Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: KULATAK discussion thread

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar

KULATAK discussion thread

I have discover this pic in a 200X thread, but who is Kulatak?
    Do you want him in Motuc? Any better pic of him?

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

Heroic Warrior
    Kulataks are a race of bears/wolves. They live in the north of Eternia, deep within ice and snow. They are best known for being the only race in Eternia mining Eternium.
    Featured in the MYP episode "Trust".

I´d love to have some Kulataks in MOTUC, as well as every other Eternian race.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

I have zero interest in the Kulataks.
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Certainly I'd be up for a Kulatak figure. Icer needs some creatures to terrorize when Mattel finally acquires the Filmation rights. And Matty needs a reason to classicize the Ice Armor He-Man and Skeletor variants.

Knowing these guys could nearly have had a figure in the 200x line makes me definitely want one released for MOTUC.

Hopefully the Kulatak figure could come with snap on armor parts (and maybe a 2nd head) which could be used to distinguish between the Kulatak elder and generic Kulatak warriors (those without the armor).

What would be excellent would be to eventually ... after MOTUC ... have a 200x Kulatak figure released as part of a limited collector series to fill out our 200x collections, with 4H designing the figures in the same scale and articulation - with action features - for all those we only received as stactions or not at all.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Bring on the Kulataks
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

so just a generic kulatak figure rather than a named kulatak character? either way, i think i'd have to put this on the post-2017 list

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Ealo View Post
    so just a generic kulatak figure rather than a named kulatak character? either way, i think i'd have to put this on the post-2017 list
    This makes me wonder... Would that have been the first real army-builder figure in 200x then? Mattel missed a fortune there, I guess.
    Gegen 2-Klassen-Gesellschaft in Internet-Foren

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    They made Carnivus, may as well make a Kulatak. I liked these characters better in the 200x series than I did the lion people anyway. They at least did something other than get taken over by snakemen.

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    I never cared much for the Kulataks in then toon, just felt like more shoehorning by MYP of their ideas over myriad existing MotU stuff.

But that said, I'm sure the 4H would make an awesome, purchase-worthy figure of 'em.

But in no way would I army-build or anything. One would be plenty, and I'd definitely develop my own backstory for it as a unique character.

I'm hard-pressed to think of anything cooler than a polar bear/werewolf hybrid, so bring on the Kulataks!!

I'd love to get some Kulataks, possibly as an army builder 2-pack. If it's anything like the Palace Guard 2-packs with extra heads, it'd be cool to have an aged Kulatak head so we can make one of them the Kulatak elder.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Kulatak = Wendigo wanna-be.

Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Actually, they're a bit different than a Wendigo.
    "Oh Lord, Bless this M&M... and the mighty cockroach I slain in battle to get it." - Al Bundy

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Visually...
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Well, different visually and in nature.

Wendigo are believed to be extremely evil creatures. Whereas the Kulataks are a peaceful, intelligent race. At least they were portrayed that way in MYP.

The thing that really draws me to them is their resemblance to wolves/werewolves. Wolves are my favorite animals and werewolves are my favorite type of monster, so anything that can somewhat bring that into the MOTUC line is good by me. I do understand your point though, as werewolves and Wendigo are often quite similar and quite often compared to each other.

I wouldnt be too upset if we never got a Kulatak in MOTUC.

Hmm...where did that name come from?

Where they ever in the "tundra?" Because it sounds like "Cool Attack" hehe.

Yeah I'd take a generic kulatak and a kulatak elder.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

I can honestly say that the Worgen are the last thing I want to see in MOTUC.
    Proud supporter of the Snake Men.

Most Wanted: Slave Girl, Crita, Lizorr, Tyrantisaurus Rex, Great Black Wizard.
    Most Wanted Filmation: Lord Masque, Ileena, Granita, General Sunder, Teela, He-Man, Skeletor, Hordak head.

No Slave Girl? Watch us hurl!

A barbaric world without slave girls? That's truly barbaric!

I'd take him. Any new figures from myp or mvc would be great.
    http://Motu.com.co
    Is is now up and live please check it out and spread the word please!!!

Follow me on Twitter
    BrianOzone
    My feedback threadhttp://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...or-Brian-Ozone

As much as I rag on MYP's toon, just like I did with Chief Carnivus, I really want a Kulatak. I'm a sucker for a beast that resembles a bear, wolf, or any other furry mammal.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    Well, different visually and in nature.

Wendigo are believed to be extremely evil creatures. Whereas the Kulataks are a peaceful, intelligent race. At least they were portrayed that way in MYP.
    Yeah, a Kulatak has more in common with Bumbles than a Wendigo...

Wendigos are a myth similar to a werewolf(although the "curse" is transferred by possession rather than a bite) originated, I believe, by the Algonquian people.

Quote Originally Posted by dedset13 View Post
    The thing that really draws me to them is their resemblance to wolves/werewolves. Wolves are my favorite animals and werewolves are my favorite type of monster, so anything that can somewhat bring that into the MOTUC line is good by me. I do understand your point though, as werewolves and Wendigo are often quite similar and quite often compared to each other.
    I gotta stop agreeing with you so much today. I come off like a creepy stalker.

Wolves are my second favorite animal after their close relative the dog. I've always loved lupine looking dogs though. My Akita definitely looks very wolf like. I also love werewolves more than any other monster out there(vampire, zombie, Frankenstein's monster, mummy). Give me The "original" Wolf Man, An American Werewolf In London, or even the first Howling over any other "scary" creature.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; December 5, 2010 at 01:50pm.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

I would really love a figue of the Kulatak leader that was featured in the episode. His has a chest harness, a staff and some spiral things on his arm... Did he have a name?

I would also love a figure of that really powerful old guy connected to all the wires that summoned He-Man to another planet. I can't remember his name... I always wished they did more with him.

i guess it'd be flocked?

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Yeah I'd take a generic kulatak and a kulatak elder.
    Same here.

Quote Originally Posted by AuraBoyX View Post
    I would really love a figue of the Kulatak leader that was featured in the episode. His has a chest harness, a staff and some spiral things on his arm... Did he have a name?

I would also love a figure of that really powerful old guy connected to all the wires that summoned He-Man to another planet. I can't remember his name... I always wished they did more with him.
    Sortech

A big fan of Slush Head
    Hell yeah bring on the Kulataks. I guess they'd need a new body. Unless they find a way to use Gygor's buck on them which is highly unlikely.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

I'd dig a Kulatak and Elder Kulatak for sure. I'm all for 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    Hell yeah bring on the Kulataks. I guess they'd need a new body. Unless they find a way to use Gygor's buck on them which is highly unlikely.
    I'd guess they'd use the Beastman/Carnivus body buck with new head, arms, and lower legs. Plus "fur armor" to put over the shoulders and back to buff them up. I say this because the Kulatak weren't that much bigger than the regular characters for the most part.
    Last edited by Bulkhide; December 5, 2010 at 08:09pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!