Thread: Mission: Find the MIA Toy Commercials

Hexcellent Horror Hostess

Mission: Find the MIA Toy Commercials

According to this thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ht=commercials

The following classic Masters of the Universe Toy Commercials are MISSING or reputedly existed at one time:

Rare Filmation Toy Commercial (the French-language version has been found IIRC)
    He-Man & Skeletor
    Prince Adam & Orko
    Jitsu
    Tri-Klops
    Roboto
    Stinkor
    Two-Bad
    Moss Man
    Clamp Champ/Ninjor
    Scare Glow
    Blast Attack/Squeeeze/Snake Face/Buzz Saw Hordak & Mosquitor
    Road Ripper
    Roton

Nobody currently knows where these commercials are, but they must be out there somewhere. I bet if we all looked through old VHS tapes we could find some of these. I have a bunch of old tapes in the attic that I used to tape TV shows back in the day. I'm going to eventually try to look through and see if I turn anything up. It'd be cool to find the missing commercials.

For me personally, I'd like to see that Prince Adam/Orko commercial again. I mean, where the eff is that thing?!
    Last edited by Penny Dreadful; November 22, 2010 at 12:29am.

Could you also check your tapes for Transformers and G.I. Joe commercials as well?

I was thinking about opening a thread to check if someone has He-Man Top Toys commercials.
    No one seems to remember here, but there was a commercial (I think it was Battle Armor He-Man & Sy-Klone) in which there's a Soda delivery guy who accidentally hear 2 children playing with the voices of Skeletor & HM and enters their room to find them playing; that soda guy actor is very well known now and his movie has won last Academy Award for foreign language film.
    Last edited by Rhanen; November 22, 2010 at 04:25pm.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

i got a few years ago, also downloaded from mIRC, i'll check if i have something never seen

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbot View Post
    Could you also check your tapes for Transformers and G.I. Joe commercials as well?
    Sure. I plan on hooking up the VCR and just fast-forwarding old tapes while I work out on my elliptical. Hopefully I'll eventually run across something. I think I still have maybe 6 or 7 tapes that date back to the mid-late 80s.

~Penny~

Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post

The following classic Masters of the Universe Toy Commercials are MISSING or reputedly existed at one time:

Rare Filmation Toy Commercial (the French-language version has been found IIRC)
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=172950

Right outside your window - MWAHAHAHAHA!!!
    Here's what I'd like to see again.

I used to have some tapes of cartoons I had recorded from TV, and during those shows, I always recorded the commercial breaks because of the toy commercials. Those tapes died when my home flooded during Hurricane Katrina.

Anyway, I had a commercial on there that I've never seen anyone put online. It was a commercial for Sy-Klone with a teaser tacked onto the end. The one online that I've seen is a teaser for Stonedar and Rokkon, but the one I had featured a teaser for the Evil Horde.

The big Mattel logo comes up at the end of the commercial and then swings open like a door. A tray slides out from the opening and the hole is backlit with bright white light. The five original Horde members - Hordak, Mantenna, Leech, Grizzlor, and Modulok - are on the tray but because of the light, you can only see their silhouettes, no details. The sudden invasion is accompanied with screaming electric guitars in the background and the voiceover is something like, "Hordak! He's coming soon with the Evil Horde!"

The Horde are my favorite faction in MOTU, and the seeds for that were laid by this teaser, and of course the eventual commercials for the Evil Horde and then Modulok. Anybody else remember this commercial, and more importantly, have a copy of it that I could download?
    Always remember: Pillage BEFORE you burn!

There was also a commercial for Faker way back in the day. It was one of those earlier "let's mess with dad" style ads. I LOVE to see that one again.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    There was also a commercial for Faker way back in the day. It was one of those earlier "let's mess with dad" style ads. I LOVE to see that one again.
    Wow, that sounds REALLY familiar! I seem to vaguely recall this. These commercials must be out there somewhere. I have my pile of tapes but haven't had time to start fast forwarding through them. I'm certain I have some He-Man and She-Ra commercials on these tapes (one of them is actually labeled She-Ra commercial) but not sure if any of the missing ones are on there.

There's another one for the Wind Raider and Battle Ram, where the kids startle dad as he relaxes in a hammock.
    WANTED: Comic From SDCC Vykron!
    Mini Comic want list:
    Terror Claws Strike
    Skeletor's Journey
    And any and all PoP mini's.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I have about 30 or so MOTU/POP commercials. If anyone has an idea on how I can get them to you, let me know and I will.

Roboto did appear in the Dragon Blaster Skeletor commercial, that I know. (and just saw) I was also looking for a Tri-Klops commercial too. I thought it odd they didn't have one.

PS - The Sy-Klone commercial I have has the Rock Warriors ad at the end. I'll look for the Horde one though.