Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

I kind of like Dawg, but he's still kind of plain & blah, looks a little better with the visor off though. . I don't like Sherrilyn much either, mostly due to her helmeted no transparent visor head....and I never liked the BG Teela buck much....at the moment she is sporting Marlena's space suit head.

Ditz however....is my favorite of the bunch, he is really cool looking, the other 2 will eventually go back in the box for display, to make room for more of the newer more loved coming figures....but Ditz will likely stay out.

However I think the names for the most part are kind of lame.
    Recent....Flutterina, NA Skeletor
    Coming....Rio Blast (sold already)
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I kind of like Dawg, but he's still kind of plain & blah, looks a little better with the visor off though. . I don't like Sherrilyn much either, mostly due to her helmeted no transparent visor head....and I never liked the BG Teela buck much....at the moment she is sporting Marlena's space suit head.

Ditz however....is my favorite of the bunch, he is really cool looking, the other 2 will eventually go back in the box for display, to make room for more of the newer more loved coming figures....but Ditz will likely stay out.

However I think the names for the most part are kind of lame.
    Typically, plain can be boring. But in this case, I think it’s the simplicity of Dawg’s design that makes him look like he belongs in the vintage toy line. And that’s what I like about him.

I think the thing that throws me off about Ditz is the He-Ro shin guards. Those shin guards are so specific to He-Ro that seeing them on any other figure throws off the “vintage” look for me. I would have liked him better if he had come with the standard Skeletor shins (with the new ankle joint like Fang Man).

Question for someone with Ditztroyer: Is the orange of his chest close to the orange of the Palace Guard boots? If so, I may consider picking him up and slapping some Palace Guard boots on him.
    Last edited by FAKER II; June 8, 2013 at 02:41pm.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

a Muppet of a man...
    Quote Originally Posted by FAKER II View Post
    Question for someone with Ditztroyer: Is the orange of his chest close to the orange of the Palace Guard boots? If so, I may consider picking him up and slapping some Palace Guard boots on him.
    Ditz is just a shade darker, but they're pretty close. I think it would probably work.

Here's the boots side by side so you can compare apples-to-apples. This shows off the color difference a little bit more.

Got mine last night I like them, I think I got a good set, not too much warping on the weapons and Sherylyn's head seems to be pretty stationary. She did have some paint on her right forearm but that tends to be easy to deal with. I didn't really have to work too much to try any joints, well ankles on Dittz seem to be pretty tight but as long as they are in a flat position I would prefer that almost.

Only real complaint it was a bit of some work to get the gun in Sherylyn's hand.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by wyldman11 View Post
    Only real complaint it was a bit of some work to get the gun in Sherylyn's hand.
    Oh, no kidding. I finally gave up because I was so afraid of snapping that teeny little hand off.
    MOTUC Wishlist Dylamug, Songster, Evil Robot, Tuvar and Badra, Game Master, Grayskull Robot, Lizard Man, Karg, Prahvus, Skelcon(s), the new villains from He-Ro/Dare

Quote Originally Posted by Scotward View Post
    Ditz is just a shade darker, but they're pretty close. I think it would probably work.
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...psf723b661.jpg

Here's the boots side by side so you can compare apples-to-apples. This shows off the color difference a little bit more.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e9...psbb26d589.jpg
    Thanks for the response. I have extra Palace guard boots with super tight ankles in my extra parts bin because I decided to display my palace Guard with Man at Arm boots. I may pick up a Ditztroyer and slap those extra palace Guard boots on him. The figure would look more classic/vintage to me with palace Guard boots. The orange looks close enough to display well.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Got mine today!
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

I was unsure before opening these, but once I did, I really love the figures!

My review is up at http://www.uncannyfigurereview.com / http://www.facebook.com/uncannyfigurereview for anybody interesting in seeing some more photos and words about this set!

Heroic Warrior Lazer Force Zodac's Avatar
    late to the party (as usual)

20130616z 017 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

20130616z 032 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

20130616z 009 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

20130616z 037 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

20130616z 042 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr

20130616z 040 by ThePowerSword, on Flickr
    PoP Figures have to be based on the Vintage toys! This is NOT Filmation's Masters Of The Universe Classics MySpace Custom Blog

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I'm still ridding high on these figures!

I look at them every day since I got them. they have a spot next to me at my computer desk.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazer Force Zodac View Post
    late to the party (as usual)
    Wow, I had forgotten that the models whose pilots the figures are based on were that much more detailed than the actual vehicles. I have the Attak Trak stored away somewhere, but never had the other ones. Very cool stuff, and the added detail actually makes them fit in quite well with the Classics figures.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

SCB on the Fwoosh has reported spotting the FFM at his local Toys R Us:

Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Wow, I had forgotten that the models whose pilots the figures are based on were that much more detailed than the actual vehicles. I have the Attak Trak stored away somewhere, but never had the other ones. Very cool stuff, and the added detail actually makes them fit in quite well with the Classics figures.
    the attack trak is the best imo, i love the details sculpted in there plus the canopy. and the talon fighter's legs are awesome. Do the wings flap? is eem to recall them flapping on the model.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    the attack trak is the best imo, i love the details sculpted in there plus the canopy. and the talon fighter's legs are awesome. Do the wings flap? is eem to recall them flapping on the model.
    THat I don't know; the only one I have stashed away somewhere is the Trak. Flapping wings would be a cool feature, though, regardless.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

is that model attacktrack big enough to put SMS behind the wheel??
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Warrior
    Weird-- I'm surprised no one has commented on this. Maybe a practical joke?? The bar code being marked out and the fact that there isn't a tag makes me suspicious. I guess I'd pick them up if they were $30, but knowing TRU they're full price.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

Thoughts?

Wow those are some great pics man thanks for sharing! The FFM are all awesome figures definitely some of my favorite figures of this line, I think given the fact that they all scream vintage motu to me.
    – No comment.

Fighting Foe men on their respective vehicles

Anyone have any pics of the fighting foe men on their respective orignal vehicles. I am assuming that dittstroyer wont work on the roton but the other 2 could work.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post

Thoughts?
    That's...new.