Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Were there any evil He-Men?

Heroic Warrior

Were there any evil He-Men?

I started thinking about this after I looked at the pictures of the Vikor figure. My question isn't literal. Anyone who was worthy of the title "He-Man" had to have been a good guy at some point, right?

But now we have Wun-Dar, Vikor, He-Ro, Grayskull, and Adam/He-Man who all fulfilled the "He-Man" role and/or wielded (or at least come with) at least half of the Sword of He. And Wun-Dar, Vikor, and Adam come with the "good" half of the sword.

My real question is whether there were any "evil" people who found and wielded the "evil" half of the Sword of He during the 500 years between Grayskull's death and Adam's ascension to the title of He-Man. Or was Skeletor the first (and it's a bit of an assumption that he ever even had half the Sword of He--I don't think we know that for sure yet) to find and wield the "evil" half?

I'm not saying that for every "He-Man" there needs to be an equal and opposite "Skeletor-archtype-fulfillor." But there's an opening for a evil figure or two there that I think Mattel should exploit in, say, 2013. Anyone with me?

That could be cool. Someone mentioned that maybe Demo-Man could be Vikor's nemesis. That'd be cool. Not sure who Wun-Dar could fight... Lo-Karb perhaps?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not sure who Wun-Dar could fight... Lo-Karb perhaps?
    Priceless!

Too funny I just made mention of this in the Black He-Man thread. Great minds....... What if Keldor was intended to be a He-Man?
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    Too funny I just made mention of this in the Black He-Man thread. Great minds....... What if Keldor was intended to be a He-Man?
    Great minds, indeed! I haven't gotten to the black He-Man thread yet, but it makes perfect sense that there should be one at some point.

The ancestral line part of the story makes Keldor a lot more intriguing to me than he otherwise would be for this exact reason. I mean, as a descendent of Grayskull (assuming that Miro is his father and his mother was the Gar), he would have the right by blood to unite the halves of the sword and wield it, right? Orko's bio might say different, that there was something special about Adam that allowed him to do this and this is not something that every descendent of Grayskull could do. But still, in theory Keldor may have the ability.

Vader/ Skywalker.
    “You don't stop playing because you grow old you grow old because you stop playing.” George Benard Shaw.

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    I'm not sure if there is a 'evil' half of the power sword. the sword was split in two halves but i'm not sure one half was 'evil' or not.

Or why they'd allow someone evil to possess one half of the sword... makes no sense.

I choose to ignore the whole half sword debacle... way too much inconsistency story-wise for me.... example: Duncan made the electronic sword for Adam to use till he could combine both halves, but then in Orko's bio it says the sword halves were recombined before being given to Adam... so Adam never had to combine both halves, as previously suggested did he?

to me there is only one sword of power (the 200x sword, given to He-ro, then King Grayskull, & finally to Adam), the rest are just generic clone swords of many colors that everyone seems to have for some odd reason.

personally i'd think it'd be cool if each 'He-man' had his own arch nemesis to go along with him. what's the point of 'protecting' something if there's no enemy to fight?
    Or why would they all be waiting for Adam to be born to have the sword passed on to him since apparently Adam is the 'chosen one'? why not just hide the swords in Grayskull (as the tv shows suggested was done) until Adam came along, rather than do the whole sword splitting fiasco & put so much trust is various others over the course of 500 years?

i mean wasn't the sorceress supposed to be immortal according to the Filmation series? wouldn't she be the one keeping the swords safe?

I'm wondering which 'He-man' killed Karak 'Nul, since he's a ghost as Scareglow... and who banished him to the alternate dimension before being freed by Skeletor? there's alot more to that guy's story to be told yet.

I think it'd be equally cool if there was a female 'He-man' (or preternian She-ra, if you will) that protected the sword halves.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Not sure who Wun-Dar could fight... Lo-Karb perhaps?
    Indeed....
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Ntumbuluku View Post
    Great minds, indeed! I haven't gotten to the black He-Man thread yet, but it makes perfect sense that there should be one at some point.

The ancestral line part of the story makes Keldor a lot more intriguing to me than he otherwise would be for this exact reason. I mean, as a descendent of Grayskull (assuming that Miro is his father and his mother was the Gar), he would have the right by blood to unite the halves of the sword and wield it, right? Orko's bio might say different, that there was something special about Adam that allowed him to do this and this is not something that every descendent of Grayskull could do. But still, in theory Keldor may have the ability.
    Get there mattel needs to see your support!!!!

The baddies should be like Sith's. Almost but not quit as bad as THE lord of destruction.

I'm starting to think that there really was never an "evil" half... the only reason the half that Adam combines with his was Purple and "evil" is because Skeletor or Keldor had it at some point.

Before that, the swords were split and hidden... apparently each of the he-men were allowed to use one half?

Otherwise, we'd need a villain with a discolored half, respectively, so far, for:

Vikor
    Wun-Darr
    Oo-Larr
    &
    whoever else was a "he-man" or "he-ra/woman"
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

It'd be cool to have a protector of the Sword of He that turns evil. Maybe Keldor could be the one who did the Anakin Skywalker - thing and turned to the dark side. He already has a lot incommon with Anakin. He was an apprentice to the Emp... er.. I mean Hordak and was injured and turned into Darth.. er... I mean Skeletor.

Heidi
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

You're right, Heidi... it's very similar.

I also tend to think that Keldor may have been an intended he-man, but something happened to mess that up.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Im guessing Prahvus will be one of the past He-Men's nemesis...
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    It'd be cool to have a protector of the Sword of He that turns evil. Maybe Keldor could be the one who did the Anakin Skywalker - thing and turned to the dark side. He already has a lot incommon with Anakin. He was an apprentice to the Emp... er.. I mean Hordak and was injured and turned into Darth.. er... I mean Skeletor.

Heidi
    If not someone like Anakin then maybe someone like Gollum? Someone who is obsessed with the Power Sword and has to have it taken from them from the next successor

I guess we can do what ever we want as MOTUC is an avatar for the imagination

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PIMPS ADAM View Post
    NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

There are WAY too many Green Lantern references in Masters of the Universe now. We do NOT need Sinestro!

Heck, Keldor even kind of looks similar to Sinestro. Please don't give Mattel more Green Lantern ideas.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    If Karak Nul was an evil "He-Men" it would be very cool. He was obssesed with the Power Sword he guarded and his curiosity about revealing the secrets of Castle Grayskull was his doom.

I don´t think that there is a "good part" a and an "evil part". The sword was splitted in two just for avoiding it use...

Keldor can´t be a "He-Men" (definition of He-Men - protectors of the half Power Swords) because he can access to the full Grayskull power. The He-Men can´t access to the Grayskull Power (only the Grayskull´s heirs can)
    Last edited by Snake Hunter; July 30, 2010 at 03:59am.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

As a boy I used to wonder if the mystery over Teela's father was that Skeletor was actually her father ... or rather, the human Skeletor was before he became Skeletor. Sorceress only ever referred to him as a great and noble warrior, which could have been Skeletor before the seduction of Hordak and merging into Skeletor.

Now years later that we have some flesh on the bones of pre-Skeletor (i.e. Keldor) - maybe its possible that Keldor was meant to be a "He-Man", and went off to train, study and learn to be such a great heroic warrior, while Randor remained in the Royal Court. Randor and Keldor came together to defeat the Marzo uprising. Keldor turned power-hungry and evil and was banished from Eternia etc etc etc ...

Anyway, just a thought.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

I think I've said it before, but I envision Keldor as having heard the prophecy, and coming to the (erroneous) realization that he and Randor were the Grayskull descendants mentioned. He was wrong, and the whole thing kinda drove him crazy.

If that is a possibility, then surely it could have happened before as well.
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I'll put out there that I don't think Zodac testing Adam in "The Search" would have happened if he didn't think there was a very real, actual danger that someone with the powers of He-Man could turn his powers towards evil...

Something similar happened in MVC volume one.

I guess the closest thing to a bad he-man (besides faker of course.) would be keldor/skeletor, cause he's actually from the grayskull bloodline.
    bnl4life

For me i never like the half swords. (thats why i glue them together first chance i get )

In my canon the sword changes color depending on who weilds it. Also for every he-man there has to be a skeletor/arch nemesis. For me everything has has to symmetrical. If there is a protector of the sword there has to be someone after it.

As it has been stated, I don't think there ever was an "evil" half. I do, however, give the sword a sort of "life", in my own story. The two halves change owners so much over the years, but it's the time with He-Man and Skeletor respectively that changes the swords. They're sort of the "chosen two" in terms of good and evil (She-Ra being that important third that is supposed to bring down the house and tip things on the side of good). Anyway, since the swords spend so much time in He-Man and Skeletor's hands, I have it that they have become attached to thier owners, and finally putting them together again is a major dimension-ripping event that sends them off to the NA area...however, that's subject to change as new bios come out. I take what I like and leave the rest.

But, in the interest of those who follow the bios, I am liking the idea of an "evil" He-Man in a different way. You're suggesting that there's always an evil counterpart, wielding the other half, but what if there was just an "evil" He-Man? Someone who protected the swords, but indured more hardship than other He-Men, and decided to combine the swords before the chosen time so that he could end what he considers to be a silly game. It's not really "evil", of course. He believes he's just trying to end the cycle; if one person has the power, then that's the end of it. He may not have planned to take over, but who knows? I'm thinking of his quest to unite the swords and how the Goddess tries to stop him along the way, finally ending in a sorrowful death at the gates of Grayskull when the Goddess simply has to take him down to make sure the prophecy comes to pass. With Adam, the one in the prophecy, they have an idea of what will happen. But, if someone else tries to unite the swords? It's all up in the air after that.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    As it has been stated, I don't think there ever was an "evil" half. I do, however, give the sword a sort of "life", in my own story. The two halves change owners so much over the years, but it's the time with He-Man and Skeletor respectively that changes the swords. They're sort of the "chosen two" in terms of good and evil (She-Ra being that important third that is supposed to bring down the house and tip things on the side of good). Anyway, since the swords spend so much time in He-Man and Skeletor's hands, I have it that they have become attached to thier owners, and finally putting them together again is a major dimension-ripping event that sends them off to the NA area...however, that's subject to change as new bios come out. I take what I like and leave the rest.

But, in the interest of those who follow the bios, I am liking the idea of an "evil" He-Man in a different way. You're suggesting that there's always an evil counterpart, wielding the other half, but what if there was just an "evil" He-Man? Someone who protected the swords, but indured more hardship than other He-Men, and decided to combine the swords before the chosen time so that he could end what he considers to be a silly game. It's not really "evil", of course. He believes he's just trying to end the cycle; if one person has the power, then that's the end of it. He may not have planned to take over, but who knows? I'm thinking of his quest to unite the swords and how the Goddess tries to stop him along the way, finally ending in a sorrowful death at the gates of Grayskull when the Goddess simply has to take him down to make sure the prophecy comes to pass. With Adam, the one in the prophecy, they have an idea of what will happen. But, if someone else tries to unite the swords? It's all up in the air after that.
    I've thought about Wud-Dar in these terms a little bit, mostly because of this title and bio. "The Savage He-Man" who fights evil "in a savage way." Makes it seem like he's got some shades of gray in him that aren't normal for "a He-Man." What if his savagery got out of control and turned him power hungry enough to do what you suggested, Alexx? I mean, what makes Wun-Dar "savage"?

Not sure I would want an evil he-man. I always think of him as the good guy. However, for every yin there is a yang so in theory Skeletor is our "evil he-man"

I suppose I would not mind seeing a wielder of the power sword get corrupted AFTER they had been the protector. perhaps an evil, zombie he-man?!?!
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!