Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Bow delayed, Vikor moved to January

cool figure, I want him really bad. I've always wanted a badass conan figure, and the mcfarlane ones are shatter-if-you-look-at-them, immovable lameness. This to me, IS a conan figure. Call him Vikor if you want but as the picture shows ... he IS conan. Frank Frazetta's interpretation of conan to be exact.

compared to

maybe I am just restating what everyone already knows, but it's not slight similarities we are talking about here.

I for one welcome he-man's originating character Conan to the line. I've loved his super violent, womanizing, magic-hating ways for a long time.

Now if we can only get Thundarr the Barbarian in there somehow ...

Last edited by Stickfa; November 18, 2010 at 02:53am.
    Religion = The Horde
    Atheism = The Great Rebellion

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    But seriously, Is anyone else just going to call him Conan and be done with it?
    Ive been callin it Conan since I 1st saw it! that wont Change!

Maybe someone clever can create a replacement front section that says 'Conan Heroic Rip Off of Eternia'

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

He looks awesome and that is bio is actually one of the best ones Ive read!! And the real name is perfect!!!
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Stickfa View Post
    cool figure, I want him really bad. I've always wanted a badass conan figure, and the mcfarlane ones are shatter-if-you-look-at-them, immovable lameness. This to me, IS a conan figure. Call him Vikor if you want but as the picture shows ... he IS conan. Frank Frazetta's interpretation of conan to be exact.
    Yep yep!
    And good image reference, Stickfa!

Still not fond of this figure in MOTU,
    but it's a great way to get Conan fans to rush over and buy this sucker up.
    I hope they made extra of him!
    He'll be in demand just for that fact alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Wouldda been fun if for his real name they had taken Mark Taylor and put it through their classicizing machine.
    I was expecting his real name to be Flyrtynwyth Dyzaztor. Anyone?
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRandor82 View Post
    Who wants to bet the Fighting Foe Men will wind up comprised of several prototypes that never made it to the original vintage line?
    That works for me!
    And maybe there is a hybrid beast/man race of ram-head-like warriors (i.e. Prahvus' race) that partly or wholly make up these Fighting Foe Men, and maybe Vikor and his fellow Warriors of the North, are in a constant battle with these FFM and when they slay one of them, they chop off the tips of their horns to use as tokens and affix them to their helmets to intimidate the rest of them...

And maybe one of the FFM was in fact Demo-man, who was from another, yet closely related, hybrid race, that allied with Prahvus' and his warriors...

Or maybe he was from the same race as Prahvus, but has become even more savage and stopped shaving all of his hair off like the others, after he was captured by a group of rogue Northern Warriors and was tortured for some time to be made an example out of, having both of his horns completely removed, before he was eventually able to escape, which left him with a burning contempt for his own kind – and on his own side – for not coming to his rescue...

And eventually, Vikor, the most respected and civilized of the still savage, Northern Warriors, is the one who ultimately sacrifices his own life in order to kill the raving Demo-Man, whose now ever-tortured soul, then awaits caught between the dimensions of life and death, until the day, far in the future, when he is destined to be resurrected and merged with the fatally wounded Keldor... Enter in...Skeletor!

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I am curious about one thing though. This thread has kind of a mixed reaction, so I just wanna know: How many of you actually want Vikor as much as you want, say, Clawful or Mekaneck?
    I do! Believe it or not, I think I actually want him more than Clawful or Mekaneck!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    I am curious about one thing though. This thread has kind of a mixed reaction, so I just wanna know: How many of you actually want Vikor as much as you want, say, Clawful or Mekaneck?
    I want Vikor way more than either Clawful or Mekaneck which are pretty low on my must have list. On a scale of 1 to 10, Vikor's like a 10 as to how much I want the figure, while the others are a 2-3. Bring on Vikor!
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

In an Island off the coast of The Evergreen Forrest
    totally happy with this!!!Vikor just RULES!!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Come on, BC, you're failing me!!! LoL

Do we REALLY believe that Bow was just not ready?

I would bet a good sum of money that something REALLY bad happened with the carded, finished figures (forgotten second head or weapons, switched hands, messed up ball-jointed wrists, who knows?), and perhaps Mattel DID catch it and have them sent back.
    If it got to the point that a WHOLE RUN was finished, turned out to be screwed up and had to be done; then surely the delay would be a lot longer than a month...

Sucks that Bow won't be available until Feb... (AFTER V-Day!) oh poopie!
    At least We're getting Conan... Bio's a bit lacking though...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    If it got to the point that a WHOLE RUN was finished, turned out to be screwed up and had to be done; then surely the delay would be a lot longer than a month...
    Oh I don't know. Maybe it was just a minor flaw.

Like having his arms in his leg sockets.

Or being packaged with Buzz-Off's head.

You know, the kind of stuff Mattel doesn't make a fuss about.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    I posted a question on Matty a couple of weeks ago asking about when we would see Bow packaged and with Bio, Catras Wrath responded by saying that they had not received the packaged samples yet and that they would post pics as soon as they arrive

The sample hasn't come in yet from the manufacturer, rest assured as soon as he arrives then photos will be put up online.

Keep watching the news section!

Catras Wrath
    my guess is that Both Bow and Vikor samples came in, but they spotted an issue with Bow.

A quick call to Hong Kong and they catch the problem, but It means a delay in shipping final product, so they swap Bow and Vikor!

Lets face it, they dont need two 'Robotos' in the space of two months!

Just guessin but I think it fits!

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    Oh I don't know. Maybe it was just a minor flaw.

Like having his arms in his leg sockets.

Or being packaged with Buzz-Off's head.

You know, the kind of stuff Mattel doesn't make a fuss about.

maybe the Vendor packed the sample with the 'cartoon Head' on the body, instead of the Vintage head, If thats the issue then Im all for him being held up!

If they went against the established 'Vintage presentation in Bubble' system now, that would set a nasty contradiction to all the past TG statements! IMHO

(Ps. If i do decide to open Conan I shall also have him left handed, so the manacle and chain are visible!)

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 18, 2010 at 07:42am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    That works for me!
    And maybe there is a hybrid beast/man race of ram-head-like warriors (i.e. Prahvus' race) that partly or wholly make up these Fighting Foe Men, and maybe Vikor and his fellow Warriors of the North, are in a constant battle with these FFM and when they slay one of them, they chop off the tips of their horns to use as tokens and affix them to their helmets to intimidate the rest of them...

And maybe one of the FFM was in fact Demo-man, who was from another, yet closely related, hybrid race, that allied with Prahvus' and his warriors...
    They could also make Fuerza-T the FFM! That might be cool.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Now that would be something! However, I'm hoping the FFM are Alcala creatures like the Obelisk warriors.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    That's my hope! I really want some of them made.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

Wahoo!!! Vikor for January! Now that's starting off in the right foot.

Vikor rules as to me he represents a very respectful nod to the origins of He-Man namely Frazetta who then inspired Mark Taylor enough to make a toy that changed the world.

I would prefer this to be the bio rather than a story but I am just over the moon we have a Frazetta figure.

Yup, I think referring to him as a Frazetta figure is more fitting!

Last edited by Eamon; November 18, 2010 at 09:35am.
    Selected art prints now available:
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    They put "The Fighting Foe Men" in the bio! Ha!

Looking at this one as purely "prototype He-Man," I actually dig that nod to the original toy line name.
    No, he will always be Conan in my mythos, but why complain about when we get him if you have the sub you were getting both him and Bow anyways. Their months switch big friggin' deal, get over it.

@Stickfa
    Just give him Grizzlor's axe and you have a perfect carbon copy of that picture. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Still not fond of this figure in MOTU,
    Agreed. Still it seems like a lot of the orgers are into it. If I didn't have a sub, I'd probably pass and I've only passed on Tytus and Gygor.

For those who do not want Vikor in their MOTU, may I suggest you use him to make Randor's ancestor from that Filmation episode, not Time Corridor, the other Season two one.
    Somebodies knows what I am talking about right?
    www.eamonart.com

Luigispice:

I don't think he fits in MOTU, but I still think he's a really cool Conan figure. I think a number of us here like him just for that.

Heck, if anything, it's a good way to reach fans of Conan. Maybe increase the interest in MOTUC a bit more?
    If the word hasn't been spread to the Conan fan forums, I hope someone will.

Wouldda been fun if for his real name they had taken Mark Taylor and put it through their classicizing machine.

EIDT: Reading the bio again, I'm thinking the end of it is indeed a nod to Mark and the guys who started the line, especially since Mark left Mattel after the first year of MOTU.
    That was my impression also

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Atkin View Post
    That was my impression also

oooooooh yeah! Nicely spotted Mern-Ra!
    www.eamonart.com

Quote Originally Posted by JVS3 View Post
    Luigispice:

I don't think he fits in MOTU, but I still think he's a really cool Conan figure. I think a number of us here like him just for that.

Heck, if anything, it's a good way to reach fans of Conan. Maybe increase the interest in MOTUC a bit more?
    If the word hasn't been spread to the Conan fan forums, I hope someone will.
    The Conan forums are well aware of this figure and are worried about the WSOD of day of sale.

Reading the bio again, I'm thinking the end of it is indeed a nod to Mark and the guys who started the line, especially since Mark left Mattel after the first year of MOTU.
    If so, then that's really cool.

Heroic Warrior
    This bio is nice and simple, I like it... No confusing stuff