Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

I'm digging these three, I like their look and they give a fresh new look to my collection being new characters. I'm, like others here, changing their bios to fit my own motu mythos. The Gar (renamed NOTOR) will join my new Council of Evil as the new apprentice of Count Marzo. The other two shall be heroes (TALOS & KIRA TAKK) and join in with Strobos, Vykron, Tank Top and Sky Wave (space ace) as Eternia's defenders.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

Yeah, these cats ate pretty nifty. I'm looking forward to them quite a bit. I do like the idea if them being more like some of those Filmation "villains" who learn their lesson at the end of the day and perhaps side with the heroes, or at least renounce evil. I love the Bio-Canon, but even that has gray areas in which to flesh out your own ideas. I'll have SMS and DOT go off together after UBG2 and live happily ever after, although I see Ditztroyer remaining a baddie, possibly alongside the Horde Remnant or even on his own or joining Jitsu's warriors.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I just cant wait till the Wind Raider Pilot gets released to complete the Fighting Foe men, since he is already been tooled. I assume he will be the 2013 SDCC item... or 2014 sub exclusive... or 2014 SDCC item.

...well the wind raider pilot and my custom one of a male version of the Attak Trak Pilot... need both for my shelf.
    The raider pilot is tooled? When did that juicy but come out?

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I just cant wait till the Wind Raider Pilot gets released to complete the Fighting Foe men, since he is already been tooled. I assume he will be the 2013 SDCC item... or 2014 sub exclusive... or 2014 SDCC item.

...well the wind raider pilot and my custom one of a male version of the Attak Trak Pilot... need both for my shelf.
    tooled or sculpted...two totally different things.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Count Judas View Post
    I'm digging these three, I like their look and they give a fresh new look to my collection being new characters. I'm, like others here, changing their bios to fit my own motu mythos. The Gar (renamed NOTOR) will join my new Council of Evil as the new apprentice of Count Marzo. The other two shall be heroes (TALOS & KIRA TAKK) and join in with Strobos, Vykron, Tank Top and Sky Wave (space ace) as Eternia's defenders.
    Consider those names stolen.

The only thing about these guys I DON'T like are their names. Since I am a giant nerd I am coming up with my own era to flesh out Vikor's story. In the Valley of Gnarl, these are their names:
    Rotak: Savage Fighting Foe Sorceror!
    Traxa: Super Stalker of the Fighting Foe Men!
    Talos: The Fighting Foe Men's Dreadful Dominator!
    The Mysterious Raider: The Fighting Foe that Walks on Wind!
    Their tag lines are silly and alliterative, inspired by their team name. I've done up a bio for Raider, basically he undermines the other Foes because he's secretly a good guy.

Quote Originally Posted by DVD View Post
    Consider those names stolen.
    Feel free! Just wanted their names to "fit in" more with their vehicle counterpart names
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hadley View Post
    The only thing about these guys I DON'T like are their names. Since I am a giant nerd I am coming up with my own era to flesh out Vikor's story. In the Valley of Gnarl, these are their names:
    Rotak: Savage Fighting Foe Sorceror!
    Traxa: Super Stalker of the Fighting Foe Men!
    Talos: The Fighting Foe Men's Dreadful Dominator!
    The Mysterious Raider: The Fighting Foe that Walks on Wind!
    Their tag lines are silly and alliterative, inspired by their team name. I've done up a bio for Raider, basically he undermines the other Foes because he's secretly a good guy.
    Sorry, but I am going to steal these. I agree with you 100%. While I am glad some of the great ppl behind this line got some call outs, I prefer your thinking for thier REAL names.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

Quote Originally Posted by melmoth666 View Post
    Sorry, but I am going to steal these. I agree with you 100%. While I am glad some of the great ppl behind this line got some call outs, I prefer your thinking for thier REAL names.
    Steal away, my friend.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Yeah, as big of a fan as I am of the entire 4H stable, the names are easily the worst thing about these figures.

I thought they were scheduled for April but now there is no mentioning about them?

Am i missing something, am i mistaken?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I thought they were scheduled for April but now there is no mentioning about them?

Am i missing something, am i mistaken?
    They were pushed till May.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    They were pushed till May.
    BOOOOO! I was really looking forward to them. When was that announced?
    *Peekablue *Toy version Catra *Sagitar *Drissi *Crita *Lizorr *Zilora *Granita *Delora *Battle Armor Queen Marlena *Queen Veena *Calix *Hawke *Pebblass(Minicomic Comet Warrior) *Lady Slither

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    BOOOOO! I was really looking forward to them. When was that announced?
    NYTF...schedule was "restructured"....so far...and no Sept figure....
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    I guess we can wait a month for them. I'm still very much looking forward to them, though I fear the raider pilot will likely not see the light of day now with the re-focusing of the line. Too bad the figure that goes with the one vehicle we have is now probably off the list...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Too bad Mattel did not include the Wind Raider pilot with Castle Grayskull. It could have helped to sell more Wind Raiders and get that character made without using up a slot.

Heroic Warrior
    I got all excited thinking the Fwoosh had a First Look or Dan put his review up! Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I guess we can wait a month for them. I'm still very much looking forward to them, though I fear the raider pilot will likely not see the light of day now with the re-focusing of the line. Too bad the figure that goes with the one vehicle we have is now probably off the list...
    I wouldn't doubt we'll see him as next year's Traveling Exclusive, Scott.

I think you might be right DVD - he would make a good travelling exclusive and wouldn't take up much tooling. I can see them trying to sell him with a reduced price Raider as well.

As for the FFM I must admit I am mainly looking forward to them for their mix and match opportunites, which seems kinda dumb for a guy who has yet to open his figures I realise.
    The Lurkiest

**Somebody please make me a Staghorn**

Quote Originally Posted by He-Metayer View Post
    Too bad Mattel did not include the Wind Raider pilot with Castle Grayskull. It could have helped to sell more Wind Raiders and get that character made without using up a slot.
    The Wind Raider Pilot or "Air Raid" or "Sky High" as he is called might be the OCT or DEC figure or next years travel Con figure.... Scott let that one slip...somehow he has a name...and Scott refered to him directly when talking about the FFM a few months ago. I know some members made a custom one a few years ago and called him Air - Ro - they made it up - but Scott gave him a name...and if Toyguru has a name for him...he is almost certainly slotted somewhere...

I am pretty interested in the FFM - except the female one...really hate the Visor / Helmet head...going to try her with some of the spare heads floating around in may Masters Tool Case - Captain Glen but for a start - Blonde BG teela...otherwise I will be sending her off to marketplace...the other 2 guys - GREAT!
    Last edited by CanadaClassics; April 4, 2013 at 02:04pm.

Ah, the travelling con figure! I hadn't considered that possibility. He'd be perfect, something cool we haven't had before, but not essential to the overall line. He would be a perfect fit for that slot.

We got some smart folks around here...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

He WOULD BE great for the travelling con...now watch him show up as October sub figure....

I'm looking forward to these guys as well....though their bio is going in the garbage. Two good guys and a bad one in my book. Going to make Attak Trak and Talon Fighter pilots part of MAA elite guard and the Gar is going to join the evil warriors. Had thought about selling them but have changed my mind as the more I look at them, the more I like em.

Fortunately, I still ignore the bios, so for me they are exactly what they were on the packaging of the old models: the pilots for those particular vehicles. No reason to mess with something so straightforward and simple.

Fortunately, I still ignore the bios, so for me they are exactly what they were on the packaging of the old models: the pilots for those particular vehicles. No reason to mess with something so straightforward and simple.
    Exactly!!!!

I'm looking forward to having these guys. They look fantastic! Also, it's nice to have some characters that are basically a blank slate so I can expand the mythos in my own way.
    Must Haves before MOTUC is complete! QUEEN ANGELLA! Mermista, Peekablue, Perfuma, Imp, Admiral Scurvy, General Sunder, Colonel Blast, Vultak, Clawdeen, Stridor, Nightstalker, Cat version of Catra METEORBS Gwildor, Saurod, Point Dread with Talon Fighter! Sagitar