View Poll Results: Would you buy a three-pack containing one of each type of Skeletor's troops?

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I would buy one.

8 8.99%
  • Yes, I would buy multiples.

30 33.71%
  • Maybe, depending on price, release date, etc.

14 15.73%
  • No thanks, not for me.

33 37.08%
  • Other, please explain.

4 4.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skeletor's Troops: Would You Buy a Three-Pack Containing One of Each?

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)

Skeletor's Troops: Would You Buy a Three-Pack Containing One of Each?

So, I had this idea after reading the two-packs poll thread. What if, instead of getting A two-pack with only two of a single type of minion, we got a three-pack with one of each? This would theoretically include a Robot Knight, a Skeleton Warrior and a Skelcon. Now, I realise this would be expensive, given the fact it's a three pack, we're into higher price points now and there's a lot of new tooling involved, BUT it would be the definitive Skeletor army builder, would it not? Seems like each version of the mythos can't decide what sort of troops Skeletor would have, so why not release them all?

Your thoughts, please! Elaborate where needed.
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Skeleton Warrior and Robot Knights are cool, not really into the Skelcon.
    Quote the Raven, Nevermore.
    It can't rain all the time.

"Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another."

Maybe. I'm not too excited about Skelcons; I'd be fine with a pair. Robot Knights I would want about 6-10. Skeleton Warriors... Meh. If made, I'd get about 4, but I could do without.

If this set was made, I'd probably get 2-4, but sell or trade some stuff.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Way to Go Club Etheria!

Honestly, unless it included the movie shock trooper, I wouldn't buy it. I have no interest in the Skelcon or the Skeleton warrior and I think the Hover Robots are almost sure to get made next year.
    WTB:
    Loose: Palace Guards, Snake Men, Horde Troopers, Keldor Cape, Marlena Rifle, Whiplash
    MOC w/ mailers: Whiplash

Honestly the only thing left that I want is a great Entrapta!

I'd totally get it. And multiple ones. The Skelcons are awesome. I've wanted the robot knights for a long time. Honestly, the ones I am least fond of are the skeleton warriors, and that's because I think they kinda take a little something away from Skeletor, having a Skull face and all.

I'm actually fine with Skeletor NOT having an army builder, since he is basically an outcast after all. His evil warriors are his army.

If anything, I guess the Robot knights make the most sense, since they were used throughout Filmation and in the He-Man app game.
    Let's get HUNGA THE HARPY before 2016!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Dont feel this is the way to go.
    not everyone is going to want some figures or multiples of.
    would be better to have individual two packs.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

A Robot Knight shouldn't count as a full figure by any stretch of the imagination. They're approximately Orko/Kowl-sized, and they sold Orko for what amounted to a $5 accessory for the $20 Prince Adam figure (even though nominally Orko was the "figure" and Adam was the "accessory") and Kowl as part of a weapons pack (!!). They should release 3 or 4 robots in a single-card ($25) slot; otherwise, it would be a total rip-off. And I don't think they should be mixed with full-sized figures because, being much smaller (and thus taking up less space each), they're at a different, higher, army-building potential level.

The other potential Evil Warrior army builders are:

-Skelcons (Ladybird)
    -Skeleton Warriors (videogame)
    -Bone/Mutant Warriors (200x)
    -Black Centurions (1987 movie)
    -Air Centurions (1987 movie)

It would make sense to release a 2-pack of the movie troopers (Black Centurion + Air Centurion, with hoverdisk as accessory), whereas the other three are from different sources and thus don't seem as closely related to each other as to merit a joint release. I'm totally in favour of releasing mixed 2-packs of related characters that come from the same source (such as the 2 kinds of movie troopers, the NA Mutant and Primus troopers, the two kinds of Filmation mermen warriors, the 2 Filmation Comet People, the 2 minicomics Comet People, character pairs such as Tuvar & Baddhra or the Masks of Power demons, a 2- or 3-pack of the Obelisk Warriors, etc.). But mixing characters from different sources that are only tenously related could backfire, because each would target a different collector audience.
    Madrid | Lang It Yourself | Dozens | Angast, Aramesh, Aroo, Azrog, Balina, Basher, Batmek, Bone Throne, Celice, Collector, Colossor, Dark Dream, Delora, Dragosaur, Elmora, Eternos Palace, Garth, Gleedal, Granita, Hexon, Ileena, Kittrina, Majestra, Molkrom, Mortella, Ollo, Orko's Bed, Rabar, Sandipede, Schminivit, Snoob, Sumana, Tamusk, Tataran, Tic-Toc, Valtira, Wolfbat, Yog, Zilora, Zoog

not at all interested int he little skelly robots ... never dug them in my youth either.. i rather like the idea of skeletor just working with mercenaries..
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    If it was the only way to get a bunch of Robot Knights, then yes, I would buy multiple packs...
    **Staunch FILMation Subscription supporter!!! **** NEEDS a New Adventures Subscription!!!**

MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

I really don't want a bunch of Skelcons. And 3 packs are so much!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Really I would want 1 Skeleton Warrior and 2 Robot Knights pack and I would get 3 packs.

Cambridge, New Zealand (formerly South Africa)
    Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    A Robot Knight shouldn't count as a full figure by any stretch of the imagination. They're approximately Orko/Kowl-sized, and they sold Orko for what amounted to a $5 accessory for the $20 Prince Adam figure (even though nominally Orko was the "figure" and Adam was the "accessory") and Kowl as part of a weapons pack (!!). They should release 3 or 4 robots in a single-card ($25) slot; otherwise, it would be a total rip-off. And I don't think they should be mixed with full-sized figures because, being much smaller (and thus taking up less space each), they're at a different, higher, army-building potential level.

The other potential Evil Warrior army builders are:

-Skelcons (Ladybird)
    -Skeleton Warriors (videogame)
    -Bone/Mutant Warriors (200x)
    -Black Centurions (1987 movie)
    -Air Centurions (1987 movie)

It would make sense to release a 2-pack of the movie troopers (Black Centurion + Air Centurion, with hoverdisk as accessory), whereas the other three are from different sources and thus don't seem as closely related to each other as to merit a joint release. I'm totally in favour of releasing mixed 2-packs of related characters that come from the same source (such as the 2 kinds of movie troopers, the NA Mutant and Primus troopers, the two kinds of Filmation mermen warriors, the 2 Filmation Comet People, the 2 minicomics Comet People, character pairs such as Tuvar & Baddhra or the Masks of Power demons, a 2- or 3-pack of the Obelisk Warriors, etc.). But mixing characters from different sources that are only tenously related could backfire, because each would target a different collector audience.
    Good range of opinions here. It's good to talk about these sorts of things.

I basically didn't include the movie troopers because Mattel doesn't have the rights to them. I'd clean forgotten about the bone/slime warriors from 200X though! Those are probably more popular than the skeleton warriors (which actually first appeared in the MVC comic) too.

Personally, I hate the robot knights, but I know people want them the most for whatever reason. (I'd probably buy a bunch if they came out though, just to even out the armies). :P Just don't feel they fit him, really (plus I think they look silly). The Horde already has plenty of robot foot soldiers and I'd rather the armies be completely unique from each other.

I remember the Skelcons from the Ladybird book I've had since I was a wee one, so they hold a special place in my heart, the creepy buggers. Seems they'd be the easiest to tool, too.

I really like the MVC/videogame skeleton warriors though, just because of the bulky armour on the skinny skeleton. I just think it looks really cool. It makes sense for Skeletor to be bit of a necromancer too, raising the fallen dead to do his bidding on the battlefield. In that sense, I guess the bone warriors are fairly similar, but I prefer the look of the more humanoid skeletons.

My prediction is that we'll get the robot knights and that will be it, which will sadden me. So I guess I'd rather have the chance to get something from each source rather than just the one source. :\
    Evil Simian Mechanic of the Horde!

Be better than FFM and SS.

Heroic Warrior
    I love the Horde Troopers, but I have little interest in Skeletor army builders, I just don't think any of them are that great. Robot Knights just look like flying garbage cans to me?

I don't want any more 3-packs, too much dough, and I only care about the Filmation Hover Bots, Robot Knights, whatever they're officially called.
    Recent....Unnamed One & Hydron
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Double Trouble, Light Hope, Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I always get messed up with this type of question because I pretty much buy anything but it's not what I would want if I had the choice. Don't care about Skelcons.

Yes this is the only three pack I would buy multiples
    Skelcons (Ladybird), Skeleton Warriors (MVC Comic, videogames), Hover Robots (Filmation)
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I like to have four of each army builder so this would be pretty expensive all at once. But I would like the hover robots, the skeleton warriors (both game version & MYP), but not really wanting Skelcons.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

I mean, I think we should get a 2 pack of each seperately because that's alot of new tooling.

But technically if they made it? Sure, I'd get at least 2. Like you said, really build that army.

Frankly the Skelecons are kinda the ones I want most, since they are so unique and I love the all-inclusiveness of the line, and bringing it all into the fold.

So good idea, will never happen.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    More appropriate to keep those figures separated into standard 2-packs instead of mixing them.

No thanks, I'd rather they be released in separate packs.

Heroic Warrior
    nope. I would see this as paying for 3 things and only wanting one. Maybe two. I really don't remember the skeleton warrirors.

Zero interest in skelecons. I would sooner support a 3 pack of robot knights... but I don't want just 'one' of them.

I'd rather just have them release a pack of two or three Hover Robots (way easier to army build that way), but I'd take this 3-pack as well if that would be the only way to go. Skelcons are kinda nice, don't absolutely need them (as opposed to the Hover Robots - who, for me are a must have item), but would be okay with getting them as well. No interest in Skeleton Warriors, though. Would keep one for the collection, but sell the ones (along with a few Skelcons) from multiple packs I'd probably buy to get more Hover Robots.

I like the idea of these two movie characters , the Black Centurion and Air Centurion. I also like the Skelecons, they remind me of something out of Hieronymus Bosh painting.

Didn`t TG say that there will be no more 3-Packs? I would not be interested anyway. Maybe a single carded Filmation robot, but it`s certainly no must-have for me. And I`m not into armybuilding, never saw the fascination in that.
    MOTUC Most Wanted : Battle Ram, Attak Trak, Stridor, Night Stalker, Tung Lashor, Dragstor, Masks of Power Demons, Alcala-Style-Figures, Point Dread & Talon Fighter