Thread: TRU 2 Pack Reviews - He-Man/Superman & Skeletor/Luthor

TRU 2 Pack Reviews - He-Man/Superman & Skeletor/Luthor

If you've been on the fence about MOTUC, then the new Toys R Us exclusive two pack is for you. Even if you're a hardcore Masters of the Universe fan, there is a lot to like about this pack. He-Man is quite good, how good? Well check out my review for all my thoughts. If nothing else it's a good way to console yourself while grumbling about how Moss Man sold out in five minutes. Hey even flocked ears version sold out in one minute, but at least you can still get this guy.

Infinite Hollywood: Superman/He-Man 2 Pack Review

Check it out and thanks for reading.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I saw you post this on Matty. I was going to post it here! Good reviews.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Skeletor versus Lex Luthor 2 Pack Review

Finally I completed my second half of the MOTUC/DCUC two packs review. This time I'm looking at Skeletor and Lex Luthor, but you can bet the farm that He-Man and Superman show up as well. I had a lot of fun with this review, both in writing it and playing with the figures to take the pictures. There's a lot of pictures too. Might be some kind of record.

If you're on the fence about these repaints or just want to see if there's some magic left in the old MOTU playbook, check it out!

Infinite Hollywood: Skeletor/Lex Luthor 2 Pack Review

Have a good one and thanks for reading.
    Toys, Movies, TV Shows and more reviewed at the pop culture mega site... INFINITE HOLLYWOOD.

It's a good set. Both are excellent figures, and this was actually my first purchase in the Classics toyline (though not my last, augh my money!).

My only gripe with it is that the inclusion of Lex in these sets is a little dubious. Superman was in the crossover, but to my knowledge Lex never was. Still, it's a small gripe and not a dealbreaker.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Isn't it red=transforms Superman randomly; gold=permanent depowerment?

*never cared for the skittle-coloured kryptonite*

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    Isn't it red=transforms Superman randomly; gold=permanent depowerment?

*never cared for the skittle-coloured kryptonite*
    Depending on what era, yes. Those version of Kryptonite have had a few different powers through the years.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Skeletor doesn't need the green crystal, his sword is magic, and Superman has no defense against magic. So it would just cut him.
    He used the Kryptonite to weaken Superman and then he's going to cut him with the sword. If you read the comic, you'd see that Skeletor definitely could use something like this, since Superman seems to get the best of him rather easily.

Widget
    I have ordered one of these sets and since noticed that there appears to be 2 versions. One comes with a silver shield, and a possibly newer one that has the figures repositioned in the packaging, has the standard red and grey shield included. Does anyone know if there are any other differences?

I know there is no sword in the silver shield version as there is no sword in the comic. But then there is no silver-only shield featured in the comic, so I'm hoping the newer version of this set has a sword included?

Quote Originally Posted by k701 View Post
    I have ordered one of these sets and since noticed that there appears to be 2 versions. One comes with a silver shield, and a possibly newer one that has the figures repositioned in the packaging, has the standard red and grey shield included. Does anyone know if there are any other differences?

I know there is no sword in the silver shield version as there is no sword in the comic. But then there is no silver-only shield featured in the comic, so I'm hoping the newer version of this set has a sword included?
    Are you referring to the picture that they show on their website?

If so, that's the prototype for the packaging, and was never released.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Widget
    dorrmann, you've solved my mystery, thanks. No hopes for the sword then. How could they sell a He-man with no sword!

I found that the Two-pack He-man's head is the best one to use on the new King Grayskull body to make the 200x He-man version, the hair color is a much closer yellow