Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

CN did the same thing with the 200X He-Man cartoon. They kept moving it around on the schedule, go for weeks between new episodes, and then it got canceled because CN said it didn't have the ratings. Well, duh!! How can you get an audience if you keep moving it around?

If there was ever a college course on how to schedule shows on a network, they would use Cartoon Network as an example of what NOT to do.
    "Everything comes to he who waits."

Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post
    CN did the same thing with the 200X He-Man cartoon. They kept moving it around on the schedule, go for weeks between new episodes, and then it got canceled because CN said it didn't have the ratings. Well, duh!! How can you get an audience if you keep moving it around?

If there was ever a college course on how to schedule shows on a network, they would use Cartoon Network as an example of what NOT to do.
    and what's really frustrating is WHY is it happening? The Shows where a hit! some one Emmy's! so, what's the Logical thing to do? Lets cancel it and run more adventure time! Doesn't make any sense what so ever..

yet these executives will probably make more bonuses this year for a job well done
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Well it looks like they are reporting on the KidsWB website that Young Justice will be back as a part of the Cartoon Network DC Nation block on January 5th 2013. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VZX View Post

Cartoon Network did the same thing to Sym-Bionic Titan. CN bounced it around the schedule a couple times and gave it a couple long gaps between airing any episodes at all. Probably to the chagrin of at least one CN exec (I'd bet for more), S-BT not only retained its audience it maintained competitive ratings as well.

Ultimately, CN used the excuse of "couldn't get a toyline" when the show was cancelled. Although it's a reason that doesn't make much sense as CN runs LEGO Ninjago and How to Train Your Dragon (neither of which they own) and never sees a red cent from merchandising. (I don't see LEGO or Dreamworks paying CN anywhere near the amount of money the merchandising of a show like Adventure Time pulls in, just to run the show).

I think CN bounced The Secret Saturdays around the schedule as well, it certainly had a couple breaks in episodes. CN officially has that show on "hiatus", just like the new ThunderCats series (I'm still hoping for a return of the new TC show, no hope for SS though).

Neither I nor my friend's DVRs recorded DC Nation this morning. Did this happen to anyone else or am I special?
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    Neither I nor my friend's DVRs recorded DC Nation this morning. Did this happen to anyone else or am I special?
    I can tell you that you're not alone. I'm having the same problem with my TiVo. I am having to manually set the shows to record or it misses them. I'm not sure why it can't tell that the episode are new. In any case, the do repeat the episodes tomorrow, so you can still catch them.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    I can tell you that you're not alone. I'm having the same problem with my TiVo. I am having to manually set the shows to record or it misses them. I'm not sure why it can't tell that the episode are new. In any case, the do repeat the episodes tomorrow, so you can still catch them.
    I know what you mean. My DVR is having some sort of problem were new shows are not being recorded. I don't care if I have to wait 24 hours to see Big Bang Theory or It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia but Clone Wars, Green Lantern and Young Justice are part of my late night Saturday routine. It will be sorely missed tonight after 2am. DC Nation for Sunday brunch? Maybe the start of a new trend.
    Until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Piccolo Daimaoh View Post
    I know what you mean. My DVR is having some sort of problem were new shows are not being recorded. I don't care if I have to wait 24 hours to see Big Bang Theory or It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia but Clone Wars, Green Lantern and Young Justice are part of my late night Saturday routine. It will be sorely missed tonight after 2am. DC Nation for Sunday brunch? Maybe the start of a new trend.
    I'm going to guess it has to do with something Cartoon Network isn't doing. Whatever it is that allows these units to know that an episode is new, is not getting through. These two shows are not the only ones with the problem. I also record Merlin and I have to do the same thing. Its annoying but at least I'm aware of it.

Heroic Warrior
    Great episodes for both shows, now I want the Princess Amethyst short to be it's own show, wasn't impressed with the ancient chinese batman/catwoman short though.

I LOVE the fact the last few eps have been about Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes) as he is my fave DC character EVER
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

AND it's cancelled. Cartoon Network kills another great show.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Oh man! Yesterday I saw last episode and I was regretting not having a Tigress or YJ: Tim Drake action figures
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    WTH? Link or it didn't happen...What the heck is cartoon network smoking? how many times can you reboot something before it gets boring? Just continue the damn thing already!

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/01/28/young-justice-green-lantern-tas-cancelled

never mind..found it. sigh. THIS is why I don't get invested in TV as much.. too many reboots, too may cancellations, too many series never finished with such potential. Executives are getting stupid, impatient, and greedy..and they are loosing their audience because of it.
    Geek Media -

This was a quality show. Why on Earth are they cancelling it?

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drakken View Post
    This was a quality show. Why on Earth are they cancelling it?
    I think you just answered your own question.

*sigh*
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Green Lantern axed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Hordaiquiri View Post
    I think you just answered your own question.

*sigh*
    Sad, isn't it?

Stupid...

Young Justice, IMO, has (for a while now) reached the quality level of anything that came before it in the DCAU. And Green Lantern was a pretty great show too.

Between this and (most probably) Tron: Uprising... I guess my dalliance with watching animated shows again has pretty much come to an end. Well, other than the occasional Adventure Time.
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Between this and (most probably) Tron: Uprising... I guess my dalliance with watching animated shows again has pretty much come to an end. Well, other than the occasional Adventure Time.
    you mean you won' be tuning into watch annoying orange?
    Geek Media -

I blame the break.

Having a break killed Thundercats and now it has done the same for YJ and GL.

Oh and the fact that Annoying Orange has his own show now is just horrid beyond words. I mean I thought they sunk to new depths of depravity and evil when TV execs gave Fred some movies and a tv series...but annoying orange????? URGH
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    you mean you won' be tuning into watch annoying orange?
    No.

No, I will not.

Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    It's a disappointment, but I can't really say I'm surprised, about YJ or Green Lantern. I've been enjoying both and would like to have seen them continue, but I think most recent hiatus was the writing on the wall.

I don't know what CN's issue is, but it's a network I'd rather part ways with. (But I freely admit I will watch Beware the Batman and Titans Go.)

In other (unsurprising) news, Clone Wars is continuing, but moving to another (presumably Disney-owend) channel.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

I'm disappointed AND surprised. WB lets them kill both their DC shows? With toylines being such a lost cause, I don't understand the "must have a toyline" BS now. I feel like toys AND cartoons are being taken away now and it's sad.

Meanwhile that awful Spider-Man show keeps going. Greg Weisman is cursed or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Thatman View Post
    In other (unsurprising) news, Clone Wars is continuing, but moving to another (presumably Disney-owend) channel.
    Good because I really want to give CN a dirty diaper to the face and knowing they'll now have nothing I care to watch (Ben 10 Omniverse sucks) makes that a little easier (I guess....not enough).

The only good news here is I'll never again have to accidentally here that damned "What Time is it" commercial again.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Meanwhile that awful Spider-Man show keeps going. Greg Weisman is cursed or something.
    In the next couple of years, Marvel shall rule with their cartoons in the same way they are now with their movies and let DC scratching their heads wanting to mimic them... so sad.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread