Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Fighting Foe Men discussion

I agree, the name originally had me thinking something TOTALLY diffrent!
    So when the vintage MOTU Monogram Model kit box cover illustration Pilots turned up I WAS THRILLED!!!

I have ALWAYS loved these pieces of artwork by Larry Elmore! I cant wait to have these figures to replace my customs of them I had made.

Heroic Warrior
    The whole vehicle theme is weird and I don't like the way it's designed into the figures. I'll have to see more of them and ultimayely have them in hand before I render my best verdict.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    As far as I'm concerned they are the best way to celebrate the anniversary (except for The Castle Grayskull Wraith I don't like the anniversary figures), the Roton pilot is so evil and the heroic pilots are so MAD MAX!
    This is the best surprise of the SDCC, I enjoyed Jitsu and Ram Man but since they never got the figure form, well... I'm really out of my mind for these figures!
    And I'm thinking about the disappointing 3 pack from the 2011, I'll remember forever the 3 pack of 2012!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Its amazing.

We got Wind Raider, but the Wind Raider Pilot hasnīt been done.

Now we have the Roton, Attack Trak and Talon Fighter Riders and no new vehicle anouncements. Really who cares?

I want a Roton and a Talon Fighter!!!
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    There are so many things wrong with these characters...

First, their names are stupid.
    Second, the color schemes are bad.
    Third, The concept of them having weapons that look like the vehicles they ride is lame.

Why do all these new characters including 30th figures look like they were designed by a class of 2nd grade children? Any attempt to make new figures thus far has been an epic fail. Draego-Man is the only exception.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Why do all these new characters including 30th figures look like they were designed by a class of 2nd grade children? Any attempt to make new figures thus far has been an epic fail. Draego-Man is the only exception.
    as far as opinion on style beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder but...

You know these ain't new designs right? they're off model kits from the 80's, its also were the coloring comes from.

I'm happy and disappointed at the same time. I don't like that these are the fighting foe men. They all look like heroic warriors to me, and they don't look like they belong in Pre-Eternia. As for the figures themselves, aside from the vintage reveals(especially Jitsu and Ram Man), these were my favourite figures revealed. Individually they all look great, really great. But where's the Windraider pilot?

Evil and Reads Everything Straight Edge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    You know these ain't new designs right? they're off model kits from the 80's, its also were the coloring comes from.
    I think a lot of the animosity we see comes from that very same misconception. This line has introduced exactly 5 new characters - Draego-Man, Spector, Laser-lot, Cy-Chop and Castle Grayskullman.

Everything else is culled from:
    - Pre-production art (Vikor, Demo-Man, Vykron, etc)
    - Canceled/unproduced figures (He-Ro, Star Sisters, King Grayskull, Photog)
    - Vintage Comics (Goddess, Procrustus, Strobo, Battleground Teela)
    - Filmation (Fang-Man, Marlena, Eternos Randor)

The point of this line was to be all-inclusive. To take all the myriad concepts and all the disparate designs and characters and weave them into one complete history. The "Fighting Foe Men" achieve that perfectly, giving us 4 Horsemen designs of the three Monogram pilots in one fell swoop.

I really , really like these guys. I am excited to see how their bio will explain them and I love the vehicle motifs, like their fearsome legends served as the inspiration for the vehicles in the future. Thw sitching of the chest plates to Horde Symbols (iirc) is meh for me because I like the vehicle inspired ones so much better.

These are totally avatars of the imagination and I don't know if I am going to split them up or keep them as a team near Demo-man.
    Ask not for whom MOTUC is made, it's made for thee.

If you have to disclaimer your like, then you don't really like it.

Where are people seeing their names, and what are they?

I love these guys (and girl)! It's also exciting that there's still the WR pilot. And I know it'll never happen, but Emiliano's rendition of a male Attak Trak driver would fit right in with these too.

For me, these 3 figures were the best reveals of the entire show. I love the color schemes and vintage toy inspired attire and weapons. They just look like fun figures. The girl is my favorite. She's really well designed.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I like these. Next best thing to getting more vehicles IMHO.

And mad respect to the awesome folks at 4H Studios so no offense, but yeah, definitely could've used better names.

I just don't like blatantly silly with my MotU.

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Definitely one of my favorite reveals of the show! I've been wanting these forever and they look great!
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior Fighting Foe Man's Avatar
    I love the Fighting Foe Men! They are just such fantastic looking characters that will fit perfectly into this absolutely amazing line of action figures!
    "Bei der macht von Grayskull, Ich habe die Zauberkraft!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I love them (except the names which are quite bad) but isn't it just a little bit laughable that the only pilot figure they didn't release is the one that we actually have a vehicle for?

Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    I quite like them!
    They are named after the helpers of the Four Horsemen, Sherri Lynn Cook, Owen Oertling and Shane Dittsworth (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie3429 View Post
    as far as opinion on style beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder but...

The characters on the boxes of the models weren't 100% shown and they had to be inventive with much of the design. As far as the name of the characters and the weapons they have, making them look like their vehicles was a bad call... just like the 30th figures and Vykron.

Quote Originally Posted by super-munkyboy View Post
    I quite like them!
    They are named after the helpers of the Four Horsemen, Sherri Lynn Cook, Owen Oertling and Shane Dittsworth (Correct me if I'm wrong)
    If that's the case then now we know where the names came from... but the trend of paying homage to this person and that person is getting out of hand, especially when the name of the character is concerned.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    Where are people seeing their names, and what are they?

The names are really lame!
    But who cares? I can change them! When I'll made the custom boxes I'll use these names:
    Jedediah, heroic pilot
    Arkie, heroic driver
    Armageddonizer, evil driver
    Take a look at the Emiliano versions and at the original arts:

Last edited by JoeyCruel; July 14, 2012 at 12:59pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    That is correct, but they are full-time employees, not so much "helpers".

Shane and Owen do molding/casting/sculpting and Sherri is their prototype painter.

I have ZERO problem with names paying tribute to them, I just wish it weren't so obvious, a little more cleverly obscured, and more MotU-ish. I mean, seriously . . . "Dawg" as a MotU name?

I like them a lot! Those three look great, the only thing iīm not so thrilled about is the Roton symbol, itīs to big and obvious, for my taste.

That one of them is female is great, they really look great.

I donīt get the Horde symbol switch possibility. Why would we do that? Iīm waiting for an explanation.

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Ha ha I know they're more than helpers, but The FOur Horsemen and employees is not as good as helpers... or even minions

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Niki View Post
    I donīt get the Horde symbol switch possibility. Why would we do that? Iīm waiting for an explanation.
    The Horsemen really like the Horde, and would want their figures to be part of it, so i assume the same applies to their employees too
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I LOVE these folks! What a great way to give the Fighting Foe Men a "face" and also use these boxart guys. My friend and I spent a good portion of last night creating personalities for these guys based on the look. So much potential! I love each one for different reasons...well, save for the names. At the very least the names are hilarious! Still, I don't feel like looking them up now sooo...

- Cape Guy - My favorite of the bunch. He looks like a sorceror with a tech angle, so I imagine he's done a lot of research into the technological past of the planet.

- Trak girl - Though her face doesn't look it; I think i'm developing her as a sadistic nutjob. We don't really have many of those, and I think she fits the bill! Also looks like a good candidate for a cybernetic Horde upgrade.

- Talon Man - My friend was pointing out how sad his face looks, and suggested that he might be the tragic figure among them. Like he was Vikor's friend and perhaps another candidate for the Power Sword, but he didn't get it. Makes for an interesting story!

Of course this may or may not change when we get the bios. I still like making up new stuff for them!
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Thank you for those pictures JoeyCruel. I love the Fighting Foe Men! They are to my MOTUC collection what the Dreadnocks are to G.I. Joe. They're so Mad Max. I pretend ("you can pretend!") that they are thieves who (try to) steal He-Man and Skeletor's vehicles and technology, etc. Can't wait till Q2.
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; July 14, 2012 at 05:58pm.

Hmm, I might pass on these. I like that they are furthering the universe but I do not have physical space for all of these new figures.

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I might pass on these. I like that they are furthering the universe but I do not have physical space for all of these new figures.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Do they actually have names? If so, what are they? Are they what Alexx called them?
    Does Galactus fart?