Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicles: Top 3 "most played with as kid" VS. Top 3 "most wanted in MOTUC?"

Vehicles: Top 3 "most played with as kid" VS. Top 3 "most wanted in MOTUC?"

(NO BEASTS, CREATURES or MECHANICAL BEASTS/CREATURES – just for the sake of this discussion, I will be using He-Man.Org's Classification system for this, which means NO Stridor/Night Stalker/Battle Bones/Mantisaur/Turbodactyl/Tyrantisaurus Rex/Bionatops/the meteorbs, etc...) [Note: POP had no vehicles, only creatures]

So first off, I'd like to know...
    What were your top 3 "classic" vehicles that were your favorites to actually "play" with as a kid... (any classic vehicle from either "classic" line: MOTU, [NA]He-Man)

Vs.

What are your top 3 "most wanted" vehicles for the MOTUC line. (any vehicle from any line, cartoon, comic, book, or any other media to date: MOTU, [NA]He-Man, 200X, DC/Marvel/200X/mini-comics, etc... that can likely/legally be made.)

My Top 3 most played with:

1] For myself, the Laser Bolt was my absolute favorite vehicle to play with as a kid! I loved racing it around and then springing it up into attack mode! Sooo cool!

2] Bashasaurus would be my second most favorite to play with – I just loved bashing a group of standing figures or building blocks making them all tumble like dominoes!

3] And while I loved the motorization of the Dragon Walker and Spydor, in the end I think they just moved too slow... So the third place is still kind of a toss up: I loved playing with the Blaster Hawk, shooting down enemies with flying discs from afar; I loved the fast-moving rotating blades of the Roton; and then I also loved the "chomping" action of the Land Shark. Hard to choose between the three, but I think I'm going with the Land Shark for third place!

Vs.

My Top 3 most wanted for MOTUC:

1] Wind Raider. Just so iconic, especially in regards to the Filmation series, it's a must have for me.

2] Battle Ram. Again very iconic, plus it has the versatility of splitting in two and taking to the skies!

3] Laser Bolt. With as much fun as I had as a kid with this vehicle, I think it would make just as great of a "compact" vehicle in the MOTUC line, especially if it includes it's classic two-mode action feature!

I was just curious and thought this could be an interesting discussion to find out what all of your favorite vehicles were to "play" with as a kid, versus what vehicles you are most hoping to see in the current MOTUC line, especially if the main focus will be on the vehicle's sculpt and seating-ability as opposed to it's action-features.
    Last edited by Neutro; November 3, 2010 at 04:53pm.
    – No comment.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    My favorite 3 to play with were: (in no particular order)

Talon Fighter
    Wind Raider
    Attack Trak

My top 3 I'd like to see be made are:

Talon Fighter
    Battle Ram
    Wind Raider

I was trying to think of some evil vehicles and the only one I could come up with are Roton, Land Shark and Mantisaur (for Hordak) What other bad guy vehicles were there??

Battle ram
    Wind raider
    Land shark

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    I was trying to think of some evil vehicles and the only one I could come up with are Roton, Land Shark and Mantisaur (for Hordak) What other bad guy vehicles were there??
    I had the same problem, I wanted to choose some evil vehicles but the heroic ones won out. There wasn't as many evil vehicles as there were heroic, but then one could argue that at least something like the Battle Ram's front jet could be viewed as neutral since the bad guys were often seen using it in the Filmation toon. As for pure evil vehicles, there was Spydor, Land Shark, Roton, and the Fright Fighter, plus there were some evil NA vehicles as well.

Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Battle ram
    Wind raider
    Land shark
    So are these your most played with as a kid? ...Or are they the ones you look forward to the most in MOTUC? ...Or both?
    – No comment.

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    As a kid, none for me because I didn't had any MOTU Vehicles
    As a Teenager I remember playing with Stridor and Night Stalker over at a friends house, so I'll place those in the list:
    1) Stridor
    2) Night Stalker

My top 3 I'd like to see made in MOTUC are:
    1) Battle Ram with Sky Sled (I'd hope to see a seperate release of the Sky Sled as well!)
    2) Wind Raider
    3) Talon Fighter (I hope to see Point Dread eventually as well)
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Fright Fighter
    Night Stalker
    Spydor
    Tyrantisaurs Rex
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

My Fav 3 are...

Wind Raider, Battle Ram, and Roton, with Talon Fighter followed very closely! But I actually liked them all!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Well, I only had 2 vehicles as a kid: 1) The Wind Raider and 2) The Battle Ram.

What I look forward to are: 1) The Wind Raider, 2) The Battle Ram and 3) The Land Shark.

The Talon Fighter came close though...
    Last edited by Benedict Judas Hel; November 3, 2010 at 04:24pm.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

My favorite 3 to play with:

1. Attak Trak
    2. Spydor
    3. Dragon Walker

(Honorable Mention: Blaster Hawk)

My favorite 3 in MOTUC:
    1. Attak Trak
    2. Battle Ram
    3. Land Shark

(Honorable Mention: Road Ripper)

My fav was the Land Shark as a kid. I would love to see a current one.
    Windblown Advocate since 200x

3 Most Played With as a Kid and Most Wanted in the line are the same for me:

- Windraider
    - Battleram/Sky Sled
    - Fright Fighter

(My fourth would have been Blaster Hawk) Was hard to leave it off the list.
    My blog: huckthedog.com

My trade feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=174899

This is difficult!!

Not including Beasts...

Favorite as a kid

-Sky Sled (part of the Battle Ram)
    -Point Dread/Talon Fighter
    -Laser Bolt (this would have been Turbodactly, but that's probably a beast in this line)

Most Wanted Now

-Battle Ram (somehow done so that we get the classic toy with the mini-comic chariot)
    -Point Dread/Talon Fighter
    -Roton
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Most played:
    Wind Raider
    Battle Ram
    Attack Track

Most wanted: same as above

4th place goes to Talon Fighter and Point Dread
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    I always wanted the Battle Ram as a kid. I love the sky sled. I REALLY hope we get it this year!

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    The current standings of Most wanted in MOTUC so far:
    Battle Ram 11
    Wind Raider 8
    Land Shark 4
    Talon Fighter 3
    Roton 2
    Attak Trak 2
    Laser Bolt 1
    Fright Fighter 1
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

3 most played with as a kid

Battle ram
    Roton
    Road Ripper

...Land Shark would have been fourth. outside of that, the others didn't see much play. (I didn't own a wind raider or fright fighter or I would have loved them) Attack Trac, Dragon Walker, and Spydor didn't have much play value imo

Want to see made!

Wind Raider
    Land Shark
    Bashasaurus

(also Battle Ram and Attack trac, & Talon Fighter! but those are my top 3)

Heroic Master of Puzzles Thatman's Avatar
    Most played with as a kid:

Wind Raider
    Battle Ram
    Bashasaurus

Most wanted in MOTUC (which is relative, since I'm not totally gung-ho on vehicles in the new line, but if we were to get them

Attak-Trak
    Battle Ram
    Land Shark
    "That's very interesting...but silly."

Favorite as Kid
    Battle Ram
    Wind Raider
    Attack Trak

Most Wanted
    Battle Ram
    Wind Raider
    Talon Fighter (I never had this as a kid but always wanted it)

Not counting the beasts (Tyrantisaurus was my favorite), my favorite to play with from what I had were:

1. Land Shark
    2. Roton
    3. Fright Fighter

I never realized I pretty much only had the evil vehicles (and Road Ripper).

My most wanted are:

1. Battle Ram/Sky Sled
    2. Wind Raider
    3. Talon Fighter w/ Point Dread

I always wanted those three as a kid, Attack Trak would have been fourth place.

Huge custard eating power flaming_knob's Avatar
    Favorite as Kid
    Dragon Walker
    Wind Raider
    Attack Trak

Most Wanted
    Spydor
    Wind Raider
    Road Ripper

On a side note. I remember have a vehicle that was red which had a grey track looped over the entire vehicle. I can't find it anymore or remember the name or if was even a MOTU but I always used it as a MOTU vehicle. Does anyone remember it???
    We don't need no education...

Yes you do, you've just used a double negative!

definitely want the Fright Fighter, but it's HUUUUUGE!!! LOL
    Last edited by bcrduke; November 3, 2010 at 06:07pm.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Most wanted:
    Battle Ram
    Wind Raider
    Battle Chariot (pre-filmation)

Those are the ones that are iconic to me. As far as childhood vehicles go, I only had the Roton as a kid, and only remember playing with a friend's Road Ripper in terms of anything else. But, aside from my three most wanted, I don't really like most of the motu vehicles. A couple of them are okay, but they are not the strong point of this frachise, lol.

Most played as a kid and most wanted in MOTUC:

-Battle Ram
    -Wind Raider
    -Attack Track

Bring them all!

1. Bashasaurus
    2. Spydor
    3. Dragon Walker
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"

1. Point Dread/Talon Fighter
    2. Battle-Ram
    3. Attak-Trak
    4. Spydor
    5. Mantisaurs
    6. Road Ripper

Got carried away.

Unless the two mechanical horses count as vehicles & not beasts? In which case, that one (not two because Nightstrider is just a repaint of Stridor) tops the list.

Would like to see them come with Fisto & Jitsu though.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!