Page 9 of 30 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Young Justice Cartoon

Two packs of Aquaman and Aqualad
    http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/p...62&mode=retail

Batman And Robin

Can be purchased, I haven't seen them in stores yet but then I also never saw GLC series 1 but every store in town has series 2.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post

Batman And Robin

Can be purchased, I haven't seen them in stores yet but then I also never saw GLC series 1 but every store in town has series 2.
    aren't there supposed to be 6" figs?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    We're all just going to have to agree to disagree. This show just isn't for me but I'm glad that some of you like it. I'm hoping I'll like Thundercats more. If I don't, I'm just going to blame Cartoon Network since it will be 0 for 3 with my liking their shows.
    Are you saying there ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy. There's only you and me and we just disagree.
    Hey, I blame CN for a lot of things. Hopefully this show will be back soon so we can talk more about it.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post

Batman And Robin

Yeah, they are online at BBTS and a couple other places (I actually broke down and ordered the two-packs from BBTS), but they haven't hit retail stores anywhere yet. The weird things is that BBTS doesn't even have the single-carded figures up for pre-order yet. TheFwoosh did a First Look on them so they are supposed to be coming. Maybe they put all their big push into the GL figures hence the delay.

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    aren't there supposed to be 6" figs?
    There are two scales - the 4.25'' figures that are supposed to be a sort of spiritual continuation of the JLU line (but that match the slimmer look of YJ) and then the 6'' line sculpted by the 4H that are supposed to fit in better with DCUC. The first two figures in that line are Robin and Artemis.

I never got into JLU. The articulation was a turn off. But I actually really like the design of the YJ characters. And I think the smaller figures best represent that. Also, I really like the Collect and Connect Hall of Justice and the fact that you have the potential to have a ton of characters in the line.

We're all just going to have to agree to disagree. This show just isn't for me but I'm glad that some of you like it. I'm hoping I'll like Thundercats more. If I don't, I'm just going to blame Cartoon Network since it will be 0 for 3 with my liking their shows.
    do you like comedy cartoons? i think adventure time, regular show, and the amazing world of gumball are good.

Well, there will be a Young Justice panel at ComiCon, so at least we'll know more about it soon:

http://www.ugo.com/tv/comic-con-2011...rage-and-panel

Those kids, they grow up so fast. I mean, did you see the first season of Cartoon Network's Young Justice? DC fans went wild for the first they saw of the series at both San Diego and New York Comic-Con 2010, so imagine the frenzy at San Diego Comic-Con 2011!

What might we see? A sizzle real for the second season? New character designs? Crossovers with Batman: The Brave and the Bold? A man can dream. Find out by checking out the panel on Sunday, July 24th at 10am in Room 7AB! And just who will be there to guide us through it?

Why certainly producers Brandon Vietti, Greg Weisman, and lead character designer Phil Bourassa!

More updates will arrive, so keep it here for all the latest heroic Young Justice news from Comic-Con 2011!
    Got my two YJ two-packs form BBTS today! I have to say, I like these figures. They aren't perfect by any means. My favorite part of the figure is probably the character design. And these figures capture them much more faithfully than the larger figures. There's a nice solidity to them that I like. The thinner arms on Robin and Aqualad are a bit bendier than the adult League members, but they are squishy or floppy. The paint apps on mine are very crisp and well done. There are a lot of cool details you don't necessarily notice at first.

That being said, the negatives are that they really should have come with an accessory. Maybe the retail will be less, but for what I paid for them it doesn't seem like you're saving money with the two-packs. The stands are nice, but it worries me they aren't coming with the single-carded figures. Batman and Robin stood up well, but Aquaman (and to a lesser extent Aqualad) had trouble standing on their own. There's something about Aquaman's center of gravity that's hard to make him stand up without the base. The only other negative is the pose they are sculpted in. There isn't much range of movement in the legs, so they aren't that moveable. The ball-jointed head allows for some expression, but it's not much. So it looks a bit weird when you start getting them all together and they are all posed the exact same way. Also, it does seem a bit odd looking when you put a weapon in their hands because of the angele they are holding it. The sword I put in Aquaman's hand isn't bad, but I think guns or something like that would work very odd.

Pics:

Last edited by JonWes; June 30, 2011 at 11:47pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I just read online that the 10th episode was released for a few days on Cartoon Network before it was taken down. If that's true, is this Cartoon Network doing something similar to what networks do when they want to burn off unaired episodes of a canceled TV show?
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I just read online that the 10th episode was released for a few days on Cartoon Network before it was taken down. If that's true, is this Cartoon Network doing something similar to what networks do when they want to burn off unaired episodes of a canceled TV show?
    You keep posing questions that hint at doom for this show!

They've already renewed it for a second season, and the first has about 20 episodes so it is only half way through. I don't know what games CN is playing. I get the feeling that no shows are all that safe on there except for Ben 10, but this one doesn't seem like it should be in trouble (unless the "disappointing" returns of Green Lantern has begun the death of all WB/DC productions that aren't Bat or Super).

I think the release of the 10th episode was just a mistake. They seem to have made the decision to not have the show return VERY late in the game. Again, I REALLY think there are a couple things going on. The release of the figures has been very delayed... maybe due to the amount of Green Lantern product Mattel had to get out. So I think they are delaying for that. Not to mention they are having a panel at ComiCon. You don't have panels there for shows you are "burning off" episodes for. Also, I still think it's possible they are going to pair Thundercats and YJ together... although I'm confused as to whether Thundercats is going to launch as a series in July or if they are just showing the initial extra-length first episode and the series will come later.

Here is a clip from Episode 10. Spoilers in white: (Conner and Megan meet up with Marvin and Wendy from Super Friends season 1 and Mal Duncan and Karen Beecher/Bumblebee!)

It's odd that CN is holding back both this and the last of Batman Brave and the Bold. Is there a new exec with a grudge against WB/DC? Filling the gap of no YJ with the last episodes of B:BatB seems like it should have been ideal.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I knew I recognized the black girl from Teen Titans! That hairstyle is unmistakable!

Was that kid Snapper Carr?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

No it's Marvin White, one of the the two civilian teen sidekicks from the first season of the Super Friends cartoon and recently revived in the Teen Titans comic. The girl is Wendy Harris.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Was that kid Snapper Carr?
    He sounded like he might have been older than the students(or maybe that was just me), but that was Snapper Carr.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wonderboy_JMB View Post
    No it's Marvin White, one of the the two civilian teen sidekicks from the first season of the Super Friends cartoon and recently revived in the Teen Titans comic. The girl is Wendy Harris.
    http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f3...nds-73_l13.jpg
    Not Marvin, the other kid who snapped his fingers...

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Mightiest Mortal Captain Marvel's Avatar
    Definitely Snapper Carr -- he's probably one of the teachers as Carr tagged along with the JLA as a teenager.

It makes sense in a story where M'gann & Conner want to attend a 'normal' school that the JLA would pick one where Snapper Carr could surreptitiously watch out for the two Young Justice members.
    Last edited by Captain Marvel; July 11, 2011 at 10:59pm.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Not Marvin, the other kid who snapped his fingers...
    Totally missed that! Good call!

Boy do I hope Superboy gets killed off soon. He makes Superboy Prime seem likable.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Boy do I hope Superboy gets killed off soon. He makes Superboy Prime seem likable.
    Well I like him. Though I do think he'll die (and get resurrected later, with possibly a different personality).

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    did they ever even air this episode. I don't even remember this story and it bites that I haven't seen it. I can only remember 9 different episodes, count ing the1 hour starting movie as 2 seperate episodes, and I only remember seeing Miss Martian with green skin. If they haven't aired this one yet in america I am ticked. I even have this show seasoned passed on my DVR and only delete the episodes I have already seen.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Storyline, Bionicle, & Star Wars Models in the links below:

My LEGO Network Page
    LEGO Creator 2D Gallery
    LEGO Creator 3D Gallery
    LEGO Bionicle Gallery
    LEGO Star Wars Gallery

It was on Cartoon Network's site for a short time, and then they must have realized it was on there and the episode wasn't going to air in the US any time soon, so it was taken down. It hasn't aired on US TV yet.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

I love this clip. It's like giving someone who loves crackers but hasn't had one in 3 months a quarter of a Ritz cracker. I love that they are finally calling him Conner Kent and Megan looks great as a human. She looks like she did when she was restoring Superboy's memories in the Bereft episode.
    A journey that began long ago in a place neither near nor far…
    A story of heroes, passed down through the ages…
    Until now.
    This is our story. These are our heroes…

Here are some pics of the single-carded figures.

I have to be honest, I'm starting to find the line a little frustrating. I never thought I'd say this, but the one articulation point I really miss on these figures... is a wrist joint! Their sculpted pose just makes it REALLY awkward when they try to hold anything. You can usually find one pose where the accessory looks good, but that's about it. It's a shame because I like the figures otherwise. I like the variety of sizes to the characters and the animated look. You'll notice in my Kid Flash pic that one of my Hall of Justice pieces was malformed. That's not very fun.

Overall, I enjoy these figures for what they are. I'm not totally convinced they are worth $10 though. After the first three waves and once the HoJ is finished, I plan to just pick and choose characters. Also, this scale needs some girls, stat. I know Black Canary is coming soon. I wish Chesire hadn't been pushed back. I hope Artemis and Ms. Martian comes sooner rather than later.

You can see larger versions of all of these here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/3104563...7627104588389/

Heroic Warrior
    I saw this figures for the first time today at a Target. They look nice. I didn't get any because they were $9.99 (no tax)(american dollars). To exepensive for my blood. I don't care if it came with a collect and connect Hall of Justice.

Back of card is nice. Even tells what figures are coming out next.

New update on the show from Greg Weisman (YJ Creator)

S1 is pretty much done, just receiving finishing touches. S2 1st half is getting ready, S2 2nd half is still on the backburner.

Anyone in the mood for another YJ Update?
    101-109 - Aired
    110 - Previewed at Comic-Con
    111-118 - In the can.
    119-121 - In post-production.
    122-125 - In animation.
    126 - In layout overseas. Final color models going out today.
    201-204 - In storyboard.
    205 - Recording this tomorrow.
    206 - I'm editing the script now.
    207 - Waiting for notes on the outline.
    208 - Have to write the outline.
    209 - Have to read the writer's draft on the outline.
    210 - In outline.

As before, we don't have an official pick-up on the back ten episodes of Season Two, but we've been given the go ahead to break the stories:

211-212 - Beat Outlines completed.
    213 - We're in the middle of breaking this one on index cards.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback