Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4H sez New Adventures He-Man isn't scheduled

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar

4H sez New Adventures He-Man isn't scheduled

Don't let Bow's shared parts fool you.

According to Poe Ghostal's 3rd Annual 4H interview, New Adventures He-Man isn't on the schedule.

Bummer. I was hoping for NA He-Man to show up sometime in 2011. A MOTUC version would be one hell of an update.

Discuss.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn 200X Prince Adam 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze Angella Perfuma Evilseed (MYP)

Damn this news sucks. That was the one quarterly figure I was really hoping to see next year.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Maybe is just a trick in order to fooling us.
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

No... No! It's not true! That's Impossible! NOOOOOOOOO! *ahem!* I mean They can't delay NA He-Man! Looks like I'll have to put Adam's head on Bow's body in the meantime
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

If this is true it is a HUGE let down. Purchasing the SUB for the first time this year I really had it in my mind that I would be getting the NA He-Man in 2011... hopefully like someone mentioned, maybe they are fooling us.
    Last edited by ByThePowerOf...; December 7, 2010 at 10:14pm.

Hmmm...interesting. This information comes off as if the 4H aren't doing a lot of NA at all really. As if they don't have much to do related to NA figures this year or next. At least to me this is how it seems.
    Supporter of All Eras! Including "Son of He-Man"!

I really hope this is a misleading statement. Based on the pattern we've seen so far with this line, parts get reused fairly quickly such as the case with Trap Jaw and Optikk and then Roboto - all within the same year. Teela, the Goddess and Evil-Lyn within a 4-5 month time span. Like you all said hopefully this is just to mislead us.

Now that I think about it... the horsemen have to know a NA He-man is planned. I am sure it has been planned that they sculpted Bow's boots to be used with NA He-man... I mean the boots are pretty much identical to the vintage NA He-man boots.

I think that they just don't want the thought of an upcoming NA He-Man to steal Bow's thunder. Mattel is cheap and is going to want to get it's use out of that new tooling.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    If this is true it is a HUGE let down. Purchasing the SUB for the first time this year I really had it in my mind that I would be getting the NA He-Man in 2011... hopefully like someone mentioned, maybe they are fooling us.
    You purchased the sub with the purpose of getting a New Adventures variant of He-Man? Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think you would have been ok trying to obtain this figure on sale day (whenever it's released). Don't forget, you have a lot of people on these boards that are anti-NA or anti-He-Man/Skeletor variants.

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar
    Remember they planned all the figures out already. I'm sure when we get NA He-Man he'll share the tooling but he just isn't in the cards right now.

I would love to have more NA in the line though so it kinda sucks. I like the diversity and the "further" adventures in the future.

Eh, I don't care. They made the NA He-Man parts: we'll be getting an NA He-Man. That's all I care about. I don't care when. Just that we do.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

A big fan of Slush Head
    What?! I hope they are trying to fool us.
    Ever since I saw Bow I've been expecting that version of He-Man.
    I thought 2011 will had him scheduled.
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

Frankly I dont care he's not comming in 2011. Relieved actually. I'm not saying I wouldnt get one when it's availible, just it's not a "must have" anyway, and I'm glad this shows they are planning ahead this far in advance now.

I believe it may be misleading on purpose, and I'm ok with that as well, I bet he'll be a great figure.

But I do hope it waits awhile, but also that they do at least one more NA in 2011that isnt a hero. Cause I want another vilian.

Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    You purchased the sub with the purpose of getting a New Adventures variant of He-Man? Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think you would have been ok trying to obtain this figure on sale day (whenever it's released). Don't forget, you have a lot of people on these boards that are anti-NA or anti-He-Man/Skeletor variants.
    Haha no I didn't purchase the sub for the purpose of getting that figure... I just thought it would be a nice bonus getting that figure in the sub. I never really had a problem getting any of the figures off of mattycollector and with the increase production I am sure the figure won't be very troublesome to obtain. Plus it doesn't really matter if some people don't like New Adventures. Mattel has made it clear that they will continue to make NA characters and looking at the sell out time Optik didn't have any problem selling. Even if you arn't a huge fan of the NA series, you have to admit that the NA He-man is pretty frickin cool and comes with a ton of accessories.

A big fan of Slush Head
    Quote Originally Posted by baronterror View Post

But I do hope it waits awhile, but also that they do at least one more NA in 2011that isnt a hero. Cause I want another vilian.
    I hope Slush Head shows up in 2011 man. My avatar is tired of winking. LOL
    http://mikebock.deviantart.com/
    SLUSH HEAD FINALLY SHOWED UP IN MOTUC YAY!!!

One less figure standing in the way of receiving a Castle Grayskull spacesuit or Queen Marlena or Dragon Blaster Skeletor or a blonde Bikini Teela or a 200x Evil Lyn.
    Last edited by Swanmarsh; December 7, 2010 at 11:15pm.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Sorcerer of Night Lord_Of_Destruction's Avatar
    Forgive me but... YAY!

I'm not an NA hater at all but I have no big interest in yet another He-Man variant plus of all the possible variants this is one of the lowest on my priority list (higher than Smash Blade but...)
    "How I loathe heroes! Always getting in the way and acting so... so... heroic!"

please check out my fan fics at:

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/399417/

Court Magician
    Well, that stinks. I was really looking forward to getting a NA He-Man this year. I hope they at least do Slush-Head soon. With how popular Optikk turned out to be, he is sure to sell.

I'm holding out and hope they make a Lizorr, I love that guy.
    Last edited by Jace Madan; December 7, 2010 at 11:31pm.

Evil Apologist of Mattel Count Marzo's Avatar
    Good. I don't want Blue Jeans He-Man anyways.

They'd have to really blow me away to make me even think about buying it.
    -=EvilCuntMarz=-
    BLK FLWR!!!!

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Well that kind of blows. I was actually kind of hoping he would come out. Well, that means we better not get ANOTHER friggin He-Man at all in 2011 because the Preternia one is going to be more than enough.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Elder Councilman
    Quote Originally Posted by grenadaspice View Post
    which is why Optikk was gone in 16 minutes, right?

the variants thing I can understand though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bock View Post
    I hope Slush Head shows up in 2011 man. My avatar is tired of winking. LOL
    It looks like he's blinking, but what's next? He'll nod?
    Last edited by KingRandor82; December 8, 2010 at 12:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    You can't expect every figure to quickly pop up. TG already said there will be a Galactic Defender figure this year. There's more MOTU and POP figures coming in 2011, so you got to pace yourselves. I imagine that we are going to get another He-man variant down the road in the form of Thunder Punch He-man or Flying Fist He-man.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    This really is too bad.

I wanted NA He-Man and Skelly to show up in 2011. If it were Toyguru giving us this message, I would almost expect NA He-Man to show up soon (not much of a poker face...) unfortunately, it's the 4h giving us the bad news.

Oh well, Alexx makes a great point. The parts are there, we just need the patience.

Hopefully we will get at least 2 to 3 more NA figs before years end.
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornclown View Post
    Hopefully we will get at least 2 to 3 more NA figs before years end.
    Unlikely. One, yes. Two, maybe. Three, no.

There are 16 standard figures confirmed for 2011, including variants. Plus a $25 SDCC item that *may* follow the standard + small figure pack precedent from last year.

Formally announced are [s]Cona...[/s] Vikor (PoG), Bow (PoP), King Hsss (Snake Men), BA Skeletor (variant) and Sy-Klone (HW).

Confirmed to some extent are (1) three PoP figures [inc. Bow], (2) four female figures [overlapping with the PoP figures, probably inc. at least one variant], (3) Faceless One, who at last report had slipped back to around August.

Since none of the available NA figures are female, and NAHM has been ruled out now, that leaves only four months where there *could* be an NA figure (four announced figures + three monthly females + Faceless One). I don't forsee any possibility that *three* of those will be taken up by NA.