Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Hmmmmm, well, I still want 'em!

One thing I've found with MOTUC, is that when I am not really looking forward to a particular figure, it is usually that figure which impresses me the most.

Vikor and Demo Man still remain as some of my favorite MOTUC figures, and I am really excited to get the FFM in-hand to revel in 4H glory!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    That's how I feel shout them. Though, they could also be a sort of elite team of soldiers for Horde Prime.

I've been building his ranks:

- Horde Prime (sort of a body guard / decoy a la Queen Amydala in Star Wars)

- UK Comics Horde Prime (comic book head, cape, & armor on Spector Body with Horde Prime boots painted silver as REAL Horde Prime a la Padmr)

- Cy-Chop

- Mosquitor

- Fighting Foe Men

- Evil-Lyn (yellow)

- Octavia

- Dylamug (if we get him)

- Inspector Darkney (if we get him)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barezz View Post
    I have always planned for the FFM to be part of Horde Prime's Elite too

Currently my "Horde Prime" shelf has only a few MOTUC figures, but I have supplemented it with some DC figures, because Horde Prime has some vaguely "Kirby-esque" design elements that lend allow for some of Darkseid's crew to fit in.

So I have:
    Horde Prime
    The Sinestra Sisters (custom MOTUC figures)
    DCU Parademon (red "Super Powers" version, LOVED him as a kid)
    Robot Mantis
    Kaliback (the build a figure)
    New 52 Parademon
    Marvel Select Ultron (why? No idea, just needed a place for him to go, lol)

And even though I heart Horde Troopers...I figured that they are a Hordak design, so i needed some kind of trooper/minion, so I have 2 of the old Joyride Studios Battlestar Galactica Cylon figures for that role

And the FFM will go up there when released

At one point I was going to have all of the Space Mutants on that shelf as well, but I have NA it's own shelf (I'm such an optimist)
    Interesting? I also came up with some custom creations for Horde Prime's Horde Elite. I've got quite a few "new" creations I need to photograph and put in the mix & match section.

Easily Dittstroyer is my favorite of the FFM. I always loved the look of the Roton pilot, and his parts will make for some great mix and match figures

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I just hope i can stick Bows or Stinkors red knobs in the chest of the Roton Pilot!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Hmmmmm, well, I still want 'em!

One thing I've found with MOTUC, is that when I am not really looking forward to a particular figure, it is usually that figure which impresses me the most.

Vikor and Demo Man still remain as some of my favorite MOTUC figures, and I am really excited to get the FFM in-hand to revel in 4H glory!
    I've noted much the same thing with many MOTUC figures. Guys who weren't tops on my want list like old Demo really impressed me once they were in hand.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    I've noted much the same thing with many MOTUC figures. Guys who weren't tops on my want list like old Demo really impressed me once they were in hand.
    That's right for me, too. I never knew I wanted a Vikor until I had him in hand. And this is particularly true of the NA figures. I almost didn't sub in 2010 because I knew we would get a NA figure, but I bit the bullet anyway. And I'm never looking back. If one can jettison the cartoon, some of these NA figures are the best in the whole line. Icarius has to be in the top 5 just as a toy alone. So many accessories. Such great sculpting. Finally in scale with the others. NA He-Man looks to be a top 10 figure as well with the new enhancements tying him more closely to his classic 1982 design. And that's not to mention Optikk and Slushhead, which are great figures, and the upcoming Karatti who will probably blow many people away.

The NA figures are the Horsemen at their best. They are really knocking them out of the park. And I was as irritated as anyone in the late 1980s when the NA characters originally debuted.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

In my canon they wil be simply an outlaw gang with no affilation with the horde. the bio tg came up with the awakening story is pretty meh imho.

I like their bio overall, but I might have them as mercenaries recruited by the Horde who weren't present at the final battle and didn't get banished to Despondos. So they started their own thing, were frozen by Vikor, etc, and rejoined the Horde again in the future.

Heroic Warrior
    In my canon, they'll be standing on shelves next to all the other figures.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Madison Carter View Post
    In my canon, they'll be standing on shelves next to all the other figures.
    ^^ What he said!! 8-) ^^
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    That's right for me, too. I never knew I wanted a Vikor until I had him in hand. And this is particularly true of the NA figures. I almost didn't sub in 2010 because I knew we would get a NA figure, but I bit the bullet anyway. And I'm never looking back. If one can jettison the cartoon, some of these NA figures are the best in the whole line. Icarius has to be in the top 5 just as a toy alone. So many accessories. Such great sculpting. Finally in scale with the others. NA He-Man looks to be a top 10 figure as well with the new enhancements tying him more closely to his classic 1982 design. And that's not to mention Optikk and Slushhead, which are great figures, and the upcoming Karatti who will probably blow many people away.

The NA figures are the Horsemen at their best. They are really knocking them out of the park. And I was as irritated as anyone in the late 1980s when the NA characters originally debuted.
    Wow! This echoes my sentiments as well!

I picked Slush Head as my favorite figure of 2012, and Flipshot, yes Flipshot, is one of the single best figures in the line! (Even if he does have an uncanny resemblance to Val Kilmer, lol!)

Mattel may be taking their time releasing the New Adventures characters, but each time we get one, it turns out to be a masterpiece! I CANNOT wait for Karatti and NA He-Man, who, so far, is looking like one of my favorite figures of 2013! (And that is saying a lot considering we've gotten Ram Man, Jitsu, and Fang Man thus far!!)

Also, it may be a little weird at first, but you should definitely give the Jetlag toon another go. It's no Filmation mind you, but there's plenty there to like!
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

a Muppet of a man...
    Hey guys, remember to keep all buying/selling/trading discussion in the Marketplace. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I don't think they were regrettable.

Maybe there were flaws, but there are flaws in many motuc figures.

Just sticking up for an item I appreciate.

Hopefully one day those who find the set regrettable will be able to finally let go of the deeply felt disappointment
    I already did Brian. Remember....I traded them to you for non regrettable figures. kidding

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    To me, the box art is a HUUUUUGE part of MOTU. Maybe not this box art as much the stuff on the original vehicles and playsets, but a big part of it. The designs of these guys also feels totally MOTU to me. Especially Talon Pilot.
    I'm a 100% with you on this Matthew K. I love & still enjoy all the vintage box art. Hell I just bought a CG vintage Box. But I would still actually prefer an actual Talon Fighter over the pilot flying it. Give me a Roton,Land Shark or that darn Battle Ram they showed us like 3 years ago at SDCC.

what is increasingly strange to me is how convinved that the fighting foe men served demo man against vykron. that ffm name being a descriptor of the guys in the development era. and demo and yk being development era.

so the are going with demo man against vykron.

here is to getting sky high.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    FFM were planned as being part of the sub right?
    so how come they do not show on my renewal subscriptions email??
    all i can see i Snake Faces.
    anyone else in the same scheme?

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    FFM are now scheduled for May.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyOneSkeletor View Post
    The FFM come out in May. You'll see them on the May billing.

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    OOps,feels better now. Thank you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    here is to getting sky high.
    And if folks keep calling him that, we'll all get a visit from something that would make Skeletor himself wet his furry shorts:

A Disney lawyer.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    It's weird when I first heard of the FFM ( before the figures) I thought of a bunch of pirate/barbarians/ all following Demo-man against Vikor.....then we get the figures and we get a bunch of pilots who can be turned to Hoard bad guys??? Where does Hoard come in to it???

Not that I don't like the pilots, I think they look great, but to me they are neutral / heroic warriors who live in He-mans time,
    The Hoard symbols make no sense to me,.....
    Now bring on a big bearded battle ram driver, with that 'red missile' symbol on his chest

And if folks keep calling him that, we'll all get a visit from something that would make Skeletor himself wet his furry shorts:

A Disney lawyer.
    Do they have a current toy with that name...the movie won't count?
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaClassics View Post
    Do they have a current toy with that name...the movie won't count?
    Given Mattel's changing of Fisto to Battle Fist in the 2002 line because of Jedi Kit Fisto, I think they want to avoid potential conflict if possible. Used to be the only thing as scary as a Disney lawyer was a Lucas lawyer; now that they are one and the same, we have a being that would make Horde Prime tremble in fear.

Seriously, I don't think they'd take the chance for a figure in a small line like this, especially since the character's name would be new, without any established use as in the case of Fisto (which they did use this time around). Maybe something more like Sky-Hy (a little more MOTU-ish)?

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post

I'm right there with you, too. IMO those "oddball" releases have been some of the most fun, especially in light of so many vintage figures that got the goofy, or barely-updated treatment.

If it weren't for the likes of Vikor, Demo Man, Draego-Man, the NA figures, Procrustus, Granamyr, and FFM really fleshing things out and giving us nice surprises we didn't see coming a mile away, I would've likely dropped the line by now.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not against the FFM, I do think they're kinda cool and subbed in 2013. ...but I would still love to know where all the Fan Request was for them?? Enough that Scott/Toy Guru thought there was enough demand to put them in the sub. I've scoured these boards and the Matty boards, and found 8...yes a whopping 8 people that posted (BEFORE they were announced) saying they would by them (the model kit drivers). I found no poll, so I would love to know where Scott/Toy Guru got all this fan request from?? In the newest Gobble Roast pod cast he even snarkily says "well if you don't want the FFM, then why did you ask for them?". I DIDN'T and don't know WHO did??
    I'm looking forward to them... in my cannon the blue guy will be with Skeletor's guys (or maybe Horde), but the two humans are going to be Masters. I just don't like being a sub holder and being accused of requesting an expensive 3 pack that I didn't request, and don't know anyone who did. Just seems odd...I still think it should have been a non-sub item tho.

I've seen the model pilots come up on several occassions, with folks asking if they could be made. Was it an avalanche of requests? No, but there seemed as much interest in them as Vikor or Demo-Man, both of whom sold fine. The big problem here is the price tag, as it was with the Sisters. If we'd just gotten one of these guys thrown in this year with the other figures, there would have been some to do about it, as there are folks who object to any figure that is not vintage. But you likely wouldn't have had the blowback we see here without a three pack.

Maybe something more like Sky-Hy (a little more MOTU-ish)?
    That would be good...and since I take em out of the package...I can call em whatever I want...
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572