Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Powers of Grayskull: The Legend Begins Discussion

MOTUC Powers of Grayskull: The Legend Begins Discussion

Hello everyone,

Since King Grayskull, He-Ro, Vikor, The Fighting Foe Men, Demo-man, Preternia Disguised He-Man in MOTUC bios (...) (and my love for P.O.G. (Powers of Grayskull) era....) I want to open an official thread to speak about it!

We have a lot to share and to discover within the bios, especially since Scott (ToyGuru) has read the part2 and 3 of the Powers of Grayskull mini comic never released !!!

We want an ELDOR MOTUC Figure with his holographic book of spells.
    We want to know more about the Fighting Foe Men, the Techno Organic Virus, about the dinosaurs, about the origin of He-Ro, about HE and the Overlord of Trolla, about the Timeless Dimension of Trolla, about the Trollan Guides, about the cosmic warriors .......... WOOOOOW

I start the topic with a question to start the discussion........

Within the mini-comic "The Legend Begins", page 7, King Hsss said " Perhaps this is an emissary from the UNNAMED ONE Who We serve."

Who could be the UNNAMED ONE????

Well it looks like Skeletor
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

Evil Master of Meejitz super-munkyboy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ozone View Post
    Well it looks like Skeletor
    Thats because it is

He is the emissary of the Unnamed One or at least Hsss believes it to be.

I want to know more about the FIghting Foe Men. Part of me doesn't know if they existed before or because I read the name in the trademark release and now I think they've been aound forever.
    JITSU!!!! Thank the Elder Gods!!!!

DeviantART - http://super-munkyboy.deviantart.com

Commissions - [TBA]

I think there were some interviews on he-man.org with the editors of the vintage minicomics - I think they mentioned that the Unnamed One was supposed to be Keldor.
    For the vintage line the POG story was different: there was He-Ro of Grayskull (He-Man's ancestor) fighting against King Hsss and his army of Snakemen. But how Keldor fits into this story was not revealed as far as I know ... hopefully we can read this in Preternia He-Man bio.

i think he means who is the unnamed one, not who is the emissary.

i really got no idea, but i'll say... HORDE PRIME! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    I think there were some interviews on he-man.org with the editors of the vintage minicomics - I think they mentioned that the Unnamed One was supposed to be Keldor.
    For the vintage line the POG story was different: there was He-Ro of Grayskull (He-Man's ancestor) fighting against King Hsss and his army of Snakemen. But how Keldor fits into this story was not revealed as far as I know ... hopefully we can read this in Preternia He-Man bio.
    Keldor is so old????? This is a no-sense in my opinion.

@Ealo

Yes I spoke about the Unnamed one :-)

Could it be not Demo-Man or Horde Prime (as my friend Tokyonever told me) in the new MOTUC bios?

Loves MOTUC canon! PaTrIcKfOgArTy's Avatar
    Great thread - I'm really excited to learn more too. With Tytus and hopefully a Megator, as well as Pre-Eternia disguise He-Man bios I hope we learn more soon!

Quote Originally Posted by RockVivien View Post
    It is a nonsense with respect to the storyline of MYP cartoon and MOTUC maybe - but as I wrote above the story in vintage minicomics was different (there was no King Grayskull for example) and never revealed - I can not find the interviews with the minicomics editors now. Can anybody post a link?

Watcher of the Multiverse Jon-O's Avatar

@Ealo

Yes I spoke about the Unnamed one :-)

Could it be not Demo-Man or Horde Prime (as my friend Tokyonever told me) in the new MOTUC bios?
    Keldor would have gone back in time, in the vintage story, prior to becoming Skeletor.

My guess is Demo-Man... maybe Horde Prime. I'm not so sure on the Horde, as the Snake Imperium would have wanted to conquer the galaxy on their own. Maybe it's an unmentioned deity, like Choloh!
    I love an all inclusive canon!

Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    i really got no idea, but i'll say... HORDE PRIME! lol

^ This. His role in the UK comics especially made him out to be the first Big Bad and it makes sense he'd be this guy too. Horde Prime was to be the Unnamed in the MVC comics too sort of (part of him was anyway). But is he now Horde Supreme?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Wouldn't the Snake Men NOW have initially recognized Skeletor from that appearance when they were freed in "King of the Snake Men"? It seems that Skeletor has created a time paradox...

...Unless He-Ro's magic was so powerful that it fixed the paradox.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Extendar • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Sagitar • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP) • Oo-Larr

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    ^ This. His role in the UK comics especially made him out to be the first Big Bad and it makes sense he'd be this guy too. Horde Prime was to be the Unnamed in the MVC comics too sort of (part of him was anyway). But is he now Horde Supreme?
    It is Horde Supreme now but I don't know if Mattel could create him and how... It should be not like in the UK comic since Mattel has not the rights.

Here you go my fellow warriors, this is the interview I was talking about, hopefully it helps to answer the question a bit:
    http://www.he-man.org/resources/archive.php?id=28

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    ...Unless He-Ro's magic was so powerful that it fixed the paradox.
    It might have. Or King Hsss was in the Abyss so long that his memory of Skeletor is vague. It was still a pretty awesome comic though. Matty could probably make a mint just on pencil sketch versions of the sequels.
    It is Horde Supreme now but I don't know if Mattel could create him and how... It should be not like in the UK comic since Mattel has not the rights.
    I echo your I am not sure what the status of the UK comics are, they have certainly used many names and plot elements from there (Jungulia).

It is a nonsense with respect to the storyline of MYP cartoon and MOTUC maybe - but as I wrote above the story in vintage minicomics was different (there was no King Grayskull for example) and never revealed - I can not find the interviews with the minicomics editors now. Can anybody post a link?

OPENING THE VAULT - INTERVIEWS (Pay Attention to Phil White, Steven Grant)

He-Ro would have been protagonist, in Preternia, fighting Keldor .... and the occasional Snake Men too.

Writer Steven Grant said:
    "The 'Nameless One' had something to do with Keldor becoming Skeletor. I think he was their version of Emperor Palpatine, the great evil behind everything else. As with everyone else, there was no more backstory."

So The Nameless One would have been a whole new character.
    Not Horde Prime.
    Certainly not Demo-Man

Dunno if original writers would have linked Nameless One to Horde Prime, since they
    wanted to venture into a whole new era, away from He-Man and She-Ra.

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    Theoretically, Keldor transcended time. According to 'The Search For Keldor' mini-comic, "he thought to master magic -- until his experiments went wrong... and he was lost in dimensions beyond time."

This idea of a time-traveling Keldor was later worked into the MVC comics.

I suspect The Unnamed One is either Keldor himself or Horde Prime (as was planned for MVC).

~Penny~

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    So The Nameless One would have been a whole new character.
    Not Horde Prime.
    I don't think there was a plan for who it was or wasn't, the quote says it wasn't worked out. However, outside of Filmation, Horde Prime was a lot more related to the conflict on Eternia. It wouldn't surprised me either way.

Quote Originally Posted by gbagok View Post
    I don't think that's implicit in the quote. It sounds like there was no clear plan for who it was.
    Yeah I know.
    But all the talk about going into a whole new line sounds exiciting, and The Unnamed One could have been someone completely new.

I wonder what topics the part 2 and part 3 scripts involve of "POG"....

Part 2 - He-Man learning more of He-Ro (from the Sorceress)?
    Part 3 - Actually showing He-Ro in his time, ready to venture to new adventures?

My guess is that the nameless one would have been keldor. Since it was said he would be the main villain in the pog line. Weird though that skeletor doesn't remember. Then again, they wiped the memory of adora from an entire populations mind. They could have done the same with keldor at the end of the pog story.
    Take a look at my deviantart. http://kaassouffle.deviantart.com/gallery/

Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    My guess is that the nameless one would have been keldor. Since it was said he would be the main villain in the pog line. Weird though that skeletor doesn't remember. Then again, they wiped the memory of adora from an entire populations mind. They could have done the same with keldor at the end of the pog story.

As Eldor and He-ro, was a Keldor toys intended to be released in the POG wave?

As Eldor and He-ro, was a Keldor toys intended to be released in the POG wave?
    I do not know about Keldor, but definitely more Snakemen were planned. In recent WTFWTK Toyguru mentioned that he found some more names for Snakemen characters in MOTU archives at Mattel. They do not have any sketches - it is just names.

The theory that it was a time and dimension travelling Keldor as the Unnamed One in the vintage canon has some validity and could have accorded, IMO, with the 200x MVC Comics storyline where Keldor went into the past and obtained baby Evil Lyn.

Given the Keldor travelling back in time/Evil Lyn story seems not to be part of MOTUC I suspect the whole Keldor as Unnamed One in ancient Preternia is off limits. However it seems to me there is nothing stopping the bio writers from casting Demo-Man (a kind of concept Skeletor) as the Unnamed One in MOTUC. After all, if MOTUC can drastically (and perhaps unnecessarily) re-write the vintage concept of He-ro into two separate characters (He-Ro and King Grayskull) then changing an undefined Unnamed One into Demo-Man must be a possibility.

I don't like the idea of Horde Prime/Supreme being the Unnamed One because a) I hate Horde Prime concept, Hordak leads the Evil Horde in my universe; and b) why would Snake Men and Horde be bitterly warring armies if receiving directions from the same evil entity.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Part 2 - He-Man learning more of He-Ro (from the Sorceress)?
    Part 3 - Actually showing He-Ro in his time, ready to venture to new adventures?
    That's a pretty good guess for what the comics would have been like, sounds very plausible given the lengths of the comics.
    I do not know about Keldor, but definitely more Snakemen were planned. In recent WTFWTK Toyguru mentioned that he found some more names for Snakemen characters in MOTU archives at Mattel. They do not have any sketches - it is just names.
    That'd be awesome! I am still hoping for the snake men from the King of the Snake Men panel--and Hiss's consort too, but new snake men designed by the Horsemen would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Swanmarsh View Post
    The theory that it was a time and dimension travelling Keldor as the Unnamed One in the vintage canon has some validity and could have accorded, IMO, with the 200x MVC Comics storyline where Keldor went into the past and obtained baby Evil Lyn.

Given the Keldor travelling back in time/Evil Lyn story seems not to be part of MOTUC I suspect the whole Keldor as Unnamed One in ancient Preternia is off limits. However it seems to me there is nothing stopping the bio writers from casting Demo-Man (a kind of concept Skeletor) as the Unnamed One in MOTUC. After all, if MOTUC can drastically (and perhaps unnecessarily) re-write the vintage concept of He-ro into two separate characters (He-Ro and King Grayskull) then changing an undefined Unnamed One into Demo-Man must be a possibility.

I don't like the idea of Horde Prime/Supreme being the Unnamed One because a) I hate Horde Prime concept, Hordak leads the Evil Horde in my universe; and b) why would Snake Men and Horde be bitterly warring armies if receiving directions from the same evil entity.
    Well about the MVC story, it's not so much off limits because Mattel does have the rights to it, they just don't seem to want to use it--or not much of it anyway.

RE Horde Prime/Supreme, I think the concept is much bigger than just Hordak's boss. He had Hordak and Skeletor serving him in the cartoons and comics, so it's not like he only commands the Horde. Hiss could still have been one of his servants and not gotten along with Hordak. We're talking about the past too so it's not given that Hiss stayed subservient to HP/S, or even that HP/S is still alive by the modern time. He may be like Morgoth in LOTR, a villain who rose and fell a while back and his servants became the big bads of the modern age. I think we only know of HP/S as a villain in He-Ro's bio, so there's nothing to say he's still around bossing Hordak around and stealing his thunder in He-Man's time.

Heroic Warrior
    Didn't Toy Guru say that there was an indirect reference to Serpos in that mini comic? My vote is that the unnamed one is Serpos.

EDIT: Toy Guru said that Serpos is mentioned in the DC comics. Doesn't mean that Serpos couldn't be the Unnamed One, though, I suppose.
    Last edited by Ntumbuluku; November 29, 2010 at 03:26pm.

Evil Janitor of Skeletor dr phiz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neo View Post
    Do you think Skeletor retained all his memory after the bind with Demo-Man?
    Feedback thread

Great sellers/traders: Soulfly, Grayskulls Fakor, bigassbuzz, greyskull1, boggs32, Karak Nul, J-Sun, Son of Keldor, aiwaloki, Starshine, Vlcan, joeybones, beastor, stprime