Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

I saw them go for just under £50 here in the UK (a pre-sale technically) although a lot of sellers have them listed for around £75 as a Buy It Now etc.
    The Lurkiest

**Scott please make me a Staghorn**

Heroic Warrior
    To get them here in Europe, you have to pay about 110$, depends on customs. I don't think, you'll get your money back, when the first preorders went clearly below that price point. When the second hand market gets flooded with the sets, the price will go down further like the Star Sisters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jeevesosiris View Post
    I saw them go for just under £50 here in the UK (a pre-sale technically) although a lot of sellers have them listed for around £75 as a Buy It Now etc.
    Ebay sellers have to rely on unexperienced buyers. We know, that every subholder will get a set. If we assume, that 50% will try to sell them, you have several thousands of sets on the market. To put this set in the regular sub is a bad thing for people, who don't want this figures.

I like hearing that FFM are going cheap. I have my one set coming, but I would love to get another. If they drop down to $25 for the set, like I've seen the Star Sisters... that second set would be a steal!

I expect $50 is more likely, and that will be more than fine for me.

Quote Originally Posted by No-Ah View Post
    I like hearing that FFM are going cheap. I have my one set coming, but I would love to get another. If they drop down to $25 for the set, like I've seen the Star Sisters... that second set would be a steal!

I expect $50 is more likely, and that will be more than fine for me.

Just as long as you're not one of those people that then has an issue with people then trying to make a buck off of some thing either, thus giving the whole "scalper" rant and so on. It's all give and take.

If you don't have a problem getting some thing for cheap on one end of the spectrum you shouldn't have a problem paying for some thing either.

Again, not saying that this is you, but your comment just made me think about a "certain type" of collector which doesn't understand the economics end of the business and is ALL about them and how they can constantly benefit at some one else's expense.

Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    Just as long as you're not one of those people that then has an issue with people then trying to make a buck off of some thing either, thus giving the whole "scalper" rant and so on. It's all give and take.

If you don't have a problem getting some thing for cheap on one end of the spectrum you shouldn't have a problem paying for some thing either.

Again, not saying that this is you, but your comment just made me think about a "certain type" of collector which doesn't understand the economics end of the business and is ALL about them and how they can constantly benefit at some one else's expense.
    I've never had a problem with anyone charging market value for something they want to sell. I've only sold on Ebay once. I took what cost me $80 and sold for almost $600, so no complaints here!

Now, that doesn't mean I would agree to pay a premium if the item isn't worth it to me. I've still not spent over $50 for any He-Man figure and can't imagine ever going up to $100. If someone can get $150 or more for a Fisto, they would be crazy to sell it for less.

Let me put it this way: Not this month (too much I have to buy already) but at some point this summer I may look into getting a second pack of the FFM. If I can grab it for $50, I'll consider myself to have done well -but I won't complain if it's less! However much it costs, it won't put me in the market for any of the $100 plus 7 inch figures. Why would it? I could get a Hot Toys figure for that price.
    Last edited by No-Ah; May 6, 2013 at 04:55am.

Heroic Warrior
    It's human nature to want a deal on something. When I'm in the market for some thing I look at market price then see if I can score it lower. If I can great, if I can't then I determine if its market value is worth it for me. Some thing are(MakeToys Green Giant), some things aren't(Motuc Teela,Sorceress,Fisto). So ill wait and search for the great deals on the latter while the former(no pun intended) currently sits on my shelf.

In the case of the FFM since it's such an undesirable product that will soon flood the market I think it wise to wait and score it for cheap. For this product I'd wait as long as a year or more, they are going to be around a long time.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    It's human nature to want a deal on something. When I'm in the market for some thing I look at market price then see if I can score it lower. If I can great, if I can't then I determine if its market value is worth it for me. Some thing are(MakeToys Green Giant), some things aren't(Motuc Teela,Sorceress,Fisto). So ill wait and search for the great deals on the latter while the former(no pun intended) currently sits on my shelf.

In the case of the FFM since it's such an undesirable product that will soon flood the market I think it wise to wait and score it for cheap. For this product I'd wait as long as a year or more, they are going to be around a long time.
    Agreed. It's bad for the sellers, but nobody can blame a fan, who wants the stuff as cheap as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjjer View Post
    That really depends on what Mattel does with DOS. Mattel dictates where the values will go more or less on these things depending on DOS product. Will there be DOS on the FFM? Yes, they've already stated so, but how much will be the question since they did offer the subs. again which would make DOS product from this point on smaller since it was taken from that.

While I do agree that the FFM will never skyrocket regardless of what happens with the DOS since there's a bunch of people that simply don't want them or want to pay that kinda money I don't see the set hitting the kinda lows that the Star Sisters hit.

#1, It's simply not as bad of a set as the SS in regard to demand.

#2, There will with out a doubt be less of them out there since the 2013 run was less then the 2012.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Riddle of Steel View Post
    That really depends on what Mattel does with DOS. Mattel dictates where the values will go more or less on these things depending on DOS product. Will there be DOS on the FFM? Yes, they've already stated so, but how much will be the question since they did offer the subs. again which would make DOS product from this point on smaller since it was taken from that.

While I do agree that the FFM will never skyrocket regardless of what happens with the DOS since there's a bunch of people that simply don't want them or want to pay that kinda money I don't see the set hitting the kinda lows that the Star Sisters hit, #1 because its simply not as bad of a set as the SS in regard to demand and #2 there will with out a doubt be less of them out there since the 2013 run was less then the 2012.
    No but being such a niche product, even by MOTUC fans, it will always give the buyer of this set the advantage. One could buy the whole collection and still haggle and wait out the Star Sisters, SDCC Molar set and the FFM. They are just the stinkers of the line that a buyer could afford to walk away from and not think twice about it if the price isn't right. Personally I wouldn't pay more than $40 shipped for them and wouldn't care enough to haggle with a seller and wouldn't mind the hole in my collection, even if there were only 1000 to go around. For SS I wouldn't go higher then $30 and SDCC no higher then $20 shipped.

I'll be taking a $30 loss on mine after shipping and fees I'll be glad to see the back of them!

The recent eBay UK auction ended at £47.00. Take away 10% eBay fees (not even counting Paypal fees) and that's £42.30. $75 is around £49, so they didn't even sell at cost (not counting the shipping and custom fees the seller will incur when they are shipped from Matty!

I just cannot wait to see the back of them when mine arrive! Thanks to them folks are paying $60 for Mantenna at BBTS They are just HORRIBLE figures that leave such a bitter taste!
    The 12 figures I still need: 12/Spinnerella, 11/Peekablue, 10/Squeeeze, 9/Lizard Man, 8/Gwildor, 7/Filmation Clawful, 6/Imp, 5/Mermista, 4/Dylamug, 3/Tung Lashor, 2/Filmation Hordak, 1/Queen Angella.

I truly think they are a great set of figures, but seeing them for sale for $81 on Matty is a hard pill to swallow. As a subscriber we get them for $75 which is still a lot, buy psychologically it is much less daunting than $81. I don't think many fans who didn't subscribe will be buying these from Matty. The FFM are some of my most wanted this year but man that price is high. It's a shame Mattel doesn't discount multi-packs.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    It's a shame Mattel doesn't discount multi-packs.
    It's really unheard of.

Anyone think it's weird that these guys aren't on BBTS? At least not that I can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Lentzquest View Post
    Anyone think it's weird that these guys aren't on BBTS? At least not that I can find.
    They probably don't really know what to price them at with out loosing their shirt so they're just gaging the market. Not to mention they really aren't the type to change prices every 2 seconds once they list some thing.

Unfortunately for them, due to so many other people selling them below cost they're up the creek. It's one thing for a guy to sell ONE or TWO sets, taking a small hit, but for some one to take that sorta hit on 50+ hurts....

Just checked Matty, I didnt realize they are listed at $81...
    Justice, Truth, Honor and Loyalty!

Zenon Reviews!

Yikes...$81 really?! That's a bit crazy! That is like Granamyr money! Mattel definitely knew what it was doing when it opened up the sub for these guys.

This is the only way to move these 'fail' figures out. Mattel will likely end up with a ton of them leftover thanks to that hefty price tag! I hope I can sell mine for a reasonable price.

I actually don't have a problem with the Fighting Foe Men, though the 3-pack is too expensive for me to plunk money down on right now.

For people who want to sell off their extra sets, it looks like it might be a better idea to split up the three figures and sell them for $30ish each. Seems to be working for people here on the market place.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by goluphi View Post
    For people who want to sell off their extra sets, it looks like it might be a better idea to split up the three figures and sell them for $30ish each. Seems to be working for people here on the market place.
    I agree... Splitting the set up is the best idea for selling them...

Fighting Foe Men Talon fighter pilot has heman new sculpt face!! Duel purpose?????

Hey guys
    just got the the FFM today and ive found my Talon Fighter Pilot has a new sculpt heman face..Looks to me more like the orginal heman vintage face..What u guys think? The Vizor was removable too!...Possible new heman head on its way???
    Also noticed on the Roton Pilot figure that hes practically NA Skeletor! Maybe these fiwo fygures were produced as they helped tool parts for these two future figures?he.JPG

Is it possible they simply re-used the NA He-Man sculpt for this guy? Check out Pixel Dan's review of NA He-Man and compare, then let us know!
    Take it easy,
    Drew

Looking for: deals on MOTUC Roboto, King He-Man, Meckaneck, Zoar (from Sorceress) and more!
    Have to trade: A couple MOTU vintage, GIJOE (vintage 3.75 inch and 25th Anniversary figures and vehicles), Star Wars, Transformers (movie line), and Marvel Universe and a few Marvel Legends, plus MORE!.

darthdrew13's B/S/T

People said that about Vikor and Vykron too, but I don't see it.
    Maybe Marzo as an archenemy was the biggest thing to happen to Mekaneck, but as far as Marzo was concerned...it was Tuesday.

Heroic Warrior
    The mouth looks to be a dead giveaway that it's not any of the He-Man variations used so far.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    It's a completely new sculpt, but they might use it for "Oo-Larr" the He-Man of the Jungle. I mean, all figures get new head sculpts, but since this one is hidden with the visor, I could see them re-using it.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    The mouth looks to be a dead giveaway that it's not any of the He-Man variations used so far.
    You got it.

Dawg-O-Tor is a unique, new sculpt.
    NA He-Man is a unique, new sculpt.
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog