Page 6 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    I have to believe that Dr. Light is involved somehow. He was a long-running foe for the Teen Titans years ago.
    That would make sense, but I wonder if they'd shy away from using him, given the development of his character in the comics? I realize that mass murderers frequently show up on cartoons, but Dr. Light has more or less been redefined by rape.

(Then again, did he show up on Teen Titans before/after/during Identity Crisis?)

I assume, since there looks to be, what - a dozen or so of 'the Light', that we'd probably get major Titans baddies - Deathstroke, Psi-Mon, Brother Blood, Dr. Light, Cheshire?, and maybe one villain each for the major heroes.
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

But Young Justice isn't exactly Teen Titans, so they may not go with just the TT heavies. Dr. Light seems like a good guess, but I suspect it's a looser collection of villains. I'm a huge Legion of Doom fan though and I hope Black Manta is in there somewhere.

Also, do we all assume that was Artemis's arrow and not Speedy/Arsenol's? She's taking a while to show up is all.

From what I understand Aqualad's father is Black Manta so having him as a villain would be very insteresting.
    I hope they do not bog themselves down by relying heavily on Teen Titan villains. I'd love to see Deathstroke the Terminator make an appearance but other mainstream villains like Bane and Amazo are a welcome addition and I hope they keep 'em coming.
    I hope that was Artemis's arrow. You see her everywhere in the Young Justice property except the TV show. Hopefully she will join soon. I'm sure she will bring a nice new dynamic to the team.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

I'm certain the arrow is Artemis'. The fact that this scene took place in Gotham... hmmm, could it be Stephanie Brown? (That is, if it's not Cissie as was previously leaked, but then denied.)

Anyone know a website where I can watch all the episodes?? Link?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by NSP View Post
    Anyone know a website where I can watch all the episodes?? Link?

Thanks!
    Try veoh.com, it's far superior to YouTube, don't have to watch things in 10min segments!

Quote Originally Posted by Zentron View Post
    Try veoh.com, it's far superior to YouTube, don't have to watch things in 10min segments!
    Veoh banned 90% of the world, if not more.

Last night's episode was quite good. While there are still cliches 'we have our inside man.' They told a better story then some of the just previous episodes.

Not sure who to say is the inside man, it could be Artemis, it could be Superboy (unknowingly), it could be Spee... Red Arrow, it could be any of the others or some invisible threat we aren't sure of yet. They could have expected the Justice League to reuse this base and have something inside their mountain.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

It's now looking like Artemis is actually Artemis Crock. Sportsmaster, her father, was in the episode with Bane. But why would Green Arrow lie about having a niece? Not sure what the angle is there, but it looks like Artemis will be the new Terra. Notice the title was Infiltrator. They threw out a quick line about the nanites being "infiltrators" but the title is singular.

Also, while I liked Cheshire's depiction, it was almost identical to Sai's/Katanna's in Crisis on Two Earths.

As Red Arrow, Speedy makes me think of Smallville's version of Green Arrow. I was sorry he and Cheshire had no scenes together.

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    it could be Superboy (unknowingly)
    That is my theory because of all the telepathy and mind control involved in his creation. Artemis obviously has secrets, but I don't think that's it.

I thought one of those silhouettes from "The Light" looked like it could be Ra's Al-Gul.
    Last edited by gbagok; February 12, 2011 at 03:52pm.

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Cheshire's two henchmen in this one - I assume the one with the webs was Black Spider? Who was the guy with the chain/hook arm? I thought it might have been 'the Hook', the guy who killed Deadman. Or Sickle?
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    That is my theory because of all the telepathy and mind control involved in his creation. Artemis obviously has secrets, but I don't think that's it.

I hope one of those silhouettes thought like it could be Ra's Al-Gul.
    That is what I am leaning towards also, I think Artemis is the setup response. Of course, being obvious isn't bad it's all in how you deliver it.

I also see as an extension of Superboy the all kind of inadvertently become the inside man with how frequently they are using Martian's Girl's telepathic link.

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

I think Artemis is far too obvious.

I'm going with Red Tornado - but not that he's aware of it.

He's the only one always there that Megan isn't ever telepathically linked to, and we've already been introduced to his creator - who could easily have all kinds of spyware and viruses inside Reddy.

I was thinking that might be option, but I didn't know much about Red Tornado to make that assessment. Looking into his history, he was original designed to infiltrate the Justice League in his silver age appearance. Which makes him a likely candidate.

*edit*

and

**spoilerish**
    Big badtoys just released figures two packs for pre-order Ras is packed with cheshire.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think Artemis is far too obvious.

I'm going with Red Tornado - but not that he's aware of it.

He's the only one always there that Megan isn't ever telepathically linked to, and we've already been introduced to his creator - who could easily have all kinds of spyware and viruses inside Reddy.
    yup this is what i thought as well
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

http://geek-news.mtv.com/2011/02/15/...stice-figures/
    pics of the toys, some of those characters haven't shown up yet.

Having grown up with cartoon shows that had good theme-intros, and even looking back at JLU theme or Teen Titans theme, I would have hoped that Young Justice could have a more memorable theme tune.

Anyone read the comic? Some possible other "traitors" per that story.

I missed last nights episode. Actually I caught the very last couple minutes, with Dr. Light's helmet being placed on a shelf.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I missed last nights episode. Actually I caught the very last couple minutes, with Dr. Light's helmet being placed on a shelf.
    It was Dr. Fate's helmet, not Dr. Light.

It was pretty good, I tend to like it when they feature magic. I liked that they used this older version of Klarion the Witch Boy instead of the campy toddler from the real Young Justice comic. He always seemed like a good nemesis for the teenaged heroes. I didn't like him sounding like Lexington the Gargoyle though. The late Stephen Wolfe Smith who voiced him in the old Batman show was greatly missed.

I'm guessing Kid Flash will realize he likes Artemis just in time for her to die or disappear or something.

I finally caught up on the episodes I'd missed of this over the weekend. It's a pretty good show. I really like the look of the animation but still find some of the characters a tad unlikable. Even though I love their comic counterparts, I think Superboy & Red Tornado are real jerks in this. I also feel Aqualad is pretty bland for a leader. He comes off as an alien in the way that he talks. I'd almost chalk that up to him being from Atlantis but Aquaman didn't have that problem in the pilot.

I really liked the most recent episode since I'm a huge Dr Fate fan. My one issue with the episode is that they went on a mission in plain clothes. I hope that doesn't become a common thing. I like my superheroes "old school"; secret identities, strong code of ethics, and colorful costumes. Leave the non-costume wearing heroes to Marvel Comics or live action TV shows like Smallville. It's bad enough Superboy just wears jeans & a t-shirt these days. I'm assuming Wonder Girl will dress similar when they finally bring her on.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I'm guessing Kid Flash will realize he likes Artemis just in time for her to die or disappear or something.
    I read where someone thought Artemis might be this team's version of New Teen Titans' Terra(it might have even been in this thread). I'm starting to think they may be right.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; February 27, 2011 at 10:43pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

This past episode was great! Especially for Aqua-fans! Appearances by Mera (pregnant with Arthur Jr), Garth, Tula, Topo (!!!), Lagoon Boy, Lori Lemaris, Orm (... and Ocean Master... a separate person or does Orm have a secret?!)... excellent! Aaaaaaand...

Artemis IS Artemis Crock! Will she become a villain? Still undetermined!

I was just about to bump this when I got distracted by a few other threads in the Other section.

I have now come to the conclusion that I don't like Aqualad. He is just a boring guy(or at least has a boring voice actor). I like his power & don't mind his look(although I don't like the gills on his neck), but I hate his voice & manner of speaking. Every other Atlantean character came off better in that episode. As a huge Aquaman fan, I'd have been more excited for this episode if I didn't know that Aqualad will be the character from that family of characters that Young Justice will focus on. I hope Black Manta kills his son instead of Aquaman's.

Maybe it's because I grew up with Filmation & Hanna Barbera, but I like my characters to be likable. So far, Robin, Kid Flash, Miss Martian, and Artemis are the only ones I can stand. They not only have me disliking Red Tornado, Speedy, Superboy, and Aqualad, even Superman is kind of a jerk on this show. I hope we see some character development soon. If I wanted to watch a bunch of unlikable teens, I'd tune into Gossip Girl or One Tree Hill.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

The voice actor is the same one who played Cyborg in Teen Titans. And to be honest he was much more animated vocally in that.

So I think the issue is just they way they decided to characterize him. I think the picked the wrong voice for someone who is supposed to be mild and laid back and thoughtful as they are trying to make him.

The last episode was the best so far. LOVED seeing the Aquafamily! Actually, Aqualad and Miss Martian are my favorite members on the team. I like Artemis & Kid Flash. I'm still trying to warm up to Robin & Superboy.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"