Page 19 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 451 to 475 of 729

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

  1. #451
    Heroic Warrior tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    One other comment about the last episode of Young Justice - I was especially pleased with the writer's sensitive choice of words in Wonder Woman's dialogue at the end of the episode to Wonder Girl, when Wonder Woman used the genrder neutral word "spouse" to describe Hawkwoman's relationship to Hawkman. In light of the culture Wonder Woman comes from, I really appreciated that attention to detail by the writers. It gives me hope that someone besides Dwayne McDuffy *GETS* Wonder Woman. Nicely done!
    Great observation. I didn't notice it before, but it's absolutely appropriate.

  2. #452
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,980
    Man this show is AWESOME! I love it. I hope we see some more depth to aqualad's turn, maybe he's DEEP undercover, maybe he's working his own plan against the light as a rogue, that would be fun to see play out esp now that his dad is in.

    I also love how many black people are on this show now!
    probably the REAL reason Mattel canceled the line
    Last edited by krosfyah; May 16, 2012 at 12:45pm.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  3. #453
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I hope we see some more depth to aqualad's turn, maybe he's DEEP undercover, maybe he's working his own plan against the light as a rogue, that would be fun to see play out esp now that his dad is in.
    I really hope he's actually a bad guy now.

    I like Aqualad a lot, but I'm so sick of the "Good guy turns bad, everyone gasps, but no! He's actually working undercover" plot. It has to be the norm for at least 80% of "hero turns" in comics.

  4. #454
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,025
    I agree, on that. I do want there to be more to his turn then all that though. Even at the characters ages it takes a bit more then that to really just turn on friends. Of course comics are the soap opera for the boys.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  5. #455
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    One other comment about the last episode of Young Justice - I was especially pleased with the writer's sensitive choice of words in Wonder Woman's dialogue at the end of the episode to Wonder Girl, when Wonder Woman used the genrder neutral word "spouse" to describe Hawkwoman's relationship to Hawkman. In light of the culture Wonder Woman comes from, I really appreciated that attention to detail by the writers. It gives me hope that someone besides Dwayne McDuffy *GETS* Wonder Woman. Nicely done!

    Well observed. Thank you for pointing that out.

    I think it is cool jumping 5 years into the future to show what happens to our favorite heroes. It really let's you know that the Light is more than a one and done organization. However, I have tyo admit I really liked the state of the team at the end of the first "series." It seemed like they were at their best and the team felt complete, IMHO. This show is at the point were it is almost as good as Justice League/JLU. Almost.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  6. #456
    Assimilate, or else!! krosfyah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Under an iron fist
    Posts
    17,980
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I really hope he's actually a bad guy now.

    I like Aqualad a lot, but I'm so sick of the "Good guy turns bad, everyone gasps, but no! He's actually working undercover" plot. It has to be the norm for at least 80% of "hero turns" in comics.
    I know how you feel, I am of two minds, I really like Aqualad and I DON'T want him to be a bad guy at all, but I'm tired of that trope as well. I'm torn!!

    I'm really intrigued with the Miss Martian using extreme force or some such and how superboy is reacting to it and if that has anything to do with their history.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

    I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

    Fear is faith in failure

  7. #457
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Speaking of bad guys it looks like Bruno "Ugly" Mannheim and possibly Intergang mkay be in next week's episode. Could we possibly see Darkseid in the upcoming episodes? He was given so much love in the new Justice League comics. Plus, after seeing the character designs for Bane, Lobo, Blockbuster and Clayface I am salivating at the idea of how these guys would make Darkseid look. Brave and the Bold Darkseid was incredible with Kevin Michael Richardson's voice but the Lord of Apokalips in the Young Justice style would be insane. Possibly voiced by Ron Pearlman or James Earl Jones...

    UPDATE.

    Nevermind. Darkseid will appear with John DiMaggio doing his voice. Well kiss my shinny, metal, Darkseid.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; May 16, 2012 at 05:17pm. Reason: added stuff
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  8. #458
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Speaking of bad guys it looks like Bruno "Ugly" Mannheim and possibly Intergang mkay be in next week's episode. Could we possibly see Darkseid in the upcoming episodes? He was given so much love in the new Justice League comics. Plus, after seeing the character designs for Bane, Lobo, Blockbuster and Clayface I am salivating at the idea of how these guys would make Darkseid look. Brave and the Bold Darkseid was incredible with Kevin Michael Richardson's voice but the Lord of Apokalips in the Young Justice style would be insane.
    We've seen G. Gordon Godfrey in a prominent role, so 4th World stuff almost has to be coming into play.

  9. #459
    Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Posts
    761
    If were going to see more 4th World characters, I hope that Mighty Endowed will get an appearance. It just wouldn't be right to not bring in a character that was introduced in the pages of YOUNG JUSTICE.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; May 18, 2012 at 04:55pm.

  10. #460
    Heroic Warrior tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    144
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Brave and the Bold Darkseid was incredible with Kevin Michael Richardson's voice but the Lord of Apokalips in the Young Justice style would be insane. Possibly voiced by Ron Pearlman or James Earl Jones...

    UPDATE.

    Nevermind. Darkseid will appear with John DiMaggio doing his voice. Well kiss my shinny, metal, Darkseid.
    I'm sure he would play Darkseid well, but IMHO, Michael Ironside owned that role.

  11. #461
    Heroic Warrior Piccolo Daimaoh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by tim View Post
    I'm sure he would play Darkseid well, but IMHO, Michael Ironside owned that role.

    He was awesome and was the character the longest. I don't think there has ever been a bad Darkseid, going back to Frank Welker on Super Friends and up to Andre Braugher on Superman Batman Apocalypse. They seem to always get the right voice actor. No one says Kal-El with more evil in his heart than Michael Ironside.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; May 26, 2012 at 02:40pm. Reason: sdpelling
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

  12. #462
    Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Your Mom's House
    Posts
    1,349
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Well observed. Thank you for pointing that out.

    I think it is cool jumping 5 years into the future to show what happens to our favorite heroes. It really let's you know that the Light is more than a one and done organization. However, I have tyo admit I really liked the state of the team at the end of the first "series." It seemed like they were at their best and the team felt complete, IMHO. This show is at the point were it is almost as good as Justice League/JLU. Almost.
    I actually like it just as much, if not more, than JL/JLU....... The art is great and the storytelling is superb.

  13. #463
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,477
    This is a show that I thought got off on a slow foot and struggled for a while. Got markedly better and I think hit its stride right at the reboot - which made it a huge gamble to shake up the show so much.

    But man, its hitting like never before. I can't wait for each new episode.

  14. #464
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,385
    Wow...that last five minutes. This show is definitely written for the older crowd.

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  15. #465
    Widget Wrestler Mr. Shokoti's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Villa Park, IL
    Posts
    9,541
    I love this show, but did they have to kill off Ted Kord in this canon as well? I'll give DC credit. They are really sticking with the Jaime Blue Beetle even though his second attempt at a solo series looks like it will be ending soon. Keep hm around if they want, but Ted is so vastly different outside of the shared superhero name that they could easily coexist.

    It is nice to see Roy(or almost Roy) without all the tats though.

    Also, the Vibe 2 parter was awesome. It's nice to see this underdog get some love(I believe he's coming back to the comic book DCU as well) in such a fun old school toon.

    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Wow...that last five minutes. This show is definitely written for the older crowd.
    I thought that as soon as I saw Wally "living in sin" with Artemis who herself was wearing just a shirt without any pants. Voltron Force won't even show Allura & Keith kiss let alone say they are an item.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; May 19, 2012 at 08:44pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

    JOIN THE GROUP...

    FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

  16. #466
    Angast's #1 fan Bonehead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Windy City South Suburbs
    Posts
    3,717
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    This is a show that I thought got off on a slow foot and struggled for a while. Got markedly better and I think hit its stride right at the reboot - which made it a huge gamble to shake up the show so much.

    But man, its hitting like never before. I can't wait for each new episode.
    I agree completely. I was not a fan of the show at the beginning but after awhile it grew on me. By the time Zatanna showed up, I loved the show just as much as any Timm show. This is why I truly don't like the time jump. I feel as though we were robbed too much.

    Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy the new season but I would have been just as happy; in fact even more so; if they had left it alone.

  17. #467
    Heroic Warrior gbagok's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    6,968
    As someone who was a fan of the show from the beginning and was eagerly awaiting every episode already, this is like skipping from the first season to the last season of a show you like. Yeah, the last season is awesome, but the skip sucks. About the only thing that's not missed by me is never finding out in those five years what happened to the real Speedy or what the missing Leaguers had done. Otherwise, crap, it is painful to not have seen all that's happened to get here.

    RE Aqualad, I hope he's not undercover either. He probably thinks he's right to be killing alien invaders, and I'll bet he doesn't know what the Light is really up to or possibly even that Black Manta has joined them.

    Loved Red Arrow being the only version of Roy that the team ever knew, loved the intro of his daughter--although if I didn't know about that from the comics I'd be ****** by how out of nowhere it was. Loved seeing Wally and Artemis as it was really seeming like they could be dead. Love that Superboy has evolved so much, and that we can hear the Scarab now. I'm trusting Ocean Master's defeat had something to do with Aquagirl's death and revealing he was Orm. Sigh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I thought that as soon as I saw Wally "living in sin" with Artemis who herself was wearing just a shirt without any pants. Voltron Force won't even show Allura & Keith kiss let alone say they are an item.
    Yeah, "Will you be the King" had to be the lamest proposal ever.
    Last edited by gbagok; May 20, 2012 at 03:04pm.

  18. #468
    Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bologna - Italy
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post

    Loved Red Arrow being the only version of Roy that the team ever knew, loved the intro of his daughter--
    that's was a little bit confusing to me: weren't clones supposed to be unable to procreate?

  19. #469
    Heroic Master of Maturity SCB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Monica, CA
    Posts
    7,637
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    that's was a little bit confusing to me: weren't clones supposed to be unable to procreate?
    Based on what?

  20. #470
    Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bologna - Italy
    Posts
    4,609
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Based on what?
    it wasn't a statement, just a doubt: i vaguely remembered that reproduction in cloned subject was very difficult, at least.

  21. #471
    Master of DVDs BCI Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    5,477
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
    that's was a little bit confusing to me: weren't clones supposed to be unable to procreate?
    I think in real life Dolly the Sheep was sterile, but I don't recall anything on YJ saying clones couldn't reproduce.

  22. #472
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,025
    Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think in real life Dolly the Sheep was sterile, but I don't recall anything on YJ saying clones couldn't reproduce.
    I also don't remember if that was intentional or by design.

    In a world where Martians are in fact real and they haven't made a statement as to whether clones can or cannot reproduce whatever. I still need to watch this weekends cartoons (YJ, GL, TCat, A.EMH).
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  23. #473
    Freakishly Fabulous! Seahawk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Monster High
    Posts
    2,479
    Loved the last episode! It was great to see all the girls work together. Wonder Girl seems to kinda have a bit Miss Martian's old super enthused personality.

    Batgirl's question to Nightwing was awesome.

    Blue Beetle's side story was interesting as I don't know much about the character, not that this really answered anything, other than the scarab thing likes to kill things, lol.

    really wish the toy line had lasted long enough to get all of the new members.

    You look pretty pumped for somebody without a pulse

    Break a leg, break 'em both

    Don't Cleopatronize me

  24. #474
    Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Camden, NJ
    Posts
    19,385
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahawk View Post
    Loved the last episode! It was great to see all the girls work together. Wonder Girl seems to kinda have a bit Miss Martian's old super enthused personality.

    Batgirl's question to Nightwing was awesome.

    Blue Beetle's side story was interesting as I don't know much about the character, not that this really answered anything, other than the scarab thing likes to kill things, lol.

    really wish the toy line had lasted long enough to get all of the new members.
    Wonder Girl is more like an enthusiastic fangirl, than M'gann's "Hello Megan!" innocent sitcom persona. I forget that M'gann is older too. She's 21 now, at least mentally.

    The symbiote scarab was funny!

    The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

    Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

  25. #475
    Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    New Jersey, USA
    Posts
    8,260
    OK, so Jaime's kidnapped friend is Apache Chief? When I saw the headband in the first scene I was curious, but when the grandfather explained he came from a long line of Apache Chiefs, plus his real name is "Long Shadow", which was the JLU version of the character.

    So are the other kidnapped kids going to become the new Superfriends?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •