View Poll Results: Is your Goddess figure broken? (you may choose more than 1)

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Goddess figure is out of the packaging (loose) and subsequently broke.

88 27.76%
  • My Goddess figure is out of the packaging and just fine.

185 58.36%
  • My Goddess figure is still MOC and fine

68 21.45%
  • My Goddess figure is MOC and broken.

6 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is your GODDESS figure broken?

Mine Goddess figure is still MOC and fine but I'm scared to open it!
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

It took a year and two months, but my Goddess figure finally broke right in the crotch just like most people. Thanks, Mattel!

Spriter of GraySkull Vas_Morgano's Avatar
    I just read about the defect and though "well mine is ok" went to check and as soon as I touched the left leg, BROKE.

So where is the repair guide... someone has to have posted one.
    "THE EVIL HORDE HAS NO FRIENDS!"

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Sadly, Vas Morgano, I don't think there is one.

But, you can always ask Hunter Knight of Hunter Knight Customs to do one, because he's done ones to previous figures like King Grayskull.

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    Out of the four Goddess figures I got from the original sale:

1 is MOC so no idea if she's fine or have a broken leg. I'm keeping her carded.
    1 that was still fine but just found out today that her left leg is starting to loosen up.
    1 had a broken pelvis/ crotch and both legs fell off.
    1 I opened to replaced the broken one, but she already hs a crack on her pelvis area so I had to superglue her so the legs won't fall off. Problem now is the legs are none movable. And the paint they used melts with the glue.

So, three out of the 4 I got has problems.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

My Goddess is not badly broken, just a crack on the throat that's hidden by the snake armor. I did buy another last month, but it hasn't arrived yet, so we'll see...
    "Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar." - Marilyn Manson

Mine has finally succumbed to the broken leg epidemic ... picked her up yesterday to move her to a different place on my shelf (not even to re-pose her) and a little tiny piece of the crotch-joint fell out, quickly followed by her left leg.

My Goddess is out of package, displayed and have never fall nor broke...Lucky me!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Mine is from the original run and has taken a few falls and so far nothing broken!!

Court Magician
    I just redid my display shelves today and checked Goddess and she's fine. I was very careful with her and didn't spread the legs out to the full range of movement for the hip joints but I did move them enough to see that there's nothing broken.

Hmm! I think I need to make a new calculation on the possible amount of broken figs from the first run. 0_o

The newest data is suggesting that it's not as many as 1/3 GG's that will break, but as much as HALF of them! That, is absolute madness...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Exactly, and what those of us with issues have been talking about for over a year.

Anyone who thinks fans are exaggerating the QC problems with this line should check this thread out.

I have my Green Goddes in one piece still , and I have posed it quite a bit, without any fear of breaking. I bought it from China loose, and I unfreezed some articulations with hot water and it is fine. Maybe the hot water helped reduce the stress on the plastic, or just I'am lucky.

Heroic Warrior StraightEdgeHe-Man's Avatar
    Even though all of my figures are all MOC, I'd be afraid to open the goddess

Widget
    Have one MOC and one that's been on display since she was released (1 year and ... 3 months?). The display has been fine, but I've always been really careful with her. Dusted the other day and found when I picked her up she's succumbed. Both legs fell off after the pelvis/crotch disintegrated.

We pay $20+ for these, and issues like this should be non-existent, or at least easily remedied thru Mattycollector - who promptly informed me that there are no returns/refunds/exchanges after 30 days.

Very disappointing.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    i have 3 broken so far , this blows

Unedited Director's Cut Captain Wow's Avatar
    Mine's out of the package and is (so far) fine. I got her during her original release about a year and a half ago. She stuck around for so long, I figured what the heck. I have her in just a basic pose; left arm at her side, slightly bent at the elbow with the shield on that arm and her right arm, slightly bent at the elbow, holding her staff almost upright. I haven't changed her pose since I first set her in that pose when I took her out of the package. I think she fell forward once or twice but so far nothing has happened to her. I'd be afraid to use canned air to blow dust off of her.

Quote Originally Posted by pdragonfly78 View Post
    We pay $20+ for these, and issues like this should be non-existent, or at least easily remedied thru Mattycollector - who promptly informed me that there are no returns/refunds/exchanges after 30 days.
    They always have a bunch of excuses every month, though, don't they? If they can't get it right after how long, then they really are incompetent. It's like the Police Academy of toy companies. With no disrespect to Police Academy, of course.
    "You see, I've got this real moron thing I do...it's called 'thinking'...and I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin

I took mine out of the package from the get go. I put her on a flight stand and never moved her since. So Mine is loose and not broken, I've been too scared to move her.

Defender of the Elders Red Trinity's Avatar
    Mine just succumbed to her fate tonight. I picked her up from where she'd been standing and noticed that her leg was very loose. I took a peek under her skirt (she wasn't modest or anything) and sure enough her crotch was shattered. I blame King Grayskull since she was standing next to him, and I don't trust him...

All the pieces are still there and I think I can superglue everything and add extra to reinforce the area. She won't be able to bend in that joint anymore, but I don't see her as needing to be in many action poses. Standing and waving her staff is all I see her really doing.

All over California and coming to your neighborhood soon, so be afraid!
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Trinity View Post
    Mine just succumbed to her fate tonight. I picked her up from where she'd been standing and noticed that her leg was very loose. I took a peek under her skirt (she wasn't modest or anything) and sure enough her crotch was shattered. I blame King Grayskull since she was standing next to him, and I don't trust him...
    Hey mine too son of a B ........... Graystuuuuuullllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllll

Just by doing a quick head-count of the out-of-package figs', I can tell that, yes, the Goddess now has a 50% breaking-percentage.

That is some pretty terrible statistics... And for those who are wondering why I'm only comparing out of package-figs? Well, because most of the fractures doesn't really appear until the plastics has had some movement to them. It only takes a few moves, most of the time, but sometimes it takes a bit more movement until the parts begin to fracture for real.

But it nearly always takes a bit of movement for the fractures to begin increasing, so that's why it makes the most sense to only count OUT of package figs'.

So are all Goddess figures destined for the scrap pile? We should make a memorial for her.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Wow. I should have joined this forum back in 2009 when I got mine, which broke too. I wonder there's some sort of putty you can put over the hip plastic on one before it shatters.

Mine is okay so far... I cross my fingers just in case...
    To infinity, and beyond!

I'd love to see this poll updated. A LOT of people who voted for option 2 (my Goddess is out of the package and doing fine) have had their Goddess figure break.

Plus, there is no way to tell the number of figures broken. For example, I had 4 break (the last one is a hair-line fissure, that I was able to hold together with a lot of crazy glue). But I cast 1 vote for "my figure is broken).
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.