Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow delayed, Vikor moved to January

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    AWESOME!!! Great News

I don't care for Conan, because he wasn't in any filmation cartoon so I'll save my money to BOW in Feb. And I hope the stupid server of mattycollector.com will be ok by that time.

Would have preferred Bow but its only one month. Would have also preferred not to have the POG sticker on this figure, wonder if I could peel it off and put it on He-Ro, probably not. Like the bio apart from the last sentence about him being in the Eternian archives.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    MERCI TOY GURU MERCI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.birdlife.ch/f/media/saemangeum3bis.jpg
    Does that dude on the right have a cross up his butt? Just throwing that out there.

I'm cool with this news. I'm getting both anyway and I thought Bow was better suited as a Valentine's-ish character. Peace.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Digital River, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good customers or bad. Why we ordered, or why we passed. All that matters is that many stood against the WSOD. That's what's important! Orders please you, Digital River,... so grant me one request. Grant me Vikor on sale day! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

whateves.... don't care what month they come out...as long as they come out...
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

The figure looks amazing!!! I guess I can wait another month for Bow. That card back is a Preternia battle royal!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

awesome news! ...

'the he-man of the north' is really going to fit in well in the cold january weather! ...

he looks really cool on that card ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

USE YOUR ILLUSION

great news. vikor looks awesome! i may have to change my display to have him battling gygor and then have tytus battling two or three evil guys nearer to his size.

i'm just seeing vikor vs a giant gygor as more visual appealing than "the two big guys fight each other" i have set up now. =P

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Digital River, I have never prayed to you before. I have no tongue for it. No one, not even you, will remember if we were good customers or bad. Why we ordered, or why we passed. All that matters is that many stood against the WSOD. That's what's important! Orders please you, Digital River,... so grant me one request. Grant me Vikor on sale day! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!
    That's pretty witty.

Too bad I don't care about this figure, or Bow. Bring on the Guards and Shadowbeasts, though!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    This was the best post of the day. Period. Amazing!
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Disappointed here...

She-Ra's full DVD boxset is put end of January so it makes sense to have bow as the February figure. I'd imagine there would be an insert promoting him- it's a good way to bring more people to Matty, so it wouldn't surprise me if this contributed to the decision to swap him. Vikor means nothing to retro She-Ra fans...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Vikor rocks!

I do think they should no longer advertise what months the figures are planned for at SDCC. It just seems to create confusion or annoyance. Better that they simply show the figures and tell us they are in the sub early in the year. Then when things are closer to being figured out, they can start the reveals. That's just my humble opinion.
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Heroic Warrior
    I don't mind waiting another month that much, been waiting this long. And really, Bow could shoot me with his arrow anytime and it would still be just as good!

I do love that he's coming near Valentines day now, that is pretty awesome.

I guess that's a cool looking figure now that we see it in all its carded glory but Vikings never had horns on their helmuts. That always bothers me to see.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    They put "The Fighting Foe Men" in the bio! Ha!

Looking at this one as purely "prototype He-Man," I actually dig that nod to the original toy line name.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    I guess that's a cool looking figure now that we see it in all its carded glory but Vikings never had horns on their helmuts. That always bothers me to see.
    Agreed about that, I went to the Netherlands this summer and all the helmets with horns for sale got really annoying at first but if I guess if they don't mind the misinterpreted history why should we?

Wonder if the helmet comes off?

Quote Originally Posted by Tilt View Post

Wonder if the helmet comes off?
    I don't remember where it was said exactly, but the helmet is not removable.
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

Wasn't all that excited about Bow but very eager for Vikor here.

so is his battle cry "By the Power of Crom?"

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    Ah, but the original design for He-Man, who was dubbed Vikor, did have horns on his helmet.

Plus, he's not technically a Viking. He lives on Eternia.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLiger View Post
    so is his battle cry "By the Power of Crom?"

It is as far as I am concerned!
    "I SHALL WARN YOU BUT ONCE, EVIL ONE--SPEAK TO ME THE TRUTH 'ERE MY BATTLE AXE FINDS A PLACE TO REST 'TWIXT YOUR FOWL EYES!" -He-Man.

The bio and the Powers of Grayskull sticker on the package just made me a lot more excited about this figure!

Heroic Journalist MldMnrdReporter's Avatar
    By Crom...er....Procrustus, that figure is fantastic!
    Gwildor: Moo? Moo.
    He-Man: Gwildor!
    Gwildor: I'm going, I'm going...Moo!

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    I hate this!!! I know Bow is pushed back by 1 month, but the Princess of Power and New Adventures lines barly have any figures (one each). I was all set to see him as a late x-mas gift.
    I really try to stay positive, but now I'm a little bit diasappointed too because I was very much looking forward to Shadow Beast and Bow in Jan. and they both got pushed back now, but luckily only one or two months. Same goes for the Palace Guards and the Faceless One (another one I'm really excited about). And then there is Roboto's shoulders and other quality issue etc etc. I'm just a bit annoyed with Mattel lately.

But on the bright side we know we do get Bow, one other POP character AND Swift Wind in 2011. And King Hiss, BA Skeletor, Panthor and who knows what other characters later in the year. Which keeps me collecting and happy.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Vikor: Who are you?
    Bow: [jumps to his feet] I am Bow! Rebel and archer! I am Etherian... the great order of Brightmoon!
    Vikor: So what are you doing here?
    Bow: Held up until February.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)