Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Potential Fighting Foe Men candidates:

- Fuerza-T characters
    [/url]
    Dude.. seriously.. I am not trying to be offencive or something but Mattel has stated numerous times that Fuerza-T isn't MotU. It won't happen.

Really sorry if I come across like a but the mention of other toylines in MotU really gets under my skin.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Dude.. seriously.. I am not trying to be offencive or something but Mattel has stated numerous times that Fuerza-T isn't MotU. It won't happen.

Really sorry if I come across like a but the mention of other toylines in MotU really gets under my skin.
    No, actually they've said that it's an interesting idea that they may be interested in, but no plans to announce yet.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

I will change my avatar as soon as Imp is made in MOTUC

Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    i think it's rad that they took the original name for motu and wove it into vikor's background who was the original concept for he-man.
    I totally agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post

No offence taken mate.

I was of the thinking Fuerza-T was a possibility. After all, they were MOTU sculpts. However I have no nostalgic attraction to Fuerza-T at all so I don't mind if they stay off limits. I'd probably rather have Alcala monsters anyway. But I know some folk here really do like the Fuerza-T stuff.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Truthfully, I'd forgotten all about the "fighting foe men;" I vaguely recall it being a possible name for the line, but it didn't ring a bell when I first read Vikor's bio. First reaction: we have a tie for silliest name with Squidish Rex. Then again, everyone's always crazy about that guy in Gotham who named himself after a flying rodent, so silly names shouldn't bother us that much.

It is a nice nod to the early concepts of MOTU, and, if it gets us more never-made figures that look as good as Vikor, I'm all for it.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    See, this is how I feel about it. Demo-Man vs Vikor battle to the death. Demo-Man has been waiting around in some kind of limbo for centuries awaiting his chance to revenge himself.

I like it.
    Yeah in limbo, that's it exactly.
    I wasn't sure how much I cared for the Demo-man concept at first, but it really has grown on me. It was more his actual name, but I've come to accept that as well.
    – No comment.

First time I ever heard of Fuerza T. I did some research and it's interesting how it came about and how the line isn't a knock off but a legit use of the molds. However they are still a non-Mattel toy line.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Yeah in limbo, that's it exactly.
    I wasn't sure how much I cared for the Demo-man concept at first, but it really has grown on me. It was more his actual name, but I've come to accept that as well.
    And for the detractors of Demo-Man/skeletor (though this still probably wont sway them to like the idea) I feel that once Demo-Man's "essence" is bonded with Keldor, into an other-dimensional spirit/eternian gar hybrid, the only thing left of Demo-Man's mind is the rage and hatered for all things He-Man.

I still think Skeletor is Keldor, but I think that the power of Demo-Man and hate resonance pushed Keldor over the edge into true insanity. I dont think that limits Keldor/Skeletor, because it's all him, but the Demo-man (other than changing him phisically perhaps) was like a drug that "clears your mind" like acid or something, where it "allowed" Keldor in his skeletor persona to let all of his worst out.

Kinda like Two-Face/Harvey Dent. Harvey is Two Face, but the acid scarring "released" his evil half.

I think Demo-Man being bonded to Skeletor released what was already inside Keldor, without reservations. And makes Hordak all the more evil, as he promises a spirit revenge, though the spirit will never know if he gets it or not as he as an individual ceases to exist, ultimately denying him true revenge, and he ensures his protoge (keldor) is more in tune with his agenda and burns out any good left.

Of course this doesnt go as planed for Hordak, (ala emperor & vader) but still, it's compelling.

So Demo-Man will have to be the leader of the Fighting Foe Men. I'm glad about that. Love it. No reason to assume Keldor is any less Skeletor because of the bonding, just removing any good perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    No offence taken mate.
    Cool, thanks man.. That's a relieve.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post
    And for the detractors of Demo-Man/skeletor (though this still probably wont sway them to like the idea) I feel that once Demo-Man's "essence" is bonded with Keldor, into an other-dimensional spirit/eternian gar hybrid, the only thing left of Demo-Man's mind is the rage and hatered for all things He-Man.

I still think Skeletor is Keldor, but I think that the power of Demo-Man and hate resonance pushed Keldor over the edge into true insanity. I dont think that limits Keldor/Skeletor, because it's all him, but the Demo-man (other than changing him phisically perhaps) was like a drug that "clears your mind" like acid or something, where it "allowed" Keldor in his skeletor persona to let all of his worst out.

Kinda like Two-Face/Harvey Dent. Harvey is Two Face, but the acid scarring "released" his evil half.

I think Demo-Man being bonded to Skeletor released what was already inside Keldor, without reservations. And makes Hordak all the more evil, as he promises a spirit revenge, though the spirit will never know if he gets it or not as he as an individual ceases to exist, ultimately denying him true revenge, and he ensures his protoge (keldor) is more in tune with his agenda and burns out any good left.

Of course this doesnt go as planed for Hordak, (ala emperor & vader) but still, it's compelling.

So Demo-Man will have to be the leader of the Fighting Foe Men. I'm glad about that. Love it. No reason to assume Keldor is any less Skeletor because of the bonding, just removing any good perhaps.
    I think we're on the same page, in the same book!
    I love the bit about Hordak! Works perfect to me. Consider it all part of my canon.

Can we start writing the bios Mattel?
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    "Fighting Foe Men" was the original (one of a few) working title for the motu toy line.

Vikor = He-Man
    Demo-Man = Skeletor

And Beast Man was a monkey-bear with red fur.
    Oooh ok, that's awesome then. Still, I'm hoping that after about five years they might introduce some of those comic characters as that. And I just posted that pic because I think it's hilarious and I didn't know where else to put it... Thanks for the clarification Mr. Rooney, you have powers of MOTU info that boggle my mind. Think you can give us a hint as to the april figure?

I'm REALLY digging what you guys are coming up with, too.That's what it's all about. I'm probably just gonna kitbash some figures for Vikor to beat up. And as for the "Foe Fighters", we're gonna need a Grohl-or figure -The Magical Music Master of Might!
    Last edited by AmericanLegend; November 20, 2010 at 01:14pm.

Just listening to the last pod cast ep 27 with TG, and I just wanted to say...

"I am OFFICIALLY REQUESTING the FIGHTING FOE MEN!"
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanLegend View Post
    Thanks for the clarification Mr. Rooney, you have powers of MOTU info that boggle my mind. Think you can give us a hint as to the april figure?

Aww shucks - no problem. I really want the red Beast-Man bear thing lol. I'd love more Fighting Foe Men and I think a lot of the prototypey/proposed sketched characters that never made it to the toy shelves would fit in that kind of a sub-line.

As for the April figure... I did spill a little of what I had heard a while ago in the thread earlier today before the reveal... so I suppose my source was right about Sy-Klone having been developed
    A Want List of Sorts: Eldor, Imp, Filmation Hordak, Sweet Bee, Arrow, NA She-Ra, Spinnerella, Mermista, Gwildor, Tung Lasher, Ninjor, Lizard Man, Dragstor, Huntara, ... and all the other POP & NA characters.

You always seem to have the skinny on what's coming up... but I wouldn't want to get you in trouble either, I enjoy your hints. I agree, the red beast man and stuff like the dude with the actual ram head and the big brain guy would be cool to see under the fighting foe men banner. Was the guy with the big foot a la fisto supposed to be good or bad? Excuse me for forgetting the prototype names... Either way this would be a wonderful way to fit them all into the storyline.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    The Fighting Foe Men can be the pre-Filmation characters from the mini comic. They are all summoned by Demo-man against Vikor and all the other He-men.

- AVATAR (Yellow Stratos with feather collar, red belt)
    WEAPONS: Staff of Avion

- ABYSSOR (Blue Merman like TRU also including original Merman Head)
    WEAPONS: Blue Sword (translucent water effect)

- Red Beast (Translucent red figure)
    WEAPONS: Twin Metal Claws

Each one is a force of Nature and fight against Moss-Man

In this image we can see Demo-Man (pre-filmation Skeletor) with Avatar, Red Beast and Abyssor.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Great ideas Snake Hunter!
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    personally i think its really dumb that people HATE re-issues, but some want repainted characters, give them different bios, and all of a sudden they are cool new concepts.

i honestly think its poop.

I hope that the fighting foe men are NOTHING i have seen before.

just because they colored beastman all red, like a child would, doesnt mean that its not beastman.

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    Actually the Fighting Foe Men are an International Eternian rock band, formed in the light hemisphere during the dark ages of Eternia's history, and one of the most commercially successful and critically acclaimed acts in the history of popular Eternian music. At least that's what I'm going with for now.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Could be Lodar, Geldor, etc.

If they belong to the past...
    I love it, they dont belong to nay group and would fight perfectly in that group. Geldor drank the secret liquad of life and now he is immortal, and Lodar is a sorcerer type like count Marzo who lives a long life because of magic.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by TechTrek View Post
    personally i think its really dumb that people HATE re-issues, but some want repainted characters, give them different bios, and all of a sudden they are cool new concepts.

i honestly think its poop.

I hope that the fighting foe men are NOTHING i have seen before.

just because they colored beastman all red, like a child would, doesnt mean that its not beastman.
    I agree 100%.

I'd hate to have a recolored merman or beastman as part of the sub, when I've already got those figures & don't need a knock-off version. to me an all red beastman looks like crap, so imo they can keep it in the old comic pages. i also don't need another old school skeletor.... bring on the 200x version if they're going to redo him, rather than giving him a different bio to pass off as demo-man.... have demo-man be something we haven't seen before.

yeah i too hope that the FFM are nothing we have seen before or already have. but from the sound of it, it appears to me that Mattel has given itself an excuse to repaint figures we have to pass off as new characters 'from the past'. I hope I'm dead wrong about that though.

It's enough that we have multiple he-mans, but I don't need multiple skeletors, beastmans, mermen, stratos', etc. keep the recolored figures for the toys R us 2 packs.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Red Beast doesn't have to be a straight-up repaint of Beast Man. In fact, if his original concept art is followed, he could be quite a bit different looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Yep, Evil Stratos, Red Beastman, Demo-man are different in sculpt than final versions...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Master of Mix & Match Charlie Brown's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    Who would be a part of the Fighting Foe men- Red Beast, Demo-man, but who else?

a merman type chracter,
    a stratos like chracter
    who else?

well, for instance, most of the concept characters and unproduced prototypes, like those seen on the tomart article.
    fellow orger danbrenus is posting his latest artworks, based on this motif,
    here:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=201996

I'd like to see Red Beast use the Gygor buck.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosicrucian View Post
    Red Beast doesn't have to be a straight-up repaint of Beast Man. In fact, if his original concept art is followed, he could be quite a bit different looking.
    that makes ALOT more sense.
    i like that, because its NEW.

I personally don't buy the "we were lazy at coloring pictures" back then = lets make a figure out of it!