Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Evil fears the Knight mattnotis's Avatar
    I really hope this show ends up on Netflix instant. I had a bunch of episode stored on my DVR but it took a dump and wiped everything out.
    Wabawalawoo!!!

well, that's the end of green lantern..

was that a blue or saphire ring that shot after him? the latter would make it rather easy to help in his search
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

Wow, great and touching twist. They've hinted Barry dying twice saving the world so Wally can takeover being the Flash, but Wally dies saving the world and Bart takes over as Kid Flash instead.

Great ending as well, even though they set up great things for another season with Darkseid.

Fantastic show that never even got the chance to reach it's peak.

Were those the final episode today? I thought the commercial said there would be new episodes next weekend. Even if they end these as they did, at least they got fitting endings.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

I wouldn't call them fitting ends, just not as bad as cliffhangers. I'm not usually violent, but if everyone at CN and WB who made these cancellations happen were to slip and fall on their teeth I wouldn't be so sad.

The Darkseid angle was hinted at way back in season one, so you know there had to be more there. I didn't go in much for the season 8 of Buffy as a comic but I think both these shows could use follow up series and I'd want to get them. Heck, I'd like Razer to get his own title.

I am still amazed that the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle doesn't have a movie or a TV show of his own yet. Granted WB would probably ruin a live movie, but in animation he's been excellent in two shows now. Time for a spotlight.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    I believe it was blue, as in he has "hope." Remember Saint Walker was teaching him earlier and hinted at him getting another ring to replace the red back in the earliest episodes. I was kind of expecting him to get a green one for the finale but I liked that he didn't since it would have felt forced. Honestly if they did a spin off show focusing on Razer's search for Aya instead of more Hal I wouldn't even care that this was canceled. Also loved Scar (hey, that was Superman 2's Ursa's voice!).
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Man that was a bittersweet ending to the show. While it was nice to see Blue once again get a major role it was totally overshadowed by then ending with Kid Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I am still amazed that the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle doesn't have a movie or a TV show of his own yet. Granted WB would probably ruin a live movie, but in animation he's been excellent in two shows now. Time for a spotlight.
    I couldn't agree more. But then I would agree because I am sure I have made it really obvious that the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle is not only my fave version of Blue Beetle but he is also my fave DC superhero ever
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

did anyone else know who that person running the battle was toward the end at the touch screen station?

also, have we ever actually seen wendy and marvin in this show? can't remember...
    Geek Media -

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    did anyone else know who that person running the battle was toward the end at the touch screen station?

also, have we ever actually seen wendy and marvin in this show? can't remember...
    You've answered your own question. Marvin was coordinating the battle. He and Wendy appeared in season 1 as classmates of Superboy and Miss Martian, along with Bumblebee and Guardian/Hornblower/Mal.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

It was a Blue. It represented how so unlikely it would be for Razer to succeed in finding a way to resurrect Aya, he still developed enough hope to try anyway.

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    I'm am disappointed that this is the last of YOUNG JUSTICE and GREEN LANTERN: TAS. I don't know what's wrong with the people running CN nowadays, it's like they hate any and all shows that have a continuing story {see also THUNDERCATS, SYM-BIONIC TITAN, GENERATOR REX}. Take upcoming TEEN TITANS GO! for instance -- they took through the effort of securing the voice actors from TEEN TITANS but instead of giving us a continuation of that show we're getting a comedy show that could never carry a story arc {or story arcs} like the original show did.

It looks like the golden era of DC T.V. animation may be over...

i wonder if they cancelled young justice to make way for teen titans? I never did care for the original of that. it was far too goofy for my tastes..
    Geek Media -

Heroic Warrior
    Well for a "goofy" cartoon there parts of the Teen Titans cartoon that were darker then Young Justice or Justic League ever got.

Truly sad that these shows are ending since they could've added these to the new shows they are gonna air.

Green Lantern: sadly never stood the chance as good as a show it was.... The ending.... Blue Ring.

Young Justice: another great show that became just another victim of BS!

I saw the preview for that Teen Titans Go and face palm myself, I know some are cross with the previous version but I actually liked that show and now they just ruined it with this puffy toony comedic approach..... Cartoon Network NO MORE! Level Up! SMH.....
    'Tis the wind and nothing more.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    Well for a "goofy" cartoon there parts of the Teen Titans cartoon that were darker then Young Justice or Justic League ever got.
    I agree on that, but looks like none of that is being imported to "Go", which further puts salt on some people's Young Justice wounds.

Young Justice ending left me extremely sad. Everything points out as Wally potentially coming back from the Speed Force (I hope so at least) and the war with Apolokolips and Darkseid.
    Also, since it has been shown in the memorial holograms, Ra's with the Light may bring back Jason Todd as Red Hood or Hush. Possibly with a better closure on Roy originally loosing his arm and what happned to the rest of the meta teens (Outsiders maybe?)
    So much potential for great stories and all truncated.

I do actually would have love to get 6" figures ith designs of Tim Drake, Cassie, Barbara, Zatanna, Deathstroke, Impulse and possibly others if they weren't as expensive as they were.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    As a whole, the series was great. For a series finale though, it sucked. It was rushed and left on another cliff hanger. I am so sick of cliff hanger endings. They BETTER!! finish the story with a DTV!!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemisythe View Post
    Green Lantern: sadly never stood the chance as good as a show it was.... The ending.... Blue Ring.
    Green Lanter was good? You must have been watching a different show than me.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Heroic Warrior
    The Green Lantern show was good, you must have been watching a different show Dr Kain.

Movie mayhem!
    Apparently they are going to do a Kickstarter for both GL and YJ... maybe Fans will get these shows back on the air

I have a feeling it will be a thanks for the effort but no.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon78 View Post
    The Green Lantern show was good, you must have been watching a different show Dr Kain.
    The show I watched looked poor (like toys instead of CGI), they gave the Red Lanterns personalities, took out their Rage, and the show was just boring.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Patreek View Post
    Apparently they are going to do a Kickstarter for both GL and YJ... maybe Fans will get these shows back on the air
    It has little to do with ratings or viewership. YJ's merchandising flopped with the toy line and never got going anywhere else. GL never HAD any merchandising. It's all about what the shows can sell for the WB. It's Static Shock all over again...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It has little to do with ratings or viewership. YJ's merchandising flopped with the toy line and never got going anywhere else. GL never HAD any merchandising. It's all about what the shows can sell for the WB. It's Static Shock all over again...
    That's why a kickstarter could work, a toyline subsidizes the show if the toyline fizzles we lose the show, but if fans pony up their action figure money to produce the show, we take that subsidy role over. Advertisers pay the rest with good ratings, or we get DTV DVDs. we shall see, but man, Greg Weisman makes BRILLIANT cartoons, he just can't get a decent run due to things outside of his control.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    That's why a kickstarter could work, a toyline subsidizes the show if the toyline fizzles we lose the show, but if fans pony up their action figure money to produce the show, we take that subsidy role over. Advertisers pay the rest with good ratings, or we get DTV DVDs. we shall see, but man, Greg Weisman makes BRILLIANT cartoons, he just can't get a decent run due to things outside of his control.
    I just can't imagine any way of it happening. The show has to cost around a million/episode, and even if the kickstarter was just going to subsidize a part of the production costs, I'd imagine it would have to make at least 10M (if not much more) to get a new season. I can't imagine that happening.

Movie mayhem!
    THey must see it as viable because its sounding like it is being concidered pretty seriously

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.p...ed-series.html

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    It's not so much a subsidy; it's more the way the WB looks at it. The show survives on ratings and ad revenue; Static was still doing well in the ratings when they axed it, but had no major licensing deals. The thinking is that the resources they put into show A without any major merchandising might be better used for show b which might have more merchandising with it, even if show a is doing fine in the ratings.

So a kickstarter campaign really doesn't address the concerns that likely ended the show. Mattel not completely blowing their approach to the YJ toyline would have had a major impact, I'm sure, as well as other licensing maybe feeding off a successful toy line.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman