View Poll Results: Is your Goddess figure broken? (you may choose more than 1)

Voters
317. You may not vote on this poll
  • My Goddess figure is out of the packaging (loose) and subsequently broke.

88 27.76%
  • My Goddess figure is out of the packaging and just fine.

185 58.36%
  • My Goddess figure is still MOC and fine

68 21.45%
  • My Goddess figure is MOC and broken.

6 1.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Is your GODDESS figure broken?

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I was changing my display around a tiny bit the other day and noticed something strange about my Green Goddess I don't think I mentioned before: her legs don't go together as closely as they should (the left one can, but not the right).

After quite a few tries, I think her inner hip joint, is actually a LEFT inner hip joint, which prevents the legs to go together properly.

She's still alive and kicking, but I do NOT move her much/at all. Oddly enough, her joints were all SUPER stiff and were not like that when I put her on the shelf. It's like she's turning into a freakin statue!
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Reclusive Wizard logandelanoche's Avatar

Osteoporosis

My Goddess broke the same day Evil-Lynn arrived, I think she may have had something to do with it I just picked her up so they could battle away while I snapped off some pics and BAM!!! Shattered Hip Syndrome kicked in. I should mention that I was being careful (I have small delicate hands) especially since she's had stress marks on her crotch since I bought her from Matty, but I guess I just got one of the crappy batch ones.

Worst part is, I had two or three but traded/sold them off after I customized mine. So, not only did I not have a replacement on hand, but I couldn't return mine because I painted and modded her a bit. I was too chicken to shell out more for the reissue since it was more from the same batch and not new.
    LSD <-----This is my cool signature

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    Let's blame "sonic welding"! That's the ticket!!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Mine is loose and holding on strong, but she has been packed away for awhile, so anything could happen when I display her again.
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Skeletors evil colorist Predabot's Avatar
    Interesting... I can see that the 50% correlation between faulty and correct Goddesses are still holding. In fact, the correct ones seem to have something like a 0.5% units in superiority at the moment.

Let's hope that this number keeps on climbing more...

My Goddess finally died just today. She lasted a while. Mainly because I didn't pose her legs. I moved her legs just slightly and...CRACK! Oh well, I knew it was bound to happen. He-Man got the chest harness and Teela got her spear so I guess I got some use out of her.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Supreme Sorceress Queen Grayskull's Avatar
    I got 2 Goddesses okay and 1 Goddess broken. She broke on the shelf when I was going to change her pose.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    How about another option? Because, mine is definitely out of the package and unbroken, but I'd hardly say fine. Her darn head shakes like she has some strange medical condition!

Evil Vixen/Heroic Chef Starshine's Avatar
    She WASNT broken....until recently....

We even had her laid-out on a sweater in the closet, yet still her crotch area was in pieces when I went to take her out a few days ago....way to go, Mattel.

I TRY and be a 'Mattel Supporter', considering that they have designed/manufactured 85% of my favorite toys/toylines of all time, and I try to endorse Scott & Co., but c'mon guys....this is beyond ridiculous...

(...Like Optikk's arms swinging loose, most of the figures' ankles being worthlessly designed, the slopping of paint here and there, etc..e.tc...ETC...!)

".....We wouldn't think of putting something on the screen - whether for theatres, television, or home video - without building in pro-social values..."

- Lou Scheimer (1984)

This is what its all about, folks.

Evil Overlord of Spandex CptSpandex's Avatar
    I have all my MOTUC stored in a Rubbermaid bin and while I just recently had them all out (within the past week), I am now kind of afraid to go check on her.

Shouldn't someone be all over Mattel at CC this weekend about this? Let me rephrase that... I am sure someone will be.... but who?

EDIT: I should also note, that I do not pose my MOTUC but the first day I got her, I noticed the bobble head and how fragile she was, so I let my kids play with her and she still did not break. But, I don't want to press my luck.

I wish I could change my vote now..

I decided to rearrange my shelf to make room for the last couple months worth of figures and for the upcomming figures in the next few months.

For the first time in months I picked goddess up to move her and.. Her legs fell off.

Not sure how she broke, she was sitting on the shelf, immobile and unusedfor many months.

I jsut picked her up and her legs fell off. So take one vote from "open and just fine" and add it to "out of the package and broke"

my Goddess is not busted YET....but i don't move her out of fear

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

The crotch on mine broke into 3 or 4 pieces and I wasn't even posing her. Just picked her up. Haven't called about a replacement, but I'm sure after this much time there's nothing anyone would do about it. My only option is another Goddess or maybe attempt a crotch transplant from Teela or Evil Lyn.

Funny, I Was Just Looking For This Thread...

My Goddess figure broke yesterday! Same deal as others... hadn't even touched her in weeks... saw that one of the legs was off, picked her up- the other one fell off too! Crumbling crotch mess and everything. I just emailed Mattycollector to see if I can get a replacement, linking the quote from ToyGuru saying to contact customer service for a replacement, etc. Will see how this goes!
    Has ANYONE had to contact customer service and have any of you gotten a replacement Goddess figure?

I got a sorta generic "how to return your product and get a refund issued" style email from Matty customer service.
    I take it this means there IS NO RECEIVING A REPLACEMENT GODDESS at this point in time. I'm sending her back tomorrow, shall post an update when/if I receive a proper refund!
    Last edited by zodak74; August 2, 2011 at 05:26pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    My first Goddess figure (original release) is still doing fine even after some "abuse" and posing and seems to be as good as any other figure.

I ordered a 2nd Goddess figure (reissue) mostly because of the accessories and she has the hairline/fissure fracture right out of the package and therefore is bound to break at any moment. I'm thinking about using a lot of hot glue (or maybe crazy glue) to fill the entire crotch which will hopefully hold the legs and crotch together.

The crotches seem to be of different color/plastic from the 2 goddess' figures.
    When I find the time, I'll take comparison pictures.
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Well...it finally happened.

I was cleaning my shelves and fixing my display. I just picked her up and laid her on my bed...then went to put her back. I noticed a "black line" on her crotch. So, I looked closer...and it was a shadow...of her crotch breaking off. So, after pretty much NEVER touching my Goddess, she is broken. I just put her on the shelf because she should be fine without ANY movement...but yeah...she broke.

That's just awful that she can break that easily. I just...I can't even believe it! I really hope Mattel will fix this issue and release a Green Goddess 2.0 with a two-piece Teela outfit and more, cool, new accessories to thank us for our business and apologize for the breakage problems!

Suggestions: Filmation Teela head, Goddess head like the drawing (it's AWESOME), green Zoar/perch/armour.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    mine has been loose since i got her from matty and she has taken a few dives off the shelf and luckily she has survived w/o a scratch!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Keldor View Post
    mine has been loose since i got her from matty and she has taken a few dives off the shelf and luckily she has survived w/o a scratch!

=)
    How is that even possible?! I literally picked my Goddess up maybe 6 times and never "action posed" her.

oh boy...one figure i haven't yet owned, and want...and she's on the bad list?
    if Mattel re-Releases her, will they fix it?
    No more stuff for sell, all donated, done!
    I still need MOTUC: Strobos, King Grayskull, Wun-Dar, and Preternia He-Man
    Join us at https://www.facebook.com/groups/2544672215/

My Goddess figure is out of the packaging and just fine.
    My Goddess figure is still MOC and fine.

Both, cause I own two of her and both are just fine.

edDy
    Evil is a point of view - Lestat in Interview with the Vampire

See my trading feedback here: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eedback-Thread

Well it finally happened. I can vote in the BROKEN category.....
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    she is fine. even after diving off the shelf twice.
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

Goddess is fine. As long as i don't attempt to move her right leg...
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    My Goddess is loose. Took her out of her plastic prison, very, very, veeeeeeery carefully: nothing wrong. Displayed her as if she was a statue, never ever touched her. Looking at her when displaying another figure, I noticed she has a crack running down the neck.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Any way you can enforce the areas where is known to crack? Like super glue the crap out of her crotch before she starts her crack defect?.. jesus. for some reason that sounded dirty.