Page 1 of 24 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

Fighting Foe Men discussion

WHAAAAAAAT?

(If you don't know what i'm talking about read the new Vikor bio)

"Fighting Foe Men" was the original (one of a few) working title for the motu toy line.

Vikor = He-Man
    Demo-Man = Skeletor

And Beast Man was a monkey-bear with red fur.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

why did you post that pic?

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    would like an answer to who the Fighting Foe Men are. Are they barbarians, humanoids, shadow/demon creatures or what?

Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    would like an answer to who the Fighting Foe Men are. Are they barbarians, humanoids, shadow/demon creatures or what?
    I think ToyGuru will answer this with "Keep reading the bios!"

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Called Red Beast...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Oh great, now we have Foe-men in MOTU. Ever since I started putting together my own MOTUverse, I've been calling Mer-Man's race the Foemor. Now everyone will think I got the name from this bio!
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

After I posted this in another thread, I realised maybe it was more fitting here?

Anyway, here's my take on the Fighting Foe Men:

Maybe there is a hybrid beast/man race of ram-head-like warriors (i.e. Prahvus' race) that partly or wholly make up these Fighting Foe Men, and maybe Vikor and his fellow Warriors of the North, are in a constant battle with these FFM and when they slay one of them, they chop off the tips of their horns to use as tokens and affix them to their helmets to intimidate the rest of them...

And maybe one of the FFM was in fact Demo-man, who was from another, yet closely related, hybrid race, that allied with Prahvus' and his warriors...

Or maybe he was from the same race as Prahvus, but has become even more savage and stopped shaving all of his hair off like the others, after he was captured by a group of rogue Northern Warriors and was tortured for some time to be made an example out of, having both of his horns completely removed, before he was eventually able to escape, which left him with a burning contempt for his own kind – and on his own side – for not coming to his rescue...

And eventually, Vikor, the most respected and civilized of the still savage, Northern Warriors, is the one who ultimately sacrifices his own life in order to kill the raving Demo-Man, whose now ever-tortured soul, then awaits caught between the dimensions of life and death, until the day, far in the future, when he is destined to be resurrected and merged with the fatally wounded Keldor... Enter in...Skeletor!
    – No comment.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    "Fighting Foe Men" was the original (one of a few) working title for the motu toy line.

Vikor = He-Man
    Demo-Man = Skeletor

Love the fact that they had multiple names sitting around... and decided 'HE-MAN' was the best of the bunch

Wonder if the Fighting Foe Men are a bunch of rabid Alcala creatures like the guys from The Obelisk mini-comic, maybe ruled over by the Red Beast.

It would be nice if the FFM are manipulated by the "Unnamed One" just as the Snake Men were.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

i think it's rad that they took the original name for motu and wove it into vikor's background who was the original concept for he-man.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    would like an answer to who the Fighting Foe Men are.
    They are a splinter group from an ancient Eternian battle force called the Fighting Fee Men. The Fee Men were defeated in a great battle and their kind spread across Eternia. They resurfaced many years later as the Fighting Fie Men. Once again, they lost a great battle and were broken up yet again. The Fighting Foe Men are the last remnants of the original force banded together for one last ditch effort for glory.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    They are a splinter group from an ancient Eternian battle force called the Fighting Fee Men. The Fee Men were defeated in a great battle and their kind spread across Eternia. They resurfaced many years later as the Fighting Fie Men. Once again, they lost a great battle and were broken up yet again. The Fighting Foe Men are the last remnants of the original force banded together for one last ditch effort for glory.
    Love it.

Does that mean we get to look forward to the Fighting Fu Men at some point?

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    I think we have the "Fighting Fum Men" to look forward to (Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum )
    ~RK
    ".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Heroic Warrior
    Could be Lodar, Geldor, etc.

If they belong to the past...

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Does that mean we get to look forward to the Fighting Fu Men at some point?
    Quote Originally Posted by Starshine View Post
    I think we have the "Fighting Fum Men" to look forward to (Fee, Fi, Fo, Fum )
    The Fighting Fum Men?! That's just silly...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mechthild View Post
    Oh great, now we have Foe-men in MOTU. Ever since I started putting together my own MOTUverse, I've been calling Mer-Man's race the Foemor. Now everyone will think I got the name from this bio!
    Lol. I don't think anyone else in the world will care what you call your toys or where you got the name.

I will say though that every time I see your name, I read it as "Meth child" instead of "Mech thild."

Why not just call the the Foo Fighters! Oh wait! That's taken!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Wonder if the Fighting Foe Men are a bunch of rabid Alcala creatures like the guys from The Obelisk mini-comic, maybe ruled over by the Red Beast.

It would be nice if the FFM are manipulated by the "Unnamed One" just as the Snake Men were.
    I'd love figures based on those monsters. I'm not sure who I'll have Vikor fight when I get him. Hopefully Hasbro will have released their Frost Giant by that time.

Potential Fighting Foe Men candidates:

- Fuerza-T characters

- Obelisk & Alcala warriors

- Ninjor? (well he had to be plucked out of time and space from somewhere. Why not the wilds of Preternia?)

- Demos and Terella, the evil warlords from Masks of Power toon

- Red Beast concept character

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    I'd love figures based on those monsters. I'm not sure who I'll have Vikor fight when I get him. Hopefully Hasbro will have released their Frost Giant by that time.
    Great! Feel free to voice your support in the Obelisk warriors thread.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Obelisk
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    After I posted this in another thread, I realised maybe it was more fitting here?

Anyway, here's my take on the Fighting Foe Men:

And eventually, Vikor, the most respected and civilized of the still savage, Northern Warriors, is the one who ultimately sacrifices his own life in order to kill the raving Demo-Man, whose now ever-tortured soul, then awaits caught between the dimensions of life and death, until the day, far in the future, when he is destined to be resurrected and merged with the fatally wounded Keldor... Enter in...Skeletor!

See, this is how I feel about it. Demo-Man vs Vikor battle to the death. Demo-Man has been waiting around in some kind of limbo for centuries awaiting his chance to revenge himself.

I like it.

Evil Witch of Metternia Met-Hild's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Man Walking View Post
    Lol. I don't think anyone else in the world will care what you call your toys or where you got the name.
    You don't think anyone in the world is going to care what I write in my fan fiction? Well, thank you so much for your confidence!
    The artist formerly known as Mechthild

Please check out my MOTU revision fan art, and fan fiction: Metternia bios and history & myths.

Now also on DeviantArt: http://osmatar.deviantart.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Potential Fighting Foe Men candidates:

- Ninjor? (well he had to be plucked out of time and space from somewhere. Why not the wilds of Preternia?)

Great! Feel free to voice your support in the Obelisk warriors thread.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Obelisk
    See, about Ninjor, I think he and Zodak are from the same dimension or "race" in as much as they are humans, with skeletor feet.

I think since I mentioned it, that even though they suggest that Zur is from Eternia, I think that he is orriginally from elsewhere, like Ninjor, since ninjor was brought from another dimension.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i think it's rad that they took the original name for motu and wove it into vikor's background who was the original concept for he-man.
    Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Who would be a part of the Fighting Foe men- Red Beast, Demo-man, but who else?

a merman type chracter,
    a stratos like chracter
    who else?