Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Still hope for FILMation characters?

Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar View Post
    Thank you very much. I will post the link of the full and HD mural image in the social group of FILMATION
    Here comes the bad boys!
    That's awesome Morningstar!!!

I'm very proud that you're a member of Filmation Fans Forever!!! You should make your pic its own thread in our social group. If you do, I'll PM our members about it.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I've already posted before about expenses and having tons of lawyers on both side try and handle not only copyright law and international copyright law along with trying to negoiate licenseing terms and agreements. I'm not going to go over that again, but how much do you think getting the Filmation rights would cost Mattel? Also, Mattel isn't going to eat the money it spends. They are going to pass it along to you guys.

Mattel has zero interest in paying licensing fees for second tier characters. And no matter what is said, they are second tier to almost fourth tier characters. You'll see a new cartoon and a new MOTU toyline before you see Filmation figures. The new cartoon would be way cheaper.
    I have to agree with everything said here except not all of Filmations Characters are 2nd Tier. Yes there is the point that if they were important, Mattel would have made them into figures back in the 80s.
    I can not agree that Shadow Weaver, Evil-Lyn's equivalent or superior is 2nd Tier. She was in nearly as many episodes of She-ra as Hordak himself.
    If the line lasted another year or two, it's possible they would have made Weaver, Scorpia, Sea Hawk, Imp, Madame Razz & Broom back then. But everyone on the Filmation Banner that where in one or two episodes really do not deserve being made into a toy, I would not be excited for a Chef Allen figure. Then there are the one hit wonders that made such a impact, that I would love to have as a figure. Icer, Evil Seed, Hunga The Harpee etc. But that is just a handful, more than likley not worth the cost of Filmation rights, even if it does include other properties they may or may not make money on.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    Mattel's only hope is that the toy lines continue to do well, while no one buys the Filmation DVDs or watches the cartoons on TV so the company may sell cheap to cut their losses.
    Part of me agrees with this, but I really hope it's a last resort...

The most positive thing is that we know the two companies are talking:

- CM are producing the cartoon for a new Voltron toyline
    - They issued a joint press-release for She-Ra's 25th

Considering the latter, it wouldn't surprise me if the complete She-Ra series (due out end of January) not only promotes Bow (now moved to February) but also a reissue- either Adora or She-Ra. Additionally, I think it'd be a great PR move from both companies if the upcoming May figure- first to be shown in January's Toyfare- is Catra. If this happens, I'd expect there to be something in the works between the two companies to act as a working relationship (as with DC), rather than requiring Mattel to buy the rights entirely.

Classic Media will be aware that the cartoon property only has a certain lifespan to it, whereas the possibilities with MOTUC are huge for them. Mattel would be an excellent partner for Classic Media- I just hope they realise this...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    Part of me agrees with this, but I really hope it's a last resort...

The most positive thing is that we know the two companies are talking:

- CM are producing the cartoon for a new Voltron toyline
    - They issued a joint press-release for She-Ra's 25th
    I hope that's true but it also reminds me of the relationship between Mattel & DC Comics/Warner Bros. With Mattel making so many DC toys, I felt for sure WB being behind the MOTU movie was definitely going to lead to a big screen flick as well as the possibility for Mattel to make Thundercats toys. Now the MOTU movie is at Sony and Bandai has the Thundercats license.

JOIN THE GROUP...

another question, suppose the company that owns the rights of Filmation want to make some TV series featuring characters from Filmation,i don't know "the adventures of sea hawk" o "scorpia : a bad girl" can they make this?
    and then make merchandise with this?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I hope that's true but it also reminds me of the relationship between Mattel & DC Comics/Warner Bros. With Mattel making so many DC toys, I felt for sure WB being behind the MOTU movie was definitely going to lead to a big screen flick as well as the possibility for Mattel to make Thundercats toys. Now the MOTU movie is at Sony and Bandai has the Thundercats license.
    I think WB like Mattel, want equal or more control of things. Example, Batman Begins, Dark Knight, Superman Returns all got input from DC Comics, but Warner could take or leave that Advice. I don't think Mattel would settle for such arrangements when it comes to their great property of MotU. Which is why I think things did not work out in the first place. Mattel has a vision for MotU, and over the years has learned and is still learning what fans like and don't like. Like Scott says repeatedly there are a great number of MotU fans at Mattel, who also do not want to see it butchered or turned into another Catwoman or Dare Devil film. I think it may take years to find a top studio to give in to Mattel. And I don't think Mattel would settle for a small studio to do it. The only comfort is that Mattel is not giving up on it, and eventually we will get a MotU movie.

Here is a Filmation can and can not have question, In the Mini Comic Journey to Mizar, Catra turned into a house cat by use of her mask. I could find no where that she turns into that beast of a cat that Battle Cat fought in Secret of the Sword. Does that mean a Catra is all we will ever see and not her transformation, or do they have the rights to it?

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    another question, suppose the company that owns the rights of Filmation want to make some TV series featuring characters from Filmation,i don't know "the adventures of sea hawk" o "scorpia : a bad girl" can they make this?
    and then make merchandise with this?
    I don't see why not, if they own the rights to the Filmation Characters names and all, I don't see how Mattel could stop them from doing anything, of course, it's weird, where does the line end. I mean it will be just like Catwoman, no Gotham or Batman mentioned. Watching a movie about Sea Hawk and Scorpia without Etheria or the Horde mentioned would be seem wrong, but not impossible. The average person would not even know the characters came from She-ra or He-man.
    Last edited by Paul Justice; December 26, 2010 at 05:32pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    That is an amazing mural Morningstar!! It's awesome that you even included Chef Allen!

It might also be a good idea to post a link to the finished version in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173175

Starchild needs some love Morningstar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny Dreadful View Post
    That is an amazing mural Morningstar!! It's awesome that you even included Chef Allen!

It might also be a good idea to post a link to the finished version in this thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=173175
    Thank you!! I just did it!

Hey do you have one for all the other MOTU unmade sources of characters of the Uk dc comics unmade characters,the unmade us marvel comic characters, the unmade us dc comic characters and the unmade golden books characters too? That would be awsome to have an official guide of some sorts for all .org fans to be able to see that don't know who they are. Maybe someone could get them started.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Justice View Post
    I don't see why not, if they own the rights to the Filmation Characters names and all, I don't see how Mattel could stop them from doing anything, of course, it's weird, where does the line end. I mean it will be just like Catwoman, no Gotham or Batman mentioned. Watching a movie about Sea Hawk and Scorpia without Etheria or the Horde mentioned would be seem wrong, but not impossible. The average person would not even know the characters came from She-ra or He-man.
    hmm I guess this would be rare but not impossible.

I go further, the company that owns the rights hires a company similar to FH and they release action figures of filmation characters compatible with motuc .
    wow better not to imagine

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hordedestiny View Post
    Hey do you have one for all the other MOTU unmade sources of characters of the Uk dc comics unmade characters,the unmade us marvel comic characters, the unmade us dc comic characters and the unmade golden books characters too? That would be awsome to have an official guide of some sorts for all .org fans to be able to see that don't know who they are. Maybe someone could get them started.
    don't for get the unmade movie figs, too.

Thank you very much. I will post the link of the full and HD mural image in the social group of FILMATION
    Here comes the bad boys!

Part 4/6

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...ictureid=11608

Part 5/6

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...ictureid=11609

Part 6/6

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...ictureid=11610
    where're Plundor & his robots?
    Last edited by Lewd_Squirrel; December 26, 2010 at 08:30pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    don't for get the unmade movie figs, too.

But Of course! How could I forget?

So that settles it. Also we need the photo character guide for the unmade MOTU film too.

Sorry, some are missing, but they can appear on the Filmation mural V 2.0

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    I dunno if it's because I greatly prefer villains to heroes or if there are just waaay more cooler Filmation villains than heroes.

One of my favorite Filmation heroes isn't on there, The Red Knight!
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

i did't put de red knight because is supposed to be someone that Queen Angella knows (may be king Micah and he is there. I know is some contradiction with other episode.) Red knight for the mural V2.0.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    if we never get Filmation shadow weaver. matty will just give us the myp horde warlocks?

i did't put de red knight because is supposed to be someone that Queen Angella knows (may be king Micah and he is there. I know is some contradiction with other episode.) Red knight for the mural V2.0.
    Morningstar did you read my message and get my pm?

Quote Originally Posted by hordedestiny View Post
    Morningstar did you read my message and get my pm?
    I didn't recieved your pm

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    hmm I guess this would be rare but not impossible.

I go further, the company that owns the rights hires a company similar to FH and they release action figures of filmation characters compatible with motuc .
    wow better not to imagine
    i think i would like to see those cartoons, like sea hawk go away from eterhia and go to another place and then shadoweaver and scorpia get kicked by the the gang that they dont want to repeat the name ( for copyrights) and start a new empire ))
    i dunno maybe is too late here in spain and im talking sleepy haha
    but i think could work
    and maybe we could get the action figures after that

PD: i think garn is missing on the mural and rabar!
    Last edited by dark knight; December 27, 2010 at 10:08pm.
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I'm noticing how alot of the characters in Filmation are wearing boots, I'd like to see booted version of Beast-Man, Stratos, & Skeletor {he'd be easy, just give him Keldor's boots.} I'm also noting that Whiplash & Buzz-Off have Skeletor like feet, too.
    Does Galactus fart?

Quote Originally Posted by Lewd_Squirrel View Post
    I'm noticing how alot of the characters in Filmation are wearing boots, I'd like to see booted version of Beast-Man, Stratos, & Skeletor {he'd be easy, just give him Keldor's boots.} I'm also noting that Whiplash & Buzz-Off have Skeletor like feet, too.
    Even though it takes him away from his bestial roots, I'd like a Beast Man with boots. It would also serve to further set him apart from Gygor.

JOIN THE GROUP...

Just put TRU Skeletor's head on Keldor's body and you pretty much have Filmation Skeletor.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    Just put TRU Skeletor's head on Keldor's body and you pretty much have Filmation Skeletor.
    Have you actually compared TRU Skeletor's head to some Filmation screencaps? A dab of yellow paint doesn't make Mr Bonnet anywhere near accurate...

[Plenty of other details are wrong too - compare the loincloths for a few easy-to-spot bits]

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I would buy a Filmation styled head of Skeletor if it were on sell. I'm picky though it would have to be a reasonable price & very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Have you actually compared TRU Skeletor's head to some Filmation screencaps? A dab of yellow paint doesn't make Mr Bonnet anywhere near accurate...

[Plenty of other details are wrong too - compare the loincloths for a few easy-to-spot bits]

I didn't mean his face. Of course the toy Skeletor looks nothing like Filmation skeletor head. I think of all the variant heads fans could universally agree on, if you had to pick only 2, it would be a Filmation Skeletor head and an Alcala Skeletor head.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199