Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nov 15th Matty FB Update: New Checkout not ready till 2011, MOTUC sales baseline

Nov 15th Matty FB Update: New Checkout not ready till 2011, MOTUC sales baseline

From Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by MattyCollector on Facebook
    Hey Toy Fans,

A quick update for everyone. I know my team discussed improvements to the ordering process in November that would involve a sign in screen and other updates to streamline and massively reduce waiting time (I'm looking at you Toy Guru!).

The short story is we ran a test of the new procedures and it wasn't working 100%. The last thing we want to do is launch something new and not have it work or even backfire. Like that would look good!

Now we hear testing will be complete by the end of 2010 and we hope to launch the new features early in 2011. Our goal has always been to make the buying process as easy as possible, and while not every month has gone perfect, we are working extremely hard behind the scenes and we should have results soon.

In other news, the MOTUC items continue to sell out! Which means after two full years we have a pretty good idea of our baseline fans. This helps a lot in long term planning. We knew from day one that for an online toy line to work we needed a baseline of fans who would buy any figure. Sure there will be pickers and choosers but a baseline is essential for the longevity of any online product line!

Speaking of which, this month will also be a test of the JLU line. We've offered a lot of product for JLU. We need a baseline for this line as well to continue it. So if you are a picker and chooser, we cry out to pick up the Parademons! For a line like JLU to continue, fans really do vote with their purchase. So if you haven't gotten these fan demanded figures yet, now is the time!

A lot more great stuff is coming in 2011. Look for some reveals online and in Toy Fair magazine over the next few months leading up to NY Toy Fair in Feb 2011!

It's going to be a great holiday season and start of next year.

See you online and in the toy aisles!

Matty

PS: Peter with the Proton Stream and No-Ghost Base is on sale now but running low. Head on over to Mattycollector.com to add this essential Ghostbuster to your crew!
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Doesn`t really surprise me one bit

Surprise, surprise.

Coming soon: we will be cutting the line back due to logistics.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

same BS as usual.

WOW! They never tell us the truth. What makes me believe them now??
    Currently Looking for:
    MOC:
    Dragon Walker with tattoo he - man MIB.
    Parts I need:
    Zodak Calves, Feet and Loin Cloths.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Hey Mattel, I really AM a mushroom.

All this feeding me crap and keeping me in the dark has resulted in TREMENDOUS growth!

No surprises here. Two years and still having problems giving us an ordering method that is less that teh sukk?

Hear that? It's the sound of none of us being surprised.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Get it fixed in time for the Guards!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post
    This. Pleeeeeaaaaasssssssseeeee, this!!!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

The short story is we ran a test of the new procedures and it wasn't working 100%. The last thing we want to do is launch something new and not have it work or even backfire. Like that would look good!
    How is this any different from a site that was launched back in July '08, a site named, gee what was the name again, MattyCollector ?

I think I can summarize here:
    1. Throw Scott Neitlich under bus for no reason.
    2. Our terrible web portal still isn't ready; insert bald lie about giving a* *bleep* about buying process -here-.
    3. MOTUC sell out too slowly (longer than 15 mins) so we're making fewer from this point on. Casual fans, apparently defined here as anyone not buying everything, can suck our butts.
    4. On that note, buy all the DC stuff or we're cancelling it all.
    5. Finally, we're ignoring the selling problems and hope you enjoy the migraine our Cyber Monday cluster****.

wait......what.......hahahaha!

Well when they do put the new system into effect it better uhm backfire.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Quote Originally Posted by misterbigbo View Post
    So Scott is throwing Scott under the bus
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

wait a minute! I thought Toyguru WAS Matty... I mean Toyguru always KNOWS where Matty is whenever we need him...

Now this sounds BAD... hinting that we MUST buy EVERYTHING or they kill teh liens seems a bit like a Bully demanding money for "Wedgie protection" and then he's most likely to give you a Swirlie instead.
    Last edited by DO4M; November 16, 2010 at 10:44pm.
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    So Scott is throwing Scott under the bus
    Since the FB post said "I'm looking at you Toy Guru!", and I don't think Scott speaks in the 3rd person, I don't think he threw himself under any vehicles of any kind...

Quote Originally Posted by misterbigbo View Post
    2. Our terrible web portal still isn't ready; insert bald lie about giving a* *bleep* about buying process -here-.
    3. MOTUC sell out too slowly (longer than 15 mins) so we're making fewer from this point on. Casual fans, apparently defined here as anyone not buying everything, can suck our butts.
    4. On that note, buy all the DC stuff or we're cancelling it all.
    5. Finally, we're ignoring the selling problems and hope you enjoy the migraine our Cyber Monday cluster****.
    Post of the day!
    Last edited by Larry Waters; November 16, 2010 at 09:37pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    this Facebook post is a joke ,

Quote Originally Posted by Tallstar View Post

Now you know that won't happen. It will be fixed after the guards are released, conveniently, since they "scared" a lot of people into a subscription.......the traffic flow will be heavily reduced, and then they'll clamor how well their new system works......without admitting it's because of less people needing to log into the site.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Wow a lot of skepticism which from my first experience with Matty, it seems to be justified.

Mattycollector seems to have at least 95% of their customer base utterly ****** off at him. His credibility when it comes to good will also appears to be in the gutter.

I have never ever heard of a business with a loyal following of customers who utterly hate it

If I were them, I would at least try to improve the public image even if it does nothing financially just for the sake of dignity and pride or is it just about the $$?

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    The call to buy the parademon set smacks of desperation! plus its two identical figures!

though that said, BBTS has it already listed at $39.99...wish em luck with that!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    Since the FB post said "I'm looking at you Toy Guru!", and I don't think Scott speaks in the 3rd person, I don't think he threw himself under any vehicles of any kind...
    So just like when he does the pr until its wrong then its someone else

It is being said in jest, unless you think they actually pay a fictional character

Wow! I am SO glad I don't need anything from that site for until the Royal Guards! Cyber Monday is going to be beyond crazy!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    So just like when he does the pr until its wrong then its someone else

It is being said in jest, unless you think they actually pay a fictional character
    I just figured that FB had someone from PR posting, not necessarily Scott...that's all.

Wow that's terrible. A lot of crap in this one.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Well we'll just have to see what happens a guess...
    Growing old is mandatory but growing up that's optional.

My biggest problem with the whole statement is that Matty's bragging about having a strong baseline of buyers for MOTUC, and they know how they're going to plan the line...I don't recall reading anything about Filmation rights (or something that at least says they're looking into interesting ways to expand the line.)

Just tell me why Mattel had to own and run this line, please tell me why, why why!!!???

I can see now how this line will make through year 2016, yeah right?
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.