Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Yeah I agree. Young justice is awesome. Hopefully the new batman show will be good....how is adventure time I have never seen it.
    Feedback thread

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Formerly known as facelessone101. Now fisto power

Email facelessone@he-fans.org

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    In the next couple of years, Marvel shall rule with their cartoons in the same way they are now with their movies and let DC scratching their heads wanting to mimic them... so sad.
    I doubt Marvel will so long as they're canceling stuff like Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes. The curse of WB is they make great cartoons but then kill them off instead of nurturing them. Of all the rotten things to bring back, they give another shot to that awful Teen Titans anime junk! Agh.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I doubt Marvel will so long as they're canceling stuff like Spectacular Spider-Man and Avengers Earth Mightiest Heroes. The curse of WB is they make great cartoons but then kill them off instead of nurturing them. Of all the rotten things to bring back, they give another shot to that awful Teen Titans anime junk! Agh.
    Agree on Marvel. SSM and A:EMH were, IMO, by far the best cartoons Marvel has ever done. The new Spider-Man is a horrible step back in the wrong direction, and not much that I've heard about their other upcoming shows makes me think they've learned any lessons.

Disagree on Teen Titans. While I never fully embraced the animation, it turned into a really solid show - with surprising depth and mature themes.

Thank you Cartoon Network for killing off great shows. He-man, Thundercats and now Young Justice. I'm so glad they don't air the new TMNT cause that would get cancelled too for being a good show. The best thing CN has done in recent years was bring back Toonami. Now we're stuck with watching MAD and Annoying Orange and a million Ben 10 shows.
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    *Two-Badd*~Snake Armor He-Man~Tung Lashor~200x Sorceresss~Calix ~*Mantenna*~*NA Skeletor*~200x King Hisss~Ninjor
    *Icer*~*Batros*~*Shokotti*

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Agree on Marvel. SSM and A:EMH were, IMO, by far the best cartoons Marvel has ever done. The new Spider-Man is a horrible step back in the wrong direction, and not much that I've heard about their other upcoming shows makes me think they've learned any lessons.

Disagree on Teen Titans. While I never fully embraced the animation, it turned into a really solid show - with surprising depth and mature themes.
    Shame about Young Justice as it is such an awesome show. I hope it will at least complete the Invasion storyline with a use of the younger roster.

I didn't watch SSM but loved EMH. I am not a fan of the new Spider-Man show. I believe that the other Spidey show & Avengers got cancelled on the basis that Marvel didn't have full control on those shows which is why we are getting the new Avengers for 2013 (same case with Wolverine & the X-Men.)

Looking forward to Teen Titans show too. Although it is the DC Nation style. I think they did not recognise the support for the Titans was to bring back the original show.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I probably won't even touch that new Batman toon. It looks awful and has been fully changed for its original idea due to the theater shooting. Instead of taking advantage of what happen and use gun violence in their show to tell a story as to why guns are bad, they hide from it and change things around. That is why Gargoyles is still the second greatest cartoon of all time.

Anyway, that sucks about YJ, but I cannot say I am surprised. The 3 month hiatus out of the blue was a pretty good indicator it was being canned. Plus, it is Greg Wiseman.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    Cartoon network has always hated it's good action cartoons, I don't know why but they do, except for Ben 10...well not the new series it sucks but I liked the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post

I don't like Ultimate Spider-Man either, A:EMH was great and had "no reason" to be cancelled... However, new Avengers & Hulk shows are having a lot of buzz and support from Disney, plus movie success is helping them a lot.
    Personally, I have my doubts on those shows if they are going to share same USM universe and follow same tone on the stories, specially when things just happen poorly scripted and then a chibi SM pops up joking every 2 minutes; but iyt seems to be doing well since it's been renewed for a second season
    YJI stories were excellently well written and reminded me of some X-Files episodes, packed with super hero action. Sadly, I fear that it shall end abruptly in a condensed final episode in the same way as ThunderCats & A:EMH
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Cartoon network has always hated it's good action cartoons, I don't know why but they do, except for Ben 10...well not the new series it sucks but I liked the rest.
    Given at what they did to Ben 10 Alien Force during its third season, I think they hated that show too. I mean, they spent 26 episodes developing Ben's character, making him grow, only to then turn him back into a selfish snotty little brat for Season 3. Not to mention they go and make Kevin into Metamorpho to ruin his relationship with Gwen. It's like CN went out of their way to sabotage the show (and it worked, at least for them, I stopped watching it at that point and sold off all of my DVDs).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhanen View Post
    shall end abruptly in a condensed final episode in the same way as ThunderCats & A:EMH
    Thundercats didn't even have an end, it just left off.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Sad news. I really hoped that the good ratings would prove to CN and WB that the show deserved another season. While I wasn't a fan of GL at first the show, much like YJ, got much much better over time.

CN always cancels all of their good shows. That network is just horrible. This isn't really new news though. Their track record speaks for itself. The only show that they never screwed around with is Clone Wars...for obvious reasons.

For the first time in years, this fall there won't be a single show I'll be watching on CN. With YJ, GL, and A:EMH on DXD all being canceled; the only cartoon I'll actually be watching will be Clone Wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Instead of taking advantage of what happen and use gun violence in their show to tell a story as to why guns are bad, they hide from it and change things around. That is why Gargoyles is still the second greatest cartoon of all time.
    So I take it Filmation MOTU is number one since it had a gun violence episode almost 10 years before the Gargoyles episode, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bonehead View Post
    So I take it Filmation MOTU is number one since it had a gun violence episode almost 10 years before the Gargoyles episode, right?
    Haha, nope. My number one is Batman The Animated Series.

I don't recall He-Man ever shooting a main character and having them in the hospital nearly dying.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    It is really sad news about Young Justice. This and Avengers: Earths Mightiest Heroes were my favorite super hero cartoons in a LONG time. Sucks that these good shows always have to die a premature death. But like a few others said, I wasn't surprised. I felt like I could see it coming a mile away with all the delays and such.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    I'll tell you another reason GL and YJ are being canceled. Each show has characters with intelligence, while most of the shows that get renewed don't. So it seems (to me) that CN is catering to those whose IQs are smaller than their shoe size.

I would figure it has more to do with them being continuity heavy.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think Clone Wars is headed to Disney XD. It also hasn't been renewed for CN, but they are working on Season Six.

I'm not really surprised by the announcement. After all, how many great shows were cancelled by CN?

Masters 200X
    Justice League Unlimited
    ThunderCats
    Green Lantern
    Young Justice

In any case, I'm gone from CN as soon as Young Justice ends.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Well, with no Clone Wars, Young Justice or Green Lantern I find myself not really needing to watch Cartoon Network any longer. I mean, Disney XD and the Hub have all the rest of the super-hero shows, expecially the Hub. Looks like Disney, with their Marvel, Lucasfilm and Hasbro properties is just passing by WB and Cartoon Network. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think Clone Wars is headed to Disney XD. It also hasn't been renewed for CN, but they are working on Season Six.

I'm not really surprised by the announcement. After all, how many great shows were cancelled by CN?

Masters 200X
    Justice League Unlimited
    ThunderCats
    Green Lantern
    Young Justice

In any case, I'm gone from CN as soon as Young Justice ends.
    Justice League wasn't cancelled, actually it was on longer than expected. That's what Bruce Timm and the crew said when talking about the show. The first season of JLU was made with the idea that it would be the final season, that is why Superman breaks up the League at the end after they defeated Luthor-Brainiac only to be convinced by Green Arrow to keep it going:

"The World needs the Justice League and the Justice League needs you, Superman."

Then the final episode was Epilogue were they have the "Final" episode of Batman Beyond because they thought that was it. However there was one more season with Superman fighting Darkseid at the end only to be defeated by Lex Luthor who had found the Anti-Life Equation on the Source Wall.

All the others I will agree, they ended or will end before their time but Justice League/Justice League Unlimited was given a full run. Hell, the DC is still making movies about that Justice League. Justice League: Crisis on 2 Earths was written by Dwayne McDuffie as a bridge between Justice League and JLU. The only difference is it's Hal Jordan instead of John Stewart as the Green Lantern.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I don't know how it is business impact, but for example even here in a 3rd world class country like Argentina, it is easy to see a lot of officially licensed products like children backpacks, T-Shirts, raincoats, etc; from Spider-Man cartoon shows, some years ago Spectacular and now Ultimate; and Avengers movie. There also a lot from Ben 10, it even has 2 TV commercials
    Although, I never seen from Teen Titans nor Young Justice and even less Green Lantern. Only some from JL and Batman movies and very very few from Super Heroes, now with a weekly magazine. IMHO, there's the real reason why these keep getting cancelled, they are awesome, but they don't sell licensed products
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...-and-the-fans/

Bleeding Cool sez that Young Justice died because the toys failed at retail.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/01/...-and-the-fans/

Bleeding Cool sez that Young Justice died because the toys failed at retail.
    Not buying it. TG has said in Q&As (I think this particular one was with The Fwoosh) that they could incorporate the costume/character designs into the DC Unlimited or DC Signature line. If there's still the potential for toys out there, then it's just Cartoon Network being annoying ... again.

If it helps, there's currently a Change.Org petition to try and bring it back: https://www.change.org/petitions/car...nimated-series
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

After this and what they did to Thundercats, I officially HATE Craptoon Network!!!!! I hope if Master gets another run at a cartoon series, that it goes to a different network.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    they obviously don't know how to market their shows at all. they have such good stuff. well done. yet think it doesnt work? so frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    After this and what they did to Thundercats, I officially HATE Craptoon Network!!!!! I hope if Master gets another run at a cartoon series, that it goes to a different network.
    i'm still hoping for a hub aired, dreamworks produced he-man cgi series..

eurorko, i don't get it either.. the shows ARE popular..but every single one that works gets the axe for no reason at all.. i don't get it either.
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

CN is the new Fox. Or rather, CN is to cartoons what Fox is to live action tv.

Quote Originally Posted by eurorko View Post
    Nickelodeon and the Hub seem to know what they are doing.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Sad that these cartoons will always fall to the defeat of the Profit Principal...

If they don't cross sell successfully, they will not survive.

Another problem is that Marvel and DC themselves have come to the point of let's say a la Vince McMahon "If he didn't create it, he will kill it" (for all you wrestling fans out there).

The Mafia Mouse is on a rampage and is not taking prisoners; they are gonna take Clone Wars and air it on XD and will give CN a Lego Star Wars show.

Sadly for Young Justice, we also have the New 52 to blame for this: Continuity!!! The story lines were obliterated by the relaunch so these stories would not make sense to fans of the show who are not comic fans and may want to pick up a book. And we know now that the only cartoons made these days are ones that translate across the board (sadly) and thus why we now bid farewell to another potentially Great Show (Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers and Legion of Superheroes being others). Green Lantern.... well I love this character and can say the storyline as cool as it was, was not gonna pull a varied audience with it being as flat as it was, Truth. If it developed Hal throughout discovery of the ring and some Earth relate-able adventures instead of such a major space epic it may have more of a chance.

And one major point is and it's the unfortunate truth is cartoons aren't made for us in our late 20-40's anymore. Sadly most are dummied down, water filtered shows to again sell product on various levels and media; it's a business and the love has wandered off, where intricate story and depth are not a necessity.

After all this is just my opinion. Or maybe it's the stuff they are smoking in Atlanta.... (J/K no offense to my Hot'lanta peeps)
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....