Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you be interested in a sort of "Art of DVD" sketchbook by me?

HD figures on youtube
    WOW, you did the art on the BCI DVD boxes and discs? I LOVE your work then. That art amazes me every time I pop in a disc, your one talented guy! I would love a book of that art! I would gladly pay $40-$50 for one.

Hell yeah I would buy it!
    Is not not licking toads

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Approximately how many images are we talking about? With Windows 7 it could be cool to use the images as a rotating background. Hard to price it out not knowing if we are talking 15, 50, 200 images.

I'd be interested though.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Is that a question.... course I would want that...

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    Approximately how many images are we talking about? With Windows 7 it could be cool to use the images as a rotating background. Hard to price it out not knowing if we are talking 15, 50, 200 images.
    I'd be interested though.
    Well, I haven't counted how many images I created for the DVD.
    I know there are a lot.
    Just think all the single figures for the dics from all releases, all the cover, all the illustrations for the backs, a few layouts for each release and more.
    I'm sure we're talking a couple of hundreds

For fun I calculated how many images I'd be using in the Ghostbusters section and those alone are 34.
    I immagine just MOTU and POP alone could be a hundred.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I'd pay 35-50 for it.

Would it be in a format that you could just download them all as an image file on your pc to use as wall papers?
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

The Horde Guru of Gaming D-Day V1's Avatar
    I would definitely buy one
    Thank you Mario, but our Princess is in another castle.

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I'd pay 35-50 for it.

Would it be in a format that you could just download them all as an image file on your pc to use as wall papers?
    Hum, nope, I'm talking about a printed book

Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    Hum, nope, I'm talking about a printed book
    It would be rock if there's a password or certificate to download a digital album or image. I wouldn't care/extremely excited/and would be a good surprise if you rise the price on the book just for digital album Emiliano.
    Our ancestor are praying for the wealthy of his generation, Many has come and we will wait for more.
    "I know what it's like to lose someone you love" - Through Her Eyes Dream Theater.

Death is inevitable, death will keep his promise to greet you in the after life.
    And god will keep his promise to judge you right or wrong. Then your soul will be there forever after.

I dunno, once digital files are out there, you can't really control much.
    And I think that would be more of a legal nightmare.
    A printed book about about my art is something much more small.
    If you guys wants some wallpaper, we can always create some here for the .org, for free.

And speaking about the book, If I get to do it, I think I know how to make it really cool to look at. it would be a fest for the eyes, not just a bunch of B&W images (not that there is anything wrong with that kind of sketchbook.
    I was also thinking about a few feature.
    would you guys like a dissection of the MOTU mural spine, showing all the elements I used to create it?

I would absolutely buy the art book. Preferably just of the MOTU stuff, but even with the other subjects I would get it, your work is great!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I was playing with the idea of releasing a sort of book/sketchbook with my good friend James Eatock, collecting all the art I've created for various cartoon DVD packagings
    !
    My bad. I misread what you had originally posted.. After I read "sort of book/sketchbook" I went ahead and added "ON DVD packages".

Regardless, I'd but it.

would you guys like a dissection of the MOTU mural spine, showing all the elements I used to create it?
    I would be very interested in dissecting certain art-pieces. To see the progress on how they came to be.

For sure indivual pieces would be great!

I love this kind of stuff in art books. I love seeing the sketches and comps that lead to a final piece and other "behind the scenes" things.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Count me in for sure!!!! I woud pay whatever. I'm sure you would keep the price reasonable, but make it worth your time. I'm happy to support this!!

My questions would be: would do you buy it?
    And if yes, how much would you spend on this (please, be realistic, even with the cheaper printing, it can't be 10 bucks).
    What else would you like to see inside?

Thanks in advance for the feedback!
    I'm a huge fan of your art Emiliano. I'd probably only be curious at best to see the Transfomers art but I would love to see the other franchises listed. Considering I paid $90.00 on Ebay for Mattel's MOTU Art Book, I can see myself paying close to that(or more if it's hardcover & has hundreds of pages in it).

Quote Originally Posted by CarKrash View Post
    Not only do I enjoy the art, I also like supporting the endevours of those of us on the org.
    I feel this way as well, but, to be honest, even if I'd never heard of this website, I'd be happy supporting Emiliano & James based solely on their passion & talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanquest View Post
    I want Filmation Ghostbusters covers and sketches + previously unseen Filmation Ghostbusters stuff you did or will do:
    Definitely!!! One of the most underrated franchises ever imho.

Quote Originally Posted by Predabot View Post
    PS: Make Shadow the happiest man alive, and include your vision for a revamp of the GObots Leader-1 as the back-cover.
    I can't believe you said that. As soon as I started reading this thread, I was thinking to myself "too bad Emiliano never did any Gobots artwork".

I can probably include some other MOTU related art in other personal sketchbooks, but to keep it consistent I want to do this one exclusively with DVD stuff.
    Later on I may do more, but never a MOTU exclusive one.
    Just put a Vol. 1 on it and if this DVD related book sells well enough, you can make a second book with additional artwork from other sources.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Yes yes yes YES Y E S!

I would support it all the way! And James Eatock knows what I am talking about!
    (already bought 5 copies of James' book)

P L E A S E do it! The whole community will support it!

This would be a most awesome book.

With all the creator art and sketchbooks out there, it's high time we got an Emiliano Santalucia book.

I'm interested if the quality is good, lot of pictures, some text (english preferred), page size large..

..but don't release it on 15th of any month
    Last edited by Tuukka; December 11, 2010 at 05:12pm.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Yes yes yes YES Y E S!

I would support it all the way! And James Eatock knows what I am talking about!
    (already bought 5 copies of James' book)

P L E A S E do it! The whole community will support it!
    YOU would love the book sir, because I've no doubt it would feature your favorite spine art mural!

Yes please!!! I love your style and would buy it in a heartbeat!!

Central Coast. Down Under. Southside Hell!
    Put me down for sure. I'm huge fan of the DVD artwork, i stare at the covers more than i watch the discs!
    Skelehorde's Org Feedback

Skelehorde wants - Black Belt Leech - Beastman Green Whip - Nightstalker rotoplast

Hell's yeah I'd buy such a book!!!! I'd buy two! I have no idea what's reasonable, but I spent $50 on the Art of MOTU book and while I thought that was a little overpriced, I'd be willing to spend at least that much here.

And speaking about the book, If I get to do it, I think I know how to make it really cool to look at. it would be a fest for the eyes, not just a bunch of B&W images (not that there is anything wrong with that kind of sketchbook.
    From you, sir, I would be happy even with black and white on newsprint! A dissection of the mural would be outstanding! With you know not just the art in the book would be great, but the presentation would be an art of its own!

Yes, I would buy a book.

I would definitely buy an art book for around $40-$50. However, I would like to have mostly finished artwork that is colored. I'm just not a fan of black and white sketches.

I dunno, once digital files are out there, you can't really control much.
    And I think that would be more of a legal nightmare.
    A printed book about about my art is something much more small.
    If you guys wants some wallpaper, we can always create some here for the .org, for free.
    I guess I should start off by asking if that awesome illustration of the heroic warriors on the 10 of 16 Art Card (included with the Season Two Volume 1 set) you did - would it be included in this artbook?

As for that piece of art, I scanned it in so I could use it as my computer's wallpaper (and for my avatar as well). However, I have only used it for personal reasons and have not distributed it at all. I hope that doesn't bother you (I assume it is legal). If anything should be offered as a wallpaper on the .org, it should be that piece of art.

Speaking of that art card, have you done one for the evil warriors to compliment it? Now that would be an awesome wallpaper for the .org. Heck, I'd be willing to donate/pay for one for the .org.
    Last edited by soundwavempl; December 12, 2010 at 09:17pm.
    MOTU Vintage Visual Figure Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

MOTUC from Vintage Visual Checklist *Updated link - major thanks to motuportugal*

My Feedback Thread