Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow delayed, Vikor moved to January

Quote Originally Posted by shantustarsun View Post
    Who are the "Fighting Foe Men"?
    That was the original name that was gonna be used for the toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Flor2099 View Post
    I love everything about the bio! Now this is what MOTUC is all about.
    Gotta agree here! That is one GREAT bio!

And Bow for Valentines, plus Vikor kicking off the new Year and winter season? Yup, a perfect fit.
    – No comment.

This is depressing news to me. I was really looking forward to Bow being out in January. I was going to buy a second Bow to display with the alternate head - and another one for a friend and get to combine the shipping with the Eternian Guards. Now I can't combine shipping like that. BOO!
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Yet another delay for a POP figure. This is getting a little out of hand. I am really becoming dissatisfied with this line as of late. Vikor is just as bad as Disguised He-Man. I'm not shelling out $30 a month so my walls can be lined with He-Man variants.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

They should give us Bow's bio too. Type it out Mattel.

i guess i can handle an extra month waiting for Bow.

interesting on the back with the figures; they got 6 nicely related figures from this time (more or less), finally making progress with building up sub-groups

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by LostIt2Bostik View Post
    Yet another delay for a POP figure. This is getting a little out of hand. I am really becoming dissatisfied with this line as of late. Vikor is just as bad as Disguised He-Man. I'm not shelling out $30 a month so my walls can be lined with He-Man variants.
    Disguised he-man is pretty bad... but since I don't get subscription, that's pretty much what I hope for in exclusives. Something different and interesting.. but in no way integral to the series.

Vikor isn't a He-man variant. He's a completly different character who doesn't look anything like he-man. No Power Sword... no vest... He doesn't even re-use the He-man Ax like they PROBABLY should have

Man-at-arms is pretty close with the Sorceress, and in MYP seems to know Adam's secret before even Adam did... If it's revealed that HE was once Grayskull's champion to keep the castle safe... would HE become a He-man varient?

Quote Originally Posted by shantustarsun View Post
    Who are the "Fighting Foe Men"?
    Is the Eternian version of the Crazy 88!
    My Feedback

The fortress of mystery and power!

It's hard to tell from the picture, but is the point of the shield flattened? I know they can't make them really pointy, but I didn't think they had to make them flat.

I am looking forward to Bow and Hiss the most, but one month is no big deal. Vikor is ok, his weapons/details are really well done.

Court Magician
    Good, I can get a nice looking figure for my b-day now.

I'm actually pleased with this news (with the expense of xmas, January will be tight) and I have no interest in yet another He-Man variant so i'm happy enough to wait another month for Bow

Eventhough I can't wait to get Bow, I don't mind this change one bit. I'm glad Bow gets all the attention he needs to be as good figure as he can be. And Conan will be a very welcome addition to my work cubicle. (to fight the yellow gorilla)
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Vikor isn't a He-man variant. He's a completly different character who doesn't look anything like he-man. No Power Sword... no vest... He doesn't even re-use the He-man Ax like they PROBABLY should have
    He's still based on the original concept for He-Man, regardless of what name is on his packaging or what the bio says. I also recall Mattel saying that he'd come with a blue half sword, and that those blue He-Man weapons from the first weapons pak are intended for his use.

I do think he's a really cool looking figure, but i'm much more interested in getting Bow.

I love that "He-Man of the north" line.

Dang Bow was only figure that interested me since August, this is one long stretch to the next figure.

AWESOME. Very much looking forward to 'em! Glad to have him moved up (though I'm still looking forward to Bow). I really like his bio, as well! I still might change it up for my own story, but I like what they've done so much that I'm not completely sure, now! I dunno what it is, but I love the idea that this tough sucker was out cleaning up the rest of the Snake Men. Great idea!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Since we're getting Conan, can we get Red Sonja?

Heroic Warrior
    I think the fans the character shouldn't really feel too badly, the Faceless one was moved back as well..it happens.
    Last edited by Uncle Montork; November 17, 2010 at 06:25pm. Reason: Response no longer needed.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    Bow would indeed be cool as a Valentine's day release...
    if he was released in January so he would be in time for it!

I like both figures a lot and want them both as much equally,
    so the switch isn't that bad to me
    but on the other hand it's pretty sad because POP fans now have to wait an additional month for a figure.
    Let's hope 2011 has a lot more POP in it! (looks at the 4 female figures and hopes 3 will be POP).
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

That figure looks okay, but absolutely nothing like a He-Man classic i'd want.

More confirmation of being glad I bowed out of the subscription for 2011.
    Horde Lord

I'm very happy that Vikor is coming out sooner. He's actually the one character I've been looking forward to the most since the SDCC reveal. I find myself getting more excited about new/prototype characters than all of our old favorites for MOTUC. I'm so happy that this franchise is expanding rather than staying the same.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Eldor, Spinnerella, Mermista, Peekablue, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Battle Ram, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted for Filmation Sub: Madame Razz with Broom, Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Rather have Bow than Conan... I mean Vikor.
    Quote Originally Posted by sephron13 View Post
    Yeah, that's ok. I'm mildly disappointed, just because Bow looks so amazing and I am looking forward to expanding my MOTUC POP collection, but Vikor also looks really awesome, and what's one more month, eh??
    Yeah one month is nothing,heck we waited 20+ years for this line.

But I Really dont like the Conan figure, it was the only SDCC reveal that I totally ignored (I loathe hoodie He Man too, but I see that as a freebie,so dont care as much).

I personally think that the Monthly figures should be strictly updates of the vintage figs. and save the left of field characters (Marzo,Conan,Carnivus etc) for the quarterly a list slots!

Bring on february.

ka

(ps, I REALLY love Carnivus and Marzo,and am glad to have em, Not impressed at all with Conan!)
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Bow's a POP figure of course he's delayed! but it's just a month extra to wait and I can have a cheap January because I'm not buying Vikor.
    MOTUC Top 5 Wish List
    Mermista : Peekablue : Perfuma : Queen Angella : Spinnerella

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm really sad we have to wait even LONGER for Bow, but it is cool we'll get him as a Valentine's gift.

Also, maybe he was held up because something was backwards on him or something. As long as he's assembled correctly when we get him and he comes with all his accessories, I'll be happy.

I have a question about Vikor I haven't seen asked anywhere: Why is Vikor's real name Vikor?

I'm not a fan of most of the "real names" but if anyone deserved a real name...it's Vikor. They're telling us some woman named her baby Vikor. REALLY?!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

HAPPY JOY!!!

I can't wait to get my new Conan!!!
    This figure looks cool and now I don't have to wait as long!

IMO A much better figure to kick of the new year with than Bow!
    At MATTYCOLLECTOR.com, 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL'...UNLESS it's in THEIR ADVANTAGE to not be...

Feedback Thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=185599

Find me on Facebook!
    http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/...00003950889698