Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toyguru Mattycollector.com MOTUC news thread--December 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    LOL! I know I tried searching their forums too and couldn't find it either! But I do know that he is currently off-limits because he comes from the Golden Books (I think) which Mattel doesn't have the rights to.
    Actually he is From The Masters of The Universe Magazine, not The Golden Books.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    5,000 years is a PIDDLING amount of time for the Fortress of Mystery & Power that contains the greatest secrets & sits at the centre of the Universe!

The best way to fix these bios would be to delete them & then apologise.
    I disagree... In my mind Castle Grayskull is merely the most recent fortress that contains the Power of He. The Power of He is far more ancient than Grayskull himself. He and his ancestors are merely the most recent recipients of this power. The last protectors were the Overlords of Trolla and now it is the Council of Elders... Long after He-Man and She-Ra defeat their foes the power will be taken somewhere else to protect all good from evil and a new hero and fortress will emerge to carry on the Power of He from new threats that arise to all that is good.

That's how I see it.

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Actually he is From The Masters of The Universe Magazine, not The Golden Books.
    Oh, cool, then it seems like he should be able to be made then right?

I think I was confusing him with Goatman who I'd also like!
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Neutro View Post
    Oh, cool, then it seems like he should be able to be made then right?

I think I was confusing him with Goatman who I'd also like!
    Thats what Im wondering, but Toyguru said it's been answered numerous times. I can't find that, so I think he might have mistaken Strobo with someone else like photog.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    TG Just answered a question of mine over at Matty-

Always a possibility and one we haver talked about if we wanted to refresh Grayskull down the road. We just did a King Grayskull so if we did this it might not be for awhile.TG
    I recently received my Glow in the Dark 'Uncle Deadly' from Palisades Superb Muppets line, and instead of being cast in GITD Plastic, he is painted with GITD paint and its amazing, thats what I would really hope TG and co might consider if they did make a 'Ghost of Grayskull'.

It shows all the deatil and has a fantastic texture.

ka
    Excellent idea Ka. A GITD King Grayskull would be awesome as Spirit of Grayskull!

I just hope they pack in a 2nd GITD head that is blank (similar to the masked face of DC's The Question) like the spirit of Grayskull was portrayed on the bio card and in the vintage mini-comic.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    New stuff is up.

Most intriguing is this Master Re-Deco List!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Wow! two of My questions made the cut! Cool!

I wonder how many other Buzz Offs there are without the peg holes?

But as TG said Buzzy stands perfectly without a stand! he and whiplash are solid as rocks!

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I was rather disappointed with Mattel's answer to the "please say whether or not the Filmation rights are being pursued" question. They weren't clear! Are they or aren't they still trying to obtain the rights?

My guess is that they aren't, because if they were to say that clearly, some fans would likely drop this line.

Heck, even without the Filmation characters, people are buying in droves, so I guess it's in Mattel's best interests to be vague and see what happens.

It just gets under my skin. Be honest! SAY you're not going after them because they're too expensive, or whatever the case is!

Then again, maybe because this is business they can't just be blunt about it. Whatever. Mattel annoys me.

The POP answer is awesome, But I still hafta wonder at the point of asking it at all, I guess its back to the old 'Princess of Power' is Sissy Yuck! I want a butch 'The great Rebellion' sticker to reassure myself of my manhood!'

But on closer inspection, the poster seems to be female, so she may be just asking it, cos shes curious.

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; December 28, 2010 at 05:30pm.

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    I was rather disappointed with Mattel's answer to the "please say whether or not the Filmation rights are being pursued" question. They weren't clear! Are they or aren't they still trying to obtain the rights?

My guess is that they aren't, because if they were to say that clearly, some fans would likely drop this line.

Heck, even without the Filmation characters, people are buying in droves, so I guess it's in Mattel's best interests to be vague and see what happens.

It just gets under my skin. Be honest! SAY you're not going after them because they're too expensive, or whatever the case is!

Then again, maybe because this is business they can't just be blunt about it. Whatever. Mattel annoys me.
    I think TG and the MOTUC/ DCUC team are always pushing internally for Filmation characters, but that dosen't change the official line "currently we don't have access". It does make fans think that there is a possibility one day. The higher ups over scott's head must be aware that fans are not letting this issue drop and keep pushing for these characters so hopefully one day that may lead to a few characters like Shadow Weaver and Shekotti making it into MOTUC.

I would love to see a Filmation line of MOTU & POP toys based of the cartoon designs, but also including characters from other Filmation cartoons that looked similar like, blackstar, bravestarr, flash gorden and Isis.
    Last edited by Angel-T; December 28, 2010 at 06:06pm.
    PRO CLASSIC POP TOY DESIGN ELEMENTS BEING USED IN MOTUC TO COMPLEMENT THE FILMATION DESIGNS!!!!

I FULLY SUPPORT THE INCLUSION OF ILLUMINA IN MOTUC!!!!!

IF YOUR SICK OF WAITING FOR A LIGHT TO APPEAR AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL, STRIDE DOWN THERE AND LIGHT THE BLOODY THING YOURSELF!!!!!!!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    I agree! And I'm loving that Filmation look.

I don't know why they can't do Shadow Weaver

Well, I dug some old comics out of the loft the other day. In one of them Shadow Weaver appeared. It was in issue 42. At the begining of the magazine it states, He-Man etc and all other character's devices herein, along with their related indicia are trademarks of Mattel Inc. It mentions nothing of Filmation's involvement. Also, Shadow Weaver appeared in two of the Lady Bird story books of that time and in that it mentions nothing of Filmation's ownership of related characters. So what gives? Surely it would't be that difficult to produce a MOTUC version of Shadow Weaver.

The POP answer is awesome, But I still hafta wonder at the point of asking it at all, I guess its back to the old 'Princess of Power' is Sissy Yuck! I want a butch 'The great Rebellion' sticker to reassure myself of my manhood!'

But on closer inspection, the poster seems to be female, so she may be just asking it, cos shes curious.

ka
    If you go by the stickers previously used so far, the POP sticker doesn't make much sense. It should have been, imo, "The Great Rebellion". Having said that, I'm happy they went with POP. Not only is that logo iconic, it also further upsets those who feel Bow isn't "masculine" enough to begin with.
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    New stuff is up.

Most intriguing is this Master Re-Deco List!
    The mention of this Master Re-Deco list makes me think this line is roughly planned for well past 2016/2017/2018 or that they will start adding more figures to the monthly schedule.

That is, if they decide to get to those figures. I think that is great as more MOTUC is all that I want

With the inconsistent quality control of this line, it seems that Mattel can barely handle one figure per month with the occasional bonus figures. So while I'd like more figures, I'd much prefer to wait a few extra years to get them if that means a better chance at better QC.
    – No comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Well, I dug some old comics out of the loft the other day. In one of them Shadow Weaver appeared. It was in issue 42. At the begining of the magazine it states, He-Man etc and all other character's devices herein, along with their related indicia are trademarks of Mattel Inc. It mentions nothing of Filmation's involvement. Also, Shadow Weaver appeared in two of the Lady Bird story books of that time and in that it mentions nothing of Filmation's ownership of related characters. So what gives? Surely it would't be that difficult to produce a MOTUC version of Shadow Weaver.
    You would think so, wouldn't you? Think again.

Shadow Weaver is the one most requested figure that we are being denied. It has been stated time and again by Mattel that they can't make her.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The mention of this Master Re-Deco list makes me think this line is roughly planned for well past 2016/2017/2018 or that they will start adding more figures to the monthly schedule.

That is, if they decide to get to those figures. I think that is great as more MOTUC is all that I want
    The line was mapped through 2016 awhile ago, but that was presumably for the 12 monthly figures. The recently added 4 A-list variants a year plus the Toys R Us packs are more than enough reason as to why they would create a master re-deco list.
    MOTUC for sale:
    MOTUC Sale Items

DC, Marvel, MOTU, and TMNT for sale:
    DC Marvel MOTUC & TMNT For Sale

My feedback:
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK
    MY FEEDBACK

Dylamug

It's such a pitty about the Filmation characters. I'd also love to see Dylamug join the MOTUC line in the future. I thought Dylamug as a Horde Vilain back in the 80s was so original. Back when I saw that first She-Ra cartoon I thought that he was going to be one of the bad guys of the show, then as it turned out he never appeared again until season 2. What a waste of a good idea, I thought! There was something about his appearence that shouted original in that his face was positioned in the centre of his robotic abdomen. Cool. Somehow, I do believe Mattel will get round to the filmation characters. They're not revealing anything to fans because they want to retool all the original figures first as well as concepts, then a few more years down the line the first Filmation figure will be revealed. Like most things in business, they build up to it and reveal nothing until it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Shokoti View Post
    I'm happy they went with POP. Not only is that logo iconic, it also further upsets those who feel Bow isn't "masculine" enough to begin with.
    hehehe Love that angle too!

also-

I realise I am in the extreme minority here, but I dont want new figures/characters (beyond Marlena,Marzo and a few that should have been figures).

If they start wheeling out 'Horde Trooper sergeant' or similar Im out of the Sub!

ka
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; December 28, 2010 at 09:29pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

[/CENTER]

Why wouldn't you want new charecters? I don't think camo Horde Trooper could ever be relased outside of TRU type stuff.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenskarr View Post
    Fascinating find for sure. I am very interested in Mattel's response to this.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Why wouldn't you want new charecters? I don't think camo Horde Trooper could ever be relased outside of TRU type stuff.
    I dont mind 'New' Characters, but I want them After we have all the vintage POP,MOTU,NA figures have been released!

[/CENTER]

Heroic Warrior
    I dont mind 'New' Characters, but I want them After we have all the vintage POP,MOTU,NA figures have been released!
    Agreed!!

Well.. to a point anyway.

My 'official' answer is that I want ALL of my favorite characters released before any new characters I don't know. Cool new characters can come out before the sucky vintage characters I hate

However since that is a very flexible list, their 'original characters first' is probably the right way to go

Well since they insist on spacing stuff out, new charecters in between will fit fine and feel fresh. ToyGuru said it's the line's mandate to release every single vintage charecter before creating charecters out of thin air like the Fighting Foe Men.

Love the fact guys like Procrustus, Choloh, the Demon from Man-E-Faces mini-comic, the Obelisk warriors, etc, are all supposedly on the Master List.

Not to mention the Castle Grayskull spacesuit and Underwater Attack Teela.

Still hoping something may happen for the charity Pink Teela/Pink Sorceress 2 pack.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199