Page 24 of 30 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Where did she find it? I know I used to have to find new episodes of Transformers Animated because they broadcast them in Canada or the UK before they showed them in the US.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

she found it on youtube actually, what happened was itunes and amazon put them up, so SOME people got them. it was taken down soon afterwards, but i guess a few folks put them online and one guy put it on youtube. if you found tf animated and such you can find this episode the same way (I did when I got home from my friend's place)
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Sounds great to me. I'll check it out tonight when I get home from work.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    she found it on youtube actually, what happened was itunes and amazon put them up, so SOME people got them. it was taken down soon afterwards, but i guess a few folks put them online and one guy put it on youtube. if you found tf animated and such you can find this episode the same way (I did when I got home from my friend's place)
    Watched it yesterday on You Tube and all i can say is WOW. This is seriously the best superhero show on TV and it very close to the level of the Justice League era. IGN is reporting that one of the reasons CN has shut down the DCU cartoon block because they do not want to compete with the Ninja Turtles show on Nick but with quality like this they have nothing to be afraid of; this is the real deal.
    Until now.

Haven't seen this week's yet. The DVR this week says it recorded that and the newest Green Lantern episode, but I got two episodes of that How to Train Your Dragon spin-off series instead. Of course, maybe they just didn't have one for the week, I don't pay attention to the schedule a lot, I admit.
    Last edited by King Gilskull; October 19, 2012 at 12:38pm.

Quote Originally Posted by King Gilskull View Post
    Haven't seen this week's yet. The DVR this week says it recorded that and the newest Green Lantern episode, but I got two episodes of that How to Train Your Dragon spin-off series instead. Of course, maybe they just didn't have one for the week, I don't pay attention to the schedule a lot, I admit.
    Looks like you don't pay attention to this thread, either.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Watched it yesterday on You Tube and all i can say is WOW. This is seriously the best superhero show on TV and it very close to the level of the Justice League era. IGN is reporting that one of the reasons CN has shut down the DCU cartoon block because they do not want to compete with the Ninja Turtles show on Nick but with quality like this they have nothing to be afraid of; this is the real deal.
    that's a strange reason to push it back. aren't they on at different times?

Sounds great to me. I'll check it out tonight when I get home from work.

- - - Updated - - -

Watched it yesterday on You Tube and all i can say is WOW. This is seriously the best superhero show on TV and it very close to the level of the Justice League era.
    yep. this show is INSANE! Everything is on point, the writing the acting, the animation the choreography the pacing, it's just nuts!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

yep. this show is INSANE! Everything is on point, the writing the acting, the animation the choreography the pacing, it's just nuts!
    The animation is were it's at. I love the character design. No matter what character is on they look cool. From the updates to Batgirl's outfit to how awesome Blue Beetle looks. And Blue Beetle does look awesome. Also, I love Impulse. He may not be the Scarlet Speedster but he makes super-speed look like the best super-power there is. He makes it look simple. He reminds me of Wally West as the Flash in Justice League. I don't remember if it was when he was fighting Justice Lord Superman or if it was another speedster but he was like "you may be as fast as me but you can't think as fast as I do." Bart Allen is a very fast thinker and talker.
    Until now.

They've also fixed virtually everything wrong with the comics. They even made "Rise of Arsenal" a compelling story!

Disenchanted Toy Hunter 80's Enthusiast's Avatar
    I just watched the most recent episode yesterday, I gotta say as a former avid comic reader who, in recent times is not keeping up, this is a GREAT show. The depth of story telling and the dimesion of characters is so compelling. Nightwing is such a deep. layered character and this version doesn't disappoint. The angle with the veiled BB origin is bad ass, and the little easter eggs? GENIOUS.

I am stupified by CN's continual efforts to sink this show........

Quote Originally Posted by 80's Enthusiast View Post
    I just watched the most recent episode yesterday, I gotta say as a former avid comic reader who, in recent times is not keeping up, this is a GREAT show. The depth of story telling and the dimesion of characters is so compelling. Nightwing is such a deep. layered character and this version doesn't disappoint. The angle with the veiled BB origin is bad ass, and the little easter eggs? GENIOUS.

I am stupified by CN's continual efforts to sink this show........
    Are you referring to the one from 10/20? I am still trying to find it online; where did you find it if you don't mind me asking.
    Until now.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    *Note: Please remember that discussion of downloading material, if not legal, is not allowed on the forums.*

That said, if you do a search online, you can probably locate the episode, perhaps on youtube as had been stated.

Hopefully CN will get its act together and get these episodes on the air sooner rather than later!
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Are you referring to the one from 10/20? I am still trying to find it online; where did you find it if you don't mind me asking.
    no as far as I know the last episode to be released was Before the Dawn. that should be the one you watched on youtube. I've heard nothing of the next epsisode being released, the title is "Cornered."

Fear is faith in failure

no as far as I know the last episode to be released was Before the Dawn. that should be the one you watched on youtube. I've heard nothing of the next epsisode being released, the title is "Cornered."
    I've been searching YouTube for Cornered and though it has it looks like it may have been removed altogether from the site. I thought it aired just not in the US, maybe Canada or the UK but I was just on Wikipedia and it has no air date. I was just checking to see if anyone else found it, legally that is.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; October 25, 2012 at 11:56am.
    Until now.

I've been searching YouTube for Cornered and though it has it looks like it may have been removed altogether from the site. I thought it aired just not in the US, maybe Canada or the UK but I was just on Wikipedia and it has no air date. I was just checking to see if anyone else found it, legally that is.
    i've scoured for it, no luck. even checked sites of dubious repute but again no luck.

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    An interesting tidbit from SupermanHomepage.Com:

October 23, 2012: Rumor Behind Cartoon Network/DC Nation Fiasco May Be True
    Young Justice Cover Internet fan sites have been running hot with rumors surrounding just what the reason might have been for Cartoon Network pulling DC Nation from its schedule for the remainder of 2012.

While many fans directed their anger at Cartoon Network, it seems they might not be the ones at fault.

Rumor has it that a breakdown in negotiations between DC Comics and Milestone Media over the use of characters such as Static, Icon and Rocket were behind the move to postpone new episodes of DC Nation animated shows such as "Young Justice", due to their use of those characters.

There has been no official word from anyone at Warner Bros. or DC Comics, but the latest issue of the "Young Justice" comic book speaks volumes when you compare the final edition of the cover with what was sent out when the October books were originally solicited.

The original cover artwork for issue #21 of "Young Justice" clearly shows Icon positioned above Superboy's head. However he has been removed in the final version of the cover, with subtitle text inserted to cover the blank space left behind.

Is the decision to push back the return of DC Nation to January 2013 designed to allow time for the animators at Warner Bros. to change the "Young Justice" episodes that included these Milestone characters? Or is it due to ongoing negotiations between DC and Milestone in the hope that an agreement can be locked down to allow the episodes to go ahead as planned? I guess we'll either have to wait for someone in the know to let us know, or until January 2013 when we'll see the episodes for ourselves.
    Moral of the story: lawyers ruin everything.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

but does that explain the removal of green lantern as well? also I thought DC outright bought milestone and their characters when the company closed its doors. DC even published a mini series called Milestone forever in 2010 which shows how the Dakota universe merged into the DCU.

Fear is faith in failure

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Wait, if they remove the characters, they might as well just cancel the show. What is the point of showing a tainted show? You can't just remove characters from animation already animated. I mean, are they going to just wipe out Static Shock from the JLU episodes too? I mean, after all, heaven forbid they use DC characters in DC shows.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

They may have to reanimate portions, or certain episodes.

It could just be speculation.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Aw, that sucks if the Milestone characters are going to leave the DC U; that is a really tough blow to their lineup. I mean Static is pretty much a mainstream character. The storyline in Young Justice were Superman pushes for Icon to join the League because he felt that he was a fellow Kryptionian due to his similar powers was really important in my eyes. These characters add depth to the DCU, like adding Wild C.A.T.S. and Gen13 characters, they create all new interesting storylines. It's Milestone; it's Dwayne McDuffie. Come on, DC. Let's get it together.
    Last edited by Piccolo Daimaoh; October 25, 2012 at 09:41pm.
    Until now.

Again, I'm NOT privy to the ins and outs of this but DC owns the milestone characters. So this reasoning sounds off. not only that the people behind the show were perplexed with this move as well. the only logic I can see if it is the milestone character usage would be hammering out a payment plan to specific creators if that is on the books. Which is possible. I know that Neal Adams is a big advocate for creators rights and the milestone characters were created at a time when creators owned their characters so maybe there's not the issue of rights as much as what to pay specific creators. But at the same time I really thought DC bought them all part and parcel. but maybe the creators deserve a screen credit and the $$ that comes with that. it is fair. but that reason sounds shaky, not implausible but shaky.

someone theorized this

Cartoon Network paid a lot of money for a series that just isn’t working out for them.

The series spinoff of How to Train Your Dragon, Dragons: Riders of Berk, hasn’t been doing well on Cartoon Network’s lineup. The series recently moved from Tuesday nights to Wednesday nights. And they’re not doing well there either. So, and this is me doing some critical thinking, they started airing reruns on Saturday mornings after Clone Wars to try to siphon that series’ audience to watch that show. If audience numbers grow, Cartoon Network would more likely move the premiere of the new episodes to Saturday mornings after Clone Wars, probably in November. And by the time the series finishes its first season of 20 episodes on Saturday morning, DC Nation will return in its slot, and they’ll have an audience for Dragons when the second cycle of 20 episodes air.

Call me strange for thinking about this theory, but aside from declaring the programmers of Cartoon Network to be complete idiots, I have nothing else.

Just a theory, mind you.
    which sounds EXTREMLY solid as a reason more than anythingm the same person says he doesn't think it has anything to do with milestone rights because (as I also said) they pulled Green Lantern TOO.
    Last edited by krosfyah; October 26, 2012 at 07:58am.

Fear is faith in failure

That is a very realistic theory. I mean, they really, really pushed this Dragons show and if it doesn't go over as well as say Level Up they have to do something. But, here is the thought brewing in my mind: DC Nation was on Saturday mornings long before Clone Wars. Clone Wars actually followed DC Nation from Firday nights to Saturday morning. Now that Clone Wars is on Saturdays CN removes DC Nation, an already solidly established show and timeslot so that a new show can try and obtain some of the viewership that Clone Wars brings with it. In other words burn your nose to spite your face. If anything a move like this will lose viewership for CN because you will lose the DC Nation audience. Why not just move Clone Wars back to Fridays and have Dragons come on with it? I'd still watch Clone Wars on Friday night. Hell, if they moved DC nation back to Friday night I'd watch it there.
    Just because you put the brussel sprouts between the mac and cheese and the hamburger doesn't mean the kid is gonna eat it.
    Until now.

Clone Wars got moved with Thundercats, which I am not sure is even in reruns right now. I would have put a four show block of Star Wars, Dragon Riders, DC nation on Saturday morning. I have watched Dragon Riders the only thing I can think of is people are missing the show or it's just not going over with viewers. While the show is very much in a if it didn't come back I wouldn't be upset category it's still a fun watch.

That said still speculation, and Dragon Riders of Berk based on my DVR settings has no new episodes for the next few weeks either. I also don't see the network making such a last minute change for something like that. This sounds very very 11th hour type change, also with no Thundercats there is a 1/2 hour block that was previously there.

The big thing to remember though it's Cartoon network who has some of the strangest scheduling monkeys of all time. A show will be doing fantastic during the first season to be brought back under the radar with back to back daily episodes for a week to not finish airing episodes for months. Or a one new episode very couple of weeks scheduling which makes no sense what soever. My guess CN programming bot 3400 got the flu and needs a virus scan and reboot.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

They already had a 4 show block, Clone Wars, DC Nation and Ben 10. Even when they were on Fridays nights that was the lineup, Ben 10, Thundercats, Young Justice, Clone Wars and eventually Green Lantern. Sym-Bionic Titan was also in that mix for a little bit.

Who knows what CN is doing. Hopefully they won't mess around and get the show cancelled.
    Until now.

its annoying either way. great show and such a staggered schedule for whatever reason. even before the milestone characters they messed up the schedule.

Fear is faith in failure