Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 351 to 375 of 594

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

  1. #351
    Door with dental plan. Jawbridge's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Front o' castle.
    Posts
    1,535
    I was just adjusting my Horde shelf the other day and thought it was lacking in color. I took Horde Prime down and gave Cy-Chop his hands, and some different weapons, just so it wasn't so flat and dark up there. The Roton guy with the Horde symbol will be a nice addition to the group I hope. Ultimately I guess the Horde might need two shelves, at which point I can decide if another one from this group makes the cut, and of course bring Horde Prime back. Prime is actually awesome, but there was just too much black going on, so he got lost in the mix.

    Ultimately I'm not very excited about these figures, but in time they might find a home. I now wish we did get the wind raider pilot in place of one of these, just because it's the only vehicle we're going to get, and that would have been pimp.

    But still, these are above Netossa and NA He-Man for the sub spots this year, as at least one of these will get some shelf time. Display room is getting tight, so making the cut is not easy for a figure to do these days.
    Pop Culture Shock - Filmation Statues (top 5 most wanted): Sorceress, Skeletor, Man-E-Faces, Mer-Man and Two-Bad! AND, hurry up with Evil Lynn, her reveal is what got me started.

  2. #352
    master of accessories facet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,346
    Now that we have their bio, if the wind raider pilot, was frozen in the glacier with them, then maybe he switched sides and fought with the Masters after running away from the Horde.

  3. #353
    Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY, USA
    Posts
    928
    I'm still tickled pink by these three. Scott got us three highly obscure characters, the 4Horsemen got to go a little crazy with design, and while many can't stomach the pricetag, we're getting a subset in one shot and no one can ever complain we didn't get all the model kit pilots.

    The Wind Raider Pilot is a natural follow-up to this set. Personally, I'll ignore the bio like I do all others. In my world, Sherrilyn is a wild, tech savvy warrior who created the semi-sentient Attak-Trak. At her side is her loyal bodyguard, Dawgator, a grizzled veteran of the Great Wars who was chosen by the Powers of Grayskull to pilot the Talon Fighter against Prahvus and his army 20 years before Adam became He-man. Controlling such a powerful weapon gave Dawgator exceptional strength and long-life, and he looks today the same as he did the day he helped Dekker, Duncan, and Prince Randor defeat Prahvus' dark forces.

    Dittztroyer, on the other hand, is a sneak thief who keeps to the shadows and rarely shows his face in battle. When he was discovered raiding the treasures of Snake Mountain, he escaped by stealing the Roton, and Skeletor has a issued a "Destroy on Sight" order to all his minions.

    Seeking asylum from Skeletor, Dittztroyer sought out Hordak when he came to Eternia. Branded as a Horde agent, Dittztroyer proved his loyalty by capturing Sherrilyn and Dawgator and subjugating them both as Horde warriors. The trio were then tasked with asaulting the Orkus Islands, banishing Clawful's clan and laying waste to the region.

    It was only when Dekker and Clamp Champ discovered the brainwashed heroes that they were able rescue them from their fate, and the 4 of them beat back Dittztroyer. Clamp Champ recruited the two weary warriors to aid He-Man and the Renegade Masters.

    May not be the best take, but it works for me.
    My 2016 Wishlist:

    2.0s: HE-MAN, Teela
    Filmation: KITTRINA, Vultak, Dylamug
    200x: VEENA, Prahvus
    NA: CRITA, Staghorn, Quakke, Butthead
    Concept: RED BEAST, Tony Guerrero He-Man

  4. #354
    Heroic Warrior CanadaClassics's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Orleans ON Canada
    Posts
    1,590
    The wind raider pilot now has a name... it was on Matty collector...Sky High, Mile High...something like that but he now has a name - how is that not a give away that he is on schedule somewhere!!!!

    HOOWAH!
    2015
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !


    MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

  5. #355
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,189
    That is something I do find interesting, Talon Fighter and Attack Trak were vehicles for the good guys and they made them in the bios villains.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  6. #356
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    896
    I'm totally digging the Foe Men now, especially after reading the bio. I was lukewarm about them when they first appeared, but tying them into the storyline like they have...that's just a win. Not to mention the way their symbols swap out...Now anyone can be a Horde member!

  7. #357
    Heroic Warrior jzachery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,350
    What if the FFM become another situation like Fang Man where there are no DOS? I could see the entire fanbase suddenly wanting them. Frankly, I've always liked them, I think they're great. Can't wait to get these guys.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar

  8. #358
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles(Long Beach)
    Posts
    352
    Quote Originally Posted by jzachery View Post
    What if the FFM become another situation like Fang Man where there are no DOS? I could see the entire fanbase suddenly wanting them. Frankly, I've always liked them, I think they're great. Can't wait to get these guys.
    I don't see that happening, even if DOS is cut. Fang Man has an established history within the MOTU mythos, these 3 came out of Mattys bum.

  9. #359
    Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Alicante, Spain
    Posts
    2,253
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    That is something I do find interesting, Talon Fighter and Attack Trak were vehicles for the good guys and they made them in the bios villains.
    The bios have no sense with vintage continuity, so I ignore them...

    For me the Roton rider is evil, the 2 others good, no Horde here and they live in He-Mans era. Each of them are the one who keep the vehicles maintenance. No pirates here.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

    2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

  10. #360
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,949
    I must have them in my possession now! I don't want to wait any longer.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  11. #361
    Melaktha For MotUC!! adol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Spokane, Wa
    Posts
    3,483
    I sure wish these were shipping alone.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

  12. #362
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,949
    Quote Originally Posted by zodak74 View Post
    Well, keep in mind, in classic He-Man tales, after a little misjudgement, villains often flipped over to the good side (Man-E-Faces and Fisto in Filmation, Ram Man in the mini-comics). Surely some of your Foe Men can be unfrozen, put to work by Hordak, and eventually see how the world has changed... thus eventually siding on the side of good
    Yeah, they don't strike me as all bad. They lived in Preternia, those were very rough chaotic times.

    I think I will display my Gar Foe Man with Shokoti along with the other Preternia solo villains. the other 2 FFM will belong with the Preternia heroes. even though they battled Vikor. They are still good, just in the middle. in chaotic times you got to do what you must to survive. maybe the FFM made some wrong choices.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  13. #363
    Claw Full Of It Clawful Ofit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    846
    I think I'm just gonna put Talon Fighter Guy & Attack Trak Lady vs Roton Man somewhere near the castle, but off by themselves. I don't dislike them, but don't have anywhere to put them. Vikor, Vykron & Demo Man are just He-Man & Skelly "variants" so they don't exist & are with the other variants. I don't like the idea of just slapping a bat on & saying you're Horde now. They are definitely not POP, NA, 200x or mini comics. I may be able to tolerate them as Heroic/Evil warriors, but I have to have them first. If not I think they'll display well together, but really won't have a home. Just kinda there. Great accessories thats for sure. Now if we get those vehicles I'll be elated & display problem solved.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!
    The Space Mutants are missing something CRITAcal!
    Chocolate and Vanilla swiiiirl. Swur-Urrl. -Crazy Eyes

  14. #364
    Heroic Warrior Dynamike1977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Good, old VIENNA
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Edge View Post
    I'm still tickled pink by these three. Scott got us three highly obscure characters, the 4Horsemen got to go a little crazy with design, and while many can't stomach the pricetag, we're getting a subset in one shot and no one can ever complain we didn't get all the model kit pilots.

    The Wind Raider Pilot is a natural follow-up to this set. Personally, I'll ignore the bio like I do all others. In my world, Sherrilyn is a wild, tech savvy warrior who created the semi-sentient Attak-Trak. At her side is her loyal bodyguard, Dawgator, a grizzled veteran of the Great Wars who was chosen by the Powers of Grayskull to pilot the Talon Fighter against Prahvus and his army 20 years before Adam became He-man. Controlling such a powerful weapon gave Dawgator exceptional strength and long-life, and he looks today the same as he did the day he helped Dekker, Duncan, and Prince Randor defeat Prahvus' dark forces.

    Dittztroyer, on the other hand, is a sneak thief who keeps to the shadows and rarely shows his face in battle. When he was discovered raiding the treasures of Snake Mountain, he escaped by stealing the Roton, and Skeletor has a issued a "Destroy on Sight" order to all his minions.

    Seeking asylum from Skeletor, Dittztroyer sought out Hordak when he came to Eternia. Branded as a Horde agent, Dittztroyer proved his loyalty by capturing Sherrilyn and Dawgator and subjugating them both as Horde warriors. The trio were then tasked with asaulting the Orkus Islands, banishing Clawful's clan and laying waste to the region.

    It was only when Dekker and Clamp Champ discovered the brainwashed heroes that they were able rescue them from their fate, and the 4 of them beat back Dittztroyer. Clamp Champ recruited the two weary warriors to aid He-Man and the Renegade Masters.

    May not be the best take, but it works for me.
    THAT should be the offical bio! I like the TG bios in general - but the FFM bio sounds really weird (I really dissliked the Man E Faces and Dragon Blaster Bios, too)

  15. #365
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    4,338
    Quote Originally Posted by JorReno View Post
    Fighting Foe Men is a PERFECT chance to see some bootlegs make it into the line...
    Attachment 81412
    This. The FFM could be a new faction for all new concept stuff/Dark Horse mini comic characters/Preternia/bootleg/Fuerza-T stuff.

    The faction could be leaderless with some members being evil, others good, some switching sides, living in the FFM castle. Some stuff which could come after getting the main characters...

  16. #366
    Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Oregon
    Posts
    5,949
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynamike1977 View Post
    THAT should be the offical bio! I like the TG bios in general - but the FFM bio sounds really weird (I really dissliked the Man E Faces and Dragon Blaster Bios, too)
    yeah the bio for FFM seemed cheap. now compare that with Megator & it feels even more unimaginative. just an excuse to sell more toys.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    This. The FFM could be a new faction for all new concept stuff/Dark Horse mini comic characters/Preternia/bootleg/Fuerza-T stuff.

    The faction could be leaderless with some members being evil, others good, some switching sides, living in the FFM castle. Some stuff which could come after getting the main characters...
    these guys have a lot of potential.
    I would like to see more of them. story & future figures of the other FM.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

  17. #367
    Heroic Warrior EagleOne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Roanoke, VA
    Posts
    963
    I still love these figures and their weapons. The 3 pack thing is hard to swallow, I have 3 subs and am keeping all 3 sets of these so their month will be... expensive. But what month isn't expensive with MOTUC?!?
    I'm using the concept of the bio. The FFM will be placed as warriors in my Barbarian Wars (Wars of Gnarl) area with Vikor, Battleground Teela, 2 Hasbro Frost Giants, Demo-man, & a couple of barbarian looking customs.
    And the other set will be with the Horde. Can't get enough Horde in my book. I just wish I had more Horde arm bands. I want to stick an arm band on each FFM.

  18. #368
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,709
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    The wind raider pilot now has a name... it was on Matty collector...Sky High, Mile High...something like that but he now has a name - how is that not a give away that he is on schedule somewhere!!!!
    HOOWAH!
    Next years travelling figure at the cons, perhaps? Those figures have been characters that collectors might want, but aren't absolutley necessary to complete the vintage line. Strobo is the same type of character as Mile/Sky High (I can see some trademark problems with either of those names, the latter with the Mouse), someone who never really appeared in anything major, just a short tale in the He-Man magazine. A guy on a package who never was a figure lands in about the same category, methinks.

    I know the price tag is a big thing with this set, and even I have to question the choice of an expensive three pack after the reception the Star Sisters got, but my mind has not changed from the reaction I had when I first saw them: I like them a lot. THis is exactly the kind of off-beat figures that have spiced up the line, like Demo-Man and the big yellow ape (it sounds funnier to call him a monkey, but he has no tail, and I don't want a giant primate mad at me for insulting him). THat we have actually gotten "new" things that are still definitely vintage has been a lot of fun for me, and it's one thing I will miss as the line focuses more on the actual vintage figures.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  19. #369
    Heroic Warrior RocketPunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Edinburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    6,209
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Hunter View Post
    The bios have no sense with vintage continuity, so I ignore them...

    For me the Roton rider is evil, the 2 others good, no Horde here and they live in He-Mans era. Each of them are the one who keep the vehicles maintenance. No pirates here.
    Yeah, I feel the same way. I can't view them as a team of villains, and the "Fighting Foe Men" name seems like it was tacked on by Mattel at the last minute.

    For me they are simply the Talon Fighter Pilot, the Roton Driver, & the Attak Trak Driver.

  20. #370
    Heroic Warrior wyldman11's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    8,189
    For me the Fighting Foe Men design wise feel more like MOTU then some of the vintage figures from later waves did. He-man to me has always had a good primal feel to it, while some of the later figures lacked that. Even the Horde for the most part retained it.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

    There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

    Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

  21. #371
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fabtabulous Massland
    Posts
    1,141
    anyone have a link to their bios..cant find them anywhere....
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

  22. #372
    Heroic Warrior
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Mad City, WI
    Posts
    896
    The only thing I'm having trouble with is the time line. It's been 5000 years since King Grayskull?? I could see 500 years, but not 5000.

  23. #373
    Warrior of Evolution 13977's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Nottinghamshire, UK
    Posts
    6,442
    These figures do look sweet but just I've never really been interested in getting these characters. Now that we are getting them I would like to get Sky High at some point just to finish them off. I also would have preferred the Attack Trak pilot to have been male.
    Bio wise I'm not really keen on it, to me these three will always be two Heroic Warriors and one Evil Warrior.

    Quote Originally Posted by H.A.L.9000 View Post
    anyone have a link to their bios..cant find them anywhere....
    Here ya go mate:
    MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion Thread
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

    Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

  24. #374
    Heroic Warrior H.A.L.9000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Fabtabulous Massland
    Posts
    1,141
    Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post

    Here ya go mate:
    MOTUC Bios & Canon Discussion Thread
    AHHH thanks so much!!!!
    Man lives in the sunlit world of what he believes to be reality.
    But...there is, unseen by most, an underworld, a place that is just as real,
    but not as brightly lit... a DARKSIDE.

  25. #375
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,265
    I just cant wait till the Wind Raider Pilot gets released to complete the Fighting Foe men, since he is already been tooled. I assume he will be the 2013 SDCC item... or 2014 sub exclusive... or 2014 SDCC item.

    ...well the wind raider pilot and my custom one of a male version of the Attak Trak Pilot... need both for my shelf.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •