Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

i want this pack too so badly but take them out from the subs and im sureee the subs will grow!!!!!
    i will get it yes or yes but a lot of people dont want to get this guys cause they are too expensive and they will not be able to sell them!((((((((((((((
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

One of the big issues I have is that these 3 packs have appeared in the subscription in the first place. Every other large scale item has been introduced outside of the sub first. Vehicles deemed not worthy to be part (I'd rather be paying $75 for that awesome Battle Ram). I have no problem with concept characters being thrown in. I love Vikor, don't mind Demo Man and even bought a Vykron for the tank gear. But their price was far more palatable. I'd be fine with the FFM, but spread them out rather than strong arm people into being lumped with them in one hit.

Heroic Rock Warrior jdscissorhands's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have NO problem with this three pack. I definitely want it.

I do have a problem with the fact that Scott just didn't plan this out well.

Why use the FFM as a Sub Lure? Same issure with King He-Man. He's fine. But did he or the FFM make anyone rush to his or her computer to subscribe?

I doubt it.

So I'd like to know the logic behind these items. Why were they a better choice than the 3 Rock Warriors? Or a Horde Trooper 2-pack? or Angella/Glimmer/Kowl? Or Saurod/Blade/Gwildor?

I'm not saying "NO FFM!!" HECK NO!! I'm just saying, "why was the FFM thought to be a good lure?"
    Exactly what I thought when these were revealed... I didn't get how these characters could lure people!

I also think that this three pack is too early in the line. Had they given people a Horde Trooper or Rock People multipack, Mattel might have triggered a more positive reaction...

Don't worry, they're going to sold out fast enough as Spector.
    And really I prefer more their original (vehicle) insignias, over the horde ones which are just too plain for new characters.
    Last edited by Teitan; July 25, 2012 at 10:33am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I have NO problem with this three pack. I definitely want it.

I do have a problem with the fact that Scott just didn't plan this out well.

Why use the FFM as a Sub Lure? Same issure with King He-Man. He's fine. But did he or the FFM make anyone rush to his or her computer to subscribe?

I doubt it.

So I'd like to know the logic behind these items. Why were they a better choice than the 3 Rock Warriors? Or a Horde Trooper 2-pack? or Angella/Glimmer/Kowl? Or Saurod/Blade/Gwildor?

I'm not saying "NO FFM!!" HECK NO!! I'm just saying, "why was the FFM thought to be a good lure?"
    I second that, I like the 3-pack, but it was not THAT awesome/impressive as a Horde Trooper 3-pack or some really demanded stuff...

I wouldn`t take them to lure customers into the sub. Especially when you have only one time period in a year to subscribe.

I like this pack for two reasons...

1) The nostalgia factor - I used to stare at these model kit packages at the hobby store as a kid and wonder who the heck those drivers were.

2) They epitomize the barbarian augmented with technology aspect that was at the heart of the original MOTU designs.

As far as the Horde Troopers...I'll take a two pack. I don't need/want three of them.

Quote Originally Posted by snakeeyes0217 View Post
    I like this pack for two reasons...

1) The nostalgia factor - I used to stare at these model kit packages at the hobby store as a kid and wonder who the heck those drivers were.

2) They epitomize the barbarian augmented with technology aspect that was at the heart of the original MOTU designs.
    Thank Crom theres still someone who sees this line based on those atmospheres. give us some dirt, a postapocalyptic scenario, a couple of lasers and a big axe.....
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Personally I love these guys and gal, but they should change their name to "Line Killing Men" at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Potential Fighting Foe Men candidates:

- Fuerza-T characters

- Obelisk & Alcala warriors
    http://www.he-man.org/assets/images/...e0812_full.jpg

- Ninjor? (well he had to be plucked out of time and space from somewhere. Why not the wilds of Preternia?)

- Demos and Terella, the evil warlords from Masks of Power toon

- Red Beast concept character

Great! Feel free to voice your support in the Obelisk warriors thread.
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...hlight=Obelisk
    vykron's tank top and space ace outfits. cmon guys, it was an easy one
    WISHLIST: Lodar, Green and Purple demons, Gwildor, Blastar, Panther/Cat Men, Peekablue, Mermista, Prince Dakon, Tung Lashor, Rotar, Twistoid, Kayo, Vizar, Lizorr, Sagitar, Quakke, Mara (prototype), Lizard Man, Garth, Blackbeard, Gleedal, Gargons, Garn (mini-comic), Hawke, Fang-or, Great Black Wizard, Red Stripe, Granita, Brainwave, Contractor

You and me both! And I was so thrilled that they were finally getting figures! It likely could have been handled better. Maybe they could have held them until after the subscriptions were closed That's part of what I find somewhat amusing (in a bittersweet sort of way) about all the animosity. So many people don't have a problem about committing blindly a significant amount of money but they throw a hissy fit over these three figures and blame them for "killing teh lien". Make it a NA 3 pack or another POP 3-pack (that went over SO well last year) and then slot these 3 figures into June July and August so they don't get revealed. They're still there. You still end up buying them if you subscribe. You just don't know you're getting them.

I guess to me the actual problem is trying to do a subscription only model (which I LOVE the sub. I subscribe every year as soon as they go on sale. The sub works for me) without showing what you're subscribing to. Just seems like you should get a list or a rough outline of what the sub entails. Show what you're gonna sell. Then at least if someone doesn't want to subscribe they can say something like "Over half the figures are characters I don't care about so I'm not subscribing" instead of "I hate this 3 pack and it's killing teh lien".

Who asked for the Fighting Foe Men?

With the price hike that is occurring for 2013, it seems to be a strange time to put in high priced, new obscure characters - it would be more incentivizing in this year to make a 3pk of characters that folks would want for sure...

According to Toy Guru, the Fighting Foe Men weren't even on the original road map, and were added due to fan demand.

So my question is: Who asked for the FFM?
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

I asked for them.

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    I didn't but gladly be getting them in my 3 subs!!!

If we have subs this year

People have been interested in the "vehicle drivers" from the Monogram model sets for many years. Mattel and the 4H turned them into the FFM, who also happen to be your newest Horde members.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "Fighting Foe Men" was an early name for the original line.
    Subscribe now for MOTUC 2015! Every sub counts!

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    People have been interested in the "vehicle drivers" from the Monogram model sets for many years. Mattel and the 4H turned them into the FFM, who also happen to be your newest Horde members.

Also, if I'm not mistaken, the "Fighting Foe Men" was an early name for the original line.
    You are correct. It was a working title for MOTU.

I think the figs are awesome, and they'll definitely be "Horde Spies" on my shelf - I think Double Trouble will be their commander - she should have the same chest plate swap feature. The removable Horde bat feature possibly harks back to early concepts of the interactive bat that "latched" onto the figure...

I DO think a Horde Trooper with Dylamug 3pk would have gone over better - particularly with domestic and international price hikes (people are more likely to pay for product they REALLY want, rather then new product they're not sure about). You could still do a Horde Trooper army builder 2pk as a non sub - BOTH would sell.
    Celebrate 30 Years of POP
    http://www.facebook.com/messages/103...P/288325415324
    http://mykanspeaksall.blogspot.com/2...incess-of.html

Follow Mykan Speaks All on Twitter or Facebook.

I wanted them! I still want them! I think they are awesome.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    I asked for them, but not in a 3pack, they could been distributed in 2013, 2014, there are a lot of characters that must come first...

Said that I love Roton Rider and Talon Pilot. They are great figures.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Just got a Subscription to make sure I wouldn't miss out on these.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

I might have wanted the two males, but not the female as she is not from any box art. If they want to add more females to the line, we have PoP and even NA has a couple females to use. Instead, Mattel misses the point and gives us a female that is made up. Sorry, but I, personally, am not a fan.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookie View Post
    I might have wanted the two males, but not the female as she is not from any box art. If they want to add more females to the line, we have PoP and even NA has a couple females to use. Instead, Mattel misses the point and gives us a female that is made up. Sorry, but I, personally, am not a fan.
    She is from de Attack Trak from monogram there you can not tell if the figure es male or female, so they went with female! A winner for me!

scaly 2014 Subscriber! Dragonblaster's Avatar
    The only thing I really don't like are the names. I lnow what the 4HM went for, but it doesn't feel very MOTUish. Dawg-O-Tor REALLY?! At least names like Man-E-Faces were a play on words.

I'd actually prefer to give them the names based on the vehicles' names...

Roe-ton

Attracka

Taylon
    Press down on dragon's head. It will bite off your frickin' fingers !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Caverns of Rakash (Formerly of Darksmoke)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonblaster View Post
    Attracka

[/B]
    Great name!!!

I was surprised when they unveiled these. I think they're cool and am very much looking forward to them. I had the A.T. and T.F. models and was always interested in everything about them because they were different from the regular ones. To me, they represent the vintage line well and its an opportunity to get figures that were never made.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mykan View Post
    With the price hike that is occurring for 2013, it seems to be a strange time to put in high priced, new obscure characters - it would be more incentivizing in this year to make a 3pk of characters that folks would want for sure...

According to Toy Guru, the Fighting Foe Men weren't even on the original road map, and were added due to fan demand.

So my question is: Who asked for the FFM?
    Actually I stated several times that it would be great to get these. i love them and totally agree that they really bring the fantasy / barbarian / tech vibe that I love about MOTU to life perfectly.

Add me to the list of folks that asked for these figures - and the Wind Raider Pilot to boot!

I'm stoked for this 3pk. I do wish a multi-pack could be a little cheaper (even $5) than the price of three separate figures, but I can't wait to have this set.

I hate that they've become the straw man for the subscription debate.
    MOTUClassics.Com - Reviews, Release Schedule, Bios, & News.