Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Did Mattel sell us previously returned figures?

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    Thanks for the comments. Best of luck to everyone who ordered on Black Friday, and in future orders.
    Last edited by AdultCollector; December 4, 2010 at 07:34pm.

If there was a cover-up this thread would be locked too...

(well you cant see the above message because it was edited)

AdultCollector said above that he opened a similar thread at Matty's forums and it got deleted.
    Last edited by demiscy; December 5, 2010 at 06:30am.

Has anyone else gotten their Skeletor's yet?

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    That's why today's King Grayskull has the same ankle problems as the original KG; fixing it would have required a "development slot," so it was simply produced with the same flaws as the first version.
    KG2 *had* a development slot - hence the Orb, new half-swords, flocked shoulder pads, unstoned face and all the colour changes.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't think they are returned product--just what has become the norm for the QC standards of Mattel that so many of us repeatedly have to complain about--sloppy paint, misassembled figures etc.

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    At least I plan to use the TRU He-Man head on mine when it arrives. I also personally dislike the green on Skeletor's face, it looks like his skull is growing mold. This is why I prefer the TRU version so much.

I got an order recently and it was the same as yours. mispainted green on the face and the wig was raised up

Keyboard Warrior The Blue Beetle's Avatar
    I really hope this error with He-Man's hairline is not a line-wide issue, as this deafeats the SOLE purpose that I bought this figure for. My Battle Armor He-Man came with a head with this exact problem, and I've been looking for a fix ever since. I thought Cyber Monday was going to be the cheapest way to do it, but now it looks like I was wrong...

I received my He-Man today and he seems to have the raised hair and the body is glossy looking like the original release and not matted like the second release. Should I try to get a replacement?

After reading this thread, I asked on another board if I had orginal stock of my 2 BC's. So someone said that YEAH I did cause their BC had the burst on the front so that makes me really happy but my BC's had droopy heads but it was fixed with a piece of cardboard stuck in the empty space. The other 1 that is sealed was dinged up box where the 1 I opened was not. SO I have a good box that is opened and a dinged up box with a piece of metal wire sticking through the box sealed. Oh well I guess you can't win them all.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

Heroic Warrior
    I feel your pain guys.
    I too got a crappy wig He-Man from the Cyber Monday sale. I picked this up planning to keep it mosc, but had to open er up to fix the do. This seems very close to the first release, but with fixed shoulders, and less red eyes.
    Ah well, heres hoping BC is in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by SGT. ROCK View Post
    wig He-Man
    omg this made me crack up.
    I can't see wig He-Man as anything but evil, so I gave him Skeletor's armor and stuck him on the skull throne.

Heroic Warrior
    Sounds like I did the smart thing by buying He-Man and Skeletor before Cyber monday. But I just thought Skeletor had a green face with a yellow wash over it to make it look all decayed and creepy. Turns out it's bad paint.
    Oh well, it still looks cool!

Hey AdultCollector, I hope you dont mind but Im posting your pics on mattys forum.

I absolutely received a "returned figure"! Skeletor's white mailer had been re-taped and when I got it opened the thin white filler paper was all mashed up and certainly not positioned in the way they usually come packaged. His face looks terrible and he even has red paint from his eye smeared into his eye socket and onto the side of his nose. AND on top of all that his shoulder pads are painted wrong! One is black and the other is purple. clearly a repackaged figure sent back to another customer! unbelievable, really. my he-man also had the raised hairline. not very happy, not at all.
    here are the pics...

Check out my MOTUC stop motion animations @
    www.youtube.com/toyhousefeatures

MATTEL would NEVER repackage and resell old figures from unsatisfied customers back to new customers.

MATTEL would NEVER delete threads even suggesting such business practices and refute such allegations with a public statement.

MATTEL would NEVER lie to us.

MATTEL NEVER makes mistakes. NEVER.

cobraviper81, thank you for your post, your Skeletor's paint job is the worst yet! I totally didn't see the double tape. Excellent catch!

This absolutely confirms my fear! I checked and all six of my Black Friday figures' boxes also have two pieces of tape on each end!

demiscy, so you and everyone knows, I did post a copy of this thread on the Mattycollector.com forum, and it was removed in under 5 minutes. I later received an E-mail telling me it had been moved to a customer complaint portion of the site so that the administrators know about it. As far as I'm aware this other forum is not something the public has access to.

I'm busy with finals week in college, but someone may want to contact customer service and ask them a few questions. If they do, I'd appreciate it if they share the results with us here. I'd also like to know if it's possible for this to be brought up during the next Q&A session. What is the best way to make that happen?

Btw, here is a photo of my box's double tape.

I believe as customers we are owed an explanation for this shotty business practice. This is obviously more than just a mistake. Someone made a conscious business decision to go through with it. And what are the consequences? Now every He-Man, Skeletor and Battle Cat figure will be more closely scrutinized. The selling price of these figures, first run or otherwise, could go down on Ebay, this message board and elsewhere. Many collectors may now ask to see if there is one piece of tape or two on the box, before they decide whether they want to buy a figure, knowing that if there are two pieces of tape on the mailer then chances are the quality of the figure inside is poor.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    I highly doubt it. Then again, I only doubt it as much as you find it suspicious. I just don't think Mattel is low-down like that. They can't run a website very well, but they aren't going to sell product that has been returned.
    If anybody here ever finds a blue jacket/white pants/brown boots Captain Marvel, let me know. If so, my bad.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I requested a replacement and I'll let you guys know when I get it if they are all messed up or not.

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Got my box yesteray from Matty and all He-Mans have high wig syndrome. Also Battle-Cat is NOT the reissue. Called up Mattel and they are going to send UPS to come and pick up this package and send me the correct figures (hopefully.......but I do have my doubts!)
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

Heroic Warrior
    I think the high-hairline He-Man is just the way it is being produced now... Adam's hair was similar.

Heroic Warrior
    HOw do you go about fixing the wig?

Heroic Warrior
    Try popping the head off first, then carefully slide a exacto blade up/inbetween the hair and head and "cut" around the skull as best as possible. Don't accidently scrape the face paint. Then wiggle the head around untill you can slice the glued area on the top of his melon. Once you've removed the wig, you can repossition it and add a dab of superglue. Be carefull not the streatch the hair too much, because it will not lay flat on the sides of his face if you do. Good luck!

Honestly, you shouldn't use an exacto knife if you've never used one before.

Heat up the head with either with hot water or a hair dryer and pry off the wig with your fingers. Usually the bad wigs have poor adhesive in the first place and just come off easily.

This is truly unfortunate. I really don't know what to say. Ever since Chief Carnivus, I have received either shoddy paint jobs, backward parts, loose pieces, dinged up card/boxes, etc. QC really does seem to be slipping. I just received my Battle Cat and he has a bad paint job, a loose helmet and a dinged-up box. Mind you, the plain white box he was housed in was the only thing in pristine condition. After my Grizzlor arrived with a Don King hairstyle and now this. I really don't know how much longer I can hold out shelling $30+ a month for this. I'm slowly losing interest and that's a shame.
    "You don't wanna beat me or screw me!? What kind of marriage is this? Bring a book." -- Jerri Blank to her pretend husband Ronnie Leggett, from "Strangers With Candy"