Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fright Zone Playset WIP

Fright Zone Playset WIP

After a while here i am again on the forums with something new, This is the WIP of my Fright Zone playset. Im making it in scale for the MOTUC line (well in scale for a playset) I want to make molds and make copies this time, so im taking care of how to essambled it, when is casted... So basically consist in one big piece and the rest are little pieces that at the end will make it to look huge.

Here are the pics:

A preview of my filmation Hordak

Please leave your comments
    Last edited by octavio; December 2, 2010 at 07:10pm.

awsome you are the man!

Ahhhh - so this is what you've been up too!

I like the idea of a Fright Zone playset...but I'm not seeing quite where you're going with this yet. I look forward to seeing it painted and finished though Are you basing your design off a particular image from the show, or just taking the spirit of the Fright Zone and coming up with your own thing?

Hordak looks good. His head is maybe just a tiny bit big for his body...or his upper body is too slight. One or the other

Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by kelddorr View Post
    awsome you are the man!
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Ahhhh - so this is what you've been up too!

I like the idea of a Fright Zone playset...but I'm not seeing quite where you're going with this yet. I look forward to seeing it painted and finished though Are you basing your design off a particular image from the show, or just taking the spirit of the Fright Zone and coming up with your own thing?

Hordak looks good. His head is maybe just a tiny bit big for his body...or his upper body is too slight. One or the other

Keep up the good work!
    Im working in a few more things actually.

Im basing in both images and my own thing... This is not even 50% done yet, and i think this will be my best work so far, wanted to share this image, coz i feel so sure, once is done everybody will ask for a recepy.

Hordaks head is a little big actually but as is in the toon, i wanted to make my figures the most acurate that i can, also i think the blue back ground is what makes him to look out of proportion, also is not finish yet and those things that he has on the sides are missing, so will look thicker in that area.

Thanks for leaving your comments, you wont be desapointed with this playset, if you dig my Snake Mountain you will love this one.

Chicago, Illinois (but my heart will always be in the UK)
    Hey there octavio,

Any updates on this awesome looking Fright Zone?
    MORE POP AND NEW ADVENTURES REPRESENTATION IN MOTUC PLEASE!

Dark Legacies
    MVC Comics - Collected Info About the Comics

Zoar28, Facebook

Looks great so far

I've been waiting for an update to this playset too. I can not wait to see it completed.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!

How did I miss this?! I have a feeling this is going to be good...

Are you creating extra characters to accompany Hordak? Can't wait to see an update!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Telkan2 View Post
    Hey there octavio,

Any updates on this awesome looking Fright Zone?
    Yes there are some... I will post pics soon

Quote Originally Posted by Raist3001 View Post
    Looks great so far
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joseephus View Post
    I've been waiting for an update to this playset too. I can not wait to see it completed.
    Thanks... I had to make some changes due i found some screencaps to work with, and i think those changes will improve the playset.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    How did I miss this?! I have a feeling this is going to be good...

Are you creating extra characters to accompany Hordak? Can't wait to see an update!
    Thanks... I feel the same

No, unfurtanately not yet. I only have Hordak right now, but ofcourse i want to make all the characters.

Thank you guys for the interest, i will try to post updated pics soon.

You're alive! Glad to hear it Do post some pictures when you can!

Finally a Filmation's Fright Zone!!!

You should paint it...

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    Looks great. Will you include the statue of hordak's head and the Magna- beam transporter?
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Hmmm - interesting idea with the Magna Beam. I doubt that'll be in there, though. After all, the thing was only used in one episode, much like that hideous bust of Hordak's head. If Octavio can come up with a cool-looking Fright Zone-inspired set, I think that's more than enough of an accomplishment!

Hey Octavio! Looks good so far. If this is going to be anything like your 200x Snake mountain then your right ALOT of people will be asking you for receipes or for you to make them one. I'm currious to see this one finished To see if it will stop me from making a vintage one and try something like this instead.
    SMANOMEGA'S "NEWER" CUSTOM GALLERY BELOW
    http://s16.photobucket.com/user/sman...?sort=3&page=1

i remember u told me about this project long time ago, and i cant wait to see some news!!!!
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

You're alive! Glad to hear it Do post some pictures when you can!
    Sure... Im always lazy about uploading pics, but ill promise i will show ya some before Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by NikeBoyRM View Post
    Finally a Filmation's Fright Zone!!!

You should paint it...
    Theres still lot of work to complit it, just the front has arround 80% done so if i speak about the total work is about 30 to 40% done.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    Looks great. Will you include the statue of hordak's head and the Magna- beam transporter?
    Thanks... About the statue, no, im not including it.

Hmmm - interesting idea with the Magna Beam. I doubt that'll be in there, though. After all, the thing was only used in one episode, much like that hideous bust of Hordak's head. If Octavio can come up with a cool-looking Fright Zone-inspired set, I think that's more than enough of an accomplishment!
    I hope i achive my goal.

Quote Originally Posted by smanomega View Post
    Hey Octavio! Looks good so far. If this is going to be anything like your 200x Snake mountain then your right ALOT of people will be asking you for receipes or for you to make them one. I'm currious to see this one finished To see if it will stop me from making a vintage one and try something like this instead.
    Well defenetly this one has to be better than the SM i did several years ago. Ive been working for years on figures, sculting, etc, and you must know you improve your skills with the time... Also in this ocation for the first time i have lots of supplies to mold/cast this playset. But ill feel veru honored if you take my FZ as inspiration for yours.

Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    i remember u told me about this project long time ago, and i cant wait to see some news!!!!
    Man i take lot of time to complete my things, hope not to take that much this time... but i will be defenetly uploading some updated pics this week.

BTW are you still in Spain? Love that country...

Cheers to all and thanks for the interest in my work.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    neet i dont see very many custom fright zones. great!

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Sure... Im always lazy about uploading pics, but ill promise i will show ya some before Friday.

Theres still lot of work to complit it, just the front has arround 80% done so if i speak about the total work is about 30 to 40% done.

Thanks... About the statue, no, im not including it.

I hope i achive my goal.

Well defenetly this one has to be better than the SM i did several years ago. Ive been working for years on figures, sculting, etc, and you must know you improve your skills with the time... Also in this ocation for the first time i have lots of supplies to mold/cast this playset. But ill feel veru honored if you take my FZ as inspiration for yours.

Man i take lot of time to complete my things, hope not to take that much this time... but i will be defenetly uploading some updated pics this week.

BTW are you still in Spain? Love that country...

Cheers to all and thanks for the interest in my work.
    yes ill be here till october, so i cant do customs cause i dont know where to find materials lol
    but i like barcelona )))))

i only miss my motuc figures that arrives to my country while im here hahaha i did not had not even one figure of classics since roboto.....
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor

yes ill be here till october, so i cant do customs cause i dont know where to find materials lol
    but i like barcelona )))))

i only miss my motuc figures that arrives to my country while im here hahaha i did not had not even one figure of classics since roboto.....
    Cool... Well at least you know youll have them waiting for you, and when the time comes it will be like christmast; lots of figures to get opened... I dont have any MOTUC figure yet and i dont think ill be getting any figure any time soon, my economy is just enough to pay my rent, services, meals, transportation, but not any money left to buy figures Thats why i probably make my own figures and try to fill my own expectations with them, but im very positive everything will change for good sooner or later.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by octavio View Post
    Cool... Well at least you know youll have them waiting for you, and when the time comes it will be like christmast; lots of figures to get opened... I dont have any MOTUC figure yet and i dont think ill be getting any figure any time soon, my economy is just enough to pay my rent, services, meals, transportation, but not any money left to buy figures Thats why i probably make my own figures and try to fill my own expectations with them, but im very positive everything will change for good sooner or later.

Cheers.
    the figures will be always for sale, maybe not now, but who knows maybe one day u will can buy all at once, or start to buy some time to time, nobody knows
    i sold all my vintage collection to buy this figures cause i was pretty broke and thanks god they gave me good money to follow this collection, was hard to sell them but i thought they looks like the old ones and improved and even will be more than the others with pop and new adventures and pog included so i decided to sell them
    right now im happy with them but i would love to have them on my hands ))))
    what im regreat of sold maybe is my eternia plaset cause i know they will not do that, i should keep that
    visit my albums:

the figures will be always for sale, maybe not now, but who knows maybe one day u will can buy all at once, or start to buy some time to time, nobody knows
    i sold all my vintage collection to buy this figures cause i was pretty broke and thanks god they gave me good money to follow this collection, was hard to sell them but i thought they looks like the old ones and improved and even will be more than the others with pop and new adventures and pog included so i decided to sell them
    right now im happy with them but i would love to have them on my hands ))))
    what im regreat of sold maybe is my eternia plaset cause i know they will not do that, i should keep that
    Yeah thats exactly how i see it... About the Eternia playset you shall keep it, the other day i was checking on ebay that playset and the prices are insane i remember the cheapest one was arround $700.00 and from there up, one was almost $3000.00.

Guys i told ya i will place some updated pics today, but i actually havent take them and i want to work a little more with it before pics, so m gonna wait a little longer to show you all an update

Awww boo!
    Kidding. I know you want it to look good before you share some more. Just don't be embarrassed about work-in-progress photos, okay? We like those too!

Awww boo!
    Kidding. I know you want it to look good before you share some more. Just don't be embarrassed about work-in-progress photos, okay? We like those too!
    Yes ill be placing WIP photos due this will take a while to be complited. Just wanted to make the changes more obvius, but didnt have the chance to work on it for the past week so there wont be really big changes to show, but anyway ill be uploading some pics tomorrow.

Very nice! Keep us posted upon progress!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

This is how it looks right now, but it will be larger, still lot of work to do.

Excuse the mess in the table.
    Last edited by octavio; November 11, 2011 at 08:29pm.