Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    It's not so much a subsidy; it's more the way the WB looks at it. The show survives on ratings and ad revenue; Static was still doing well in the ratings when they axed it, but had no major licensing deals. The thinking is that the resources they put into show A without any major merchandising might be better used for show b which might have more merchandising with it, even if show a is doing fine in the ratings.

So a kickstarter campaign really doesn't address the concerns that likely ended the show. Mattel not completely blowing their approach to the YJ toyline would have had a major impact, I'm sure, as well as other licensing maybe feeding off a successful toy line.
    It's a strange model because they have other shows they keep going that have very little to ZERO licensing. I don't know. Maybe we should kick start a better thought out toy line for this series too! Mattel didn't seem to PLAN that line out much.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Considering how much I keep hearing about action figures being a dying or dwindling market and all, might that have more to do with the lack of success with selling toys than the marketability of the shows? If there's an audience watching, wouldn't it be better to find marketing that appeals to them rather than kill the show and create a new one that may or may not attract the audience that will buy the marketing you've already decided it should want? I don't know, I LIKED the YJ toys a lot, I wanted to collect the entire DC pantheon in that style rather than the happy-meal-looking JLU style. Didn't like most of the pack-ins until Amazo, and the hands were awkwardly posed, but otherwise they were sharp looking figures. GLTAS never had a chance after the GL movie bombed.

If there's any chance at all of kickstarter bringing these shows back, I hope it comes through. I don't want to be petty and wish failure on anyone, but from what I've seen of the new DC Nation shows, I won't be watching. Maybe someone at CN thinks that's the right direction though since I don't buy Ben 10 and Ninjago toys.
    Last edited by gbagok; April 5, 2013 at 11:11pm.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't know, I LIKED the YJ toys a lot, I wanted to collect the entire DC pantheon in that style rather than the happy-meal-looking JLU style. .
    I liked the 6" toys a lot, but they were very thin and cost a pretty poenny for what you got. they should have released them as single carded 6" figs, not with bases which must have added a lot to the cost prohibitive aspect.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I liked the 6" toys a lot, but they were very thin and cost a pretty poenny for what you got. they should have released them as single carded 6" figs, not with bases which must have added a lot to the cost prohibitive aspect.
    Oh I agree, those pack-ins on both scales were bad ideas. The dioramas were awful.
    Be sure to read Book of Evil Part 2: The Bells of Doom, only in the He-Man.org Fan Fic & Media forums!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...06#post3094406