wayne (Silver Age)/Helena Bertinelle (Modern) Huntress, but rather the Golden Age supervillainess Paula Brooks{the character's husband, the Sportsmaster, is also a Golden Age villain}.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Brooks

I really like that the crew working on YOUNG JUSTICE is bringing in all these characters that haven't been seen much in comics over the last decade or so.

I am so mad that the Young Justice toyline ended. I'd have loved it if there was an Icon & Rocket 2-pack. I've always been a big Milestone fan and Icon was my favorite character from that line of books.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    Artemis's mother isn't based on the Helena Wayne (Silver Age)/Helena Bertinelle (Modern) Huntress, but rather the Golden Age supervillainess Paula Brooks{the character's husband, the Sportsmaster, is also a Golden Age villain}.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paula_Brooks
    I feel dumb. I love the JSA, but I'm definitely not a Golden Age expert. I didn't even know that there was a GA version of Huntress. To be honest, I don't know much about the Sportsmaster either. Thanks for the info.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I feel dumb. I love the JSA, but I'm definitely not a Golden Age expert. I didn't even know that there was a GA version of Huntress. To be honest, I don't know much about the Sportsmaster either. Thanks for the info.
    im in the same boat. im not as big a dc fan as a marvel fan so more than a few of these characters are unknown to me - those two included.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I wouldn't feel bad, it wasn't until we saw the picture of Huntress in costume that I figured out she was the Golden Age villainess rather than a version of the Bertinelli-Huntress. Considering that Bertinelli-Huntress has come close to crossing the line a time or two it's really not a bad guess to think that this Earth's version could have turned to outright villainy at some point.

In reading a bit of Paula Brooks-Huntress bio I'm rather suprised that everyone (well it seemed like pretty much everyone) found Artemis such a big mystery before the show premiered. It seems that Brooks-Huntress and the Sportsmaster were married sometime during the Silver Age, and their daughter Artemis Crock was introduced in the 80s. Apparently all three Crocks appear in the Batman: The Brave and The Bold episode #30 "Aquaman's Outrageous Adventure" (aired January 2010, a year before YJ began its first season).
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; April 15, 2012 at 04:06am.

I've never watched Batman: The Brave And The Bold outside of a clip or 2(I'm sure I'd like it, but I just never found the time to start watching it) and when I first heard that there would be an archer named Artemis, I immediately thought it was a new take on the character who briefly took over for Wonder Woman.

JOIN THE GROUP...

This show is amazing. It's as good as Justice League/JLU hidden under a younger group of heroes. I think I also found a loophole to display both DCUC and YJ Red Arrows together.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    This show is amazing. It's as good as Justice League/JLU hidden under a younger group of heroes. I think I also found a loophole to display both DCUC and YJ Red Arrows together.
    Agreed. Young Justice started out slow but after viewing today's episode, I feel it is a nice alternative to JL/JLU as you said. The Green Lantern animated series is growing on me too.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread

Not only are the costumes in this show closer to the pre-Flashpoint DCU, it looks like the "real" Red Arrow is too(at least when it comes to the number of arms).

I like this show a lot. Not only is it better than Thundercats(the only other Cartoon Network show I watch other than DC Nation), it's better than practically all of the comics DC is currently publishing.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; April 21, 2012 at 11:13pm.

JOIN THE GROUP...

The newest episode was great, but I am SO looking forward to next weeks!!

It really has become one of the top cartoons on tv right now. The story telling and action have be one top notch. I actually want to watch it each week!

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

That was pretty sweet--but now CN has botched the chance to hype a new season starting with all those new characters. This episode should have been hype up more too because we had the kids vs the adults. Robin vs Batman! You don't get to see that on just any TV show.

I didn't expect Red Arrow to actually be not...well, not Roy! And the real Speedy is missing an arm! I forget if Arsenol lost an arm or not in the comics, but wow. The Light is not finished, but I wonder how their "phase 2" will work if the Justice League isn't under their control. I'm guessing they intend to turn the Earth against the heroes next.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_pScx8BN4h3s/SxADYkO0wCI/AAAAAAAAGG8/rSSjq4MaOTM/s1600/coj+5-08.jpg
    He and Aquaman need to start a "DC took my limb because the @#$* writers didn't know what else to do with me" club.

Epic trailer

That's going to happen to Man-At-Arms with James Robinson writing. Watch.

I believe next week is the first episode of the second season. We go from a hiatus worthy of The Sopranos to only 7 days between seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    That's going to happen to Man-At-Arms with James Robinson writing. Watch.
    Forget Robinson, that's probably going to happen in one of the bios if he isn't outright killed.

JOIN THE GROUP...

forgot about bat and super girl.....surprised they didn't use 'em from the start but glad..
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

It's going to be nice to see Cassie in Animation. Maybe we'll see some more Diana and Amazon/WW stuff in the process.

The league members that went missing for those unaccounted hours were the original cast of the Justice League cartoon before JLU. That was a nice touch.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    The league members that went missing for those unaccounted hours were the original cast of the Justice League cartoon before JLU. That was a nice touch.
    I caught that - as close as it could be to JLU since Wally's still Kid Flash here.

I liked how the season wrapped up. I just find it hilarious that we had that huge hiatus in the middle of the season, and now we're running headlong into Season 2 without a break.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    Last episode was definetely epic. I only wished it would have lasted 2 episodes, since the resolution of the cure chip was quite fast and quite Deus Ex-Machina.
    It have been years since I said "Wow, yeah!" alone in front of the TV but I did it at the Batman vs Robin scene. Connor vs Supes was great also.

It seems that some years have passed by and everything in the team look older. If Batgirl is Barbara, she looked very young at the episode in which her and **** are shown at school.

I was thinking Stratos actually
    The point was to keep it from the viewer and to be a, cheer for the heroes. If they would have shown them getting a cure, the implication with Vandall Savage is he was expecting them to do just that. I am sure many were expecting either when Canary opened her eyes she fought them back, or Canary was Megan in disguise and Red Tornado was in another body and they were going to try an assault there. Then they showed the whole team infiltrating the Watchtower.

The team of Young Justice has been shown rushing in and not fully playing the game of chess their opponents have been and end up only winning by luck or a deus ex in the first place. This showed that a as team they went in with a strong plan, but as I said if we saw them getting the cure and us knowing it was Vandall Savage when it was revealed to him he would have said just as I expected you would and used Starro 2.0.

This just allowed them to do something off screen and would have decreased the dramatic tension. The tension being oh they thought they had a plan, but it failed how they are going to get by this time like what typically happens.

It wasn't bad storytelling, just a different way then is normally used. I am of the opinion too much is shown on screen anymore, and it ruins viewer surprise when something happens. The scene was designed to end up showing how the team has grown and to catch the viewer off guard also.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

My dvr didn't record it today. Did it air or not? I'm supposed to review it for sciencefiction.com! Please tell me it was a repeat! Does anyone know when episode become available on iTunes? The Auld Aquaintance episode from last week says it was released on the same day but Invasion isn't listed. Is there a certain time when they update?

Wonderboy, same for me. It showed 'coming on next' after thundercats, but I went out figuring the DVR would record it.. did anyone get it?

Also, for some reason Auld Acquaintance works fine on my Tivo, but Tivo to go refuses to download it for some reason
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV