Page 20 of 30 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Über Fan Adam_Prince of Eternia's Avatar
    Young Justice is consistently the best show on television.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    So are the other kidnapped kids going to become the new Superfriends?
    Probably. My guess is the last kid on right is Virgil Hawkins - so they'll be using Static instead of Black Vulcan or Juice.

The boy and the girl in the middle looked more like El Dorado and (a female) Samurai than the Wonder Twins.

That's really interesting. The way they did the Super Friends with Power Girl, Galetea, on JLU was awesome. Let's see if Young Justice can do it better.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

It would be cool if they brought Static on board. I've always liked that character.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Probably. My guess is the last kid on right is Virgil Hawkins - so they'll be using Static instead of Black Vulcan or Juice.

The boy and the girl in the middle looked more like El Dorado and (a female) Samurai than the Wonder Twins.
    OH That would be AWESOME! how criminal is it that the toyline is dead? I love the designs of these guys! Batgirl looks awesome!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

My guess is that the real reason they had it be Jaime dealing with the kidnapped friend, and this is bolstered by the grandfather telling him about his own search, that The Reach, the aliens behind Blue Beetle's scarab are the ones The Light are actually working with.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    My guess is that the real reason they had it be Jaime dealing with the kidnapped friend, and this is bolstered by the grandfather telling him about his own search, that The Reach, the aliens behind Blue Beetle's scarab are the ones The Light are actually working with.

I think you may have exposed the whole storyline an blew this series wide open! I wonder how Darkseid is involved in this whole thing, besides providing weapons to Intergang?
    Until now.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Didn't they say the week before that Ted Kord had invented the Scarab? (I think that's what was said?) Or did they just say that he had just found it?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I think you may have exposed the whole storyline an blew this series wide open! I wonder how Darkseid is involved in this whole thing, besides providing weapons to Intergang?
    I think the Apokolyptan stuff is a red herring. Or build-up to the next season? Therre was Apokolypse stuff in the first season - the Sphere, the Forever People, and Dakseid never came to a head - and that was "five years ago."

I also loved seeing Wonder Girl take on Devastation like in the comics.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Didn't they say the week before that Ted Kord had invented the Scarab? (I think that's what was said?) Or did they just say that he had just found it?
    They said he made it. But the two issues with that are 1) in the comics the one Jaime wears wasn't made buy Ted, the one Ted had was based off it though or something like that. 2)it talking to him the way it does, kind of hints that Ted probably didn't make it but people think he did or he made his own and Jaime found the original.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    I think the Apokolyptan stuff is a red herring. Or build-up to the next season? Therre was Apokolypse stuff in the first season - the Sphere, the Forever People, and Dakseid never came to a head - and that was "five years ago."

I also loved seeing Wonder Girl take on Devastation like in the comics.

I don't know, they already cast John DiMaggio to play Darkseid so I hope he will be on the show this season and not just a senseless side story.
    Until now.

Could be the mix the two a bit, it is an alternate reality.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I love this programme. BUT, I think the whole Aqualad turning evil is quite ridiculous.

He put them in dangerous situations everyday when he was leader and then when Tula died, he suddenly turned evil. I know about Black Manta being his father and him being lied to about it, blah blah. But it feels like a cop-out.

I hope it's all part of Robin and Aqualad's plan.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Heroic Warrior
    I have to admit that I thought this series was complete dreck when it initially came out. I turn on the t.v. the other night and I watch this episode with Jaime Beetle (I call him that) AND featuring all the females in one episode and I'm like...WHEN THE HELL DID THEY GET GOOD WRITERS AND SERIES DIRECTION :O !?! I was blown away by everything in this episode and I particularly have to give a nod to the Wonder Girl realizing her true potential as opposed to being another "me female power house me smash" archetype. Also...ROBIN IS NIGHTWING I was totally converted into a fan instantly.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I have to admit that I thought this series was complete dreck when it initially came out. I turn on the t.v. the other night and I watch this episode with Jaime Beetle (I call him that) AND featuring all the females in one episode and I'm like...WHEN THE HELL DID THEY GET GOOD WRITERS AND SERIES DIRECTION :O !?! I was blown away by everything in this episode and I particularly have to give a nod to the Wonder Girl realizing her true potential as opposed to being another "me female power house me smash" archetype. Also...ROBIN IS NIGHTWING I was totally converted into a fan instantly.
    Dude, you missed alot. Time to track down some of those old episodes and catch up.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Dude, you missed alot. Time to track down some of those old episodes and catch up.
    Yeah I figured I likely missed a crap load of the story so I'm gonna back track- too bad about the figure line basically being dead just as the show has more and more characters that deserve to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    Yeah I figured I likely missed a crap load of the story so I'm gonna back track- too bad about the figure line basically being dead just as the show has more and more characters that deserve to be made.
    You are right on when it comes to the figures. Young Justice is one of the best animated shows that DC and WB has ever put out and the character design is top notch. It is a crime that we will not be getting more figures from this show.

I hope you are able to see the complete season 1 of this series. There were some great early episodes but, IMHO, once Zatanna joins the team the show really hit it's stride. The episode were they fought a make shift Legion of Doom was great, but the one that really got me was when the whole Justice League had a summit in the Watchtower and basically discussed the state of the super hero world. Should Captain Marvel stay a member of the League; should Red Arrow, Icon and Plastic Man be offered League membership; should Dr. Fate remain a member of the League; what about the members of Young Justice, should any of them be offered League membership? It was an episode I watched over and over again. Plus it's the first episode were Wonder Woman has a speaking role. I hope you enjoy it as much as I.
    Until now.

This was my favorite episode of this series since the Wally West solo episode last season(I guess Flash Family stories are Young Justice's strength). It makes me even happier that Barry is back as the Flash in the comics.

Also, I need a Sword Of The Atom regular animated series starting tomorrow.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The Impulse episode was awesome. Really thought Flash would die.

It might have just been one of R'as al Ghul's hideouts, but did anyone else think of Deadman's Nanda Parbat when they saw where "real" Roy was being kept? Also I half-expected that to be Match and not Roy. I'm glad that we might finally meet the real Roy Harper.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The Impulse episode was awesome. Really thought Flash would die.
    Yeah, I was expecting Barry to die too and for it to force Wally out of retirement to take his place as the Flash. Glad that didn't happen--too late to ask for a Flash family spin off?--but I hope we see more of Wally regardless. It was great to get Bart too. I guess he was just play acting about not expecting to be stuck in the "stupid" past, but when will he find out he didn't fix most of the future?

So "noted" is Gar's catch phrase on this show?

the end didn't make much sense to me, not the thing with Bart actually going back to avert a catastrophe, but rather how did Neutron know it had worked? I mean sure he was no longer Mr Explodey but if he was cured 40 years ago then he should have no memory of the original future timeline or that anything had changed at all because unlike Bart who by going back had stepped outside of that particular timeline Neutron was still in it so any changes will also have caused changes to his memories to account for the new timeline even if it was only a tiny bit different, but...see this is really a good episode to show why time travel just raises far too many questions.

Because it was implied that Bart went back to cure him to prevent him from destroying everything which Bart does but then the reason he went back no longer happened so there was no reason for him to go back thereby causing a paradox, but the place was still a ruin in th future so obviously something happened which I guess is the new reason Bart would have went back and sure Bart may not know because being outside the timestream his memories will not have been changed with the new info, but then neither had Neutrons because he also wondered how things hadn't changed when he had been cured and... my head hurts
    Last edited by wolfsfang; June 2, 2012 at 10:09pm.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    the end didn't make much sense to me, not the thing with Bart actually going back to avert a catastrophe, but rather how did Neutron know it had worked? I mean sure he was no longer Mr Explodey but if he was cured 40 years ago then he should have no memory of the original future timeline or that anything had changed at all because unlike Bart who by going back had stepped outside of that particular timeline Neutron was still in it so any changes will also have caused changes to his memories to account for the new timeline even if it was only a tiny bit different, but...see this is really a good episode to show why time travel just raises far too many questions.

Because it was implied that Bart went back to cure him to prevent him from destroying everything which Bart does but then the reason he went back no longer happened so there was no reason for him to go back thereby causing a paradox, but the place was still a ruin in th future so obviously something happened which I guess is the new reason Bart would have went back and sure Bart may not know because being outside the timestream his memories will not have been changed with the new info, but then neither had Neutrons because he also wondered how things hadn't changed when he had been cured and... my head hurts
    It's called a temporal paradox and it is supposed to give you a headache!
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

The show has just continued to get better and better. I really like that they have added some more prominent female heroes. Last weeks episode with Batgirl, Wonder Girl, Bumblebee, and Miss Martian was great in my opinion. I'm just sad that the toy line ended just as the show was taking off.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post

One of the main reasons I loathe Spector's power but there are things you just hav to throw out the window, as it's a one off time travel thing I can forgive it. if Bart were bouncing back and forth as that was his power i'd probably check out. but fuzz logic it and Neutron knows Bart went back in time to fix things, that part wasn't erased so he has the memory of why bart went back in time, not the memory of his neutron life. if you dissect it there are so many problems but just overviewing it (for me) i can accept it. again as it's a one off story not that the guy's power is time travel.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Overall:
    I am really liking this show!
    The animation is sharp and hot!
    Story (from the episodes I've seen are pretty good) considering that I haven't really been able to lock in initially on when this show aired, but now that I have I likey!!!
    I would really hope they release a season one set of this series rather than those volumes where it's just a few episodes; the one thing I hate about the WB dvd branch distributes their animated shows (for the most part), felt like this too when it came to Legion.
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....