Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Awesome list. I'd like to add the Dark Knight Returns.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    Re Batman: I was at a comic convention and picked up ONE Batman comic once.. I think it was the Killing joke, but not sure...The problem with DC is there's SO MUCH stuff out there, it's hard to know where to start. that's why just recently, I started picking up the anthology books, starting from issue one in the 40's. I've read through Wonder woman, Green Lantern, and 2 or three books from batman and superman, so slowly starting from the beginning.

Well done. I know it can be overwhelming because there is just so much stuff out there. I like to use the internet to find the stories I'm want to read from the past. Wikipedia is good, IMO, and DC has a Wiki site themselves. The good thing about Wikipedia is that they break it down by era and storyline so you get a nice cliff notes and are able to decide if this is a story you want to read. Plus it gives you essential info on the characters, their relationships, their alter-ego's and all that good stuff.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone have a guess as to who the other villains are in this series? I'm guessing it's the Dominators.

So happy to have this show back. Great return episode.

what I want to know is

clone Roy has a daughter so does that make real Roy a father or an uncle or an father-uncle?

None really. Possibly an uncle since Red Arrow and Arsenal are somewhat twins.

I thought it was a quality episode. We dive right into Speedy's return and his transformation into Arsenal. Also great that Red Arrow and Arsenal co-exist now.

Plus a Captain Cold cameo. Then planting the seeds for Sportsmaster's family vs the Black Mantas.
    Last edited by SCB; September 29, 2012 at 04:09pm.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Loving the Otis reference. That voiced actor said, "Mr. Luthor" perfectly.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    None really. Possibly an uncle since Red Arrow and Arsenal are somewhat twins.

I thought it was a quality episode. We dive right into Speedy's return and his transformation into Arsenal. Also great that Red Arrow and Arsenal co-exist now.

Plus a Captain Cold cameo. Then planting the seeds for Sportsmaster's family vs the Black Mantas.

Agreed. I haven't been the biggest fan of the Red Arrow trying to find Speedy storyline but I didn't mind this episode; it wasn't bad. Is it me or was that Jason Todd in the memorial section with Ted Cord and Artemis? And I must have missed something, who is Rocket getting married to, Icon? I really wish this was an hour episode.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Agreed. I haven't been the biggest fan of the Red Arrow trying to find Speedy storyline but I didn't mind this episode; it wasn't bad. Is it me or was that Jason Todd in the memorial section with Ted Cord and Artemis? And I must have missed something, who is Rocket getting married to, Icon? I really wish this was an hour episode.
    Icon is off world and I think he is more of a father figure to rocket. but we will see. i think it was Jason Todd. the dialogue seemed to indicate so
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    even i caught that...too bad they couldn't get the movie actor to play a security guard saying that
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Icon is off world and I think he is more of a father figure to rocket. but we will see. i think it was Jason Todd. the dialogue seemed to indicate so
    I was remarking to a firend that even though I know this show is more about the Team and less about the Justice League I am still very interested to see this trial that the main heroes have gone to. It reminds me of the 3rd episode of Justice League when John Stewart was on trial. I always loved the Fantastic Four comics were Reed or the entire FF would be on trial for crimes against the Skrulls or other intergalactic threats. I always found it fascinating, like when the X-Men were teleported to the Shi-Ar mothership and Jean Grey was put on trial for crimes commited as Phoenix. I'd love to see what's happening to our heroes in space.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sword-of-Grayskull View Post
    I know I cheered.

Much as I liked How to Train Your Dragon, it really ****** me off to tune into YJ and Green Lantern and discover my DVR full of Dragonriders of Burp or whatever it's called despite the guide listing saying otherwise. Did anyone else actually get the episode "Before the Dawn"? I can't find anymore YJ episodes after this weekend, so it looks like another hiatus (or CN saying "hate us") is here.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Much as I liked How to Train Your Dragon, it really ****** me off to tune into YJ and Green Lantern and discover my DVR full of Dragonriders of Burp or whatever it's called despite the guide listing saying otherwise. Did anyone else actually get the episode "Before the Dawn"? I can't find anymore YJ episodes after this weekend, so it looks like another hiatus (or CN saying "hate us") is here.
    I got the same, I show them as rerunning sunday (tomorrow) morning Green lantern and Young Justice that is.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Fans of the DC Nation programming block lit up Twitter this morning after discovering that Cartoon Network has unexpectedly pulled Young Justice and Green Lantern: The Animated Series from the remainder of its October schedule. New episodes had begun airing just two weeks ago.

Green Lantern producer Giancarlo Volpe explained that, “Apparently Cartoon Network preempted it in celebration of their 20th birthday. Their logic, not mine. I am very disappointed. [...] Preempted means they replaced it (hopefully only temporarily) with How to Train Your Dragon.”

Volpe was just as surprised by the move as everyone else, writing, “I am hoping they’ll be back in two weeks. But nobody knows for sure. ”

Disappointed fans also began peppering the DC Nation Facebook page with criticism, with one person suggesting “Cartoon Network executives” in response to a poll question about “your favorite super-villain.” The network has yet to release an official statement.

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.co...ctober-lineup/

wait...WHAT? Talk about a stupid move

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Typical Cartoon Network. If it wasn't for Young Justice, I wouldn't watch that channel.

UPDATE (1:45 PT): Cartoon Network has announced on Twitter, “Hey #DCNation fans! Have you heard?? DC Nation will return in January with all new episodes!”
    Last edited by MegaGearMax; October 13, 2012 at 05:15pm.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

JANUARY?! Those *******s. The CN anniversary only reminds me of when they had stuff like Johnny Quest on there and it was a simpler time.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    JANUARY?! Those *******s.
    I couldn't agree more. The long hiatus totally killed Thundercats for me and now it looks like the same will happen with Young Justice and Green Lantern. I am so ****** off now

So to celebrate their anniversary they decide to **** off their viewers?? Makes sense, Mattel and WB work together on some things, I guess this is why they get along. I can't BELIEVE how some of these people have multi-million dollar jobs!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Are they saving the episodes to air with Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go?

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Are they saving the episodes to air with Beware the Batman and Teen Titans Go?
    Probable, but man, it takes FOREVER to finish a season and then get new episodes with these folk! it feels like they make it up as they go along!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Wow - I was puzzled when I checked the DVR and got Dragons, but at least it wasn't just me. That seems profoundly stupid to yank the new episodes for a three-month hiatus, only two weeks into the new season. I do kind of hate CN.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    Wow - I was puzzled when I checked the DVR and got Dragons, but at least it wasn't just me. That seems profoundly stupid to yank the new episodes for a three-month hiatus, only two weeks into the new season. I do kind of hate CN.
    It isn't a new season though. The new season started months ago. It is stupid that they did 7 episodes, went on break. Come back for 2 episodes and go on break again. Are they trying to get the show canceled?
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

It's all so clear now. CN is run by Digital River. That must be the explanation for such a puzzling decision.
    Until now.

So my friend, his wife and his sister's boyfriend wanted to watch the last two episodes aired, we did and I told them the bad news about January, they were ****** royally! but my friend's wife went on a mission and found epsiode 10! we watched it and GOOD HEAVENS!!! man January??! I hate that I have to wait so long!!! if anyone has seen episode ten, post please because I don't want to ruin anything.

Greg Weisman does amazing work, but he seems to always get screwed over.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 15, 2012 at 09:11am.

Fear is faith in failure