View Poll Results: Do you like Draego-Man's name?

Voters
101. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, it fits perfectly with him!

34 33.66%
  • It is okay.

38 37.62%
  • No, I could think of a better one.

20 19.80%
  • Indifferent

9 8.91%

Thread: Do you like Draego-Man's name?

Do you like Draego-Man's name?

Yes or no? I don't feel his name fits. I'm indifferent towards the character, though I did consider buying him to do a custom. There is just something about his name that I feel doesn't work. Just off the top of my head I'm thinking of

Dragonus
    Dray-Goon or Dray-Gun (Goon if u want to play off the fact that he is a minion of Skeletors or if you're sensitive about the word gun, also could be a play on ray gun, but he doesn't have a sci-fi look to him... kind of wish he did.
    Burn-Out

PS: Not a fan of Demo-Man's name either, and it looks like other fans aren't. If he is supposed to be Skeletor, I'm sure something else could have been concocted.
    Last edited by Sky Breaker; January 27, 2012 at 09:53pm.

I voted it is ok. I actually call him Draego. I think the man part makes it a little too cheesy

I was indifferent at first, it's a MOTU name for sure unlike mighty spector, and way better than Demo-Man, but after reading the bio I love it. he was a creation, a hybrid dragon and man, i think it's perfect.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Works for me!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

I kind of agree with krosfyah; the bio made me like the name a bit more, but I'll be calling him DRAEGOR, just like I call Demo-Man: DEMOR.
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Draego Man's nice and fits the figure well, but IMO, they could also just drop the "Man" part and just call him Draego.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

I don't really get the name "Draego-Man". Just sounds odd to me. Draego would have been a better name, or just Drago-Man.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I think the man part makes it a little too cheesy
    I Agree. Draego would have been much better.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Not really opposed to the "Man" suffix. I actually think it's a nice throwback to many of the characters and figures we had in the past, such as He-Man, Moss Man, Mer-Man, Ram Man, Count Marzo Man etc. Therefore, I have no problem with Draego-Man. Another argument: he's part human, part dragon (a Dragoon...?) so again, the "Man"-part is not weird, imho.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

it's ok. Since it is MOTU I dont mind the names. Already plenty of precedent of wacky naming conventions. So it fits well enough.

I will say that when it comes to Dragon type characters I hate when any form of "Dragon" is a part of their name, (Draego, Draco, Drago, Draken, ect) but because it is masters, it's fine.

I think that they maybe should have gone with Draego alone, but I understand the Man just fine. As I said, wacky naming conventions. So he fits right in with Beast, Demo, Mer, and others.

I WAS gona say it was just "okay"...but then I thought about it. I thought about the other names in the vintage line, and how I just can't think of anything that would work better for the style of names that they went with back then. They usually kept it simple. There was "Man" in there sometimes, and other times it was self explanitory and something a kid could instantly understand. Mekaneck, for instance. Sounds like it might be complicated but you get it right away. Man-E-Faces. Right there. Kobra Khan - he's a snake. If they gave Draego-Man a more "name" sounding name - like something that might sound like a dragon's name - then it wouldn't feel like it was from the vintage line. I think Draego-Man serves it's purpose perfectly. Draego sounds like a name, but also sounds like "dragon!" Fits right in with the simplistic naming theme of the old toyline.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

I couldn't care less for the name nor for the figure for that matter :S

DRAGO MAN:
    "I damned the world to save my daughter once... and I will do it for her again."
    I do custom action figures, commissioned art, and I will make any Masters of the Universe costume, tailored to you!
    View my website! http://www.havocstaff.50megs.com

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    I'm alright with it. Having the "man" on the end doesn't matter to me since he is part "man".

At least it's not Dragon-Man.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

I'm ok with it.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Quote Originally Posted by Vahn View Post
    That's not Draego-man that's He-man ;p

I just call him Draego. I can see how the added 'man' is reminiscent of 80s characters but this isn't the 80s lol.

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I'm renaming mine Lord Draegor or Count Dragomont.
    Last edited by Killian; February 10, 2012 at 06:12am. Reason: Golden Spuffles
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    It's not the best name, but if fits with the other names. Also I can't come up with a better one.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    its all right. I'd like something more fitting than a play on words saying dragon man. but it works.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

ok with me...it fits the mold...but also plays it a little safe.
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

It's not bad, but I like Draegor better.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Sorceress Supreme Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I think Dragoon would have been a much better name for Draego-Man (named after the character from Filmation's MotU cartoon episode "Dawn of Dragoon").

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    I voted it is ok. I actually call him Draego. I think the man part makes it a little too cheesy
    Same here, for the same reason.

Heroic Warrior
    It's okay. I'm very impressed with the figure, as well as the additional weapons- they really make the figure complete! I may decide to rename him at some point- I do have three of them, so some distinction will have to be made, along with some painted differences...
    AUDACIEUX ET TENACE

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I prefer to call him just Draego, Draego-Man is cool enough
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar