Thread: Flight stand clips for Swiftwind, Battle Cat, Panthor?

Flight stand clips for Swiftwind, Battle Cat, Panthor?

You can do some amazing things with the flight stands Matty offers on its Web site. You can display MOTUC figures flying (BuzzOff, 200x Zodac, etc.) or create other effects such as Webstor propelling downward, Beastman leaping forward (or being knocked backward by a powerful punch!), or Mer-Man swimming and exploring the depths of your display case, bookshelf or computer desk.
    The flight stands come with three clips, each larger than the last, to give you versatility in the number of figures you can use these with. But what about Battle Cat, Panthor, Swiftwind and other beasts? I personally would like to display Battle Cat leaping, or Swiftwind flying in the air.
    Therefore, I recommend we make a strong suggestion to Mattel to include beast-sized flight clips with Panthor and Swiftwind, and future releases of Battle Cat and other "beast" MOTUC products. Either this or offer the clips as a separate product on its site. This would be a benefit not only to the customer but also to the company, as it would provide an added value to the product, as well as an incentive for consumers to go online and purchase their own flight stands.

I'd love to hear your feedback on this subject!

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...on_004_web.jpg

http://i806.photobucket.com/albums/y...on_003_web.jpg

Last edited by AdultCollector; November 24, 2010 at 04:23am.

Bad A.......er, simply put, Amazing!

Wow! REALLY Cool! I like what you have done!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

When I saw the title my initial thought was why would BC need a flight stand? Seeing these pics though it becomes clear these action stands have some pretty cool potential.

These flight stands are awesome..I know these aren't MOTUC figs but this shows what else you can do with them..

I am going to get a few sets.

By the way these are not my pictures, but a friend on facebook.

Very creative jiveSEVEN! I ordered up my second and third set today

i used a larger doll stand on bc and the smallest ones for figures.

Last edited by MANGLORD; November 24, 2010 at 08:23am.
    MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

How about someone tell me if they think the clips idea is a good one or not.

Great stuff btw Mang! Sent you a PM about the She-Ra. I want to know how to customize her like that!

I like the FlightPose stands:

http://www.flightpose.com/
    SUPERHEMANMIKE

"It tasted good..." - Gwildor

When in doubt, buy toys! KalesDad's Avatar
    Of course it's a great idea AC!! Though the stands you and others are using seem to be working just fine, gotta get me some of those!

I really love your pic of He-Man's power punch, and Tytus picking up Faker, so cool!

jiveSEVEN, that SuperBoy is fantastic!! I'm sure it's from the DC Classics, but if I'm wrong, please let me know. Pretty sure I gotta have that figure.

SUPERHEMANMIKE, those FlightPose stands are pretty awesome too! Though it'd be great to just have a single-posted stand that'd hold up on it's own.
    Last edited by KalesDad; November 24, 2010 at 07:35pm.
    Great B/S/T'ers: Slayor, Blue Monkey, no_frills_inc, the80sdrummer, Super He-Man, loadzone, Troy-Klops, Son of Keldor, soundwavempl, masterenglish, Mern-Ra, and gl28141!

My .org Feedback, and My Ebay For Sale!

Quote Originally Posted by KalesDad View Post
    Of course it's a great idea AC!! Though the stands you and others are using seem to be working just fine, gotta get me some of those!

I really love your pic of He-Man's power punch, and Tytus picking up Faker, so cool!

He-Bro, that SuperBoy is fantastic!! I'm sure it's from the DC Classics, but if I'm wrong, please let me know. Pretty sure I gotta have that figure.

SUPERHEMANMIKE, those FlightPose stands are pretty awesome too! Though it'd be great to just have a single-posted stand that'd hold up on it's own.
    KalesDad, that superboy is a DCUC figure and it is from Wave 13. It is very cheap and easy to find. It's a great figure as well.

Interesting use of an alternate form of flight stand, although it looks like you're using three stands instead of the one. A good point was brought up, it does seem that to an extent the stands are able to suffice in terms of displaying our figures. They could be enhanced by a beast flight stand clip, but we'll see how well Swiftwind is held up by them. Unfortunately due to the copyrights involved I don't believe Spymonkey will be able to come to the rescue in this instance.

Modified using this figure, on sale for $7.50+shipping.

Matty responded to the flight stand clip suggestion!
    4.) Is it possible that we may see beast-sized flight stand clips in the future for Battle Cat, Panthor, Swiftwind, etc?

Not very likely. The Beasts many times are the “stand” for the figure. If there is enough demand from fans we can look into this, but no plans in the works now.

What do you say? Are the current clips okay or should we continue to ask for new clips? Battle Cat balances okay on the clips, so Panthor will, although I'm not sure what will happen with future beast figures.

Also, what about Mattel including a special flight stand in the package if we get a MOTUC Wind Raider or other flying vehicle?
    Last edited by AdultCollector; December 16, 2010 at 06:56pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Regarding TG's answer, I'm not terribly disappointed, espeially seeing as how well the Matty stands and others work. There are alternatives, so no loss for me.

In fact, with Buzz Off arriving soon, I'm due for more Matty flight stands. Sy-Klone, DC VS MOTU Stratos and Hawkman will need them!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I mentioned this to Toy Guru at the past Con, but not about flight stands for beast, which does look awesome by the way, but taller flight stands, like in the comic con display case. Stratos is soaring in the sky above the action, not just barely hovering above the ground. I would like a taller flight stand or one that is adjustable in height so some could hover while others fly. Its sad they don't even use their own products for the display, due to them not being good enough to simulate flight. Why should we settle for anything less.

Word has it from Power-Con that Mattel is now looking into flight stands for beasts!? Let's make it happen!

YES! I'd love to see flight stands for the beasts! Especially for that gorgeous new Griffin!!!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

I definitely want them for Swifty and Griffon!