View Poll Results: Would you be in favor of Super7 reissuing past MOTUC figures?

Voters
126. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

88 69.84%
  • No

38 30.16%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you be in favor of Super7 reissuing MOTUC figures?

Would you be in favor of Super7 reissuing MOTUC figures?

Would you be okay with Super7 reissuing MOTUC figures already in our collections to give new collectors a shot at them, or would you be concerned about the figures' conductibility, or perhaps you'd be concerned with the limited factory time being used for existing figures rather than new ones? Personally I'd be in favor of reissuing popular figures (He-Man, Man-At-Arms, etc.) and expensive figures on Ebay (Fisto, Shadow Weaver, etc.).

Yes definitely a certain few...
    Shadow Weaver
    Fisto
    Rammy
    Stinkor
    Beast-Man
    Wun-Dar
    Tri-Klops
    Roboto
    Whiplash
    Meckaneck
    Snake Men(different colors)
    Sorceress...

Yes, I think it would be cool for people who are new to the line to be able to buy older figures at non-inflated prices. Also, I'm sure that some of the people that already have them wouldn't mind picking up extras for customs, to keep MOC, or for just whatever reason.

Plus, it would be a way for SUPER7 to make a little extra cash on stuff that requires no new tooling.
    Odd Man Out

ABSOLUTELY

If it does not directly impact the release of new figures it would only help to have figures that are otherwise way to expensive second hand. Also possible fixes could make them very desirable to collectors that already had them.

Also if Mattel never does Rotar & Twistoid again (And I see no reason they will at this point) it may be the only way I personally can get them at a fair price.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DC_WARLORD View Post
    Yes, I think it would be cool for people who are new to the line to be able to buy older figures at non-inflated prices. Also, I'm sure that some of the people that already have them wouldn't mind picking up extras for customs, to keep MOC, or for just whatever reason.

Plus, it would be a way for SUPER7 to make a little extra cash on stuff that requires no new tooling.
    this exactly

YES.

Because bringing in new collectors would be crucial to the continued sales of the line. Just repackage or otherwise mark them as re-releases.

(And so long as the re-releases don't prevent the newest offerings from making it to the table, of course!)
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Only if they do not interfere or take the spot of new figures and only if they were not club exclusives.

Canadian 3-packs hunter bObA_fEtt_Ox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    Only if they do not interfere or take the spot of new figures and only if they were not club exclusives.
    I agree with that.
    $$$$$ WANT TO BUY, HIGHTEST PRICES OFFERED $$$$$

>>>>> Heroic warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil Warriors 3-pack <<<<<
    >>>>> Evil horde 3-pack <<<<<

$$$$$ Email:bObA_fEtt1979@hotmail.com $$$$$

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Nope thanks, need the few resources we still have to move forward.
    Leave it to Val & Power Con folks instead!...Variants should be the way to go for almost all of them, problem solved!
    Holy Grail of a lifetime:
    Mask Of Power - Kex Queen - Krrylak - Hoove - Staghorn - Shezar - Tataran - Kothos - Melog - Saryn (Evil Witch) - Dylamug -Slob-Boar - Ra-Jar - Odar - Garn (Mini-Comics) - Robowoman - Major Header - Saw-Tooth - Prince Dakon - Ever-Mean - Karg - Muck Man - Missile Toe

They could reissue the figures with slight repaints. Like Teela with red boots/armor, MAA with toy colors, Beast Man with toy colors, Ram Man in cross sell colors, etc.

Or as someone else said, that could go through Power Con. Either way!

Quote Originally Posted by Lich Leech View Post
    They could reissue the figures with slight repaints. Like Teela with red boots/armor, MAA with toy colors, Beast Man with toy colors, Ram Man in cross sell colors, etc.

Or as someone else said, that could go through Power Con. Either way!
    This is why I finally voted no. I would not support reissues beyond army builders in the main line at this point. We are close to 200 figures already. I'd prefer them to be original. Filmation accurate variants are great for CG though, and I'll buy them in that line. I'd even support Shadow Weaver in that line! Powercon is perfect for repaints. .

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I vote yes for the reissues just have Super 7 add their logo somewhere on the package in place of any current logos that do not belong to Mattel. I believe that the Matty Collector logo is one that can go and maybe the one from DR if there is one. Also stamp one part of the figure with the Super 7 logo as well.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

See My "Griffen Thailonis" Youtube Channel in the link below:

Gry-Phon Thailonis Youtube Channel, My Youtube Channel

Mostly Playlists for now, but I have a variety of music styles and artists play listed, as well as playlists for He-Man & She-Ra, Transformers, G. I. Joe, DC Super Powers, and Marvel Heroes. Subscribe Also.

Heroic Warrior
    Yes, what he said!
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

I have no interest in them myself but I'd be fine with them being made for others who missed them.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I have no problem with reissues.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    I think the only way I would be interested if Super 7 took these re-issues and made the 5 POA dream figures the way that the fans have always wanted, without the limitations in toy manufacturing from the 80's.

Imagine if Vintage toy Mer-Man had his actual cardback head, yellow gloved hands and yellow shin armor from the artwork? Or He-Man with his boot straps and boot fur painted. No cheap paint apps like He-Man and his flesh colored bracers or all red/brown boots. And no rubber holding the legs together.

Spice it up with Caucasian Stratos, Blonde Teela (or Battleground Teela for another look), Green Trap Jaw, Mini-Comic Tri-Klops, Blue-Vest Adam with a different expression, etc.

I doubt those figures would ever get made, but imagine 5" figures that jumped from the artwork and cardback, instead of the mass produced figures with changes that we did get. I don't think I would collect everyone, but definitely the characters up to 1983.

The Official 200X Sorceress vs 200X Evil-Lyn 2 Pack Support Thread
    The Blonde Teela Thread

Sagitar (Jetlag) • Azdar • Belzar • Chazdar • 200X Evil-Lyn • 200X Teenage Prince Adam • 200X Teenage Teela • 200X Sorceress • General Rattlor (MYP) • 200X King Randor and Queen Marlena • 200X Battle Armor King Randor and Battle Armor Queen Marlena • Ice Armor He-Man • WMD Roboto

Snappy Threader
    I have no issues with re-issues.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I think the only way I would be interested if Super 7 took these re-issues and made the 5 POA dream figures the way that the fans have always wanted, without the limitations in toy manufacturing from the 80's.

Imagine if Vintage toy Mer-Man had his actual cardback head, yellow gloved hands and yellow shin armor from the artwork? Or He-Man with his boot straps and boot fur painted. No cheap paint apps like He-Man and his flesh colored bracers or all red/brown boots. And no rubber holding the legs together.

Spice it up with Caucasian Stratos, Blonde Teela (or Battleground Teela for another look), Green Trap Jaw, Mini-Comic Tri-Klops, Blue-Vest Adam with a different expression, etc.

I doubt those figures would ever get made, but imagine 5" figures that jumped from the artwork and cardback, instead of the mass produced figures with changes that we did get. I don't think I would collect everyone, but definitely the characters up to 1983.
    I would be all over this

Yes, but I would only consider buying them if they come on a vintage style packaging. Unless they are mini-comic variants like MegaGearMax suggested, 'cause in that case I'll buy them all. Twice.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I would be fine with reissues, but they should have new deco or different accessories, like Auburn (vintage colored) hair for Fisto, or lose the 200x head, etc. Or even have them on New styled packaging, to show that they are reissues. This would be great, you could do all of the Re-issues on the red burst vintage style packaging, and people trying to complete their collection won't be mad that new figures aren't on the old green brick style packaging.

But there should be SOME kind of difference showing they are reissues. Whether it's deco, Accessories, or packaging. Not just "THE ORIGINAL!" burst either

Would love a reissue. Really need a filmation He-Man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Widget
    As a fairly new collector (but a lifelong fan) I avoided the Classics Line because I only discovered it a year or two into its initial run. I would LOVE to see some of the Classics reissued, because I'm not able to pay the inflated after market prices for some of the Classics line. But that's just me....

VR

Quote Originally Posted by Vox.Robotica View Post
    As a fairly new collector (but a lifelong fan) I avoided the Classics Line because I only discovered it a year or two into its initial run. I would LOVE to see some of the Classics reissued, because I'm not able to pay the inflated after market prices for some of the Classics line. But that's just me....

VR
    Exactly the same as that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hardcore MOTUC Collector KelvAcos's Avatar
    Exactly!
    My MOTUC collection here ====> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3mddgXWJ7M

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post

This would be so awesome!!! I am totally behind this idea!
    Odd Man Out

SURE!!

Would be a great chance to re-do a few botched mattel designs, like the FAT armor figures, Rio-blast, New Adv Skeletor, King Hiss, Sea Hawk, ETC. Not to mention things like Rio-blasts HORRIBLE chest flap and guns, Frostas white colors and Stinkors arms that POP

Also bring in new blood to boost the line.