Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

Heroic Warrior
    Fighting Foe Men is a PERFECT chance to see some bootlegs make it into the line...
    combocard.jpg

I thought these guys were really odd and a waste of a 3 pack...would have loved a Great Rebellion 3 pack with 3 pop girls (Perfuma / Sweetbee / Castaspella) ...but now that I have seen the vintage 80's model kits that these 3 figures came from...google them...they are not that bad a set...still odd 3...but they actually have a "vintage" place...I will be looking forward to Dan showing us these 3...

I think the wind raider pilot from the 80's MOTU poster should be one of the Fighting Foe men, retro fitted weapons from the wind raider just like the rest.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yeah, since we're getting the others, "Wind Raider Pilot" is a MUST!!!

can't wait to try and offload mine
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I like the blue guy but the other 2...
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

I have absolutely no idea where I'm putting them. I don't see them as Horde, Masters or Evil Warriors. I like them, & appreciate their history, but they are my display odd balls. I really have no clue where they are going. What about you guys?
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    DYLAMANIA IS RUNNIN' WILD! THE MOB IS GROWING!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm putting them with all the other Preternia. Or with my solo villains & heroes.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Six months since SDCC, and this pack is still forever away.
    They'll look great with Vikor and others. One of the gems of the year for sure.

Well, I got 3 subs in 2013 so I am thinking one set with Horde symbols will bolster that crew and the other will be hanging out...elsewhere.

I'll display them with the other concept characters...April is looking to be a great month if there are no delays.

Snappy Threader
    I am still really excited about this three pack. Yep, I agree, Wind Raider pilot is an absolute must as far as I am concerned. Not sure yet where to put them, but probably go the weird route and put Roton Rider with the evil warriors and Talon Fighter Pilot and Attack Trak driver with the heroic warriors.....just based on the vehicle parameters.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawful Ofit View Post
    I have absolutely no idea where I'm putting them. I don't see them as Horde, Masters or Evil Warriors. I like them, & appreciate their history, but they are my display odd balls. I really have no clue where they are going. What about you guys?
    I´ll put Dwag-o-tor on the laser tower of my castle grayskull! and sell the others or custom the guy
    IMO he looks like he could be one of the simple characters that were first released!
    And i see him as a defender of grayskull, a weapons master controlling the laser on top of cg. He fits perfectely for this job imo.
    I will not use the horde symbol. He seems to me overall quite not fitting in the horde style.
    Last edited by Feast-Man; January 7, 2013 at 07:02pm.
    action features for action figures!

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Feast-Man View Post
    I´ll put Dwag-o-tor on the laser tower of my castle grayskull! and sell the others or custom the guy
    IMO he looks like he could be one of the simple characters that were first released!
    And i see him as a defender of grayskull, a weapons master controlling the laser on top of cg. He fits perfectely for this job imo.
    I will not use the horde symbol. He seems to me overall quite not fitting in the horde style.
    I agree, the Horde? I don't see it. However, I figure they will (maybe) be like mercenaries, since we saw the Foe Castle on the map, I figure they somehow sold their services to the Horde (or worked for Hordak to escape death).

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Some of them may have been sent back in time from the King He-Man era (along with Spector to bolster King Grayskulls forces) and others may have, somehow, followed (Maybe Dittstoyer is converted by Demo-Man when they arrrive back in Vikors era). This could explain why they look so modern... and gives a lttle more color to the Vikor era after Grayskull. ...and if King He-Man knew that there were Horde active in this time period... maybe they made some Horde emblems to help them disguise themselves.
    Also... I've mentioned it before in this thread. I think "The Fighting Foe Men" are the "Masters of the Universe" of the Preternian post Grayskull era... It would be Vikor and the Fighting Foe Men just as it is He-Man and the Masters of the Universe.
    Last edited by He-Dude; January 7, 2013 at 10:08pm.

While I have said Teela is the last figure that I want, I am debating picking these guys up. I know many don't like them, but I do for the most part. I like the Blue guy and the female the most. To me I think they would go well with Zodac as kind of trainers of the cosmic enforcers or from another space sector or something.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    The green guy looks good, maybe I'll keep him...

I can't wait for these guys! I think they are a great addition to the line. I will be displaying them in my Preternia display with Demo Man. When/If they make a Filmation Hordak I will move my gray one to the Preternia shelf and put their Horde symbols on, making them Hordak's Preternia posse!

Does anyone know if they can be displayed without any chest insignia, or will they have a "peg hole" in their chests?

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Quote Originally Posted by King Tamusk View Post
    Does anyone know if they can be displayed without any chest insignia, or will they have a "peg hole" in their chests?
    I was wondering that, myself.

I think I want to wait to see what their bio says before i display them with anyone, I don't really see the whole horde connection but i like the fact that we are getting those symbols cause I feel certain characters (i.e. Cy-Chop) need more horde insignia on them and these should work perfectly.
    Another thing I was thinking about was about a resurrection of the Fighting Foe men in the future (Prince Adams time). Their are alot of Independent villains that seem to float around from faction to faction, or work alone. What if one villain were to unite them under one banner, The Resurrected Fighting Foe Men, with someone like Gygor, Count Marzo, or Shokoti leading them.
    Here's who I see as part of this faction:
    -Masque
    -Damon
    -Darkdream
    -Enchantress
    -Negator
    -General Tataran
    -Nepthu
    -Geldor
    -Lodar
    -Evilseed
    -Pravhus
    -ABC Giants

When you take a look at that lineup, you got yourself a hell of a powerful force to be reckoned with.

I can't wait for these guys! I still have the original monogram vehicles with the artwork and I remember thinking who are those guys driving. And now we get them
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Heroic Warrior
    I'm still looking forward to these, but I really wish they were optional and outside of the sub. I love figures that expand the mythos of MOTU, so on that level I can't wait to get these guys. Shouldn't we be seeing packaged pics for King He-Man, Fang Man, and the FFM soon?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    This is going to be a really fun set to open. I love the look of all of them, I just wish they had better names. I understand they're a nod to the 4H's employees, but they sound bulky and just wrong.

Hordak! Put me in MOTUC! Barbecue17's Avatar
    Yeah, I'm very excited about these guys. I'd be excited about the Windraider pilot if he was ever announced (Doesn't he look like the Laser Viper from G.I. Joe?).

So far, nearly every figure announced this year is really exciting to me. Champ, King He-Man, Ram-Man, Jitsu, NA He-Man, Snake Face, and these guys? Total win! Even Fang Man and Netossa are pretty nice figures too.

I'm thinking I might be making a new shelf in my display rack to store more Preternian/ non main faction characters.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"