Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Awesome episode, although I felt sorry for Wally. It seems that his days of glory not only have been left in the past within the comics but also in the series

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    It might have just been one of R'as al Ghul's hideouts, but did anyone else think of Deadman's Nanda Parbat when they saw where "real" Roy was being kept? Also I half-expected that to be Match and not Roy. I'm glad that we might finally meet the real Roy Harper.
    I actually thought that there was going to be a match with Conner Hawke, character that I actually never liked, but now I'm kinda wishing he may appear in the series
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    It makes sense to show Wally/Kid Flash not as fast as Barry/the Flash or Bart/Impulse. Back in the early 90s there was a story arc in the Flash comics where in a confrontation with Professor Zoom, Wally had to work past a mental block that prevented him from being Barry's equal, and potentially surpassing him, in speed & abilites.

I could see YOUNG JUSTICE bringing in Wally's mental block to use in an episode that involved Wally and Bart having to take down Professor Zoom and Wally needing to overcome that block to save Impulse (or others) as part of capturing Professor Zoom.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Marvel View Post
    It makes sense to show Wally/Kid Flash not as fast as Barry/the Flash or Bart/Impulse. Back in the early 90s there was a story arc in the Flash comics where in a confrontation with Professor Zoom, Wally had to work past a mental block that prevented him from being Barry's equal, and potentially surpassing him, in speed & abilites.

I could see YOUNG JUSTICE bringing in Wally's mental block to use in an episode that involved Wally and Bart having to take down Professor Zoom and Wally needing to overcome that block to save Impulse (or others) as part of capturing Professor Zoom.
    Sounds like an episode of Batman the Brave and the Bold.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Wow. Well...

Aqualad was a plant after all. Actually I didn't buy it when he "killed" Artemis. The death of Tula alone just didn't justify that kind of character turn IMO.

Heroic Warrior
    Great episode, I am really liking this season overall.

Aw man, do we really need to use the spoiler feature in a Young Justice thread? Oh well. Today's episode was another classic and really answered a lot of questions. I feel for Superboy and Miss Martian, but I really understand why he broke up with her.
    Until now.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Aw man, do we really need to use the spoiler feature in a Young Justice thread? Oh well. Today's episode was another classic and really answered a lot of questions. I feel for Superboy and Miss Martian, but I really understand why he broke up with her.
    Me too. The revelation that she tried to brainwipe Superboy is heavy. That means M'gann has no limits on who she will hit with a telepathic whammy.

It was good to see the main team reassembled again...sort of.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Another great episode. Wally, Nightwing, Artemis, and Aqualad have made a pact to keep Aqualad's true intentions and Artemis's death a secret from everyone else. This should have major consequences, but is something Batman would easily do.

Looks like there's more to Superboy and Ms. Martian's break up than just Superboy wanting the best for her.

M'gann's growing powers is a very interesting storyline. It makes sense that something like that would cause Conner to break up with her. In the 3rd episode he yells at her to get out of his head. In his discussion with what happened to them as a couple Conner brings up that they are her victims and she yells back that they are the bad guys but Conner corrects her and says they are her victims. It told me that, like Superman, there are some things Conner will not do to get the job done. Like the discussions between Batman and Superman; Supes takes the high ground and Batman calls him a fool and tells him he doesn't have that luxury.

I love the Superboy character on Young Justice but I know a lot of fans are put off by his angry personality. This episode showed that Superboy has a strong moral sense that defines Superman. Conner's strong sense of right and wrong lead to the end of the relationship between he and M'gann.

I wonder if M'gann may become a villain in the future.

Oh well, maybe Wonder Girl is single.
    Until now.

Really great episode.
    It's nice to see what Aqualad's true intentions are, but I have to say, I was kind of digging him as a villan.

I agree that it will be interesting to see how M'gann develops during the remainder of the season. I wouldn't be suprised if she's forced to go even further than she has already.
    Last edited by tim; June 10, 2012 at 08:27am.

I'm a little bummed that they went the obvious route with Aqualad. I think in a show that was daring enough to jump ahead 5 years right as it was finally firing on all cylinders, making Aqualad a true villain would've been the ballsier move.

The stuff with M'gann reminds me of Willow from Buffy and that didn't end so well (especially if you read the comics).

Aw man, do we really need to complain about one spoiler tag?

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I'm a little bummed that they went the obvious route with Aqualad. I think in a show that was daring enough to jump ahead 5 years right as it was finally firing on all cylinders, making Aqualad a true villain would've been the ballsier move.
    it would have, but I won't lie...I'm SO happy they went that route! it's one of those things where my emotions outweighed everything else! I was so happy to see he is a plant! I'm still afraid though, I don't want aqualad scheming with his own agenda outside both the team and his dad! it's possible.

MAN WHAT A FRICKING GREAT SHOW!!!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

just think how great it's going to be when superboy finds out aqualad is a plant. now that we know his reason for breaking up with mgaan, it's clear that he's not really down with lying to friends and betrayals...which is how he'll see this.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    just think how great it's going to be when superboy finds out aqualad is a plant. now that we know his reason for breaking up with mgaan, it's clear that he's not really down with lying to friends and betrayals...which is how he'll see this.
    Well it's a little different keeping something from someone and trying to rewrite his/her memory. That's a bit more of a violation I would think. He's not a stranger to lying to the team though.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Oh well, maybe Wonder Girl is single.
    The Kents wouldn't appreciate that. That gives me Geoff Johns writing Titans Annual #1 flashes.
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; June 10, 2012 at 08:18pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Going five years in the future to do current and past hidden stuff. Brilliant. Because its not just flash back. Its stuff after we all got invested....

Man i honestly think this show tips the scale to dc for me

Dang! I was hoping if Aqualad was bad, he'd either be killed off or set aside for most of the episodes.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    The Kents wouldn't appreciate that. That gives me Geoff Johns writing Titans Annual #1 flashes.
    At first i thought Wondergirl was supergirl. They could at least change the hair color so people don't get confused
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    At first i thought Wondergirl was supergirl. They could at least change the hair color so people don't get confused
    but that's her comic hair color.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    How could you get Wondergirl and Supergirl mixed up? The majority of people can tell people apart who have the same hair colour.

She even has the Wonder Woman logo AND the Golden Lasso
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Wonder Girl is a blonde in the comics. You'd figure the gold double W on Cassie's chest would have been a dead give away plus Supergirl is Kara and they all called this one Cassie.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Aw man, do we really need to complain about one spoiler tag?

Ah, touche'! But I hope you understand my statement wasn't focused at you. I thought spoiler tag being put on might have been a forum rule. My mistake.
    Until now.

Don't forget Artemis. I can't tell whose who!

I would have liked to have seen him be an actual villain also but they at least played it well.

There are only so many hair colors they use, sure in real life there are different shades but still. I would be curious if they bring in Supergirl to the show.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I doubt they would bring Supergirl into the group since there is already Superboy. The way they talk about Superman's desire to find another Kryptonian I doubt Supergirl or Power Girl exist in this continuity.
    Until now.