Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Hey all, it's Called Young Justice Invasion now, so it needs a new timer set.

I figured that out this morning, too bad none of my cable channels are coming in, thank you dish network.

You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

Break a leg, break 'em both

Don't Cleopatronize me

They need to say that during the show, I saw last week it wasn't going to record and thought it was just an off day. I should have looked, but that is just stupid.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    My dvr didn't record it today. Did it air or not? I'm supposed to review it for sciencefiction.com! Please tell me it was a repeat! Does anyone know when episode become available on iTunes? The Auld Aquaintance episode from last week says it was released on the same day but Invasion isn't listed. Is there a certain time when they update?
    I had the same problem. It was a new episode. They changed the show name to Young Justice: Invasion and that is why your DVR did not record it. You'll need to reprogram it. I had to do that with my TiVo. It will air again tomorrow, so if you program it today you'll be able to record it.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Are you kidding me?! That is absolutely asinine!

it looks like it'll repeat tommorow.. lucky us . I think this is further proof WB has no idea what it's doing.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I swear the do stupid stuff like this just so they can say the ratings went up the second episode.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I usually go select things to record the night before, to ensure there are no problems.

The five years later jump was jarring...
    • I guess Nabu is still in control of Fate
    • Miss Martian goes with Lagoon Boy now, but her and Superboy are still nice to each other!
    • Richard Grayson grew up into Nightwing, and the Tim Drake Robin is on the team
    • Zatanna and Rocket are League Members, but Superboy, Miss Martian and Nightwing are still YJ.
    • Lots of new members--at least 20, based on the computer designation number.
    • Batgirl and Wonder Girl versus Lobo was awesome. John DiMaggio reprised his role from Justice League
    • They used the Bruce Timm Justice League logo on G. Gordon Godfrey's show
    • Artemis, Aqualad and Kid Flash haven't been spotted yet.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Wow

Really enjoyed the 5 year jump. I liked how different Tim was than ****. I'm sure we'll get flashback moments where we find out what happened the last 5 years. I think the door is open for Jason Todd to have existed in the 5 year gap as well. Plus there's the mystery of Red Arrow and Speedy.

Wow, I cannot say I like that they have fast forwarded over five years. In fact right now, I kind of hate it. I wanted to meet these new characters as they joined, not in a big info dump as if it's a new show (and it basically is I guess with the title change and the toys going away). At the moment, I feel robbed of a lot of times with these characters. No wonder the toys went away, they no longer represent the look of the characters and would require new bucks for a lot of the newer guys.

So are Superboy, Nightwing, and Miss Martian the only remaining YJ characters who aren't now part of the JL? Why does Tim Drake sound older than Nightwing? Is Wally now the Flash? What happened with him and Artemis or her and her family? What the heck happened to Roy and Red Arrow?! That was huge, I'm really most angry that THAT has been skipped over or left in limbo all this time. I get dramatically leaving us waiting for answers, but five freaking years honestly too big of a jump for me. It feels like the show was cancelled and this is some follow up mini series five years later. Miss Martian and Superboy splitting up kind of captures it. I mean seeing Wondergirl, I know that's who Conner is supposed to end up with, but I was invested enough in M'gann to want a proper parting of the ways for them at least. This feels like a slap in the face for being so dumb as to have any investment in them like "oh, that's soooooo last season!" After waiting a season for Wally and Artemis to hook up, I'm afraid now that they'll be bitter miserable exes or rogues or even dead. Yech. The only thing I didn't mind about this was not seeing Aqualad. I don't know if this is good for the show either, I'm getting the same sense of dread I had when the Legion of Super Heroes jumped over so much time for its second season.

it was 5 years in the show. it's only been 1 week for you.

You weren't robbed. They're going to fill in the gaps. They purposely did all that to make you wonder what happened. They're not erasing the last 5 years, they're building on it. If there's one thing I learned from season one, it's that they're great at story telling and don't waste what happens in any of the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    but

her
    and

Superboy
    are still nice to each other!
    That's not how I saw it at all.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

At first I got that feeling...

...when we first see Young Justice return from it's mission, but on the Watchtower they seemed to act "professionally" while on the same team, despite being apart. However, it was such as small part.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    it was 5 years in the show. it's only been 1 week for you.
    That was kind of my point.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    You weren't robbed. They're going to fill in the gaps. They purposely did all that to make you wonder what happened. They're not erasing the last 5 years, they're building on it. If there's one thing I learned from season one, it's that they're great at story telling and don't waste what happens in any of the episodes.
    I understand the dramatic effect and that it was on purpose, but I still didn't like it. I didn't say they'd erased the history, but they aren't letting us experience it as it happened which creates a distance that hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Superboy didn't look happy, but he wasn't a ball of rage like I guess I would have expected. Still, five years is a lot to gloss over. Maybe he did get mad at first and punched off Wally's head three years back.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    If there's one thing I learned from season one, it's that they're great at story telling and don't waste what happens in any of the episodes.
    If there's one thing that YJ excels at that most other recent toons don't, it's this.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That was kind of my point.

I understand the dramatic effect and that it was on purpose, but I still didn't like it. I didn't say they'd erased the history, but they aren't letting us experience it as it happened which creates a distance that hurt.
    you must have hated last week's episode. it was full of flashbacks.

you must have hated last week's episode. it was full of flashbacks.
    Dude, seriously? There's a huge difference between the two. Not cool.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Dude, seriously? There's a huge difference between the two. Not cool.
    yes, one is an episode, and the other is a whole season.

what's so strange a bout this series is the main heroe's. After justice Leauge, they just seem so..cardboard like. We know absolutely nothing about them, their personalities, how they act. Only one we have gotten to know is Captain Marvel.
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    what's so strange a bout this series is the main heroe's. After justice Leauge, they just seem so..cardboard like. We know absolutely nothing about them, their personalities, how they act. Only one we have gotten to know is Captain Marvel.
    wha? i really think you need to go back and watch every episode from the beginning.

Yeah I have no reply for that.

Well it's been a day since the episode aired. Also loved Cassie Wonder Girl/Batgirl vs. Lobo.

I'm disappointed in the time jump because the last season built to this perfect point, where I wanted to see the further adventures of that group of teens. There were still so many stories that could have been told with them.

But that said, the time jump was a pretty daring risk and I think it actually worked out. I thought it was a great episode with so many Easter Eggs for die-hards and fan-favorite new characters like Wonder Girl, Batgirl and Blue Beetle. I'm sure the mysteries from last season will be resolved in time and I like that they immediately went back to the "missing 16 hours" from last season.

wha? i really think you need to go back and watch every episode from the beginning.
    granted, I'm going on memory, but since the focus is on the young hero's, it just seems like the main guys are there because everyone expects them to be there...it would be nice to have a plot line that focuses on the adults with no young justice to see how this team interacts..
    Geek Media -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    granted, I'm going on memory, but since the focus is on the young hero's, it just seems like the main guys are there because everyone expects them to be there...it would be nice to have a plot line that focuses on the adults with no young justice to see how this team interacts..
    oooh, i thought you were talking about the young heroes.

i think we know enough about most of the older guys and yes, the show is about the young heroes so of course it's going to focus on them.

The older guys are already established. They're only there to give the young guys a rub.